AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-07, 13:24   Link #1241
Golden_Witch

I'm trying to catch up this, I dunno which chapter number I stopped though.
Which one was the one where he battle Jason?(I think that guys name was)
Golden_Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 13:27   Link #1242
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
People only say this because of the happy cover of the chap 1, in my case since from the moment that Sasaki was building the psychological profile from Torso, for me I was already clear that this would not be a gag manga, but something with a footprint more investigative style + drama + parts of comedy, and we still need to know if Sasaki also pretends that sense of humor to not focus on what bothers him.
Same with me, actually. The point I was making is that:
1.) Compared to TG, :re has lighter atmosphere. So the bright colours usage is not a bad decision, in the end.
2.) Just like you said, there is a sad undertone in the manga. But it was deliberately hidden until latter chapters in the volume reveal what they are. Do you think it's a good decision to blatantly show this hidden undertones on the cover?

I'm not saying it's bad to have subjective or negative opinions, but at the very least do consider that it does represent the "added" tone on the series, and the author's intent to make it less blatantly painful (maybe atm...) than the Ghoul/Anteiku side of TG thanks to the humours, if it is not clear. (Now that I think about it, my reply before did sound aggressive huh...)

P/S: I personally would be more than happy if we get a surprise on the back cover part btw~

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteDestiny View Post
Besides I wouldn't really call the first chapters of :re "happy" per say, but rather preceding the real tragedy. After all these early chapters which instigated all the Sasaki is Kaneki theories was based on the foundation that Kaneki went from one tragedy to another by being manipulated by the CCG, him crying when Urie called him a ghoul embodies that sad scenario. So I really wouldn't call it happy, since after all Kaneki/Sasaki's "smile" is for the most part implied to be faked, as the hand on the chin implied.
The prettified part I have no comments since it's more like every non-new characters was being beautified by age somehow Even Juuzou was much more prettier in the One Shot compared to the series imo (Though in the end, I just view it positively as "Ishida's artsyle levelled up" lol).

As for the "happy" parts, do remember that I said it's "on the surface" I have the same opinion as yours, actually. But like I said in my reply to LG, this is because the tragedy is mostly undertones, and secondly, the fact that Ishida did put a great deal in fooling us the magazine readers until it really hits later. I can agree with the first impression, but that was exactly the same thing we did when the magazine cover were revealed. Do remember that this manga cover is also for those who had yet to read YJ magazine in Japan, so he might want to play with everyone's mind as usual.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2014-12-07 at 13:41.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 13:32   Link #1243
InfiniteDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Witch View Post
I'm trying to catch up this, I dunno which chapter number I stopped though.
Which one was the one where he battle Jason?(I think that guys name was)
Kaneki's battle with Jason starts on chapter 64.
InfiniteDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 14:16   Link #1244
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
(Oh yeah, the heart wouldn't be there in official release wwwwww That was just because this, along with 19th Dec YJ releases, was put on Boku Girl CP iirc. And that CP has hot pink background... )
Even without the heart, this cover looks like it came straight out of a shojo manga

Sassan looking straight at the reader with a charming smile on his face, the glasses...
Old 2014-12-07, 14:46   Link #1245
LG-MAX 2.o

If Sasaki is "imitating" the Hide personality, I can imagine him asking Touka in dating in the next chapter.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 16:32   Link #1246
Xacual

I'm not the only one that thinks it's stupid as hell that they started another coffee shop right? After using Anteiku as their cover before and CCG if it wasn't aware of it before, should be now that ghouls can consume coffee what with Kaneki being under their control. It seems like any coffee shop should be under extra scrutiny as potential places ghouls might visit to keep up appearances.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 16:37   Link #1247
Breimoon

They already knew that. It is for that reason that they always check people who buy a lot of cofee.
Well what i don't understand is where they get the fake documents they need to open a shop. For a taxi you can somewhat manage without them but for a shop?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 17:02   Link #1248
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
I'm not the only one that thinks it's stupid as hell that they started another coffee shop right?
Torso was a taxi driver, but it does mean that the CCG will consider that there is a taxi company run by ghouls, ghouls mingle in society, stupidity would be if the place was called Anteiku 2.0.
Old 2014-12-07, 17:21   Link #1249
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
What I don't understand is why humans don't just stop drinking coffee. I get that there are some caffeine addicts out there, but it's rather silly that for people to still pass that off as just another beverage. Unless it's only recently discovered that ghouls love them coffee drinks.

I'm inclined to believe that ghouls are a recent phenomenon (at least on an evolutionary scale). They are the natural human predators, and outside of anomalies like Arima, they would crush the humans handily. Yet, they are in hiding and humans appear to be the dominant species. Touka raised a good question in TG on how ghouls came to be, though I'm a little apprehensive on how the author would approach this topic. In Ishida we trust, I guess.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 17:32   Link #1250
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
They already knew that. It is for that reason that they always check people who buy a lot of cofee.
Well what i don't understand is where they get the fake documents they need to open a shop. For a taxi you can somewhat manage without them but for a shop?
are you sure it's been said?

I say this because the way ghouls see themselves and the way the CCG understands them is different, for example, to many Ghouls a kagune suffering transformation through cannibalism is a myth / fairy tale/ story to steer sleep, etc. . But the CCG sees this as a fact (though rarely happens) and even uses the word Kakuja, something ghouls do not use.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2014-12-07 at 18:03.
Old 2014-12-08, 21:04   Link #1251
LG-MAX 2.o

chapter came out, some considerations.

for those who read the raw, anyone know if there were errors in translation?

on the chapter

It was a good chapter, apparently there are mysteries that still circulate around from Torso, what are those recordings?
CCG thinks that there is only one Rabbit, we had a few more revelations about the Quinx (I will use the name the raw translators use). Nutcracker is frightening, and it was very nice to see the interaction between Sasaki, Shirazu and Mutsuki, and at the end we have that meeting.
Old 2014-12-08, 21:20   Link #1252
The One Above God
Kamijou

So...Touka shows up, huh? I find it kinda early, but oh well. Seems like Sasaki will get his memories back earlier than I thought.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 21:27   Link #1253
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Juuzou knows the identity of Sasaki, i expected that, but now i wanna see his orthopedic leg
I think Nutcracker is the red head of the Pierrot
Yomo is like "dafuq is he doing here"
Old 2014-12-08, 22:51   Link #1254
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
chapter came out, some considerations.

for those who read the raw, anyone know if there were errors in translation?
Not particularly, no notable errors. Imperialscans' tler has been improving somewhat, though I personally don't think the ambiguous cut sentences are not exactly their forte. (Not like it's easy to keep the ambiguity but still)

Also Uncle Yomo's face here makes a good reaction pic lol

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 23:34   Link #1255
InfiniteDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Juuzou knows the identity of Sasaki, i expected that, but now i wanna see his orthopedic leg
I think Nutcracker is the red head of the Pierrot
Yomo is like "dafuq is he doing here"
This got me thinking, is Yomo surprised because Kaneki/Sasaki is there at that moment, or because he is alive at all? After all we know Touka believed that he would return, but Yomo perhaps had a much more grim outlook on the entire matter.

Kind of hope it is the latter rather than the former, since if it is the former than that means they left him to his fate (of being manipulated by the CCG) despite knowing he was alive. Another indication that they might have known that he was alive is that Sasaki's existence as Kaneki isn't exactly a secret anymore, if Ayato is already on to him, then others must be figuring it out also.
Old 2014-12-08, 23:38   Link #1256
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Not particularly, no notable errors. Imperialscans' tler has been improving somewhat, though I personally don't think the ambiguous cut sentences are not exactly their forte. (Not like it's easy to keep the ambiguity but still)

Also Uncle Yomo's face here makes a good reaction pic lol
thanks for the explanation.

one funny consideration, it is very sad the poor man thinking that "beautiful" woman is giving him pleasure, but actually are thinking of crushing balls, I feel solidarity because I am Brazilian, so I have played soccer, then at some point already took a kick in the testicles, but lucky for me, they are normal, but I can imagine the pain this poor man suffered.

:
Quote:
This got me thinking, is Yomo surprised because Kaneki/Sasaki is there at that moment, or because he is alive at all? After all we know Touka believed that he would return, but Yomo perhaps had a much more grim outlook on the entire matter.

Kind of hope it is the latter rather than the former, since if it is the former than that means they left him to his fate (of being manipulated by the CCG) despite knowing he was alive. Another indication that they might have known that he was alive is that Sasaki's existence as Kaneki isn't exactly a secret anymore, if Ayato is already on to him, then others must be figuring it out also.
we have to remember that Sasaki won the white wing prize for defeating/kill a powerful ghoul, perhaps this time Akira saw the true power from Sasaki, and investigators who do great things are known by ghouls, some ghoul may have seen Sasaki fight and spread the news, as well as in the first fight between Kaneki and Amon, many forget, but Sasaki is already investigator a few years, he did not start now.
Old 2014-12-08, 23:49   Link #1257
InfiniteDestiny

I hope though that the news of Kaneki being alive didn't spread to Touka and Yomo (till now obviously). After all if you think about it, the lines of reasoning as to why they would have left him alone aren't particularly favorable. The only two reasonable lines of thinking that I could come up with for them leaving him to his fate, are firstly that he was two heavily guarded as a member of the CCG (rather unlikely since they could get him alone one time or another, but then again we don't know how much Arima is keeping track of Kaneki), or secondly that they believed he was happy as a "human", which is bad in it's own way since that means even after all that time together they don't know him at all (it is clear as day that he is miserable).

As for other ghouls knowing, I wonder about the extent of that actually. Since the mere fact that Ayato is on to him indicates that others know...and yet you would think that those above Ayato would have already moved on this. After all Kanou wanted Kaneki badly, and who knows what Eto's thoughts on the matter were.
Old 2014-12-09, 00:13   Link #1258
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
As for other ghouls knowing, I wonder about the extent of that actually. Since the mere fact that Ayato is on to him indicates that others know...and yet you would think that those above Ayato would have already moved on this. After all Kanou wanted Kaneki badly, and who knows what Eto's thoughts on the matter were.
assuming that what I said before it happened, it would not be difficult some ghoul from Aogiri mixed in a crowd take a picture of Sasaki, take the top and they think, "But this investigator that can use kagune is the face of kaneki-kun ? "
Old 2014-12-09, 02:34   Link #1259
Raviel

The latest chapter was pretty nice, so apparently the Q's literally do have Quinque implanted in their bodies.

I'm starting to wonder though, just how many people know who Sasaki really is? Because at this point its starting to feel like the only ones who don't know are Sasaki himself and his own squad.

Also, I'm starting to think Akira actually requested to be posted as Sasaki's superior.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 14:22   Link #1260
Casarial

Check out this picture by NanFe, inspired by last chapter
http://nanfe.deviantart.com/art/thes...ings-499439422
Casarial is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy