AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-16, 08:17   Link #2081
theshade1

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to read this chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
And what would that path be?
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:40   Link #2082
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post

Probably Haise going apeshit and wrecking Seidou.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:45   Link #2083
theshade1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Probably Haise going apeshit and wrecking Seidou.
True, but then we'd at least get closer to Kaneki having more of an impact. Also, after reading last chapter, I thought
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2015-05-16, 09:33   Link #2084
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
^Depends on the view, I'll say. Both developments are possible, though the ones people would want probably is not the one happening in current chapter.

Can't get full scan preview, so I'll just go with text spoilers this time. Shorting it down since I'm writing out some other stuffs!

Spoiler:

Another long one week wait... At least we get rid of the Urie stuffs in one chapter, so next weeks should have better stuffs with 13 and Sassan's focus.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 12:33   Link #2085
Tenryu
天龍
*Artist

Finally she saved her precious onii-chan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a cliffhanger. I wonder will Hinami hand Kaneki to Touka or Aogiri?. But i don't think if Kaneki will want to leave CCG and his squad.
Old 2015-05-16, 14:10   Link #2086
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
^Depends on the view, I'll say. Both developments are possible, though the ones people would want probably is not the one happening in current chapter.

Can't get full scan preview, so I'll just go with text spoilers this time. Shorting it down since I'm writing out some other stuffs!

Spoiler:

Another long one week wait... At least we get rid of the Urie stuffs in one chapter, so next weeks should have better stuffs with 13 and Sassan's focus.
Spoiler for Urie x Tooru:
Old 2015-05-16, 14:51   Link #2087
Breimoon

Were you one of those anons joking about it being her period? Lol.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 15:22   Link #2088
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Were you one of those anons joking about it being her period? Lol.
>anons

No

>joking

I was dead serious from the start, lol
Old 2015-05-16, 17:46   Link #2089
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post

Sasaneki super sayajin/Kyuubi/Hollow etc.

but Sasaki really have no luck, all the most important of his fights so far in RE were against a ghoul rank S~ and SS, even the almighty invincible Shironeki had the most powerful opponent who managed to defeat (Yamori) was a rank S (I do not put Shonohara in the equation because who defeated him was the crazy Centipede)

then it is no wonder that the ignorant fans think that Sasaki is weak, even if they do not realize that Seidou is probably the most powerful ghoul he faced, perhaps even more than Sachi.

Urie... lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllll

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2015-05-16 at 18:01.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 17:56   Link #2090
WingsoftheDragonix

People just want Ken back without realizing that Ishida is doing this for a reason.

I honestly like what he's doing. After reading the spoiler, now I'm really looking forward to see what will happen next.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 18:08   Link #2091
LG-MAX 2.o

I do not understand is this complaint about Sasaki is losing the fight, Kaneki always lost more than won in this series.

the most powerful enemies Shironeki defeated was Yamori, Ayato (as a child) and Hirako, the rest were random,
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 00:14   Link #2092
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I do not understand is this complaint about Sasaki is losing the fight, Kaneki always lost more than won in this series.

the most powerful enemies Shironeki defeated was Yamori, Ayato (as a child) and Hirako, the rest were random,
the moment when kaneki accepted his ghoul side and his hair turned white and his fingernails turned black was the point where he transformed into the true badass that many fans(including me) want to see back. after accepting his ghoul side, only ghouls with at least a S or SS rating could actually be capable of fighting with him, and even then there were quite a few S or SS ranked ghouls that kaneki defeated with little effort or trouble. The way i remember it, kaneki has won at least as many fights as he had lost. the times he was defeated after getting his white hair are when he was against some of the strongest characters in the series, like arima or shachi, characters who can considered to be very OP. the other times he was defeated were when he was still a ghoul and fighting noob, against opponents who were better experienced and trained. i think people the reason why people are complaining about sasaki losing is because sasaki refuses to truly accept and embrace his ghoul side, which is the same as accepting kaneki. once kaneki takes control, saski/kaneki will let loose and wreck most opponents. that why sasaki had trouble with nishiki, and then proceeds to wreck nishiki once kaneki took control.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 00:36   Link #2093
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

So basically, Tokyo Ghoul was something like this:

Part before Kaneki is tortured into a badass, boring.
Part when Kaneki became a badass, awesome.
Part when Kaneki lost, boring.
Part when Kaneki became Haise, boring.
Part when Haise became Kaneki, awesome.
Part when Kaneki turned back into Haise, boring.
Part when it looks like Haise might turn back into Kaneki again, awesome.

Am I getting that right?
Old 2015-05-17, 01:29   Link #2094
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

Am I getting that right?
pretty much
but seriously, the way i see it, sasaki is a representation how kaneki was when he first got turned(i.e black haired kaneki), while of course kaneki represents the white haired badass. while sasaki is competent yet more gentle and kind hearted, kaneki is far more ruthless, cold, and sadistic. basically this is similar to the type of mc who is a kind, care free idiot most of the time, but then flips a switch and turns into a cold, ruthless badass when needed, and then switches back into a care free idiot again when the fight is done.(an example of this mc could be the mc from Rurouni kenshin) this instant switch from a gentle nice guy into the ruthless badass is what potentially makes the sasaki/kaneki concept so epic. that is what many fans want to see right now, for the gentle sasaki to turn into the ruthless kaneki.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 01:30   Link #2095
theshade1

I personally don't mind the current Haise-Kaneki thing. I just hope it doesn't drag on. It seems what the author is trying to do is give Haise enough of an identity so that when he regains his memory, the choice between CCG and ghoul would seem harder, cuz as of this moment, he'd prolly go back to ghoul side in an instant. This is also why, characters like Saiko, Shirazu etc are getting so much screentime.

On a final note, to me, Haises denial just seems way too melodramatic. I mean I get it, but I just don't like it.
Old 2015-05-17, 02:57   Link #2096
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
pretty much
but seriously, the way i see it, sasaki is a representation how kaneki was when he first got turned(i.e black haired kaneki), while of course kaneki represents the white haired badass. while sasaki is competent yet more gentle and kind hearted, kaneki is far more ruthless, cold, and sadistic. basically this is similar to the type of mc who is a kind, care free idiot most of the time, but then flips a switch and turns into a cold, ruthless badass when needed, and then switches back into a care free idiot again when the fight is done.(an example of this mc could be the mc from Rurouni kenshin) this instant switch from a gentle nice guy into the ruthless badass is what potentially makes the sasaki/kaneki concept so epic. that is what many fans want to see right now, for the gentle sasaki to turn into the ruthless kaneki.
To me Sasaki is the 2nd chance Kaneki got to learn how to achieve what he wants. White-haired Kaneki is basically his hardened self that gave into the world, or rather his acceptance of those inescapable realities and basically Yamori and Rieze's imprints on him. Even as his flawed self, Centipede, it wasn't enough to carry him through past Arima and it resulted in his breakdown, and that was end of the line for him.

Sasaki is a regression into his past self but with a opportunity to learn what he couldn't as a half-ghoul on the ghoul side. It might give him enough insight to carry on or it might just utterly tear him apart for perhaps the fourth time. The precarious edge Kaneki stands on throughout his experience certainly is something that creates enough tension for me to stay for the long run and see how it all works out for him.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 10:47   Link #2097
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Oh man. Little sister or mother figure. I can imagine Ishida laughing like a maniac when papa Mado killed Mama Fueguchi
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 10:52   Link #2098
DemonOfWrath

Personally I feel like it's a very, very delicate balance of exploring what differences Sasaki brings to the story without feeling too much like it's just repeating the first ~60 chapters of Kaneki, and for a lot of people the balance is a bit off and it gets harder to do right the longer this situation persists.

As for the strength of opponents comments, we saw what happened against Nishiki and the difference between Sasaki and Kaneki there. I don't think it can also be taken lightly that he was capable of holding his own well against Shachi, who personally I see as one of the strongest ghouls introduced in the series so far (I can only see clear arguments for Eto and Yoshimura being stronger for certain).

On a different note, am I the only one who keeps wanting to see more and more Saiko as the last few chapters have progressed? For one there's the mystery of what she did against Nutcracker, and she's proving herself to be brave as hell (as opposed to the initial impressions of her), I mean
Spoiler:
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 10:53   Link #2099
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

Am I getting that right?
It's all awesome. Of course, it's Kaneki...
Old 2015-05-17, 11:14   Link #2100
WingsoftheDragonix

This chapter was great and the next one will be even better.

Saiko was pretty brave to go there, for Sasaki. Another thing that I do like is the fact that she (Saiko) is watching the whole thing.
I wonder if Saiko will try to help him with his memories loss, after this mission ended.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy