AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-14, 08:17   Link #941
Molenir

After watching epi 18, it almost makes me want to cheer on Keita x Kotoko. Irie is such a jerk to her, with how he treats her, it would serve him right for her to leave her. I agree, that Irie really needs Kotoko. Her ability to love him, despite himself is what saves him. After watching episode 18, we all know whats coming next. And despite it all, I find myself still looking forward to it.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 08:31   Link #942
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
After watching epi 18, it almost makes me want to cheer on Keita x Kotoko. Irie is such a jerk to her,
I Will Second That ..That Baka Irie He Big Idiot Treating Her Like ...and When screamed at Her in The Cafeteria ..I Felt I Wanna Kill Him

I Really Really wanna See ep 19 now
Old 2008-08-14, 09:34   Link #943
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's gonna be obvious that people are going to fine Irie a jerk in episode 18, though you stop to think about how he's feeling? He's the guy who's never been able to full express his feelings, so of course he's just going to hide behind his cold "i don't care" attitude at times like these.

Saying that, i do really like Keita. He's a man in love, so i don't anything he's doing as being wrong. Either way this is brilliant drama --- the kind i'd expect from this show.
Old 2008-08-14, 11:31   Link #944
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's gonna be obvious that people are going to fine Irie a jerk in episode 18, though you stop to think about how he's feeling? He's the guy who's never been able to full express his feelings, so of course he's just going to hide behind his cold "i don't care" attitude at times like these.

Saying that, i do really like Keita. He's a man in love, so i don't anything he's doing as being wrong. Either way this is brilliant drama --- the kind i'd expect from this show.
I disagree, even if you are in love, you still need to take the other person's feelings into consideration, otherwise you don't really "love" them, you just lust after them. If he truely loved Kotoko he would simply make his interests known and try to convince her to end her relationship, THEN make a pass at her in that way. Trying to kiss someone who is passed out and married is pretty messed up, especially if you don't know how they feel about you, which he doesn't. If he truely "loved" her he would not put her in that kind of situation, and would be more respectful of her situation and needs, and not so selfish and lustful.

I honestly don't care what the situation, if you make a physical pass at someone who is married, you are the bad guy in my opinion unless that person has made it 100% clear that they are in the process of breaking off that relationship (IE told the other person as well) and they are going to be with you instead. If you truely love the other person, you will NOT want to put them in a situation where they have unneccessary heartache and drama, and make them do something that they will regret and feel pain about later. After all, if you really do love someone you want to make it so they AVOID painful situations, not put them directly into one. That kind of selfish lust and desire and willingness to put the person you supposedly care about in harms way I could never call "love".
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 11:39   Link #945
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

See i just don't think people are taking into consideration the type of person Irie is. He's never done anything like that before, and probably doesn't even know how to. He's acting the only way he knows how too.

Love comes in a lot of forms, so i can't blame you for not accepting what Keita is doing. I'll accept it because i can understand his situation and what he's going through. It is wrong to do what he's doing, though he's in love and he is not going to stop.
Old 2008-08-14, 11:59   Link #946
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
cute Kotoko-chan
Especially this scene was greate, I made this one and if someone doesen't like all three poses I split them up into thre Avatars.
Can I claim this cute avatar ? Kotoko at her best
Old 2008-08-14, 12:05   Link #947
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Sure you can and thanks for asking first.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 12:07   Link #948
Ultenth

Quote:
See i just don't think people are taking into consideration the type of person Irie is. He's never done anything like that before, and probably doesn't even know how to. He's acting the only way he knows how too.

Love comes in a lot of forms, so i can't blame you for not accepting what Keita is doing. I'll accept it because i can understand his situation and what he's going through. It is wrong to do what he's doing, though he's in love and he is not going to stop.
I agree about the Irie comment, as someone else stated, he is in many ways emotionally retarded, and not familiar with how to deal with this situations. As for Keita, I do understand his situation and feelings, almost everyone in this world has at some point been in love with someone who is "taken". The problem is (especially now a days), and a major reason relationships and marriages are so screwed up now a days, is that people are too selfish when it comes to dealing with those situations. I'm not saying that millions of people haven't done what Keita is doing and has done and will want to do in the future. I'm just saying that just because tons of people now act that way doesn't make it right, it just makes it explainable.

And the definition of love I think has gotten warped too, and people now just take "loving" someone as a desire to be with them and have them belong to you instead of anyone else. The true definition of love as I always understood it growing up is when you care about someone enough to always want to be with them, but you put their needs and happiness about your own, and act in a manner that reflects that. Keita is not acting in that manner, so to me he is simply crushing on her and wanting her to belong to him, he's not truely in "love" with her. He doesn't know her well enough yet or act selflessly about wanting to be with her, he simply just wants to be with her and "rescue" her from the evil Irie, without taking into consideration her feelings at times.

I also understand fully the inevitability of love, and that you can't control who you do love and once you do care for someone you'll try to be with them, but there is also a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it in my mind. People are just too lazy and impatient and selfish anymore to go about it the right way now a days, and instead put the people they supposedly love in situations where they could be emotionally hurt. For example, for whatever reason, Kotoko does love Irie, and Keita does know this, but he is still putting her in a situation where she could really really hurt him, which would in turn hurt her. If you truely want to be with someone, and actually love them instead of just lust after them, you would be willing to simply tell them your feelings, and then explain why they should be with you. After that if you really love them you put their happiness above your own and you would be willing to wait until they are out of the relationship before making passes at them, otherwise you put them in a situation where they will be hurt and feel regret and guilt.

I know it's a bit of an idealist way to look at it, and in reality most people are just too damn selfish and impatient really do that, which is why people cheat on each other constantly now. But in my opinion there are very few things you can do that come close to the emotional pain inflicted on someone when you cheat on them, so I don't understand why you would want to put someone you love in a situation where they have to feel the guilt of doing that to someone else that they at least at one point loved. So I guess I don't get why everyone is making Keita out to be a white knight coming to save her, because he's doing things that aren't in her emotional best interests and could really make her suffer down the road. Just because his motives are more pure than the lady in Hawaii that hit on Irie doesn't make his actions any more justifiable.
Old 2008-08-14, 12:22   Link #949
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
You know what? I strongly disagree

ep 19
Spoiler:
Forgive him for wanting Kotoko to be more independent, decisive, and confident in herself.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:17   Link #950
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
As for Keita, I do understand his situation and feelings, almost everyone in this world has at some point been in love with someone who is "taken". The problem is (especially now a days), and a major reason relationships and marriages are so screwed up now a days, is that people are too selfish when it comes to dealing with those situations. I'm not saying that millions of people haven't done what Keita is doing and has done and will want to do in the future. I'm just saying that just because tons of people now act that way doesn't make it right, it just makes it explainable.
I get what you're saying, though i don't see what's bad about someone taking it upon themselves to try to achieve the person that they love. It doesn't make it anymore right when said person is going after someone who's already taken or married, but at the end of the day what's driving them is their own passion and feelings towards that person. Those are the type of feelings you just can't turn out. Not to mention how you'd regret not doing anything later on in life.

Of course respect should be given to the person who's taken/married, but the situation that Keita is in right now is rather different. He sees Kotoko in a one sided relationship, and it's a bit bad of him to only have that in mind and not consider her feelings in all of this. In his mind he believes he's the only one that can make Kotoko happy --- that's whats driving him to do all this.

I really can't go against everything else you said about the concept of 'love' these days, though i just hope that won't last for the people doing that.

Heh, what a conversation. & here i am today reading Hatsukoi Limited.
Old 2008-08-14, 13:20   Link #951
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

I think Irie need to swallow his pride. But then again, his attitude makes those rare occasions when he does treat kotoko good - more meaningfull.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 13:29   Link #952
Omfgbbqwtf

Each episode just keeps getting better and better. I thought they did a wonderful job with transition from the END of the episode to the ED. I bet the next episode will be even better and will probably end with Irie confronting with Keita or something.
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 13:32   Link #953
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Forgive him for wanting Kotoko to be more independent, decisive, and confident in herself.
I do kinda see this point.
it's just "irie's" way of showing his emotions, altho it is nice to see him be jealous. because we can all admit he was a lil cold in ep 18
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 14:23   Link #954
Ultenth

Quote:
He sees Kotoko in a one sided relationship, and it's a bit bad of him to only have that in mind and not consider her feelings in all of this. In his mind he believes he's the only one that can make Kotoko happy --- that's whats driving him to do all this.
Oh I definitely agree with that, but also remember that most of those events that would lead him to truely believe that occured AFTER he attempted to kiss her while she was passed out. All I'm trying to say is that he's being made out to be some shining white knight, but he's really just a decent guy, who really likes her and wants to be with her. And if anything it's the way that he's trying to steal Kotoko away that is making Irie so confused and jealous and making him act the way he is, which is compounding the situation. I mean I guess good for him if that was his plan, but he's the main reason Irie has seemed to be especially rude towards Kotoko lately. Which means that in a way, though not directly, he's actually helping CAUSE Kotoko's pain due to Irie's recent treatment of her.

For someone as closed off and unfamiliar with emotions as Irie, having to deal with someone trying to steal his wife, who he really does love, I can understand how he would be angry and lash out at those around him, because he doesn't really know what else to do. Especially since Kotoko hangs out with him so much and does seem to think he's a good guy. Imagine how you, even if you have more experience with the situation and are better with emotions than him, would react to a similar situation.

Keita isn't wrong for making a play for her, don't get me wrong, if you love someone and think you can really make them happy then don't let anything stop you. It's not his feelings and his wish to be with her I take issue with, but I just think he's going about it the wrong way, and is being a bit selfish about the whole thing. I just seemed to see a lot of "kill Irie" posts lately, so I just thought I'd try to balance out the convo a bit.
Old 2008-08-14, 14:28   Link #955
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

on the lighter side, keita is so nice and decent, even mama is falling for him, lol

o one more thing, i notice that yuuki is the only one affected by the time skips, he really looks like that he has grown up.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 16:42   Link #956
SkoolRumble4Ya

I can't wait to see some drama next week. It was a good episode showing how jealous Irie is. I was hoping to see Irie punch him Keita for almost kissing Kotoko. I can't believe Irie is treating her like that especially in front of everyone in the cafeteria. Irie is truly a cold hearted bastard.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 17:09   Link #957
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Oh I definitely agree with that, but also remember that most of those events that would lead him to truely believe that occured AFTER he attempted to kiss her while she was passed out. All I'm trying to say is that he's being made out to be some shining white knight, but he's really just a decent guy, who really likes her and wants to be with her. And if anything it's the way that he's trying to steal Kotoko away that is making Irie so confused and jealous and making him act the way he is, which is compounding the situation. I mean I guess good for him if that was his plan, but he's the main reason Irie has seemed to be especially rude towards Kotoko lately. Which means that in a way, though not directly, he's actually helping CAUSE Kotoko's pain due to Irie's recent treatment of her.
Indeed you're correct, though at first it was Irie who taken a little notice at how much attention Keita was paying to Kotoko, even though at the start Keita wasn't showing any kind of affection towards her. At least that goes to show how much attention he's paying towards this matter.

Quote:
For someone as closed off and unfamiliar with emotions as Irie, having to deal with someone trying to steal his wife, who he really does love, I can understand how he would be angry and lash out at those around him, because he doesn't really know what else to do. Especially since Kotoko hangs out with him so much and does seem to think he's a good guy. Imagine how you, even if you have more experience with the situation and are better with emotions than him, would react to a similar situation.
After watching the latest episode this afternoon, my first thought was that i have to go defend Irie in this thread, because i knew there was going to be people bashing the hell out of his actions. I've been saying since this series started (and a few times today) that he's a man who doesn't fully know how to express his feelings, that's why i knew something like this was going to happen in the story. It's brilliant drama for a couple such as Irie and Kotoko. It'll also be the part in the story that should change Irie for the better, whatever the outcome will be.

Quote:
It's not his feelings and his wish to be with her I take issue with, but I just think he's going about it the wrong way, and is being a bit selfish about the whole thing. I just seemed to see a lot of "kill Irie" posts lately, so I just thought I'd try to balance out the convo a bit.
Yeah i can also agree with that. It's pretty obvious he believes that Irie has no real feelings for Kotoko, and who'd blame him after Irie's actions in this one episode. It's the fact that he'll eventually have Kotoko believing the same thing.
Old 2008-08-14, 17:44   Link #958
Molenir

Quote:
I agree with your assertion about Keita. He isn't a "white knight", but rather just as you say, a decent guy who fell in love with a married woman. A married woman whose husband treats her like crap. I disagree strongly though with your second point, that its somehow his fault that Irie is acting the way he is. These guys are all adults. At some point, you have to man up, and take responsibility for your actions, right or wrong. Irie is no different. He can be jealous that Kotoko is spending time with Keita, however his actions are not Keitas fault, but rather his fault. You can make the claim that they play a part, that its part of the motivation behind it. But Keita didn't force Irie to treat Kotoko the way he does. Instead, he called him on it. And when asked, freely admitted that yes, he liked her.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 20:03   Link #959
MikiMata

Man, just when I was starting to like Irie slightly better, this episode happens. I know Irie is supposed to be clueless in matters of the heart, but there's no escaping the fact that he's just a horrible husband. His treatment of Kotoko verges on emotional abuse. It is interesting to see how he's much more jealous of Keita than he was of Kin. Unlike Kin, Keita is an attractive, intelligent guy with appeal to the opposite sex, and you could see that Irie picked up on this and was threatened by it from the start.

It would be unrealistic for Irie to change overnight, I know, but I really hope his character starts showing some development soon. Since we all know Keita has no real chance with Kotoko, maybe that's the purpose of this whole subplot?

Plus
Spoiler:

I can only hope Kotoko gives Irie a version of his own little speech a couple of episodes ago, and tells him to grow up and accept that she, as a working woman, will be spending time with men other than him.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 20:41   Link #960
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well on the lighthearted side did find the Mother's investigation funny . Heck with the way he took care of her even she couldn't dislike the guy. Too bad the guy is walking down a path where he won't be happy, but that's how it goes for some.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo