AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 16:03   Link #1061
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah you are right Kotoko shouldn't throw things at him but he did not need to slap her because it was his fault for treating her like an idiot.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 16:54   Link #1062
Ultenth

No, no buts, no excuses, she shouldn't throw things, period. Nothing else needs to be said, that's the point I'm trying to make. He did wrong things, yes, but the point I'm trying to make is that there is no excuse for things like throwing or hitting people. There was no excuse for him hitting her, and there is no excuse for her throwing things. End of story.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 00:32   Link #1063
ad454

Identity of Mystery Person?
Spoiler:
ad454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 00:39   Link #1064
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I just can't shake it.. but Motoki still gives me the shivers...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 00:56   Link #1065
Omfgbbqwtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad454 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Mystery Person:
Omfgbbqwtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 01:13   Link #1066
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
ep 20 was BAWWWWWW
Irie did act alot better as a man at least and is showing his feelings more.....at least to himself
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 01:50   Link #1067
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

they still dont have their first child yet?

btw, everyone looks the same after all those years except for the characters who are originally kids
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 02:14   Link #1068
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Isn't it about time Kotoko start calling Irie by his first name? Its just extremely odd after so many years of marriage that she refers to him by his last name...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 06:47   Link #1069
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Isn't it about time Kotoko start calling Irie by his first name? Its just extremely odd after so many years of marriage that she refers to him by his last name...
That's exactly what I have been thinking from about... episode 15

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 07:41   Link #1070
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Maybe he is a pervert and likes her calling him this way

Anyways nice ep, he is still cold but it seems that he is learning his lesson ....
But the Mysterie Person wasn't as mysterious for me as for ad454
I did not know who he was at first but I had a idea about it and after checking the names I knew it for sure.

Huh 4 years in one ep, she is still clumys as ever but she has got her friends and the man she loves + some new chars that seem to be funny.... I wish this show has 4x episodes there is so many space for storylines ... still she did not kill one of her patients, lucky.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 09:09   Link #1071
Molenir

Quote:
No, no buts, no excuses, she shouldn't throw things, period. Nothing else needs to be said, that's the point I'm trying to make. He did wrong things, yes, but the point I'm trying to make is that there is no excuse for things like throwing or hitting people. There was no excuse for him hitting her, and there is no excuse for her throwing things. End of story.
Actually, thats not the case. You are saying, she shouldn't throw stuff, bam, end of story, when thats only the tip of the iceberg. Ask yourself this, are there ever times when throwing things is an acceptable outlet? Say what you will, but I think there are. And considering the emotional abuse that Kotoko has been through, I'm sorry, but I think her snapping there was extremely reasonable. Throwing books, not a good thing perhaps, but Naoki wasn't hurt. And even if he had been, perhaps he would have understood a little of the pain he had been causing her.

Double standard. Sure, I said it before too. No, violence by a woman shouldn't really be excused, but its very different when a girl hits a guy then when a guy hits a girl. The damage potential alone makes it that way. I don't see why you insist on criticizing Kotoko so much here. Naoki is the one who is the abuser. Both emotional, and after slapping her, physical. I guess if you're looking for a challenge though, defending him is definitely a good one.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 10:29   Link #1072
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It's more like a nickname then calling him by his surname for Kotoko.
Old 2008-08-27, 11:35   Link #1073
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I did really forget it ...
The end scene, the tv in the background, for all who doesn't know it, that is the Music Video to the previous end theme.
That they took this for the TV Programm was awesome.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 11:42   Link #1074
Molenir

So after episode 20, how many years have they been married now? 6 years or more? Still no kids? Isn't it about time? I know they're both working professionals, but its time for a couple little Iries, and Irie Mamma must be wanting a couple grandkids too.

The other thing I'm hoping for, is to see how the little brother has grown up.
Old 2008-08-27, 11:53   Link #1075
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

The show is loosing it's touch for me. Ep20 though sweet. Fact still remains that Irie is a stupid mofo who can't show his own damn feelings on his own wife in public even though they have been married for like more than 4 years. Irie is just lacking in everything when it comes to romance and I'm enduring it for 20 episodes when will he ever behave like a man in love god dammit?. I don't know if Kotoko is blind or is just lying to herself when it comes to Irie i mean look at how they sleep together. Irie is not a caring person and after 4 years? Him changing into lovey dovey i love you kotoko i wanna kiss to death mode will make me go WTF is he on drugs or something. Kotoko want's attention from Irie. Yet she doesn't get it. That's why those "little" yet for some reason "timely and memorable" things Irie does to her makes her so happy. And I pity her for that. Is her happiness really that low?
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 11:55   Link #1076
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad454 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-27, 12:04   Link #1077
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Actually, thats not the case. You are saying, she shouldn't throw stuff, bam, end of story, when thats only the tip of the iceberg. Ask yourself this, are there ever times when throwing things is an acceptable outlet? Say what you will, but I think there are. And considering the emotional abuse that Kotoko has been through, I'm sorry, but I think her snapping there was extremely reasonable. Throwing books, not a good thing perhaps, but Naoki wasn't hurt. And even if he had been, perhaps he would have understood a little of the pain he had been causing her.

Double standard. Sure, I said it before too. No, violence by a woman shouldn't really be excused, but its very different when a girl hits a guy then when a guy hits a girl. The damage potential alone makes it that way. I don't see why you insist on criticizing Kotoko so much here. Naoki is the one who is the abuser. Both emotional, and after slapping her, physical. I guess if you're looking for a challenge though, defending him is definitely a good one.
I'm not criticizing Kotoko, I'm criticizing her actions, big difference. And I'm sorry, I know at least 3 people personally that have been permanently injured by people throwing stuff, and more that I've heard of 2nd hand. So I just can't agree on this issue with you it seems. If you're going to say it's okay to throw stuff sometimes, then where do you draw the line? Personally I think any kind of act that has the potential to bring possible permanent harm to someone you supposedly care about is completely wrong, no matter how slim the chance is. Getting upset because you're not being treated right is fine, reacting with violence is never fine.

Again, I'm taking more issue with the act she choose to take, than anything to do with her personally. Throwing things at people can injure them, if you love someone you shouldn't want to injure them, so, don't throw things at people. If it's okay to throw things at people and potentially injure them, then by extension I guess anything is fair game. Throwing things at people is portrayed too often as an okay outlet for anger in media, and is something I have a big problem with.
Old 2008-08-27, 12:18   Link #1078
Molenir

So basically you're saying that since you know "somebody" who happened to be injured by a girl who threw things, that we should all accept your point of view on this issue? That throwing things is a bad thing. Ok, so is running with scissors, having a toothpick in your mouth while driving and a million other things. When it comes right down to it, the fact is, that Naoki wasn't injured, and Kotoko showed that there is a limit to what she will put up with. I don't rate this as being a bad thing at all, despite your objections.

Years have passed since that incident, and they're still having problems, but apparently they're working them through.
Old 2008-08-27, 12:24   Link #1079
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
The show is loosing it's touch for me. Ep20 though sweet. Fact still remains that Irie is a stupid mofo who can't show his own damn feelings on his own wife in public even though they have been married for like more than 4 years. Irie is just lacking in everything when it comes to romance and I'm enduring it for 20 episodes when will he ever behave like a man in love god dammit?. I don't know if Kotoko is blind or is just lying to herself when it comes to Irie i mean look at how they sleep together. Irie is not a caring person and after 4 years? Him changing into lovey dovey i love you kotoko i wanna kiss to death mode will make me go WTF is he on drugs or something. Kotoko want's attention from Irie. Yet she doesn't get it. That's why those "little" yet for some reason "timely and memorable" things Irie does to her makes her so happy. And I pity her for that. Is her happiness really that low?
HAHA...

My thoughts exactly

This is why I find that now, Kin > Irie on so many levels even without showing much on screen. At least the guy "grows" and "matures". These people aren't young anymore, and it is time that they settle down and become more stable adults.

As for Kotoko, she is a slave of her own love. I still can't see why she loves Irie so much though. Just which part of his is attractive? Personality > looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Spoiler:
I didn't want to check but I did...Proof that Kotoko is an immortal that hasn't changed all these years even when a "brat" does

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 12:24   Link #1080
Ultenth

No, I know 3 people personally, one friend, my brother, and a co-worker. Not only is it potentially harmful, but it only serves to escalate situations in real life, and it never actually does anything good to help a relationship. In real life all throwing things does is make it more likely to escalate the level of conflict, and make you more likely to throw things next time too. As a wake up call to your partner, it's a horrible option, and there are far better ones that could be used. She could have done the arguement exactly the same without the throwing of objects, and instead simply yelled at him, and it would have turned out similarly but without a chance to harm someone she loves.

But it seems we're just going to have to agree to disagree, you are fine with some level of violence in a relationship, and I am not, and I guess we move on.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo