Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-29, 15:59   Link #1
Makkusu
Redeye Ninja

Anime about drugs

Is there any anime that involves drugs at all? I'm talking about real life drugs, not made up fantasy world ones.

I just realised I'd never come across such an anime, it would be an interesting watch I think, would be interesting to see how they make out drug experiences with all the drawings and colour.

Anything of that sort you guys know of?

Thanks.
Old 2008-08-29, 16:53   Link #2
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

if you're willing to do manga and light novels you'll find some good stuf, but I doubt you'll find ANY drug user in anime. Just doesn't fly well with Japanese television. You'll find some shows with an episode involving drugs perhaps, and even then likely comedy, but no whole show.
Old 2008-08-29, 17:23   Link #3
Makkusu
Redeye Ninja

Cool, yea I thought it could be because it doesn't go down well in Japanese culture.

If I was a good anime director/maker type person, I would definitely make one aimed at the western audience, I think it'd be really successful since it seems the only one.
Old 2008-08-29, 17:32   Link #4
iamaphoenix

Location: middle o' New York (hate the city, im in mid state)
The only show that i could think that has A LOT of drug use in it is Welcome to the NHK but other than that i cannot think of anything that i have seen where drugs are included. Note Welcome to the NHK is not about drugs but a lot of drug use alters the way that the show ends up, if that helps any
Old 2008-08-29, 17:48   Link #5
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaphoenix View Post
The only show that i could think that has A LOT of drug use in it is Welcome to the NHK but other than that i cannot think of anything that i have seen where drugs are included. Note Welcome to the NHK is not about drugs but a lot of drug use alters the way that the show ends up, if that helps any
there are actually no drugs mentioned in the NHK anime, except the medical kind which one girl is hoarding. The novel, however, has rampant drug use.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:47   Link #6
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Nah, that guy in episode two of Lain + Accela.
Old 2008-08-29, 18:49   Link #7
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Nah, that guy in episode two of Lain + Accela.
if we're talking single episodes, there's an episode of Niea_7 where some of the characters accidentally get really high (odd since both shows are ABe and since he did the art for the aforementioned NHK it really ties the circle together.)
Old 2008-08-30, 13:33   Link #8
Omfgbbqwtf

Nana is an anime that involves drugs (very little). The second season will have a lot more drug involvement though, but you have to wait until the manga finishes, or you can just read the manga.
Old 2008-08-30, 14:36   Link #9
iamaphoenix

Location: middle o' New York (hate the city, im in mid state)
thank you for the correction deus ex, i read the manga before i watched the show and i swore that there were drugs in the show, but i guess i was wrong, especially after i rewatched a couple of em, yes you are indeed right. Sorry for the messup Makkusu
Old 2008-08-31, 13:39   Link #10
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

Serial Experiments Lain has some good drug experience, with some dudes taking drugs and various other things happening. Even though this anime is more about the world of computers and stuff, it has some drugs ^.^

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-09-02, 08:37   Link #11
Purple Madness
Get Your Ass to Mars!!

Like previously mentioned Welcome to the NHK touches the drugs subject, but doesn't really go into it...well the anime version. In the manga drugs are mentioned alot(at least more than the anime counterpart).
Old 2008-09-04, 03:26   Link #12
james0246

The anime and manga of Akira has rampant drug use by nearly every younger character.
Old 2008-10-08, 22:17   Link #13
Tier3

Akira. Classic. Any anime-fan should watch this.
Closed Thread