AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 11 18.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 10.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 42.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-27, 11:30   Link #81
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I wonder why Zuellni is the cuttest haikizoku Grendan and the goat are animals .
I see more Leerin with Layfon , they make a good couple ^^
Zuellni is an electronic fairy, not an haikizoku.
The term haikizoku specifically indicates an electronic fairy who lost his city to protect, so he goes berserk.
Old 2009-04-27, 11:45   Link #82
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Also, Felli's crossing the borderline to jealousy abuse. Before, she kicked stuff out of sight of Layfon when she was jealous, like the pole.
If you noticed. . the pole was bent. If Felli would fight in platoon fight, her kicks should be one of their special move *runs

The ending song is beautiful. Err, the one who sing the boy's voice is Layfon's seiyuu right ? I really like at how Meishen sing it like that. It's just soothing and really touch my heart.

And Nina. . well, she's reckless. But oh well, considering that she's only has 3 person to fight in, it's pretty hard to do things like that. And Vanze is a veteran, so I think it's pretty acceptable. . >.>

From what I've seen, grouping her with the others might make her more disadvantageous to win. Fighting head on would make it 3 vs 5, and not to mention that they can get surrounded easily if Vanze could predict it. Surrounded with a group of 2 in-fighter and 1 sniper is not fun.

Old 2009-04-27, 12:09   Link #83
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah...I think Nina did almost the best thing she could do. He has a nen-i user a sniper and shock trooper in her team. Sharnid not so usefull without a good sniping point and he's the best cooperating with Darsheena. The enemy has the upper hand because they're deffending and they have greater numbers(and probably more experienced fighters...perhaps that's what Nina tends to forget.)
We tend to treat Nina as weak but that's the opposite. Everyone we compare her are ridiculously strong. We have 6th grader top fighter(Vanze, probably the second strongest student after Layfon), a prodigial 5th grader loli(Shante), a 5th grader from Grendan and the little brother of a HB reciever(Gorneo), a 4th grader on Kei enchanter drugs(Sheena), and a badass 1st grader ex-HB reciever Layfon.
And what's Nina? A talented 3th grader military artist who ran away from home(and cancelled her military arts training there and learnt a new way of fighting at Zuellni).
Really...too much anime tends to make the people forget the age of characters. Everyone she fought against and loose had much more experience and time to train than her. We always hope the unexpected from her...but CSR tries to stay at the limits stated by it's own world.Nina has nothing special except her willpower.(Electronic Fairly communication and "dimmension travell" don't count as special in battle situations)
About the episode altogether:
It's surprisingly less action packed than i expected. Well...i seriously hoped for a little Nina badassery(despite what i stated).
I have a feeling that the masked person actually a HB reciever(he's similar to the fully armored dude from the HB pictures).
Meishen gains points at Layfon again and Felli behaves more and more openly(And Nina got some sense of reality on the hard way again).
Old 2009-04-27, 12:39   Link #84
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Also, Felli's crossing the borderline to jealousy abuse. Before, she kicked stuff out of sight of Layfon when she was jealous, like the pole. Now she's directly kicking stuff while jealous in front of him like the bed. (with him in it >_<) Next up, borrowing from Big Bro's playbook and kidnapping!
Actually the opposite. You are forgetting that Felli used to kick Layfon directly. The last time she kicked someone was the swimsuit episode then she kicked her big brother so hard that his leg broke. Besides Layfon need to be reminded from time to time.

Shall I try to say something nice about Nina. She is less annoying then before. The price for her mistakes is payed faster and she just look overconfident as opposed to rubbing it in. Nina couldn't do much more after platoon 1 predicted her plan only 3 fighters. A good leader have a plan B though.

Shena anger is understandable and completely true. Someone need to speak up then Nina mes up and it might as well be her. To often have the other keep quiet, done nothing or ignored Nina. I'm will to wait how Shena behaves in the platoon.

I relay hope that Layfon didn't actually ask only Nina to join him on the mission (Asking the entire platoon is OK but not only Nina). That sure would make Felli angry since Felli probably wouldn't be needed if the mercenary tracer is as good as they said he was.

Last edited by panpo98; 2009-04-27 at 12:51.
Old 2009-04-27, 13:04   Link #85
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I think Layfon speaks with Nina about the results of the match and that he's going to hunt FM(And she must inform the other platoon members about it). Plus the Electronic Fairly incident...he'll talks her about Zuellni's rampage and to solve it somehow(Nina can talk with the fairies). I highly doubt that Nina'll join the fight. The salivanian mercs have leadership, intelligence data, and power on their side enough. There's no need for any other fighter.
Old 2009-04-27, 13:04   Link #86
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpo98 View Post
I relay hope that Layfon didn't actually ask only Nina to join him on the mission (Asking the entire platoon is OK but not only Nina). That sure would make Felli angry since Felli probably wouldn't be needed if the mercenary tracer is as good as they said he was.
Layfon probably asked Nina to check on Electronic Fairy Zuellni. Nina is close with the fairy (Maybe closer to Zuellni than anyone in the entire city.) so it makes perfect sense. I don't think it was actual combat that Nina was called in for.
Old 2009-04-27, 14:12   Link #87
noxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Yeah...I think Nina did almost the best thing she could do. He has a nen-i user a sniper and shock trooper in her team. Sharnid not so usefull without a good sniping point and he's the best cooperating with Darsheena. The enemy has the upper hand because they're deffending and they have greater numbers(and probably more experienced fighters...perhaps that's what Nina tends to forget.)
We tend to treat Nina as weak but that's the opposite. Everyone we compare her are ridiculously strong. We have 6th grader top fighter(Vanze, probably the second strongest student after Layfon), a prodigial 5th grader loli(Shante), a 5th grader from Grendan and the little brother of a HB reciever(Gorneo), a 4th grader on Kei enchanter drugs(Sheena), and a badass 1st grader ex-HB reciever Layfon.
And what's Nina? A talented 3th grader military artist who ran away from home(and cancelled her military arts training there and learnt a new way of fighting at Zuellni).
Really...too much anime tends to make the people forget the age of characters. Everyone she fought against and loose had much more experience and time to train than her. We always hope the unexpected from her...but CSR tries to stay at the limits stated by it's own world.Nina has nothing special except her willpower.(Electronic Fairly communication and "dimmension travell" don't count as special in battle situations)
About the episode altogether:
It's surprisingly less action packed than i expected. Well...i seriously hoped for a little Nina badassery(despite what i stated).
I have a feeling that the masked person actually a HB reciever(he's similar to the fully armored dude from the HB pictures).
Meishen gains points at Layfon again and Felli behaves more and more openly(And Nina got some sense of reality on the hard way again).
you forget sharnid has his gun-fu which seems to be more than effective in close combat against anyone other than probably Layfon so far (who knows bout mr. squad 1 captain)
as the shocktrooper, Darshena is probably MORE suited to being the one alone breaking through enemy lines while the others clean up.

Fact is, regardless of how much you like or dislike her character, Nina's "i'll be the lone decoy" plan is a bad strategy no matter how you look at it.

She's basically like the flag, she gets taken out, instant lose.
Yes, she's a flag with a built in defensive mechanism. and yes, its small squad tactics which means you can't shove her in a bunker and just tell her to stay there (limited manpower means she has to fight like everyone else)
but it doesn't change the fact that from a tactical stand point, sticking you flag out there with no hope of receiving any back-up is a stupid plan. Nina's the LAST person who should be isolated on the battlefield on her own.

i think ppl are being overly harsh on Darshena. She held up her end, she's used to being on one of the top squads. her first day with the new team and they lose because the captain gets herself ganked. are you really honestly claiming you all wouldn't feel her exact same frustration? i saw more than a few lockers kicked in back in high school that say otherwise. the litmus test will be how does she behave post-venting. but venting on a locker is rather harmless imo, versus other things or people she could potentially have been venting at.
Old 2009-04-27, 14:47   Link #88
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxian View Post
you forget sharnid has his gun-fu which seems to be more than effective in close combat against anyone other than probably Layfon so far (who knows bout mr. squad 1 captain)
as the shocktrooper, Darshena is probably MORE suited to being the one alone breaking through enemy lines while the others clean up.

Fact is, regardless of how much you like or dislike her character, Nina's "i'll be the lone decoy" plan is a bad strategy no matter how you look at it.

She's basically like the flag, she gets taken out, instant lose.
Yes, she's a flag with a built in defensive mechanism. and yes, its small squad tactics which means you can't shove her in a bunker and just tell her to stay there (limited manpower means she has to fight like everyone else)
but it doesn't change the fact that from a tactical stand point, sticking you flag out there with no hope of receiving any back-up is a stupid plan. Nina's the LAST person who should be isolated on the battlefield on her own.

i think ppl are being overly harsh on Darshena. She held up her end, she's used to being on one of the top squads. her first day with the new team and they lose because the captain gets herself ganked. are you really honestly claiming you all wouldn't feel her exact same frustration? i saw more than a few lockers kicked in back in high school that say otherwise. the litmus test will be how does she behave post-venting. but venting on a locker is rather harmless imo, versus other things or people she could potentially have been venting at.
But i think they had even less chance if they're just stick togewther(i mean all 3 of them). The other platoon have at least twice as many members with actually pretty good experience, so it's even more hopeless. If they're sending out Darsheena alone...then they hardly give a damn about her and just they use one or two members to slow her down. Sharnid and Darsheena are the best together. I think there's only little faults in Nina's plan. Well...she could have retreated and drawed out the main force but it's Nina we're talking about. Sly tactics rarely occours in her palette.
Well...I can't blame Darsheena for being angered too.Losing without you doing anything wrong is...very frustrating.
Old 2009-04-27, 15:21   Link #89
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
But i think they had even less chance if they're just stick togewther(i mean all 3 of them). The other platoon have at least twice as many members with actually pretty good experience, so it's even more hopeless. If they're sending out Darsheena alone...then they hardly give a damn about her and just they use one or two members to slow her down. Sharnid and Darsheena are the best together. I think there's only little faults in Nina's plan. Well...she could have retreated and drawed out the main force but it's Nina we're talking about. Sly tactics rarely occours in her palette.
Well...I can't blame Darsheena for being angered too.Losing without you doing anything wrong is...very frustrating.
Watch Ayako subs 13:05 and the individual fights again, platoon 01 has 5 people, while platoon 17 has 4. As far as I know, 4*2=8. Nina is able to take out 2 of them alone, while Sharnid and Darsheena took out two as well. The only one who seems to be clearly above platoon 17 level is Vance, as proven since Nina had no chance in their fight.

If platoon 17 can avoid Vance as good as possible while being able to deal with the remaining 4 members, then the odds are clearly in favor of platoon 17!

Saying that Nina tried her best might be true, but no matter how you look at it, her plan was not only suicidal but a doomed failure as well. Facing the strongest opponent head on while you are basically a walking flag is idiotic. Nina is obviously overestimating her abilities and thus leading her team to loosing.

For me that is a clear sign that Nina isnt fit to be a leader.
Old 2009-04-27, 19:17   Link #90
DavidLin

Quote:
I believe the source of the queen's power lies within the Haikizoku. Savaris was saying how the power of the Haikizoku is just like the Queen's.

Seems like Nina's gonna confront Zuellni next episode.

Nina: Zuellni what's going on? Why are you causing all these disasters? Layfon got hurt you know!
Zuellni: I didn't mean to hurt him! I was just trying to get rid of that girl that was trying to pick him up!
Nina: What!? Mei?
Zuellni: Merge with me Nina and together you, me, and Goat-san can have Layfon all to ourselves!
Nina: ****ing Electric Fairy puberty...

Also, Felli's crossing the borderline to jealousy abuse. Before, she kicked stuff out of sight of Layfon when she was jealous, like the pole. Now she's directly kicking stuff while jealous in front of him like the bed. (with him in it >_<) Next up, borrowing from Big Bro's playbook and kidnapping!
lol u made my day
Old 2009-04-27, 19:26   Link #91
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Eh? I think it's quite clear that Nina isn't really the epitome of a great captain yet, you don't become that overnight, in fact, you don't become that in course of a few months either. It's obvious enough that the series is pushing Nina to change (exactly change in what ways I can't tell for now though), and if the creator knows how to tell a good story what it's doing, then she will, so you guys, don't get your panties in a twist.
Old 2009-04-27, 19:52   Link #92
ani_d

I still need to watch the subs but all in all, this episode was okay for me. It sucks that Nina was the reason they lost despite her hard work, and seeing a complacent reaction from her makes me sympathize with her even more. If she's able to catch the haikizoku (sp) next episode, that should be a good chance to get some power up.
Old 2009-04-27, 20:08   Link #93
giorno

Quote:
no, it's not him, and no, it's not an HB receiver. "it" s the salinvan mercenary group's nen-i user, end of the story[for now...]

as for nina, while it's true that she has only a few members in her platoon, she also doesn't seem to be a good strategist/tactician...her plans thus far have always been pretty simplistic, they only worked because there was layfon to clean up everything...without him, her simplistic plan simply fails...it would've been much better to have shena work as decoy, exactly because shena can be sacrificed...
Old 2009-04-27, 20:59   Link #94
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Umm, Sheena as a decoy wouldn't work IMO, cuz they would just attack Nina instead even though she's with Sharnid(cuz she's the leader). Although Nina will have better chance surviving, the enemy could just ignore Sheena or put some body shield to slow her down and take down Nina in the meantime. The only reason why Nina can be a decoy is cuz she's the leader and taking her down would mean victory for the defender and the enemy knows it too.

But even with than reasoning, I think it's stupid for Nina to act as a decoy. From strategic view, dividing your force when you're outnumbered is very stupid thing to do. Well, in the first place attacking with lesser force is suicidal actually, but the best thing you can do in that situation is to group together and hope to defeat the enemy through teamwork or focusing your attack on the enemy leader.
Old 2009-04-27, 21:38   Link #95
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpo98 View Post
Actually the opposite. You are forgetting that Felli used to kick Layfon directly. The last time she kicked someone was the swimsuit episode then she kicked her big brother so hard that his leg broke. Besides Layfon need to be reminded from time to time.
I didn't. She did kick Layfon, but what I'm saying is that ever since she realized she likes Layfon, she stopped kicking him and started kicking objects such as the pole and venting her frustration away from him. Now she's perfectly fine venting her frustration with him right there. Next stop is a return to kicking him and not objects. It's a kicking/falling in love curve. She'll be back to kicking him in no time.
Old 2009-04-28, 00:10   Link #96
Johnny
Working the bags...

From the pics of earlier posts for next episode it looks like Layfon is riding duo with Shena. Not sure where she stuffed all her hair to fit into that suit though. Can't tell who the third person is standing next to them in another pic. So maybe he asked for all their help instead of just Nina...
Old 2009-04-28, 00:21   Link #97
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Wow, this mei stuff has been really moving the last two weeks, I was just hooked at every wordd and reaction being shared. I wonder what happened during the off camera segment? I dont think mei just gives up this early (less she did in the novrls) In anycase, I wonder whats going on there, we might not know for certain forawhile. hough, hes still eating that lunch box, so I dont think anything just ended (permanently anyway). Even if you like anoter character with Layfon, its still sad to see her be upset
Quote:
I didn't. She did kick Layfon, but what I'm saying is that ever since she realized she likes Layfon, she stopped kicking him and started kicking objects such as the pole and venting her frustration away from him. Now she's perfectly fine venting her frustration with him right there. Next stop is a return to kicking him and not objects. It's a kicking/falling in love curve. She'll be back to kicking him in no time.
Lol, because everyone knows that kiicking the bed and popping up a patient with a spinal injury is the ultimate form of felli love. i wish i were joking about that.

i guess it can be cute though.

And finally, it loooks like a genocidal goat is loose in the city. unlike the jealous goat we suspected.

Genocidal goats are much more frightening.

Last edited by alu546; 2009-04-28 at 00:45.
Old 2009-04-28, 00:58   Link #98
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache
If platoon 17 can avoid Vance as good as possible while being able to deal with the remaining 4 members, then the odds are clearly in favor of platoon 17!

Saying that Nina tried her best might be true, but no matter how you look at it, her plan was not only suicidal but a doomed failure as well. Facing the strongest opponent head on while you are basically a walking flag is idiotic. Nina is obviously overestimating her abilities and thus leading her team to loosing.

For me that is a clear sign that Nina isnt fit to be a leader.
I think it's just unfortunate that Vance actually wasn't defending the flag but rather went on the offensive hunting the attackers. Nina gambled on this and she lost, but what is a strategy without a risk. Before Layfon's arrival the 17th was like, the lowest of the lowest. Now without Fon-fon chance of platoon 17 to win over platoon 1 imo is only 30-40% in the first place, where they're the underdogs facing the head dude of the military arts and his platoon. Statistically wise nobody expected platoon 17 to actually win except themselves, so what they did is actually quite a feat. >.>;
Old 2009-04-28, 01:44   Link #99
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I am thinking that platoon 1 didn't put their strongest on the field, except for the leader. Knowing Layton is not there, why put the strongest out there ? I think platoon 17 was up against the B team or even the C team. The exception being their leader. On a scale of 1 to 100 I think Nina is around 50 and Vance is close to 100... Layton, I think, is around 10,000 to 100, 000 in comparison.
Old 2009-04-28, 01:51   Link #100
solembum
The WereCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
I am thinking that platoon 1 didn't put their strongest on the field, except for the leader. Knowing Layton is not there, why put the strongest out there ? I think platoon 17 was up against the B team or even the C team. The exception being their leader. On a scale of 1 to 100 I think Nina is around 50 and Vance is close to 100... Layton, I think, is around 10,000 to 100, 000 in comparison.
I think its very likely that all those are the platoon 1 team. I think there's no such thing thing as team B or C... and vance doesn't seem like a person who will underestimate anyone.. just my two cents ^^
Closed Thread