AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-02-18, 14:35   Link #5781
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
So far, except for Hayate's childhood past, Athena hasn't helped anyone but herself. In comparison to that, Nagi and Hina have been extremely altruistic, to Athenas benefit. If she is to win me over, I'd like her to do something comparable. If she doesn't, I'll remain lukewarm towards her at best..

I didn't understand this paragraph at all, could you please rephrase? The idea of HinaxHayate hasn't occurred to him at all, when others brought it up he was all "nonono, she would never even look at me".
Nagi doesn't know Hayate was saving her rival. Hina tried to save Athena, I'll give you that. It's about back to like or dislike, not worthy or unworthy of a character. I won't want to change your behavior toward Athena.

Had the idea of HinaxHayate occurred to you? Way before all of these events happened?

Quote:
As I said before, I'm trying to explain why I can't find it in me to root for Athena so far: Because she hasn't done anything particularly "good" to find my approval. In the past, she has saved Hayate from misery (good deed) and trained him several skills (mostly good deed, even though the Butler theme already had a certain self-oriented tinge). The way she kicked Hayate out was already fairly ugly, and I didn't like the self-focus of her "uuuuuu, I'm all alone again" at all. In the present, I liked exactly _nothing_ which she had done before the showdown. And suffering for many years may elicit my pity and compassion, but certainly not my admiration.

Compared to that, Nagi and Hina have positively done more FOR others AGAINST their own interests. I admire this, and this admiration translates into "worthiness before my own eyes". I'd rather have these good deeds rewarded than linking Hayate with Athena, because she suffered oh so much for oh so long.
I see. If it's about you not rooting for Athena, I won't want to change it. So the worthiness is your attraction to a character? In that case, I won't concern about it.

Quote:
Try to list what she has positively done for him in the past and present. Won't take up much space. I'll counterbalance it what nasty things she's done to him. I foresee a very "balanced" character here ^_^;
Hayate becomes what he is because of her which is greater than anything any other girls could ever hope to do for him. She had been searching for him for 10 years which emotionally is far surpassed any other girls. She watched him from afar and helped him while seeing him share his happiness with other girls. Hina's doing is somewhat an imitation what Athena had done.

Quote:
It took Hina's probing and several minutes of deep pondering to even make him realize that A-tan is his "suki na hito". And hadn't Hina pushed him to tell her, he wouldn't have even moved his ass. So let's not blow this out of proportion, please.

Let's see how things go from here. Hayate hasn't "confessed" to her yet, he came to save her. I guess c261 will show how he will handle this, in conjunction with his obligation to Nagi.
He had been thinking about Athena way before this...You know, how he was destroyed because Athena ignored him. That feelings were there but he never once considered it was...And I don't think he was joking when he pondered about his relationship with Athena since he totally forgot about Hina.

Actually, just him being able to express his feelings with his financial circumstance and wanting to know her feelings were enough.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 20:40   Link #5782
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
The bolded part is nothing more than a sweeping statement.
Disprove me, until then I stand my ground.
Quote:
We haven't really seen anything that implies that though.
You don't have to see it to come to that, you can see bits and bits of her attitude as she spent it with Hayate.
Old 2010-02-18, 21:54   Link #5783
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
Disprove me, until then I stand my ground.
You generalized that the majority of all women who are/have been in love (that is more than half of all women in love) will most of the time end up being possessive and selfish when it comes to their partners, and without providing any evidence to prove that claim.

That is the same if I say that Most men only marry rich women for their money. Sure, some men might do that, but that doesn't mean more than half of all men do it. It's nothing but baseless stereotyping.
Quote:
You don't have to see it to come to that, you can see bits and bits of her attitude as she spent it with Hayate.
Examples?

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-02-18 at 22:49. Reason: slight clarification
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 01:19   Link #5784
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
You generalized that the majority of all women who are/have been in love (that is more than half of all women in love) will most of the time end up being possessive and selfish when it comes to their partners, and without providing any evidence to prove that claim.
With a guy who's constantly surrounded with girls, I doubt she (Athena) wouldn't take some course of action.

Dammit we're not getting somwhere.

Quote:
That is the same if I say that Most men only marry rich women for their money. Sure, some men might do that, but that doesn't mean more than half of all men do it. It's nothing but baseless stereotyping.
Stereotyping, yes. It's all shown in the media, but men marrying women for money? I see your point on that statement clearly albeit a little blurry, why? Gold diggers, lots and lots of female gold diggers out for men with cash. They usually trap them in marriage, taking all their money in a split second, leaving htem with nothing..

And I just remembered, its Hayate who seems to be an infidel in a relationship anyway. In one of the chapters where he dreamt where Athena gets furious accusing him to be a pimp, being surrounded by a large number of girls, but that's Hayate's dream.
Old 2010-02-19, 02:32   Link #5785
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
And I just remembered, its Hayate who seems to be an infidel in a relationship anyway. In one of the chapters where he dreamt where Athena gets furious accusing him to be a pimp, being surrounded by a large number of girls, but that's Hayate's dream.
May I kindly remind you that it was Athena who forcibly expelled him 10 years ago? They are not in a relationship anymore - Hayate doesn't think so either, he was using past tense when discussing Athena with Hina and the terrible trio. The dream is primarily caused by Hayate's latent feeling of guilt about what led to the expulsion.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 04:32   Link #5786
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

.................................................. .................................................. ............
Okay, you guys lost me
Old 2010-02-19, 09:37   Link #5787
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
.................................................. .................................................. ............
Okay, you guys lost me
Finally, someone on this forum with some sense!

Anyway, to the rest of you guys - Just keep it up, I'm sure you'll find the truth someday (:

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 11:30   Link #5788
Used Can

Quote:
The dream is primarily caused by Hayate's latent feeling of guilt about what led to the expulsion.
I think the dream was mostly a joke, since everything that happened in that dream somewhat ended up actually happening.

inb4 Hayate not only has time-travelling abilities, but he can also see the future as well.

Anyway, as for Athena having to starting to help Hayate, I agree. But, at the same time, she's done things for him already. 10 years ago, even if she picked him up because she didn't want to be alone, the end result was that she saved him and turned him into a stronger person. She also protected him from Midas. Whilst I'll agree that the anger she felt was her own, her actions were mainly driven by Midas and I don't believe she'd ever try to hurt him (seriously) out of her own will. The fact she cast as spell on both swords, so that they'd break proves my point, I believe. Aside from that, she also decided to leave him alone after she found him 10 years later, since he seemed happy and she didn't want to take that from him. She also tried to drive him away when they met again in Athens, in order to protect him. So, she does care about Hayate a lot, and tends to put his happiness and safety above hers.

Last edited by Used Can; 2010-02-19 at 11:42.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 11:46   Link #5789
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
May I kindly remind you that it was Athena who forcibly expelled him 10 years ago? They are not in a relationship anymore - Hayate doesn't think so either, he was using past tense when discussing Athena with Hina and the terrible trio. The dream is primarily caused by Hayate's latent feeling of guilt about what led to the expulsion.
No one claims that they are still in a relationship, neither Athena or Hayate thought so after the incident. However, it's what Hayate wants their relationship to be right now or in the future that's important which lead to the dream he had. He won't want Athena-the girl he wants to love him- to misunderstand him having relationships with other girls.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 18:02   Link #5790
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
No one claims that they are still in a relationship, neither Athena or Hayate thought so after the incident.
Originally Posted by leoblack9
And I just remembered, its Hayate who seems to be an infidel in a relationship anyway.

That's what I reacted to.

Quote:
However, it's what Hayate wants their relationship to be right now or in the future that's important which lead to the dream he had. He won't want Athena-the girl he wants to love him- to misunderstand him having relationships with other girls.
I'm not even sure if Hayate will confess to Athena now. To be honest, I doubt it. If he does, things are going to become a very unpleasant mess.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 18:58   Link #5791
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

As much as I would like this manga to portray Hayate in a real relationship with someone, I highly doubt it's going to happen. More so I predict that he'll apologise say he's got someone to protect now and things go back to being the status qo which every girl start to reestablish their orbit around Hayate again and the story goes on to infinite and beyond.....
Old 2010-02-19, 23:55   Link #5792
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
gee spoilers for this week sure are lacking....
http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/...-gotoku-ch261/
Actually, that's quite the potential spoiler if I'm reading it right.

Spoiler for Chapter Title:
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:23   Link #5793
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Well text spoilers are out, and I also found one more picture with Hayate hugging Athena.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:24   Link #5794
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Well text spoilers are out, but there's only 1/4th of a page for the picture spoilers.
can u post them here pls
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:29   Link #5795
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Spoiler for upon request:

1st bit is quite similar to how they used to be 10 years ago and they are chatting. 2nd bit is like a review on what has happened.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:55   Link #5796
herbert

Friendly remind: don't depress nor hope over a single picture

Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-20, 01:05   Link #5797
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Friendly remind: don't depress nor hope over a single picture

Spoiler:
OH GOD MORE! ;_; then again...is there more? if there is PM me pls :P
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 03:26   Link #5798
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for BAH GAWD!:
Old 2010-02-20, 12:15   Link #5799
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
gee spoilers for this week sure are lacking....
http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/...-gotoku-ch261/
his arms should aim lower
Old 2010-02-20, 19:58   Link #5800
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for And Hata said this week's chapter title is supposed to:

Has anyone posted spoiler yet? I wrote something very long few hours ago, but when I pressed 'Submit Reply' button, I was moved to login page and I lost what I've written along with my patience.

Spoiler for My comments about the spoilers:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen