Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-03-23, 19:51   Link #321
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
So if Tifa - Nina, Leerin - Aerith, Layfon- Cloud; does that mean Leerin is the third wheel? Tifa/Cloud is canon now y'know?
Except Leerin is the childhood friend in love since the begining with Layfon, making the comparison useless anyway (and I'd rather not have that level of canon, I want something more definitive please ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Did anyone find the last part emotional and poignant?
I sure did I can't believe the anime cut all that character development.

Last edited by Eurys; 2010-03-24 at 08:07.
Eurys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 22:20   Link #322
godgiven25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
Except Leerin is the childhood friend in love since the begining with Layfon, making the comparison useless anyway (and I'd rather not have the level of canon, I want something more definitive please ).

Oh yeah, stupid me. But i can't think of anything else. Mind if some share suggestions?
godgiven25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 00:58   Link #323
godgiven25

YES!! Finally, thanks blewin!! Now i can savor the latest chapter
godgiven25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 11:21   Link #324
azarhal

And once again we see just how bad the anime turned. Volume 7 was just better than the ping-pong we got in the anime version.

Also, we get to see all the members of team 17 do something.

Thanks to the translator.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 22:53   Link #325
blewin

thanks for sticking with the translation.

Love this chapter.... awesomeness abound! esp with Layfon helping out in the last instant. But I'm disappointed that Nina failed (great to see the team working together - Naruki got some more screen time!). This mission could have been safely carried out by mere Military Artists rather than HB. I think I'm on Leerin's side this time. That slap of hers didn't make much sense in the anime, but the novel got it across much clearly.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 04:10   Link #326
giorno

as usual, great job blewin :yeah:

well, good chapter, this was an interesting volume

also, the more i read, the more i find the anime to be a complete wall banger...i mean, i did hear people saying that they butchered leerin's character, but like this?
They didn't butcher her character, they created an entirely new one(an horribly annoying one at that) who happened to have the same name and similar history with layfon....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 06:28   Link #327
black_cat1

At first, thank blewin for the last chapter

And I wonder why vol 8 have two short chap Interlude 1 & 2? It just like they are still being translated.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 09:09   Link #328
azarhal

@belwin: Yeah, Nina failed again, but Thunder was an awesome skill. Also, failure is her character theme, I think. One happen every ~2 volumes.

@black_cat1: vol 8 is being translated by Haze and he haven't finished it yet.
Old 2010-04-05, 09:58   Link #329
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Volume 8 continues where 7 left off right? Because i read somewhere that there's a certain order to the chapters.
Oh and i do like leerin x layfon but i'd fee' bad for nina, i very much so like her character.
Old 2010-04-05, 11:13   Link #330
azarhal

Volume 8 doesn't continues where 7 left, not really. The Interludes happen after volume 7 (Layfon and Leerin talking), but the short stories happen before volume 7.

Reading order is: 10*-6-7-10*-9-12-13-14-15

Volume 10 is a short stories volume too, but some of the events that happen in the stories are actually referenced in the "main" volumes, like Nina mentioning Dick in volume 6. You need to read a vol 10 short story to understand why she's saying that, because that's where Dick is introduced.
Old 2010-04-05, 20:07   Link #331
blewin

yeah, Interlude 1 and 2 are short, but they're complete.
wish the reading order isn't so confusing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
@belwin: Also, failure is her character theme, I think. One happen every ~2 volumes.
that just makes me laugh so badly... Does anyone sympathise with Nina? I do.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-04-06, 11:53   Link #332
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
that just makes me laugh so badly... Does anyone sympathise with Nina? I do.
I do, but I don't get the impression Nina counts that as a loss. Her team captured the flag with minimal reliance on Leyfon. I'm not even sure Naruki was conclusively out of the fight.

Haia on the other hand had better watch out. He may be the third best Military Artist around but I can't see Nina, Naruki or Felli immediately forgiving him for kidnapping Felli.

BTW

“Captain!” Naruki called, hanging from the hope. should probably be rope.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 23:40   Link #333
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

third best? who are the other two Layfon being one of them off course.

Also thanks for the chapter Blewin that was freaking awesome amazing finish to the 7th volume with Leerin.
Old 2010-04-07, 02:16   Link #334
BakaHaze

@Black_Cat1:The short Interlude chapters are meant to be like that. They are completed.
It's the actual volume that incomplete. (Diamond passion, Epilogue, Ordianry Days)
Nd Sorry for the delay, guys. Test are coming at me left, right and center. I'll try get it done as quickly as possible.
Old 2010-04-07, 03:07   Link #335
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
third best? who are the other two Layfon being one of them off course.
Layfon and Savaris. I don't count Dixerio as being around Zuellni as such.
Old 2010-04-07, 04:07   Link #336
Chad

Haze, who is the woman Nina is mad at in Diamond Passion?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 07:59   Link #337
blewin

BTW, the next Vol to follow straight from 7 is Vol 9, so you can read Vol 9 even though translation of Vol 8 isn't completed yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
I do, but I don't get the impression Nina counts that as a loss. Her team captured the flag with minimal reliance on Leyfon. I'm not even sure Naruki was conclusively out of the fight.

Haia on the other hand had better watch out. He may be the third best Military Artist around but I can't see Nina, Naruki or Felli immediately forgiving him for kidnapping Felli.

BTW

“Captain!” Naruki called, hanging from the hope. should probably be rope.
thanks for catching that typo! I just fixed it.

well, the theme of Nina feeling regret/discomfort for having to rely on Layfon all the time is pretty much recursive throughout, and she isn't the only one feeling that way.

would be nice to see Haia develop more. Not sure whether the Salinvan Gang will disband or not.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-04-07, 11:37   Link #338
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
well, the theme of Nina feeling regret/discomfort for having to rely on Layfon all the time is pretty much recursive throughout, and she isn't the only one feeling that way.
She did seem more pumped up on victory this time rather than regretting needing Layfon. And usually her problems with relying on Layfon are due to her feeling that he can win without needing them to contribute. Whereas this time round if she'd had another Naruki level first year in her team rather than Layfon they'd still have won since there weren't any more defenders to stop an extra body.

Of course I'm not sure how finding out Layton took a hit to make that attack will affect how she feels. Pushing herself too hard again? Swapping her Dites to Green or White? Sitting down with Gorneo to learn to use the defense shield better? Realizing she needs to pace herself better?

Am I correct in thinking that Iron Whips aren't the weapon her father taught her?

Quote:
would be nice to see Haia develop more. Not sure whether the Salinvan Gang will disband or not.
He's presumably not going anywhere in the near future, due to injuries.

I'd expect the Gang to slim down, but there's no reason to think this is the last Haikizoku [Either ever or that Grendan/Alseyra/Saia wants] so I'd expect Queen Alsheyra [or more likely Kanaris] to have Haia, Fermaus and Myunfa refit and recruit before heading out again after they return to Grendan.

Last edited by dahak; 2010-04-07 at 11:46. Reason: Thinking about Haia
Old 2010-04-07, 13:31   Link #339
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Am I correct in thinking that Iron Whips aren't the weapon her father taught her?
No.

Her father taught her to dual wield Iron Whips, but most of the information is found in short stories. Annoyingly, most of her background information is also found in short stories and the main volumes don't paint the whole picture.
Old 2010-04-08, 20:15   Link #340
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Were does volume 8 fall in?

Tags
fantasy, shounen