AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-10-24, 03:54   Link #1
JERI

Who do you see as the best artist?

Post here brief introductions (and maybe post his/her links and works) of your best comic/manga/anime artist. Since this is a fan art forum, it is preferred that we all try to showcase talented artists world wide for their skills in art only.

Don't forget to post the genre that the artist falls under.

I'll start with some of my favourite ones...

Wing Shing Ma (Hong Kong comic artist)

Wing Shing Ma has gotta my most favourite artist. He first achieved fame with "A Man Called Hero" in the early 80s, while working under the godfather of Hong Kong comics - Wong Yuk-long. At the end of the decade, he founded his own company and began "Storm Riders", which is still serialised on Ting Ha and is widely hailed as Hong Kong's greates comic.

The most praising aspect of Ma's art is his incredible color jobs. His blend of colors are so rich and protray the mood so well that nothing less than glorious is fit to describe them. Ma's works are relatively hard to find on the net, the ones posted here are not the best he has done, but I feel they represent his quality of work quite well.

Below site has got a good collection of Ma's work, as well as a brief biography, it's all chinese though.
http://www.comicsworld.com/
JERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 04:22   Link #2
JERI

Joe Madureira (American comic artist)

Joe Madureira became well known for his works as the pencil artist for the Uncanny X-Men during mid 90s. After almost three years working for Marvel, Joe left to start his own series "Battle Chasers". He's currently working on Street Fighters for Udon.

I'm drawn to Joe's work for his distinctive style. They're undoubtly American but showing manga/anime influence (Michael Turner seems to show that same influence in his works), and I find them very cool and unique.

http://www.joemadfan.com/
Old 2004-10-24, 06:25   Link #3
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
I've been waiting for a thread like this for awhile now,
Spoiler for Manga-Ka:

Spoiler for American or other:

Spoiler for +3h 733+ P\/\/n@g3 !V!u§+@:

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-10-24 at 07:14.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 07:46   Link #4
Marvel
Demon-Fox InsideŠ

One of my favorite artists is Daisuke Moriyama, because I think that Chrno Crusade is one of the better drawn stuff.
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 11:55   Link #5
Sqrrl
Narutofan

Chrno Crusade is indeed one of the better drawn anime...
I also like the artist MC Esher ;D he has kuhl art
Sqrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 12:17   Link #6
harry kun
^^mangaka^^

Send a message via MSN to harry kun
Talking

i love nobuhiro watsuki and akira toriyama ....they're the best ....the newest nobuhiro manga is busou renkin (really cool) ,and akira's is kajika.... i don't have the official site ...if someone has it .pleaseeee post here i would be really thankful ^___^ ........
harry kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 12:54   Link #7
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I don't know about best there are quite a few great artists, but my favorites would probably be:

Spoiler for manga:

Spoiler for American "manga" artist:
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 15:20   Link #8
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
i don't know what or whose the best..but surely this artist here is my favorite. .. Yoshitaka Amano (yupyupp) his artwork is known through some of the Final Fantasy series such as FF tactics...and then theres D the vampire, etc....greatlyy a wonderful artist way ahead of his time....

Spoiler:
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 16:56   Link #9
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Takeshi Obata. Definately. No questions asked.
Spoiler:
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 18:00   Link #10
Chronissz

Well there are alot of them, but my favorite up till now is probably Yoshitaka Abe (Lain, Haibane, Texhnolyze, NieA_7)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

BTW, Shoeshefied, I dont know if you have heard of this game but have you played Kartia for PSX? Its a strategy game that went unnoticed by most, that looks like the same art in the game so I'm guessing Yoshitaka Amano did it, its a very unique style.
Chronissz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 22:30   Link #11
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronissz
Well there are alot of them, but my favorite up till now is probably Yoshitaka Abe (Lain, Haibane, Texhnolyze, NieA_7)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
OMFG. F. a. n. t. a. s. t. i. c.

Spoiler for Hayao Miyazaki:

And the grandaddy of modern sequential art
Spoiler for Will Eisner:

:Topicoff: It would be great to see more of non-Japanese/Manga-Ka artists
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 04:24   Link #12
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
RANGE MURATA

worked on: Blue Submarine No. 6, Last Exile

and Chen Shu-Fen & Pin Fan husband/wife team! one of the best chinese illustrators using water colors!!

okay too much shu-fen and pin-fan!!
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 09:10   Link #13
Eikichi-
Velvet Tears

Well, me is Hyung Tae Kim and Tetsuya Nomura.

Spoiler:
Eikichi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 10:15   Link #14
harry kun
^^mangaka^^

Send a message via MSN to harry kun
Talking

yeahhhhh tetsuya nomura rox ^^
harry kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 21:30   Link #15
JERI

I concur! Shu-fen does the best protrayal of Xiao Long Nu [小龍女]. You wouldn't happen to have that picture done by her do you, get a life?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin Gerard (American freelance illustrator)

Justing Gerard is a member of Portland Studios, a company devoted to illustrating children's books and animations of related themes. Justin is influenced by classic children's/fantasy illustrations and Disney's.

Justin's works really capture that magical feeling for me. They seem so warm and friendly and cuddly. Call me childish, but I would find myself looking at them again and again just to indulge in my childhood nostalgia.

www.portlandstudios.com
Old 2004-10-25, 21:34   Link #16
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeshefied
i don't know what or whose the best..but surely this artist here is my favorite. .. Yoshitaka Amano (yupyupp) his artwork is known through some of the Final Fantasy series such as FF tactics...and then theres D the vampire, etc....greatlyy a wonderful artist way ahead of his time....
i love the art from FFtactics. especially liked the FF6 artwork

my vote is for Hiroaki Samura
absolutely beautiful work from him, currently switching b/t the two following in desktop formats just cause i like them so much...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by fenrihr; 2004-10-25 at 21:45.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 21:38   Link #17
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

Yoshitaka Abe, Range Murata < Agreed

Capcom Design Teams << nuff said. they are the gods

Yoji Shinkawa << Metal Gear Solid? everyone knows

Akemi Tadaka<< Maybe not every youngster knows her, but her work range from Kimagure Orange Road to Patlabor (character design only. truely nice classics. Some of her old artbook goes up to $700 on ebay I saw it the other day. ToT i want it~~)
example of her work(image from her work "patlabor - now or never" artbook $120. purchased by me from Japan. image from the work in progress DVD included from the artbook:

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto << Evangelion's main artist. nuff said

They are my fav and in fact, they are always holding the first place. Master level stuff
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 22:37   Link #18
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by .gaara
Yoshitaka Abe, Range Murata < Agreed

Capcom Design Teams << nuff said. they are the gods

Yoji Shinkawa << Metal Gear Solid? everyone knows

Akemi Tadaka<< Maybe not every youngster knows her, but her work range from Kimagure Orange Road to Patlabor (character design only. truely nice classics. Some of her old artbook goes up to $700 on ebay I saw it the other day. ToT i want it~~)
example of her work(image from her work "patlabor - now or never" artbook $120. purchased by me from Japan. image from the work in progress DVD included from the artbook:

Yoshiyuki Sadamoto << Evangelion's main artist. nuff said

They are my fav and in fact, they are always holding the first place. Master level stuff
all in on Yoji Shinkawa !!! yes......
and the guy who did art for the CastleVania series
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 23:18   Link #19
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
wasnt the artist for the castlevania series a girl? ayami kojima? i forgot to add her to the list too!

now that is fucking pwn sk1ll!! not like those korean artists... no offense though but i dont really like the style all that much.

someone show me a korean artist thats up to par with the japanese and chinese artists so i can shut up

Last edited by get_a_life; 2004-10-25 at 23:33.
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 01:05   Link #20
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_a_life
now that is fucking pwn sk1ll!! not like those korean artists... no offense though but i dont really like the style all that much.

someone show me a korean artist thats up to par with the japanese and chinese artists so i can shut up
well, there are always good artists and bad artists no matter where they from. for me, I just simply enjoy the art not where they from.

both chinese and korean animation team (studios) handle request from Japanese animation studio. due to the cheap budget they were offered (on both side) sometime the animation quality would turn out considerably poor

but artists from both countries are still making great effords on improving their skills (not the animation team though. they just total lack of skills)

I found some lineart work from korean artists the other day when I was browsing this chinese forum but unfrotunately they didnt state the artist.

.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote