AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-11, 05:44   Link #401
Sammich
Crazy Quoting Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Spoiler for Game Response:
Really? I thought it made sene, or well, as far as something like that can make sense...
Spoiler for AS:
Old 2008-03-12, 08:55   Link #402
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If we were to argue that if we could chronologically arrange the events of the game in terms of "occurence" rather than a strict timeline we could assume for the story's sake that the ending of the normal After Story route was the catalyst for the events of the True Ending to take place.

Proof of this is the girl's final words to the robot in the Illusionary World.

It would make sense if, and only if, we assume that these different tales involve a Tomoya melding together with the Tomoyas of the other routes, and the ending of the Normal End is the final bump that would send Tomoya to undo the painful events that are to unfold.

In this way, it is as if the Story routes, the light orbs and the After Story routes were all in play so that Tomoya would find the miracle he so desperately seeks. The light orbs serve as the lessons he had learned about the meaning of love, family, friendship and parenthood.

With all lessons learned and all orbs found, he can finally return to the moment that would change everything, and finally find the miracle he has been seeking.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 09:44   Link #403
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
wonder if this game is worth buying?

does it have any adult scenes or is it safe for all?

Just had one of key translators come back from the dead, and go over the clannad text so it won't be long getting it done if he keeps goes at his usual pace, so im interested in playing the the game now.

Watched the anime and it was interesting, just makes me want to see the Tomoyo path now.....
Old 2008-03-12, 10:02   Link #404
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

CLANNAD is family safe, the first KEY game to came under this category from its first print, so you can be sure you won't get any of those lil surprises

'Worth buying' is pretty much a subjective concept, however I've yet to meet a person who wasn't satisfied with this game after buying it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 12:12   Link #405
Seigi

Clannad is the best visual novel I've ever seen. Well, I don't have such a great experience (tried around 6 games), but still, it's so far better than any other !
Sunohara is so funny in the game that I'm waiting everyday for his show-up. Then, unlike many other VN, I don't have that feeling while playing that some scenes were put just in order to make the game last longer. They're all important or funny in a way, and I still haven't thought, even once, "Couldn't they just put an end to this scene?!".
Even a good game like Air let me think so sometimes.
Si just go for it !
Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 12:23   Link #406
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
wonder if this game is worth buying?

does it have any adult scenes or is it safe for all?

Just had one of key translators come back from the dead, and go over the clannad text so it won't be long getting it done if he keeps goes at his usual pace, so im interested in playing the the game now.

Watched the anime and it was interesting, just makes me want to see the Tomoyo path now.....
It's definately worth a buy if you have 90 hours to spare to play it. There were a couple routes that were not too interesting to me, but After Story just made it all worth it.

Clannad has no adult scenes in it, but it does have some sexual references in it. So, I wouldn't play it with a 5 year old. I'd say 12+ is the appropriate age. There's no ecchi either, so you don't need to worry about "pantsu" or "swimsuits" or anything.

Clannad is also worth the $80 it costs to get it. Heck, it's less than $1 for an hour of entertainment. You figure a manga costs $10 for maybe 5 hours of enjoyment at best, so this is much cheaper moneywise. Much better moneywise investment of your time.
Old 2008-03-12, 14:36   Link #407
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
It's definately worth a buy if you have 90 hours to spare to play it. There were a couple routes that were not too interesting to me, but After Story just made it all worth it.

Clannad has no adult scenes in it, but it does have some sexual references in it. So, I wouldn't play it with a 5 year old. I'd say 12+ is the appropriate age. There's no ecchi either, so you don't need to worry about "pantsu" or "swimsuits" or anything.

Clannad is also worth the $80 it costs to get it. Heck, it's less than $1 for an hour of entertainment. You figure a manga costs $10 for maybe 5 hours of enjoyment at best, so this is much cheaper moneywise. Much better moneywise investment of your time.
hmm.... never thought about how much it cost per hour, can you download it?

don't like waiting for shipping.

:/

at $80 which is around £40, that's not bad, about the same as a PS3 game
Old 2008-03-12, 14:54   Link #408
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
hmm.... never thought about how much it cost per hour, can you download it?

:/

at $80 which is around £40, that's not bad, about the same as a PS3 game
I haven't heard of a legally downloadable version of it. I think you're going to have to buy it and have it shipped. If you want to play it ASAP with the unofficial patch, buy the unvoiced version, and do not install the voice patch. If you want to wait a couple weeks/months for the Clannad translation project to release a complete patch, you can go for either the unvoiced or the voiced.
Old 2008-03-12, 15:32   Link #409
Proto

It would be better to go for the voiced version now that the unvoiced one tends to be rather scarce, gets a little more pricey and don't offer any advantage, on the contrary
Old 2008-03-12, 16:51   Link #410
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Just order the game now, by the time it arrives, the patch should be well on it's way already. In all probability, you'll have to wait longer for the patch than for the game. Point is, you;re going to be waiting anyway, there is no way around it.

The unvoiced version is completely out of print, unless you get a warez version, there is no way of getting the original game.
Old 2008-03-12, 21:12   Link #411
GameMaster0000
Chaos Nightmare

Send a message via MSN to GameMaster0000
I just completed after story true end yesterday. This game is the best.

Spoiler for about route:
GameMaster0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 21:14   Link #412
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMaster0000 View Post
I just completed after story true end yesterday. This game is the best.

Spoiler for about route:
Spoiler for Nagisa/Tomura:
Old 2008-03-12, 23:08   Link #413
GameMaster0000
Chaos Nightmare

Quote:
Spoiler for Nagisa/Tomura:
Spoiler for route:
Old 2008-03-13, 01:17   Link #414
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Just a question...

I was looking at Baka-Tsuki's SEEN texts, and I noticed "Bad End 1" or "SEEN 0444"...

I know how to get the Sunohara one (0666), but how do you get 0444?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:51   Link #415
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Just a question...

I was looking at Baka-Tsuki's SEEN texts, and I noticed "Bad End 1" or "SEEN 0444"...

I know how to get the Sunohara one (0666), but how do you get 0444?
That SEEN applies (with variations) for:

- Kyou bad end
- Kappei bad end
- Yukine bad end
- Not even interacting with any of the girls or screwing all their flags (you're then given a choice which will lead you to the Sunohara end on April 23rd)
- Losing the laser game, which means you won't go into the baseball story

Kotomi, Tomoyo, Nagisa and Sanae have their own bad ends. Not sure about Mei and Akio. Koumura's scenario is ridiculously short that a bad end is unnecessary.

The other scenarios are all tied in with AfterStory, so if you scored the wrong flag for them, it'll take you back to the main AfterStory narrative, but you miss out on the chance to get an orb.

Strictly speaking, AfterStory has no bad end, since it takes you into a timeloop. And seeing this ending is necessary in order to get to true end.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 11:38   Link #416
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
That SEEN applies (with variations) for:

- Kyou bad end
- Kappei bad end
- Yukine bad end
- Not even interacting with any of the girls or screwing all their flags (you're then given a choice which will lead you to the Sunohara end on April 23rd)
- Losing the laser game, which means you won't go into the baseball story

Kotomi, Tomoyo, Nagisa and Sanae have their own bad ends. Not sure about Mei and Akio. Koumura's scenario is ridiculously short that a bad end is unnecessary.

The other scenarios are all tied in with AfterStory, so if you scored the wrong flag for them, it'll take you back to the main AfterStory narrative, but you miss out on the chance to get an orb.

Strictly speaking, AfterStory has no bad end, since it takes you into a timeloop. And seeing this ending is necessary in order to get to true end.
Thanks for the info!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 18:48   Link #417
GameMaster0000
Chaos Nightmare

Kinny Riddle, I think you should hide your answer in spoiler tag.

Spoiler for Quote Kinny Riddle:
Old 2008-03-15, 08:31   Link #418
carrots

umm...this is about the clannad game.

Spoiler for game:
carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:00   Link #419
Proto

The game works under a sort of branching system, in which the different decisions you do during the game ultimately leads you down a certain path. For choosing a different path, you must change the decisions you make during the game run. As there are a lot of bad ends, this requires a bit of experimentation, but it is ultimately rewarding.
Old 2008-03-15, 09:18   Link #420
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrots View Post
umm...this is about the clannad game.

Spoiler for game:
Basically, click on "New Game". That'll lead you to the same start, but by changing certain decisions made in the game he will branch off into another character's route.

Also, I have a question about the game plot.
Spoiler for Illusionary World:

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360