AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-01, 10:43   Link #1081
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

somehow that genderbend from above that illustration, kind remind me of Alice from Alice Tale in Krytykal
Ossan in a beautuful maiden's body
Old 2015-01-02, 16:30   Link #1082
Rahuman
Masked Reader

Kenja no deshi o nanoru kenja
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2015-01-05, 09:39   Link #1083
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
When you're not into genderbender.
well he is the one that genderbend himself.....

besides the whole trip into the game....
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 10:09   Link #1084
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
well he is the one that genderbend himself.....

besides the whole trip into the game....
Not sure why the reason matter.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 09:55   Link #1085
dullman

So i again ask about novel recommendation.
Now i want to find novels where protagonist has children (e.g. Mushoku Tensei), it can be harem or i can go with female protagonist (since it will be very unusual settings so it might be interesting).

ps. I know that probably asking this is on verge of breaking rules, but is there any site in Japanese that host light novels (similar to Chinese sites which are for me unreadable through MT since can't understand their names). If yes you can pm me their adresses since i can only read them through MT.
dullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 11:39   Link #1086
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullman View Post
Now i want to find novels where protagonist has children (e.g. Mushoku Tensei), it can be harem or i can go with female protagonist (since it will be very unusual settings so it might be interesting).

ps. I know that probably asking this is on verge of breaking rules, but is there any site in Japanese that host light novels (similar to Chinese sites which are for me unreadable through MT since can't understand their names). If yes you can pm me their adresses since i can only read them through MT.
Re:Monster ???
Old 2015-01-07, 15:36   Link #1087
tonyorobsky

Quote:
I don't remember seeing a "parent" tag or a "children" tag ... ... So... ... GOOD LUCK !!!

You used Mushoku Tensei as an example. You want a protag (male or female alike) with children in an action/adventure WN?? Better luck with comedy/slice of life works rather than action/adventure works (in the later they are either young-reincarnated and indecisive with women or uninterested in having children because there is no time [too much action and adventure] to take care of them [Rudy has 1 of his children not recognising him as the father ]; or middle aged, single and not much hopefull when it comes to women, let alone thinking of having children) Children are for side characters that are friends with the protag or for the happy ending... Or for the bad father that basically barelly see the children (I was thinking of the last 2 Die Hard movies, more of a western thing than a japanese thing)... or tragic past ...
A drop of water in the ocean (ok, maybe not the ocean, but still a drop of water in the pool)... Really... good luck...
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 09:41   Link #1088
Mahesvara

I am sorry if it's mentioned earlier but someone translating World Teacher! First 9 chapters are up...
https://defiring.wordpress.com/world-teacher/
Mahesvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 13:00   Link #1089
tonyorobsky

Quote:
Ideal sponger life
Translated by Prozess on Unlimited Novel Failures
(for the untranslated chapters, check the japanese name on Mangaupdates and copy-paste it on the narou search engine)
The guy will have a son
Old 2015-01-09, 14:40   Link #1090
Mechatrill

So, I've been monitoring some sites that host Chinese translated LNs, and I've been seeing one series named 异世界狂想曲 that's being constantly updated (like every couple of days or so). I was a bit curious so I took a look, and it seems that it's been translated up to 12 volumes and going, and it seems to be a web novel.

So, I did a bit of basic googling, and it turns out to be デスマーチからはじまる異世界狂想曲, which is in fact a web novel, and has been mentioned already in this thread too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by youreka View Post
i'll rec 1 title, nothing new basically just mix another isekai story, but the story quiet good and heart warming harem fantasy.

Title : デスマーチからはじまる異世界狂想曲
Romaji : Desumāchi kara hajimaru i sekai kyōsōkyoku sakusha
Link

Ichiro Suzuki is subcontractor outsourcing programer in company that create browser PC game. after finishing his work and send it via email he decide to sleep in the desk, suddenly when he wake up he in wilderness that resemble grand canyon.

he think its dream, why its dream? he remember sleep in desk and see in the corner of vision there an "icon" and "menu" that resemble his game that he currently work for. because there nothing to do he decide to explore the "menu screen" and he find his stat and name, there he find a disposable large scale magic "meteor rain" that can be used three times. well he decide to use meteor rain because nothing to do and faint to be blown by explosion dust, when he woke up its massive lv up and item.

the MC is lv 1 that have ability like game character "easy mode game like character" where he can get skill when he do something, he can get hostile skill if he get hit but cant get hostile unique skill. in middle of story there explanation that its a fantasy world where a reincarnation and summon to another world is common, few of them have cheat and unique like ability. there are hero , demon and satan, and MC will meet a hero that been summoned by god or meet another reincarnation person or summoned person that been summon by people in that world.

there magic gun/rifle/machine gun/cannon/rail gun but its categories like antique that work for smallfry and not very effective to monster lv 50+ that have thick skin or barrier.
even tough there are many history that summon and reincarnation is common, its world that modern technology rarely been seen, that where the mystery lies.
So, at this point, I'm wondering whether to go ahead with this series after all (especially since I already have a pretty hefty backlog of series I need to finish and/or get started). Would anyone who has read this like to provide more details and/or opinions to help me with the decision?
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 21:44   Link #1091
laon
Hantai

Oh someone did Death March TL? kinda wary since it's cn to english though, what are their source? WN or official chinese licensed LN (if it exist)?

I have posted my impression few pages back.

Edit: Oh wait since it's up to volume 12 then it must the WN version and by Chinese translated you mean it's being translated to Chinese?
Old 2015-01-09, 22:26   Link #1092
Mechatrill

Quote:
Oh someone did Death March TL? kinda wary since it's cn to english though, what are their source? WN or official chinese licensed LN (if it exist)?

I have posted my impression few pages back.

Edit: Oh wait since it's up to volume 12 then it must the WN version and by Chinese translated you mean it's being translated to Chinese?
Yes. Those are translations to Chinese. I generally find that an overwhelming number of light novels are translated to Chinese compared to English. Makes sense, given the similarities in the written language (most Kanji are practically identical to Chinese characters in meaning).

Oh, and I finally found your review. Very nice. It looks like I'll be adding to my backlog then...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 16:51   Link #1093
NovelReader

Spoiler for 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?:
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 01:06   Link #1094
deathstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyorobsky View Post
Here are a few other recommandations:

Large, and out Zhang! 大・出・張!
A bunch of japanese civilians (1 salaryman (protag), 1 wrestler, 1 arcade game clerc, 1 college woman, 1 high school girl, 1 elementary school girl) are thrown in another world due to a mysterious event. In this world they encounter a monster, the salaryman use himself as bait to save the others, and he is saved by a knight. They explain things to each other and all understand that there was a big event for both worlds. In the other world there are jobs (available from 15yo), while the others got known jobs our salaryman got the knew unknown job "Salaryman". Story of the (badass?) salaryman in another world Serious, heartwarming, funny (mostly due to the salaryman skills)

If you have a robot fighting game, was trip to fantasy system different world ロボット対戦ゲームをしていたら、ファンタジー系異世界にトリップしました
A guy who plays a VRMMO robots fighting game in a futuristic SF setting, is thrown in a fantasy world with his in-games abilities, tools and mechas (he got more than one ) right in the middle of a war. There are magic powered mechas in this world (reminded me a bit of "Knight and Magic" and "Break Blade") Our MC is a robot fighting game fan and eroge fan (so he is weird and perverted but not too much i think), there are battles, pretty girls (including 2 princesses) and ecchi moments, funny moments

What Tsu bad Orochi a devil is made Harlem! オロチな魔王がハーレムつくって何がわるいっ!
A guy who got his share of bad luck is run over by a truck while saving a girl, and summoned as a hero in another world... Or so it should be... But due to a prophecy and history with his grandfather (who also got summoned tens of years before) he becomes enemy number 1 of the country who summoned him (and probably not just this country). He is on the run while hidding his identity as "Ouroboros" (the prophecy is common knowledge) with survival and revenge in mind, followed by a pretty girl, and later another pretty girl, and... Kinda dark, cruel and gruesome description, ecchi moments (looks like it'll be "true harem" )

Suge~e~e~e What a different world! ! (Provisional) 異世界ってスゲェェェ!
A 28 yo salaryman is summoned in another world by a goddess, not to save the world, but to save her by finding her name (now that's a quest you don't see often in summoned stories, finding the name of a goddess to save her from disappearing from the world). Of course with a starting bonus (younger, basic abilities). There are status and skills. MC isn't overpowered. First arc is him getting used to the world, strenghtening himself and raising money. The end of this arc got me teary eyed, seriously I almost cryed (well, it's just me, but I think it was very emotional). More serious than what the title suggest, a good read IMO.

Sudden different world reincarnation saga 突然の異世界転生英雄伝
Guy got send in another world (back to 7yo) and is adopted by a family in the nearby village. Looks like something is about to happen in the world between the different races. 1 of the gods of the world will provide the MC with hints and infos. So our MC is living in the village, improving his magic and swordmanship, defeating thieves alone, defeating a B class wolf with his stepfather, having his stepsister fall for him, becoming one of the 3 students of a swordmaster... Interesting story

For more fun and comedy:
I'll Become a God is a reference for the different world cheat Genesis book-medieval Europe ~Tsu ☆ ~
神になって異世界チート創世録 ~中世ヨーロッパについての資料ですよッ☆~
The world has ended. You are the last human god randomly selectioned to be the new god and create the next world. Then he left. Just like that our MC became god in an empty white space with the task to create a world...
Is any of these novels being translated? (please say yes)
deathstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 01:24   Link #1095
auronlife

Quote:
My hit and miss,
Misses :
Kenja no Deshi no Kenja 賢者の弟子を名乗る賢者
Mid-20 collar worker man got transported to different world based on VMMORPG he was playing when "he's" about to log out of the game, "he" retain his summoner job only that now "he" inhabit the body of a cute girl.

Was interested on this novel when I saw the cover on amazon jp but didn't know that this was genderbender (didn't read the description duh), not into it but people who do may want to take a look I guess. What a shame "she's" cute. :/

This story is pretty good IMO, you should try to ignore the gender bender and read it. The main is a rogue-mage-summoner ( remind me a lot of Ainz minus the whole final boss setting), He just "accidentally" use the cosmetic box to recreate his perfect female character and later be stuck inside of the game( The author use his appearance as a comic relief). But seriously tho, would you rather be stuck as an old man or a loli hahaha?
Spoiler for look at them:

Spoiler for 1 more pic:

full size pic from your post and look at Mira, I really like her/him as a character.

Last edited by auronlife; 2015-01-13 at 01:40.
auronlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 01:54   Link #1096
laon
Hantai

Just the fact that he/she uses washi already annoyed me enough, being a man in girl body screams "legal" yuri storyline and awkward "comedy" usually happen in gender bender; really don't wanna read that in novel form. It's not like I'm short on other novel to read anyway. :P

Here's another decent WN from my perspective : ニートだけどハロワにいったら異世界につれてかれた Neet Dakedo Haroniwa Ittara Isekai Nitsure Tekareta
Another neet transported to another world themed fantasy, along with cheat. The differences :
- MC grow up, mentally and physically while retaining his not so powerful cheat early on and the pace is alright, maybe a bit verging on slow.
- MC is somewhere between a realistic coward and dependable, so he has his vulnerable moment and awesome one, though this is a bit scarce.
- He can apply his cheat to people who has minimum required loyalty to him, so his party member, who are all woman, end up getting powerful too. This is one of the few novel where the author succeed on getting other party member matter without derping the MC (too much).
- There's romance and harem, actual one.
Spoiler:

So there's no tired Japanese-style romance trope here.

This has LN which already got to volume 5, so it's considerably popular.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by laon; 2015-01-13 at 04:46.
Old 2015-01-13, 05:28   Link #1097
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

^ you mean even THE WHITE TIGER also member of his harem ??

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 05:50   Link #1098
VooXoo

The guy follows the "A hole is a hole" belief a bit too much.

I started reading the TL of the "Slave Harem etc." novel, I like it, the start is a bit strange but now I want more.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 06:54   Link #1099
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
^ you mean even THE WHITE TIGER also member of his harem ??
Well no, but you can dream of it if you pray enough I guess. :P
Old 2015-01-13, 07:28   Link #1100
tonyorobsky

@Deathstroke
... ... (should I say YES or NO??) ... (There is no good answer for this one) ... ... I don't kow???

@Laon
Both look interesting, I'll try them

@ Riz & VooXoo
Maybe when it level up enough it'll take human form ??

Ideal of pimp life is more interesting than I though!! I just hate the fact that the MC, who got time to prepare before definitly leaving for a different world, only took items of everyday convinience that won't last 3 years instead of things that could prove usefull for longer than that, like mechanics books, medecine books, science books, even the basic ones would be enough... some practical knowledge from earth that could make your life better in the other world... Of course it wouldn't be comparable to what our experts give us, but it would last longer than mere 3 years, especially when you know you will have kids... But no, the guy focused on short time "luxury"... And he is supposed to be an adult that was part of the regular working force of his small company...
He got a whole month to prepare, I would have printed some things about the history of mechanics and medecine, about some technical improvement that got a significant impact in the past...
THAT A THING I CAN'T FORGIVE ABOUT THAT MC!!! RRAAAAAARGH!!!!

Some time ago I had started "Dungeon +Harem +Master", I resumed it for a bit and noticed that it's always like this:
-MC meet a girl
-MC spend some time with the girl (and the girl grow to like him)
-Somebody betray someone else in their surrounding and it affect them
-MC fuck the girl (most of the time)
-Some enemy appear, the MC defeat them
-MC must move away and leave the girl (If he didn't fuck her, at least she is in love with him)
When That happens 3 times in a row it start to get boring... The chapters are long and there are more than a hundred of them, so if this patern last for too long I will drop it

Off topic (a bit), but do you guys know "The Zombie Knight"??? If you don't know I highly recommand it thezombieknight.blogspot (It's not an japanese WN, it's a western one)

Tags
web novel