AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-02, 19:42   Link #101
omegasereon

I read the first 2 chapters of 異世界迷宮で奴隷ハーレムを and it seems interesting. Have you read it before and if you did, can you provide a quick plot summary? All I know is that the guy got sucked into some game world when he wanted to suicide and he was customizing a online character game.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 20:35   Link #102
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Yeah, I read that, 10 or so chapters and stopped, reason: Protagonist is dull, or at least that's my initial impression. The story: The protagonist had enough of his life, so he decided to do a suicide. By chance he discover a site which could "Send the player to a world of game". without second thought, he decided to create his own character and "poof!", there he goes to world of game. At first his mind is hazy, he found himself in a barn, then there's bandits attacking town, he then killed 3 or 4 peoples (his mind still think it's game) however after feeling the real sensation and he can't logout, he decided it's not game (also reminded of the notice before he enter the game world "that he cannot return back"). He then decided to live in this world to the fullest.

I've read to the part where he moved to the big city, and found a Slaves shop, he wanted to buy one but doesn't have enough money. Talking about ability, the protagonist receives: "Ability to read status either people or thing" and "Ability to change class or title" and other game system abilities like opening menu, accessing inventory items, learn, equip and unequip skills, allotting experience points, etc. He also receives bonus items from start (special weapon with high stats). Another impression I got is: icha-icha rom-com?

The protagonist is dull, there's no special thing about him that I like (just my subjective opinion tho'). Well, since this title is published by Hero Bunko, I'm planning to read it again, maybe this time I will found the charm of this title? If you're going to read this, and if its good, please do tell me, so that I have more motivation to read this again.

As for now, this title is in my backlog.
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 20:54   Link #103
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Yeah, I read that, 10 or so chapters and stopped, reason: Protagonist is dull, or at least that's my initial impression. The story: The protagonist had enough of his life, so he decided to do a suicide. By chance he discover a site which could "Send the player to a world of game". without second thought, he decided to create his own character and "poof!", there he goes to world of game. At first his mind is hazy, he found himself in a barn, then there's bandits attacking town, he then killed 3 or 4 peoples (his mind still think it's game) however after feeling the real sensation and he can't logout, he decided it's not game (also reminded of the notice before he enter the game world "that he cannot return back"). He then decided to live in this world to the fullest.

I've read to the part where he moved to the big city, and found a Slaves shop, he wanted to buy one but doesn't have enough money. Talking about ability, the protagonist receives: "Ability to read status either people or thing" and "Ability to change class or title" and other game system abilities like opening menu, accessing inventory items, learn, equip and unequip skills, allotting experience points, etc. He also receives bonus items from start (special weapon with high stats). Another impression I got is: icha-icha rom-com?

The protagonist is dull, there's no special thing about him that I like (just my subjective opinion tho'). Well, since this title is published by Hero Bunko, I'm planning to read it again, maybe this time I will found the charm of this title? If you're going to read this, and if its good, please do tell me, so that I have more motivation to read this again.

As for now, this title is in my backlog.
Ok, thanks!
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 06:25   Link #104
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Original Title: 八男って、それはないでしょう!
Romaji: Hachinan tte, sore ha nai deshou!
Author: Y. A
Illustrator: Fuji Choco (藤ちょこ)
Publisher: MFBooks
Link: Here

Quote:
Ichinomiya Shingo, a young worker of firm company (25th years old, single) while thinking of tomorrow busy working day goes to sleep. However the moment he woke up, it's a room unknown to him. He then learn that he is inside a 6-years-old boy and taking over his mind. He then learn a lot from the memories of the said boy: he was born as the youngest child (8th son and 10th children) of poor noble family living in backcountry. Having no administrative skill, he can't do anything to manage the vast land his family have. Fortunately, he is blessed with a very rare talent, talent of magic. Unfortunately, while his talent could bring prosperity to his family, in his situation it will only brought disaster. Yes, this is the story of the boy, Wendelin Von Benno Baumeister, opening his own path in harsh world.
This is the most complicated Narou title that I have read. Complicated as in hard to tell the value of this title, It's interesting, but also uninteresting. In short this title tell the story of a boy blessed with very rare talent, but is born in difficult situation. Wendelin is the youngest son and was never hoped to be useful to his family. Although a noble, his family are very poor, even though the territory of Baumeister are large, they don't have funds nor manpower to cultivate them, moreover, their land are infested with monsters and dangerous animals. The villagers hate his father, due to his failure that led to their falls. The most fortunate thing Wendelin have is the talent of magic, but... this talent could lead to dispute inside and outside of his family. Therefore, his parents just let him do as he likes (more like, ignoring him) and he hid his talent, living the role of lazy and selfish boy, while preparing himself to set his foot outside the cage.

Fantasy world with monsters and magic. This story are not focused on adventuring, but more on the relationship, conspiracy, and politics of nobles in that world. It has some fighting scenes which unfortunately are not that good. The flow of story is like flat road with small bumps here and there, however it strangely draws you in to keep reading. By the way, at first I was surprised to see that earlier chapter are short in text, and then it get longer and longer and later, the amount text for just one chapter is just...... wow.

Again, I just want to say that this title might be interesting, or uninteresting depending on reader taste, as for me, I guess I like this~

Ah! yeah, this title is gong to be published by MFBooks, and I really really expect a lot from Fuji Choco (Miss Fable of Armas Gibble), I really love her illustration with wonderful setting~

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-04-14 at 12:15.
Old 2014-03-03, 22:46   Link #105
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

^ so its has political issue like madan no ou..??
Old 2014-03-04, 01:29   Link #106
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Yeah, mostly it's about struggle of rights though (property, inheritance, lands, etc). Up until the latest chapter, the other country still haven't make their appearances yet :|

It seems Fujimi fantasia decided to publish titles monthly starting from this march. They already select 6 titles in their lineup (up until August). Can't wait for Konjiki Word Master~!

And finally I found a title which is not the usual templates that I read (but still template on it's own). It still new, so there's not much chapters yet, a sneak peek of the story:

Quote:
Final Quest is a famous VRMMORPG with medieval setting, one of it's player, Yamada Shinichi [Shin First] is watching a battle royale between 4 of his party: magician Mana, elven archer Rule, Thief Mel, and Lancer Akira. they fought to decide who is going to marry Shin's. After the battle, Akira comes out as winner, however... Akira is a guy, and a gay as well. Thinking that it marriage with no love, Shin agreed to the proposal. One week later, Mana, Rule and Mel wanted to marry Shin as well, and Shin entered Bigamy relationship with 4 of them. This anger Akira and another dispute breaks which cost the lives of 107 players. To settle the "Carnage of Love", Shin must choose one of them as his legal "wife" and his first step, is to attend their party first offline meeting.
And impression: typical netoge but more focused on shuraba and comedy (off course~). This kind of title tend to appeal the characters, which in my opinion, is quite fresh.

- Mana traits are "domineering ojousama-tsundere-patient of love-M gap-pettanko"
- Rule traits are "calm oneesan-madly in love-half foreigner-bakunyuu-yandere"
- Mel traits are "innocent youjo-energetic-jailbait"
- Akira traits are "Hentai-cool and manly-bold and daring-gay"

Rule yandere-ness and referee play placed her as the second, while Akira cool but daring advance and hentai gap makes 'him' a great nocturn material which placed 'him' as my number one favorite character of this title. Author is quite good with comedy especially nocturn one which cracked me up, his previous title are also the same, having good comedy (that "yaranaika" is just LOL). Also, his yandere characters are always charming~ I'll be looking forward to his next updates
Old 2014-03-04, 03:00   Link #107
Seitsuki
Onee!

Holy Christ a non harem title? Could it be just maybe the industry can still be saved!?

No? Was worth a shot.
Old 2014-03-04, 03:19   Link #108
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Non harem title eh? There's Magicraft Meister, and then... Arc Encounter, Risou Himo, Immortal X Sword (similar to Berserk I guess?), etc etc
Old 2014-03-05, 19:17   Link #109
bludvein

I've got a rec of my own. Been going down the ranking list to find one that looks interesting, and today I read 異世界で強くなりながらニューゲーム. GT translates this as New Game while becoming strong in another world, which is probably inaccurate, but its the best I've got.

It's not exactly excellent yet, but it is kind of noteworthy for doing something new with a template. The premise is a combination of "summoned to another world" and a "time loop". Obviously neither of the two are new, but I've never seen them combined quite like this. Makoto(the MC) relives the day before his summoning as part of the loop, so he has access to modern books and tools if he can get to them. Despite the possibilities, he doesn't have access to modern weapons, so he is stuck learning the sword and spear for the moment.

There isn't really any happy go lucky harem hijinks if your wondering, at least so far. The time loop just offers the author more cruel ways to kill characters. Its really pretty damn morbid tbh.

EDIT: Oh, here is the link btw. http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5966bz/

EDIT2:
Spoiler for ...:

EDIT3:
Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-03-07 at 22:47.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 04:37   Link #110
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Finally finished reading several titles until the latest chapter.

First: Isekai de Tsuyoku Narinagara New Game, this title is too serious and gloomy (compared to Re:Zero), well, a "good" torture for reader, since we will ask "when he is going to go musou!?".

Spoiler:

Second: Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, the first narou title going to be published by Fujimi Fantasia and released this month. It tells the story of Satou, a staff programmer suddenly entered a world of game... or maybe another world and goes on an adventure there.

Story wise, it's kind of honobono, wandering from city to city, so the pacing of story is kind of slow. Then, is there any plot other than just adventuring? Yes there is, but it revealed slowly. At first I have little bit difficulty reading this, dunno why (maybe it's problem of adjusting to writing style). There are also intermissions and SS that implement the story which is interesting ^_^

Protagonist wise, Satou is a gentlemen, calm and mature. He starts very strong, so there's no complain on his ability. I'm very glad he is a Magic-Knight type~ This guy lacks desire most of time, so it will be hard for girls who locking on him
Spoiler:

Character wise, I think what interest me the most are the personality of the girls around him. Almost all of the main characters are cute and interesting: Alisa, loli shotacon; Lulu, ganbaru-ko; Pochi & Tama, duo energetic kemona; Liza, cool nikudere; Meeya, taciturn kuudere; Nana, innocent girl, etc, etc. I get most of laugh from them. These girls also grows to be strong and helpful to Satou (but of course, Satou is the strongest).

Overall, this title is interesting for adventure type, uum, I guess I'll rate this 7 or 8 out of 10.

Next is latest update from other titles:
Spoiler for Monster Master:

Spoiler for Gun Ota:

Spoiler for Shinka no Mi:

Spoiler for Konjiki WOrd Master:

Well, at least that's for now~
Old 2014-03-09, 06:32   Link #111
Alesio33

About "Master of Monster" who are the Antoganists in this one?
Alesio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 08:35   Link #112
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

No antagonist yet. there is this three character though who raped Miho and Mana, Takahiro killed them. And then there this guy who is his classmate and sit beside him. This classmate of his, tricked Takahiro and tried to kill him, so that he can have his way with Miho (Lily). Takahiro of course, already expected that, and ordered Lily to kill him.
Old 2014-03-09, 09:40   Link #113
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Just noticed the following novel getting serialized. Apparently, it has A LOT of views on Syosetsuka.
Spoiler for Cover of the novel:
Just read the prologue and it sounds a bit like Mushoku Tensei -Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu but way funnier and crazier.
Spoiler for the novel:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 10:23   Link #114
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Aa, megami Shukufuku. I read this title way far before I know about Narou (which makes this is the first narou title I read). I won't say this similar to Mushoku Tensei...but I do agree this is very funny. I ROFLed so much at the prologue (poor Kazuma LOL). Hmm, it's a though choice to choose Aqua, Megumin, or Duckness~~ umumumumumu~~ =_=
Old 2014-03-09, 12:50   Link #115
bludvein

Quote:
Finally finished reading several titles until the latest chapter.

First: Isekai de Tsuyoku Narinagara New Game, this title is too serious and gloomy (compared to Re:Zero), well, a "good" torture for reader, since we will ask "when he is going to go musou!?".

Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2014-03-09, 22:13   Link #116
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-09, 22:25   Link #117
bludvein

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2014-03-09, 22:32   Link #118
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-10, 04:15   Link #119
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Man...can anyone tell me does this web even have the link to see a full list of series? Seeing how little knowledge do i know about Japanese, using the GT is giving me a full headache........
Man how can you guy be so good at japanese? Mind showing me some tips in learning it?
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 07:01   Link #120
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Man...can anyone tell me does this web even have the link to see a full list of series? Seeing how little knowledge do i know about Japanese, using the GT is giving me a full headache........
Man how can you guy be so good at japanese? Mind showing me some tips in learning it?
Some of us are reading Chinese scans(me),some people know Japanese while others use online machine translators.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel