AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-09, 02:50   Link #81
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
志貴(The main character) vs 四季 (sometimes シキ)
Thank you. Can someone tell me the meanings of the different kanji used for their names?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 07:06   Link #82
Rava

I can tell you that the 1st kanji on the latter name means "four"...
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 23:10   Link #83
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

I have a question.

I'm playing the non-ero version and am on chapter 4 or something, but I was wondering who takes place in the, *ehem*, H scenes.

I'd think I'd be able to move out of my house and watch it on my own, since it'd be the first H anything I've ever seen.
Old 2006-12-10, 23:39   Link #84
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Spoiler for About #64:
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 23:56   Link #85
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
Spoiler for About #64:
Ah cool, I'll be looking foward to that when I move out of my parent's house, although I would've loved to see an H scene with Hisui-san or Kohuka-san ^_^.

Edit-WHOAWHOAWOHA, back up a second there...Akiha, isn't she his sister!?, agh, that's just wrong, nomatter how hot she is. >_>

Edi2-AHHH,BAKBAKBAKBAKBA, I missed the H scene with Ciel, god why did I choose the non-ero version!

Last edited by shinobiknight0; 2006-12-11 at 01:49.
shinobiknight0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 04:15   Link #86
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
Spoiler for About #64:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobiknight0 View Post
Ah cool, I'll be looking foward to that when I move out of my parent's house, although I would've loved to see an H scene with Hisui-san or Kohuka-san ^_^.

Edit-WHOAWHOAWOHA, back up a second there...Akiha, isn't she his sister!?, agh, that's just wrong, nomatter how hot she is. >_>

Edi2-AHHH,BAKBAKBAKBAKBA, I missed the H scene with Ciel, god why did I choose the non-ero version!
it's not wrong at all..it's super-kinky and taboo

edit: it's beautiful
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 05:33   Link #87
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

Quote:
Spoiler for Game H.ver Events:
07ChanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 10:27   Link #88
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-11, 14:58   Link #89
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
Spoiler:
Cool, now I'll just install the ero version....ehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ChanF View Post
Spoiler for Game H.ver Events:
Ah, there's more than one. At least that clears up some stuff, thanks. ^_^

Edit-OMG, I love visual novels. I'm a chapter before the end and it's so beautiful, I'm crying so much T_T, the music adds so much and makes me sad somewhat. Even without the H scenes, I get all emotional.

Last edited by shinobiknight0; 2006-12-11 at 23:32.
Old 2006-12-12, 20:01   Link #90
Lambda

Finished the game, and it was excellent. Right up there with Kana and Ever 17. I liked Ciel and Kohaku most at first, but as I played, I thought Akiha and Hisui shone through the brightest, and Arc surpassed my admittedly rather limited expectations too (having liked her the least in the anime). The Hisui true ending
Spoiler for Hisui ending, big spoilers:

I was also rather struck by the rather simple way in which
Spoiler for minor Arcueid spoilers:
And the whole situation with Yumizuka is really sad, and also conveyed a nice feeling of "there's something fundamentally nasty around" when played with raging gales outside!

One thing which came up and bemused me; when I experience any sufficiently good story in non-televisual form and come to a good bit, I have a habit of imagining how good it would be if televised. Which I did many times with this. But of course it has a televisual adaption which I saw a few years ago and found rather forgettable. Which is interesting. I'll have to seek it out and rewatch it now I've played the game, get to compare anime and visual novel versions of a story for the first time.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 02:46   Link #91
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

I was wondering, I jsut got Re-act Melty blood, forgot if there is a seperate thread for it, but is there any patch to make the game in English? And is there any way to change my keyboard settings beside getting a controller?
Old 2006-12-19, 11:50   Link #92
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Thank you. Can someone tell me the meanings of the different kanji used for their names?
They explain the meanings in one of the routes, probably Kohaku's, because it's sort of the complete route. 四季 (SHIKI) means "four seasons" but I can't quite remember 志貴 (Shiki). "Brave determination" or something, I think. Well, "explain" probably isn't the best word, because it's presumably obvious to the Japanese players, but the meanings are mentioned in the translated text at some point.
Quote:
I have a question.

I'm playing the non-ero version and am on chapter 4 or something, but I was wondering who takes place in the, *ehem*, H scenes.
Tsukihime is, at its heart, an H "get the girl" kind of game, although the creators decided to focus more on the story. For this reason, each of the five main girls (Arc, Ciel, Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku) has a route where you choose them as the love interest and have an sex scene with them. Note that the route seems to get set in stone very early (2nd chapter or so) to allow them to actually develop. Most of the other choices are simply ways of hearing different information or not dying. In addition to the romantic (?) sex scenes, there are also a few other random H scenes, such as the ones mentioned above.
Quote:
I was wondering, I jsut got Re-act Melty blood, forgot if there is a seperate thread for it, but is there any patch to make the game in English? And is there any way to change my keyboard settings beside getting a controller?
There is another thread for this. Anyway, I don't think there's a complete English patch out yet and I haven't been able to change the keyboard controls. Sorry.

Last edited by Clarste; 2006-12-19 at 13:25.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 12:09   Link #93
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

It would seem that I am a moron, and I need some advice about how to get on Hisui's path without constantly dying. Major thanks to anyone who can help me get an ending with this lovely character.

Spoiler for my problem:
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 12:44   Link #94
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
It would seem that I am a moron, and I need some advice about how to get on Hisui's path without constantly dying. Major thanks to anyone who can help me get an ending with this lovely character.

Spoiler for my problem:
Spoiler:
If that's completely different from your problem, please ignore me. I got all the endings, but I don't remember the details. If all else fails, trial and error should work. You can start over from the beginning pretty fast if you turn on "skip previously viewed scenes" and remember the basic choices to start Hisui's path.
Spoiler:
Then you just choose everything you didn't choose before.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 23:07   Link #95
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
There is another thread for this. Anyway, I don't think there's a complete English patch out yet and I haven't been able to change the keyboard controls. Sorry.
Ah thanks though. I figured out how to change the controls now.

Whoa, these H scenes are really, disturbing. My first seeing any >_>.

I love it.

Last edited by shinobiknight0; 2006-12-21 at 01:03.
Old 2006-12-22, 07:15   Link #96
Question
Crossdresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post

Spoiler for my problem:
To get hisui :

1. Meet with satsuki after school(a MUST if you want to get on the far side of the moon routes, the akiha/hisui/kohaku routes)

2.When you are on the way home, think about the cheerful girl

3.Spend as much time with hisui as possible

The DNM ending is way too ahead in arcueid/ciel's route. For that day in those routes, if you go to school you will die.

You guys could always run the installer again and select to install the flowchart under "Extras". It will explain clearly how to get -every- scence in the game.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-26, 01:09   Link #97
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Found another easter egg! Though I'm not certain if this is an easter egg planted by Mirror Moon or Type-Moon.

It is much longer than that, and well worth enjoying, so set your system clock to check it out if you weren't disappointing Ciel by playing the game, like I was.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-30, 05:54   Link #98
luckyovermind
hungry~

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but does anybody know how to run tsukihime in full screen mode? The words are too tiny for me ><

EDIT: sorry, problem solved, Control + F ><

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2006-12-30 at 05:56. Reason: problem solved
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 02:01   Link #99
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Actually you can leave off the control key and just type f.

Old 2007-01-01, 09:16   Link #100
luckyovermind
hungry~

Wow, thanks, that saves me from skipping a lot of text in the game XD