AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-08-24, 12:24   Link #2201
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn
It's very easy to miss things when you view it @ work while you rebuild servers.

P.s. it was about 30% reading, 10% saving & uploading translated comics, 60% skimming thumbnails for Tsuruya pics.
The important question is, of course, did you rename all the servers in your network after Haruhi characters?

(about two years ago during a network overhaul ... all my home office computers went from LOTR characters to "favorite anime women" names ... I guess its good to be king)
Old 2006-08-24, 12:42   Link #2202
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
There's a fair amount of crap doujin and fanart out there ... and some of it has been posted here --- I'd say show a little more selectivity before "sharing" poorly drawn art ... ... some selective culling never hurts.
I do try to filter what I post here, except while someone might find a certain image appealing, another might not.
Opinions vary, so I usually post a range of of images.

Although I do tend to include a WTF!? image now and then. :x

Quote:
Back on topic, anyone have any 1900x1200 Haruhi (Preferably Tsuruya) wallpapers?

Im getting a new Dell Inspiron 9400 Next week with a 1900x1200 Native UXGA+ 17" Widescreen display =D

Kind of a 21st B-Day Present to myself!
I just did some crops of the Tsuruya and Mikuru scan.

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 13:31   Link #2203
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
There's a fair amount of crap doujin and fanart out there ... and some of it has been posted here --- I'd say show a little more selectivity before "sharing" poorly drawn art ... ... some selective culling never hurts.
People never get better & art without constructive feedback on thier work. If we filter out all the crap, then nobody could ever see it to say "woah that leg looks wierd"

As for the fact that most of the 'crap doujin' here is re-linked and not poster-made, it's the story that counts, not the art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
I just did some crops of the Tsuruya and Mikuru scan.

I <3 YOU!

I will prolly be making some of them myself, ill make sure to post them.

Quote:
The important question is, of course, did you rename all the servers in your network after Haruhi characters?

(about two years ago during a network overhaul ... all my home office computers went from LOTR characters to "favorite anime women" names ... I guess its good to be king)
My Computers are all named after Love Hina Names, my favorite anime of all time.

My main pc @ home is 'hinata' with main user being 'Keitaro'

My file server is toudai (the wealth of knowledge / data ~_^) with a login on Narusegawa.

I think My new laptop might just have to be called Tsuruya with a login screen featuring haruhi!
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 13:54   Link #2204
arias

Quote:
People never get better & art without constructive feedback on thier work. If we filter out all the crap, then nobody could ever see it to say "woah that leg looks wierd"

As for the fact that most of the 'crap doujin' here is re-linked and not poster-made, it's the story that counts, not the art.
Oh, but there are so many more artists who don't take criticism well. "Please be kind", "don't be hard on me" blah blah blah. Eat shit, bastards! : p Sorry, I'm just one of those who prefer to take things on fully rather then be some sort of emo-goo chasing for and lapping up praise like a puppy. And I'm talking about even constructive criticism here.. not flames.

Plus, if your point was constructive criticism, then it's not really relevant to this picture thread. We post art found randomly across the net, and hardly any of the artists frequent this board.. as a result, posting only the creme would have no positive or negative effect on the artists whatsoever. Some people like C.A. do post their own art, and I think people do give him some sort of constructive feedback. As for the rest of the art, which are mostly Japanese-drawn, I don't see why posting only the best and filtering out the worst would have any effect on the artist...

I think Vexx wasn't talking about the "story" when he was being selective in the art quality for single frame arts. Single frame pictures don't have much of a story, and you're confusing the two things Only doujins have significant amounts of story that are essential to their quality, and of course, those would be judged on their narratives as well... that's quite obvious. But a more mature view would be that despite story being important in doujins, art is similarly integral to the telling of the stories.. I would much prefer seeing detailed, beautifully drawn characters on a rich background than single black pixels on a white background acting out a doujin plot. Be holistic.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 14:06   Link #2205
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Oh, but there are so many more artists who don't take criticism well. "Please be kind", "don't be hard on me" blah blah blah. Eat shit, bastards! : p Sorry, I'm just one of those who prefer to take things on fully rather then be some sort of emo-goo chasing for and lapping up praise like a puppy. And I'm talking about even constructive criticism here.. not flames.

Plus, if your point was constructive criticism, then it's not really relevant to this picture thread. We post art found randomly across the net, and hardly any of the artists frequent this board.. as a result, posting only the creme would have no positive or negative effect on the artists whatsoever. Some people like C.A. do post their own art, and I think people do give him some sort of constructive feedback. As for the rest of the art, which are mostly Japanese-drawn, I don't see why posting only the best and filtering out the worst would have any effect on the artist...

I think Vexx wasn't talking about the "story" when he was being selective in the art quality for single frame arts. Single frame pictures don't have much of a story, and you're confusing the two things Only doujins have significant amounts of story that are essential to their quality, and of course, those would be judged on their narratives as well... that's quite obvious. But a more mature view would be that despite story being important in doujins, art is similarly integral to the telling of the stories.. I would much prefer seeing detailed, beautifully drawn characters on a rich background than single black pixels on a white background acting out a doujin plot. Be holistic.
Understood, however keep in mind that everyone's view of "beautiful" is different. Some people may think the pic is decent @ least where you and I might think it sucks. Belive me, i'm very picky when it comes to image quality. Hell, some of the OFFICIAL styles make me gag.

Let me outline an example:

Spoiler for Example Pic #1:

I think this picture is horrible art quality, I personally would not keep this, but I have (and im sure you have) seen worse. However some around here may find it 'cute' and blatantly ignore the art quality.

Sometimes that serves a purpose, and like Vexx I would rather not have pics like this. (Churuya-chan is an exception ~_^) However I was mainly commenting on his way of explaining it... It was a bit harsh especially when people's Opinions are different.
Old 2006-08-24, 14:07   Link #2206
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Oh! Riker, I can't look closely right now (cuz im @ work) but is Tsuruya's fang visible in that scan?

Last edited by ReAn; 2006-08-24 at 14:34.
Old 2006-08-24, 14:24   Link #2207
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
think this picture is horrible art quality, I personally would not keep this, but I have (and im sure you have) seen worse. However some around here may find it 'cute' and blatantly ignore the art quality.

Sometimes that serves a purpose, and like Vexx I would rather not have pics like this. (Churuya-chan is an exception ~_^) However I was mainly commenting on his way of explaining it... It was a bit harsh especially when people's Opinions are different
its supposed to be a parody of the result of the voting competition
it doenst always have to be a great quality pic
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 14:33   Link #2208
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana
I know, I was giving an example, I took one glance and moved on... that was my point. Different people, different opinions.

Anyway, your post really only further's my original statements, frankly if I don't like a pic I keep on going, I dont mind them being posted here cuz some people may find something about them to like, whatever it may be.

For example a parody of the result of the voting competition

Last edited by ReAn; 2006-08-24 at 14:48.
Old 2006-08-24, 15:01   Link #2209
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Old 2006-08-24, 15:02   Link #2210
arias

Quote:
Understood, however keep in mind that everyone's view of "beautiful" is different. Some people may think the pic is decent @ least where you and I might think it sucks. Belive me, i'm very picky when it comes to image quality. Hell, some of the OFFICIAL styles make me gag.
Oh yah, if you're talking about subjectivity I have no problems with that. We can all think of each other as having poor taste though ; )
Old 2006-08-24, 15:13   Link #2211
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Indeed. Sometimes the concept is more important than the execution - i.e. a good idea can sometimes excuse mediocre art.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 15:20   Link #2212
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Oh yah, if you're talking about subjectivity I have no problems with that. We can all think of each other as having poor taste though ; )
seconded that

anyway another pic
btw does someone have a clear version of this pic ?

Old 2006-08-24, 15:23   Link #2213
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed, its a taste issue ... I just have to admit that when I see a semi-clothed rendition of a character that looks like it was drawn in about 30 seconds on a restroom wall by someone who is clueless on boob anatomy and people respond "ooh sexy"
... it makes my head hurt.

And yes, I've seen horrid "canon" work (apparently the folks at Navel thought the demon girl Nerine had helium injectable boobs ... contradicting their own stats for her on some pics).

@ReAn: I thought about using Love Hina as a "server pantheon" but my configuration changes too often so I just settled for "favorite characters"
Old 2006-08-24, 16:03   Link #2214
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
@ReAn: I thought about using Love Hina as a "server pantheon" but my configuration changes too often so I just settled for "favorite characters"
Ah, but you get real creative if you name them so thier perfomance matches thier bust ~_^.

I.e:
The Dual Zeon 3.8 w/ 2gb ram and 1TB HDD is Mikuru
The Dual Zeon 2.5 w/ 1gb ram and 500gb is Haruhi
The Single Zeon 3.0 w/ 1gb ram and 200gb is Yuki

~_^

Roar! I'm a pervert... yes...

Spoiler for The Real Me:
Old 2006-08-24, 16:28   Link #2215
arias

Quote:
Ah, but you get real creative if you name them so thier perfomance matches thier bust ~_^.

I.e:
The Dual Zeon 3.8 w/ 2gb ram and 1TB HDD is Mikuru
The Dual Zeon 2.5 w/ 1gb ram and 500gb is Haruhi
The Single Zeon 3.0 w/ 1gb ram and 200gb is Yuki

~_^

Roar! I'm a pervert... yes...

Spoiler for The Real Me:
That bust-performance configuration is basically a parallel for OS-tans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OS-tans), where each OS has an avatar that represents features of the OS. It's created by the Japanese community. For e.g., Windows XP, being a resource hog and such, is portrayed with big buubs and is often pictured as eating in her scenes (cumbersome + always asking for more resources).. quite cute actually ; )

Plus perverts are welcome here. Heck, you'll get along perfectly with C.A.
Old 2006-08-24, 16:35   Link #2216
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
seconded that

anyway another pic
btw does someone have a clear version of this pic ?

I don't have a textless version, but I have one with larger resolutions.

Quote:
Oh! Riker, I can't look closely right now (cuz im @ work) but is Tsuruya's fang visible in that scan?
Yes.

Btw didn't the Yuki vs Ryoko fight prove that performance is inversely proportional to bust size?
Or at least it applys to Humanoid Interfaces
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-24, 16:43   Link #2217
arias

Quote:
Btw didn't the Yuki vs Ryoko fight prove that performance is inversely proportional to bust size?
If Haruhi is truly god, or has god-like powers, then it proves true the old proverb "the middle way is the best way"..
Old 2006-08-24, 16:48   Link #2218
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
They always did say good things come in small packages. I guess Yuki is fitted with a futuristic 'shuttle board'

Spoiler:

Mind you my memory is fuzzy... i should re-watch. Too much DS9 to get through 1st tho
Old 2006-08-24, 17:00   Link #2219
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Back on topic:

Anyone have a version of this pic without the border & background (and preferably not clipping her hair ^_^):
(danm, ive had to edit this 6 times to say that right...)

Old 2006-08-24, 17:03   Link #2220
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well I name my computers on my network after AIR characters.
On that fanart, it's ok I suppose since it does make one think of what... Haruhi would have done... to chibi Reinforce... (I am quite torn over that round).

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images