Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-04-28, 07:44   Link #201
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Usopp going back to the blonde girl back in his hometown and after few years they have an army of small Usopps telling stupid lies xD
Aaaw, that would be awesome!

And Usopp x Nami.. nah.. Nami likes Powerful and rich men. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Can't be 100% sure but I think Sanji and Usopp have weared it couple of times
Yes, but Nami was the first.
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 13:51   Link #202
mtarzaim

As strange as it sounds like, I also think the most probable partner for Nami is Usopp.
They're ordinary people. They're cowards. They're realistic. They're smart.
They work mostly together, in battle or exploration, in anime or movie.

Like it was pointed previously, the movie 6 has an interesting twist in the NamixUsopp pairing. It was the first time EVER Nami slapped someone. She usually punches ... ^^
It was cunning from the director, because that's showed how Nami specifically think about Usopp, without saying it clearly.
Why bother animating such a scene, if it hadn't some hints behind ?

Nami was also relieved when Usopp got back on the Thousand Sunny, and was as depressed as Luffy (LuffyxUsopp o.0 ?! ) when he was away.

The scene when she was holding him after he was robbed from the 200 Millions is also interesting. Usopp has nothing less than confessed to Nami how weak he was, and how poorly he's thinking of himself. Would he have expressed it to anyone else in the crew ? The answer is no IMO ...

His confession obviously hits Nami's spot, as she couldn't have done better than him in this situation (and the fact she designed Usopp to take care of the lugages, turning him into walking target ^^ ).

So I think Nami relates a lot more to Usopp than to any other member of the crew, because of their ordinary potential, which would probably lead to a romantic relation. They're just to busy to think about it right now.
Plus, Usopp would be the perfect sidekick of a cat burglar. Easily manipulated but trustful, always scared but loyal. Any crime genius has a coward but faithful follower ...

The UsoppxKayla pairing may be natural, but I suspect Oda to use her death as a trigger for Usopp's final powerup. That girl has "victim" written in big on her face.

Zoro will obviously end up with Tashigi (I bet she's really Kuina, because anime characters who hurt the back of their head don't die, but loose memory ).

Sanji will stay single, because no woman would accept to see him rushing to every damsel in distress (or not ^^ ).

Luffy is in love with adventures. Plus, it couldn't fit the character if he choosed to face deadly dangerous people with his dear wife on his side.

And about Robin, well sorry guys, but we've just been beated by a 90% naked cyborg (Yes, Franky ! ^^ ).
You know, the 90-10 rule (see Bamboo Blade for visual demonstration)

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 16:50   Link #203
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

because it would be weird if people in the crew started dating. i mean comon does romance sound like one piece to you
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 20:55   Link #204
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
As strange as it sounds like, I also think the most probable partner for Nami is Usopp.
They're ordinary people. They're cowards. They're realistic. They're smart.
They work mostly together, in battle or exploration, in anime or movie.

Like it was pointed previously, the movie 6 has an interesting twist in the NamixUsopp pairing. It was the first time EVER Nami slapped someone. She usually punches ... ^^
It was cunning from the director, because that's showed how Nami specifically think about Usopp, without saying it clearly.
Why bother animating such a scene, if it hadn't some hints behind ?

Nami was also relieved when Usopp got back on the Thousand Sunny, and was as depressed as Luffy (LuffyxUsopp o.0 ?! ) when he was away.

The scene when she was holding him after he was robbed from the 200 Millions is also interesting. Usopp has nothing less than confessed to Nami how weak he was, and how poorly he's thinking of himself. Would he have expressed it to anyone else in the crew ? The answer is no IMO ...

His confession obviously hits Nami's spot, as she couldn't have done better than him in this situation (and the fact she designed Usopp to take care of the lugages, turning him into walking target ^^ ).

So I think Nami relates a lot more to Usopp than to any other member of the crew, because of their ordinary potential, which would probably lead to a romantic relation. They're just to busy to think about it right now.
Plus, Usopp would be the perfect sidekick of a cat burglar. Easily manipulated but trustful, always scared but loyal. Any crime genius has a coward but faithful follower ...

The UsoppxKayla pairing may be natural, but I suspect Oda to use her death as a trigger for Usopp's final powerup. That girl has "victim" written in big on her face.
You have a strange way of understanding love hints....

First of all, you are paring them just because they have similar behaviors? Most of the cases you see couples that have opposite personalities at the beginning but somehow end up in love at the end.
The characteristics that u mentioned were coward, ordinary and smart? They might be more ordinary than Luffy and Zoro if you only think about fighting skills. Nami is like the best navigator out there and Ussop is supposed to be better at marksmanship than his father.
Also.. i admit Ussop is a coward but I wouldn't say the same of Nami. She might over react a bit but... come on... she is a girl after all. Also i dont recall Nami actually running away when fighting for her dream or nakamas. And she definitly proved herself when fighting CP9 and the marines that she isnt weak.

About your other assumptions... i really cant see the "hints" between Ussop and Nami. Nami was never moved by any of Ussop's actions.

And last thing... In case you didn't notice, what was it that made Merry more important to Ussop than everyone else in the crew? That was because it was a gift from Kayla. A memory from his home. And he even mentioned something about "Merry being the proof of his adventures when he gets back to Kayla and tells her his stories". And about Kayla dying because of her weak body... i mean.. it is ONE PIECE we are talking about. You can be slashed by Zoro's more powerful atk, loose 5 lt of blood and still be pin pin the next day -.-

Well i guess i made my point... The last person Nami would end up is Ussop.
If by some crazy chance, they decide to add some romance to ONE PIECE, the only possibilities for Nami would be Luffy or Sanji. The only reason Sanji would have some chance is because of those filler episodes showing Sanji and Nami as the owners of that little restaurant.

But i still prefer Luffy / Nami, Zoro / Takashi, Robin falling for Zoro too and Ussop returning to Kayla.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 03:24   Link #205
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
You have a strange way of understanding love hints....

The characteristics that u mentioned were coward, ordinary and smart? They might be more ordinary than Luffy and Zoro if you only think about fighting skills. Nami is like the best navigator out there and Ussop is supposed to be better at marksmanship than his father.
Did it really help against "ordinary" foes ?
Neither against Kuro, nor against Arlong. Without Luffy and Co, Usopp would be a dead liar and Nami still enslaved. And those bosses are the weakest of the show ...
But don't misunderstand me.
Those two have some great abilities. They're just ordinary compared to their monster-like nakamas.

Quote:

Also.. i admit Ussop is a coward but I wouldn't say the same of Nami. She might over react a bit but... come on... she is a girl after all. Also i dont recall Nami actually running away when fighting for her dream or nakamas. And she definitly proved herself when fighting CP9 and the marines that she isnt weak.
Robin never freaks out ... ^^
Every time a monster appears, a mountain is blown, a big ship approaches, what do we see ?
Usopp and Nami (and Chopper) freaking out like hell.
Of course, it's for comedy purpose. And Usopp is clearly the one who gets the goose bumps the most. But those are normal reactions.
The SH face incredible foes and uncanny odds. Without half the crew freaking out, the viewer could minimize the real danger.
The fact that Usopp (and Nami) go hide themselves in the background, letting Zoro and Sanji do the battle jobs is more or less like running away.
Nami even teamed up with Eneru to save her cute ass.
Again, it isn't a flaw for me. A character can cry or betray from fear as long as he can find the courage to overcome it. And that's Usopp and Nami's ways.

Quote:

About your other assumptions... i really cant see the "hints" between Ussop and Nami. Nami was never moved by any of Ussop's actions.
Because unlike the top crew members, Usopp true fights are "private".
Only Chopper did see what he can do when he's got the guts (VS No4).
Usopp did also quite well against Luffy, surprising the others, even if Luffy wasn't dead serious.
In CP9, Nami was more worried about Usopp against the werewolf, than about soaped Sanji. Luffy aside, Nami cried the most because of Usopp.
The only hint for a NamixSanji is the "Baka" scene when Sanji explains he can't harm a woman no matter the situation. (btw, I LOVE Sanji as a character, perfect balance between coolness and wackyness ).
The strength of Usopp isn't battle related anyway.
As Nami, that's Usopp's personnality who does the job : a little man doing little miracles. In that perspective, he's more reachable, more humanly loveable than Luffy or Sanji.

It's the superhero syndrome : Love is based on equality. How would you be happy if, no matter how hard you try, your super-partner will do it better without a sweat. Sooner or later, you will develop an inferiority complex, wondering yourself if you're really worthy of his/her love, if you're not just another pain in his/her ass, if his/her love is just pity.

Nami needs someone in her league, someone she can relate to.
Usopp doesn't look after danger or doesn't hide his doubts behind a psycho smile.
He's plain sincere in his actions (on the contrary of his speak, full of liars ! ^^ )
He's after an ordinary dream : to become an honorable person.
What Nami needs the most is someone loyal to her, who will follow her but not blindly, with enough common sense to stop her if she takes the wrong decision.
Bluntly said, she needs someone "not stronger" than her (she's got her pride too).

Quote:

And last thing... In case you didn't notice, what was it that made Merry more important to Ussop than everyone else in the crew? That was because it was a gift from Kayla. A memory from his home. And he even mentioned something about "Merry being the proof of his adventures when he gets back to Kayla and tells her his stories". And about Kayla dying because of her weak body... i mean.. it is ONE PIECE we are talking about. You can be slashed by Zoro's more powerful atk, loose 5 lt of blood and still be pin pin the next day -.-
I agree with that.
More than a gift, Merry was an extension of Kayla.
Protecting Merry = protecting Kayla for Usopp. His double failure (unable to protect the money and unable to take good care of Merry) was a hard hit.
As long as Kayla (or Kaya, I'm not sure) is here, Usopp won't look elsewhere.
And I didn't say Kayla would die from disease.
Since she is a good girl, and eventualy becomes a doctor, she will be in the frontlines between Pirate and Marine wars. She will surely try to heal everyone, not matter the side, which will highly desplease both.
So I foresee a more violent end ... Bellemere style ?

Quote:

Well i guess i made my point... The last person Nami would end up is Ussop.
If by some crazy chance, they decide to add some romance to ONE PIECE, the only possibilities for Nami would be Luffy or Sanji. The only reason Sanji would have some chance is because of those filler episodes showing Sanji and Nami as the owners of that little restaurant.

But i still prefer Luffy / Nami, Zoro / Takashi, Robin falling for Zoro too and Ussop returning to Kayla.
I see One piece like a less psychotic HunterXHunter.
Same original world, some over-the-top battles, same archetype-but-not-that-much characters. Since surprising couples are the norm in Togashi world, I wouldn't be surprised if that rule applies in Oda story.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 11:22   Link #206
Nobushige

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
Because unlike the top crew members, Usopp true fights are "private".
Only Chopper did see what he can do when he's got the guts (VS No4).
Usopp did also quite well against Luffy, surprising the others, even if Luffy wasn't dead serious.
In CP9, Nami was more worried about Usopp against the werewolf, than about soaped Sanji. Luffy aside, Nami cried the most because of Usopp.
The only hint for a NamixSanji is the "Baka" scene when Sanji explains he can't harm a woman no matter the situation. (btw, I LOVE Sanji as a character, perfect balance between coolness and wackyness ).
The strength of Usopp isn't battle related anyway.
As Nami, that's Usopp's personnality who does the job : a little man doing little miracles. In that perspective, he's more reachable, more humanly loveable than Luffy or Sanji.
nami more worried about usopp because nami knows that usopp is weak.

for luffy and sanji, nami wouldn't need to worry about them cuz she knows how strong they are.........
Nobushige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 21:14   Link #207
x happy ending
loves nick :3

Send a message via AIM to x happy ending
as simple as.. Nami doesn't like him back..

she isn't the 'romantic' type.

she's the 'sex them up then steal ther money when they're not looking.'

aka evil.
x happy ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 21:16   Link #208
x happy ending
loves nick :3

Send a message via AIM to x happy ending
Quote:
Originally Posted by x happy ending View Post
as simple as.. Nami doesn't like him back..

she isn't the 'romantic' type.

she's the 'sex them up then steal ther money when they're not looking.'

aka evil.
give nami some credit though.. i mean, i love sanji, he's my favorite character. but he tries to hard, and sometimes that's annoying and creepy.

Luffy ACTUALLY risked his life for her, when sanji just sits there drooling over her. and Usopp is closer to Nami because in a way they are both like each other.

So i think she's more attracted to Luffy or Usopp. Well.. not attracted.. just, closer.
x happy ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 19:45   Link #209
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Luffy noticing Nami?
No, please don't.
I don't want One Piece turning as the typical "main character- friendly girl" case in the Shonen. That's why I want Nami alone, Sanji alone, and Luffy even more alone. It would suck big time if he started dating Nami.
You're a cheapskate you know that? Personally I'm rooting for Luffy x Nami. The Sanji x Nami thing would not work out. In fact, why don't we try and see in the manga and/or anime which male should go with which female? Call me a Monkey D. Dragon if you like but I happen to have plans to make decendants of the Strawhat crew once One Piece is over.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 20:10   Link #210
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

because sanji's character was made to be a goofy lovebird that just cant get it... a perfect example would be brock from pokemon

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 17:20   Link #211
benjamin yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by addams View Post
Lol, sorry to destroy your dream about Usopp.

Face the fact, that dude is a trash compared to the other guys of the crew.

He's a nice guy, of course, but more a follower than a leader.

More a side kick than a hero.

More a loser than a winner.

And by the way, i'm a girl, not a guy.
failed~~ plz rewatch the manga or anime all over again! this time forcus more on usopp~~
benjamin yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 18:53   Link #212
Stop

Nah I think it's gonna be luffy/Nami I see it going something like this
After They find one piece Luffy just says something random like "Wanna marry me?" Nami "Sure"With a laugh or something
Sanji devotes himself to any girl so its not hard seeing him getting another one
Zoro and tashigi? sorry I don't know her name and ussop already has kaya. Chopper is the one I worry about how will he raise his raindeer kids?
Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 00:56   Link #213
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop View Post
Nah I think it's gonna be luffy/Nami I see it going something like this
After They find one piece Luffy just says something random like "Wanna marry me?" Nami "Sure"With a laugh or something
Sanji devotes himself to any girl so its not hard seeing him getting another one
Zoro and tashigi? sorry I don't know her name and ussop already has kaya. Chopper is the one I worry about how will he raise his reindeer kids?
Here's how I would see it:

Luffy and Nami (definite)
Zoro and Tashigi (if they know more about each other)
Usopp and Kaya (if they ever meet again)
Sanji and Robin (possible; depends on how the story goes)
Chopper (I'm not sure )
Franky (who knows? )
Brook (I'd like to see if he can get a date after all his years )
Old 2008-08-16, 16:11   Link #214
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Here's how I would see it:

Luffy and Nami (definite)
Zoro and Tashigi (if they know more about each other)
Usopp and Kaya (if they ever meet again)
Sanji and Robin (possible; depends on how the story goes)
Chopper (I'm not sure )
Franky (who knows? )
Brook (I'd like to see if he can get a date after all his years )
There is no "definite". There's probably not gonna be romance anyway. They're already in love with their adventure like Oda said.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 18:56   Link #215
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
There is no "definite". There's probably not gonna be romance anyway. They're already in love with their adventure like Oda said.
Oh sure, spoil the moment will ya? (cat growls) I'm trying to make this solution work out so I can create the decendants I've been working on for the Strawhat crew.
Old 2008-08-17, 02:17   Link #216
AdventSleeper

Quote:
Oh sure, spoil the moment will ya? (cat growls) I'm trying to make this solution work out so I can create the decendants I've been working on for the Strawhat crew.

Hahaha... descendants..

That would actually be pretty funny to imagine. Never really thought of that... huh.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 14:13   Link #217
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Hahaha... descendants..

That would actually be pretty funny to imagine. Never really thought of that... huh.
Indeed, I have quite the imagination. These descendents live in a time centuries after the story timeline of One Piece.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:15   Link #218
Darklsins
Gomu Gumo no Kick UR @$$

Send a message via MSN to Darklsins
Quote:
Luffy noticing Nami?
No, please don't.
I don't want One Piece turning as the typical "main character- friendly girl" case in the Shonen. That's why I want Nami alone, Sanji alone, and Luffy even more alone. It would suck big time if he started dating Nami.
i dont think theres anything wrong with that but I agree on one thing I Hope One Piece ends with No definite pairings ... just end it with them all being a Family and let the fans Believe what they want...

cause IMO if OP does end with a Definite pairing its gonna be a true let down to all the fans who supported a different paring so yea i rather have OP end with the whole "Family and Adventure" Tone

Tho I do like the Nami/Luffy Fan Pairing i dont wish to see it in the anime or manga

and I also noticed alot of people saying things like

Quote:
This is not a Romance Eiichiro Oda stated that there will be no Romance...
but in the end i hope (Insert Character Pairing here) ends up together...
Kinda annoys me when people say that

why must someone pair up with someone in the end???
as I stated I do like NamiXLuffy but I surely dont want any kind of Pairing in the end...

Ending One Piece with the whole Gang Sailing the seas is how this anime/manga should end ...

leave the pairings to Imagination
Darklsins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 20:46   Link #219
Rainbowman

So enough about pairings, let's discuss about Nami's worst moments. Namely what are the worst things that have happened to Nami that you really hate to have experienced. I've seen things that had happen to Nami that I didn't like and had hurt feelings. One day, when I become famous as a writer, an actor, a director, and a producer, I'd like to express those feelings with characters of my own design.
Old 2008-11-05, 10:29   Link #220
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
So enough about pairings, let's discuss about Nami's worst moments. Namely what are the worst things that have happened to Nami that you really hate to have experienced. I've seen things that had happen to Nami that I didn't like and had hurt feelings. One day, when I become famous as a writer, an actor, a director, and a producer, I'd like to express those feelings with characters of my own design.
On Thriller Bark, when Absolam had her in the shower, I honestly started freaking out thinking Oda would actually let one of his characters get raped right on panel.
It didn't go that far, but the fact that he actually showed her being sexually assaulted scared the shit out of me. Now those guys who do hentai doujins have concrete material to base themselves on.

On to a new topic; I'm quite pleased with Nami's character development throughout the series. I personally feels she's one of the character's who's grown the most in terms of outlook with the possible exception of Usopp.
To me, Nami has always been the picture figure of the phrase "independent woman"(at least until Robin up-staged her) and seeing her in particular start to rely and depend on her crew was a real moment in the story and one that's kept growing throughout the crew's adventures.

The fact that she's become a part of regular combat is a nice touch as well.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote