AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 05:22   Link #261
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Takanashi's dilemma about his height. The reason why he likes small things.
I thought Souma is scary but Inami is scarier. Beat to a pulp.
edit: Observing:
Kyouko weak to Satou (food) weak to Yachiyo (love) weak to Kyouko
Katanashi weak to Poplar (small) weak to Souma(threats) weak to Inami(beat up) weak to Katanashi (like' embarassment).
I really like this cycle between characters.

And maybe I have the same problem of Katanashi cause I'm short, I like small things too.
Old 2010-04-27, 06:06   Link #262
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm pretty sure Souma has some pretty nasty intentions, but it's hidden. He's your everyday fox-eyed supervillain, and like the best of them, hides it and doesn't even realize his intentions. He is one step above Izaya!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 08:18   Link #263
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I kind of agree so far - or, at least, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at present. I get the feeling that Souma himself doesn't actually think he's gone ahead with his "persuasion" threat so far, but his personality makes him want to have as much information as possible about the people he interacts with...

I mean, if he really wanted to use all that information to "persuade" people, he probably wouldn't have tried suggesting anything to Yachiyo, because any normal person could probably tell that it just wouldn't have the right effect. Rather than being manipulative like Izaya, he seems to be more of an interesting take on the KY phenomenon...

p.s. I think she hit him over twenty times in that scene...
With Souma I'm not sure. I'm sure in part he is doing it intentionally. Unless he is truly unable to figure out the connection between talking to others and his job getting done. True that things didn't seem to go to his expectations when talking to Yachiyo about Satou. With him it's tough to be sure if he's just that clueless or if he's just putting up that mask and fooling around with people. Could be a mix, but either way the results can be dangerous if he messes with the wrong people. I lean toward intentional with pretty blatant blackmail being used against Souta earlier in the episode.

Yeah think I counted about 22 shots to the face during that short period. Though depends if you want to count the one punch that happened by accidentally running into each other. Either way that's a lot of damage for Souma who probably isn't that durable .

But wow Yachiyo is pretty dangerous. Going around after people who were interested in Kyoko....I hope they survived.
Old 2010-04-27, 09:49   Link #264
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Damn Souma is going to hell if he keeps this up but dear god this guy is the information manipulator king. But karma is a bitch Inami tore that face of his up twice. The guy is deathly afraid of her and for good reason. Takanashi can take the hits because of the abuse he gets from sisters. But Souma's not use to physical violence hes more of a mental guy.

One good thing (besides watching Souma get punched) came out of his conversation with Takanashi. I had not noticed that every since he commented on her hairpin she has been changing it everyday. Thats way too cute for Inami and she turned a red iv never seen before . Im impressed that she finally able to give Takanashi a V-day chocolate even though it took one jab to the face before she could do it and her explanation was brilliant. "I didnt hit you because i hate men i hit you to cover up my own embarrassment."

There are several clues to why it looks they are going to pursue a Takanashi x Inami romance. Actually, they are kind of perfect for one another after looking at their interactions and seeing Takanashi's sister nailed it for me. Hes so use to be abused by his sisters that the beatings he gets from Inami are nothing along with personality. Sometimes men picked woman who are like their mothers or sisters and since Takanashi's mother is always working the female influences in his life are sisters.

Takanshi is good for Inami as well. She is gradually getting use to being around him not all men but him. She needs someone who can put up with her ultra Androphobia and hes the perfect one. Also, it seems for the first time she actually likes a male which is a big step for her. To let him help her with studying without punching was a big leap. Inami is very cute however shes not short lol so thats a draw back for her. I think they were make a very nice and dysfunctional couple over time im sure her punches would reduce to times where she gets startled.

Takanshi sisters except for the youngest one are evil i mean damn being the only male must suck and those pictures dear god those pictures of him dressed like a girl lol. Who hits their brother with a law book? the answer is a crazy lawyer lol. Im sure we will be seeing more them especially the drunk lol.

All i can say is i feel so sorry for Satou hes basically the only normal one. He just happens to have feelings for the one of the oddest ones lol.
Old 2010-04-27, 12:34   Link #265
Casshern

Souma isn't doing it unintentionally. He said he gathers information to "persuade" people to do favors for him. The information he gave to Takanashi was a reward for placating Inami, which allowed him to get a little closer to her. He knows exactly what he's doing with the information he gathers, and so does everyone else at wagnaria. The only ones thrown off are the viewers due to his kind expression.

Would have been interesting to see him interact with Kyoko.

After ep4 Inami is my second fav female, after Poplar, and Sato my fav male character. Poor Sato, he's the one character almost any guy can relate to.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 14:52   Link #266
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Would have been interesting to see him interact with Kyoko.
They're probably a lot like his interactions with Inami.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 16:36   Link #267
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
They're probably a lot like his interactions with Inami.
awkward and full of violence but ungodly funny to the spectator.
Old 2010-04-27, 22:23   Link #268
ZODDGUTS

Woah at the DVD sales for Vol 1 of Working!! 14,391 sold. Had a feeling it was going to do well because the manga sales also jumped up. The first DVD volume sold more than 3 times than the first DVD volume of So-Ra-No-Wo-To did.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-april-19-26

Edit: It's also the 2nd best first volume DVD debut for A-1 Pictures. Ookiku Furikabutte did around 20k while Kannagi did around 11k.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 22:28   Link #269
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
The first DVD volume sold more than 3 times than the first DVD volume of So-Ra-No-Wo-To did.
How is that related to the topic? The shows are in somewhat different genres, and there are other factors to consider - such as WORKING!! being based on a source with an existing fanbase, the DVD being cheaper since it only contained one episode, the DVD being packaged with the OP/ED single being a deciding factor.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 22:53   Link #270
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
How is that related to the topic? The shows are in somewhat different genres, and there are other factors to consider - such as WORKING!! being based on a source with an existing fanbase, the DVD being cheaper since it only contained one episode, the DVD being packaged with the OP/ED single being a deciding factor.
Ah hello? Same animation studio and since I'm talking about DVD sales of said animation studio I brought up So-Ra-No-Wo-To their most recent DVD release work and their other works for comparison to show how much of a hit Working!! turn out to be. A-1 Pictues hasn't had a big hit since Kannagi and that was what? 2008.

Anyways good to see Working!! did well the series has really grown on me.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:02   Link #271
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Ah hello? Same animation studio
Oh, right. Forgot about that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 23:57   Link #272
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
One good thing (besides watching Souma get punched) came out of his conversation with Takanashi. I had not noticed that every since he commented on her hairpin she has been changing it everyday. Thats way too cute for Inami and she turned a red iv never seen before . Im impressed that she finally able to give Takanashi a V-day chocolate even though it took one jab to the face before she could do it and her explanation was brilliant. "I didnt hit you because i hate men i hit you to cover up my own embarrassment."
It was pretty interesting since I hadn't noticed that either. Maybe I saw the different hairpins, but I didn't really think about it. I think mentioning that was worth Souma getting beaten badly since it was a good piece of information. It was a tough road to give the chocolate but she did it. Required melting it by pure embarrassment and a punch to the face though . Was impressed at how honest she was about her reason for hitting him that time.

Quote:
There are several clues to why it looks they are going to pursue a Takanashi x Inami romance. Actually, they are kind of perfect for one another after looking at their interactions and seeing Takanashi's sister nailed it for me. Hes so use to be abused by his sisters that the beatings he gets from Inami are nothing along with personality. Sometimes men picked woman who are like their mothers or sisters and since Takanashi's mother is always working the female influences in his life are sisters.

Takanshi is good for Inami as well. She is gradually getting use to being around him not all men but him. She needs someone who can put up with her ultra Androphobia and hes the perfect one. Also, it seems for the first time she actually likes a male which is a big step for her. To let him help her with studying without punching was a big leap. Inami is very cute however shes not short lol so thats a draw back for her. I think they were make a very nice and dysfunctional couple over time im sure her punches would reduce to times where she gets startled.
I didn't think they were going to do more than hint, but seems like they might really push towards that pairing. They are a pretty interesting match. Obviously Takanashi can take a punch to put it nicely. But he's someone that Inami can be around that won't die if she can't restrain herself. Besides it is going down slowly when it comes to the strikes. After all she didn't hit him during the studying portion we did see. While her overall androphobia is still an issue she is getting better with Takanashi.

Obviously a problem for Inami is that she isn't super short. She is shorter than Takanashi and shouldn't get taller than him. So at least in that respect Inami has some hope. They just seem like a nice pair. Sure it means taking a few hits, but seeing Inami embarrassed like that makes you want to cheer her on.
Old 2010-04-28, 00:02   Link #273
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I must be the only one here but, I don't find Inami really endearing. It's like, BECAUSE she has a crush on Takanashi that it's okay for him to beat people up in embarrassment with her Androphobia. Souma, granted, deserved it a little, but this kind of shit isn't justifiable. Inami really needs to pop some pills. >_>

Souma is funny. I wish we could have more focus on Satou and Souma since they are the most entertaining duo and have a pretty good amount of dialogue and motive behind them. Souma just feels like he's conniving just so people will do work for him. He's realistically evil and manipulative, kind of like how Kyouka is.

Fairly enjoyed the episode, because of the cooking duo. I really have to applaud Satou when he told Yachiyo she was an idiot, because you could tell she was really conflicted with wanting to not hit AND hit Satou. It was cool getting some information with Souta's family because you get everything about him. And his little sister is cool. It feels like in this world, girls are sugary-sweet or kind of crazy.

I do have to rant though...what is it with all of these anime stories with dead parents? I think I could buy both parents being work-a-holics because it's five siblings but...dad is dead AND mom is work-a-holic? It's not a mark necessarily against this anime, but it's like, why does every other anime character have dead parents?
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 02:32   Link #274
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Inami is the enemy of men. And oh boy, androphobia is really annoying in real life.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 05:23   Link #275
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
I must be the only one here but, I don't find Inami really endearing. It's like, BECAUSE she has a crush on Takanashi that it's okay for her to beat people up in embarrassment with her Androphobia.
I don't think we're expected to think that it's okay (though I personally find it hilarious, once I get over cringing). Plus she's improving - isn't that development?

Quote:
It's not a mark necessarily against this anime, but it's like, why does every other anime character have dead parents?
Um...only have the shows I'm watching now have one/more characters who's lost a parent early. But approximately one character out of each anime =/= every other character. (Though I suppose the ratio goes up if you count each child of a large family...).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 11:56   Link #276
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
I don't think we're expected to think that it's okay (though I personally find it hilarious, once I get over cringing). Plus she's improving - isn't that development?
I am willing to give it another episode, since the next episode will test to Inami's fears. It's development but on the other hand, Inami's violence is getting intensified. (She wants to punch her teachers, and she really beat up Souma)

Quote:
Um...only have the shows I'm watching now have one/more characters who's lost a parent early. But approximately one character out of each anime =/= every other character. (Though I suppose the ratio goes up if you count each child of a large family...).
Maybe not every other character, but I'm seeing it happening way too often. Not everyone has a dead parent. It feels like a cliche with school-life anime that the main character has dead parents or work-a-holic parents that are never there and you will never see.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 17:36   Link #277
golthin

Quote:
I must be the only one here but, I don't find Inami really endearing. It's like, BECAUSE she has a crush on Takanashi that it's okay for him to beat people up in embarrassment with her Androphobia. Souma, granted, deserved it a little, but this kind of shit isn't justifiable. Inami really needs to pop some pills. >_>
I don't find her endearing either. It is probably because she being violent and shy at the same time
cancel each other. I like Kyoko's way of being violent much more.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 17:52   Link #278
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Maybe not every other character, but I'm seeing it happening way too often. Not everyone has a dead parent. It feels like a cliche with school-life anime that the main character has dead parents or work-a-holic parents that are never there and you will never see.
The sad thing is...that's what Japan is like. And most kids aren't home for most of the day anyway - if they're serious about study, they go to school, then to cram school until about 10/11pm. The rest of them are either at school for club activities until about 7pm, or they hang out with friends until it's time to go home (7,8,9pm etc).

It's somewhat surprising that Takanashi actually became such a responsible person in a household like his...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 18:05   Link #279
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I don't find her endearing either. It is probably because she being violent and shy at the same time
cancel each other. I like Kyoko's way of being violent much more.
lol, I disagree. Inami's androphobia isn't remotely a positive or likeable aspect of her character, but her embarassed violence isn't really tsundere-ism. It's more like a loss of control due to happiness, which I actually do find moderately cute.

Similarly, there's that sequence where Inami is doing boxing moves with a happy/squee! expression on her face. I find Inami's happy violence pretty adorable.

Poplar's breasts (...:P) are still the best though, of course.

Anyway, as for episode 4, which I haven't yet commented on: Souma getting beat by Inami was indeed the highlight. However, Satou really has my sympathies, and the way he dealt with Yachiyo's stupidity was really just too cool. Since Yachiyo's so dense, though, I'm actually thinking Satou might even have a chance. I mean, so long as Kyouko's happy and it's because of her, it seems like Yachiyo could hardly care what's being doing to her, right? I am thinking of some incredibly kinky stuff right now.

As for Takanashi's sisters...okay, the way he was crying in happiness looking at Poplar managed to earn some of my sympathy. I still stand by him being broken/a deviant, though. He can't even appreciate the cute/kind little sister who's supporting him, just because she's gonna 'grow up'? That's terrible, guy.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 18:51   Link #280
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

As for Takanashi's sisters...okay, the way he was crying in happiness looking at Poplar managed to earn some of my sympathy. I still stand by him being broken/a deviant, though. He can't even appreciate the cute/kind little sister who's supporting him, just because she's gonna 'grow up'? That's terrible, guy.
I suppose he sees it coming since his younger sister is also his sister. If they aren't related, that'd be a different issue.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen