AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-04-11, 04:14   Link #41
s.a.w..

I see... Never read those... But why would they mention that there?!
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 19:48   Link #42
mufarasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.a.w.. View Post
This guy will probably be stuck at <The Cross>.
He just needed to end him there.

Please notice the lack of plural, also Hansoo seems to find him relatively easily. There is no mention of multiple resurrection crosses.

Just because it's not plural doesn't mean there is only one.
If I say read "The Bible" I am referring to one object of which there is a multiple of. That's a bad example.

But seriously nearly everything we've been discussing has been answered in chapter 48. I don't know why we are even debating this. T.T
mufarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 05:00   Link #43
Narberal
King of the Night

seriously... there are multiple resurrection cross and if there was only one then dark mad lord would have choose to stay in there and wait for some people to arrive and use them to resurrect his daughter but on the alt world he didnt..

anyway cant wait for mc meeting the other 3 again
Narberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 06:48   Link #44
obnuchious

from Chapter 48:
Quote:
“That is the Cross of Reincarnation! You can revive someone of those who participated in the tutorial who had died!”
this implies only those who died during the tutorial can be revived .. aka like Ahee, his daughter . . .

Quote:
“Damn… Is there another chance like this in the future?”

He didn’t believe that only they will be on the path from now on.

If they meet others then they could just catch them then revive Ahee after inserting them into the Cross they will find later.

The fairy shook its head.

“No. This is the end of the privilege. Chances don’t come that easily right? As we see it, it’s not fun when people have leisure. You need to be a bit of a crisis. If you leave after visiting this place once then you can’t use it again.”

“Goddaaamitttt!”
implies/states that this is the only place for such resurrection .. The Cross can only be found there
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 08:02   Link #45
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post

implies/states that this is the only place for such resurrection .. The Cross can only be found there
No, it implies you can't get another cross in the future- you can get one at the same zone but elsewhere.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 11:16   Link #46
obnuchious

The Cross is not a handheld item . . it is a VERY large grave marker placed in a 'safe' room inside the Tower which one can use limitlessly as long as one has the 'legit tokens' to use . . and once one leave the room where that Cross (whether one used it or not), one cannot make use of it again
Old 2016-04-12, 12:31   Link #47
Narberal
King of the Night

why are we starting this debate all over again? translator already cleared this up and again like i said if this was the only place where the resurrection cross is then dark mad lord could have instead stayed their for days until other people comes to it and not agonize whether to stay or leave.

besides it was mentioned that when a new person dies their soul gets add up immediately while he was dying the other group then saw him getting added on the cross and they resurrected him immediately when they found out about him being a lord

P.S. what do you mean by being a handheld item? no one is mention it being one
Narberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 12:42   Link #48
denfac
Ruler of the Sheepeople

since they have such a ridiculous thing like a ressurection spot in the tutorial i wouldn't find it strange for there to be more revival itens later, just that they probably won't be so convenient trade one por one deals like this
"This can, of course, apply to Elite Mooks other than ninjas. Vampires are particularly susceptible to Conservation Of Ninjutsu, as are werewolves, alien monsters, Special Forces commandos and Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids."
denfac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 00:25   Link #49
bkteer

revival items? something as overpowered as revival would probably be the solo numbers or even zero numbers already.

Remember even the lord of the dead skill (solo numbering 8) which was offered up as a potential reward could only absorb souls and raise the dead of the people you had killed.
bkteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 04:08   Link #50
mufarasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkteer View Post
revival items? something as overpowered as revival would probably be the solo numbers or even zero numbers already.

Remember even the lord of the dead skill (solo numbering 8) which was offered up as a potential reward could only absorb souls and raise the dead of the people you had killed.
The fairy CLEARLY states that there is NO other opportunity for revival, and the reason why.

That skill only brings back a phantom, a clone per se, of the killed individual. NOT their souls. I imagine it being something like the clones of the elvenheim that the Devoring and Vomiting Root was producing with the Plant, or the mindless spirits inside the Calamity Fish.
Here is the QUOTE from chapter 70:

"Solo Numbering skill number 8.
<Lord of the Dead>.
It was different depending on the mastery of the skill but it was an extremely fearsome skill which allowed one to raise the ones who they had killed into spectres and allowed the usage of the special skill, <Death>, during the day."

This debate makes me wanna cry. Do people just not read what the author has written? How can this even be a discussion after the author has already told us the answer?!
Old 2016-04-15, 18:51   Link #51
ndiezel

Hansoo had something in the past with Sophie?
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 22:22   Link #52
obnuchious

maybe they became very close friends~~~
Old 2016-04-16, 00:39   Link #53
mufarasu

That reminds me of something I was thinking about.
Can the people in the abyss have children? I mean there's been no mention of them in any way. You'd think they could, but I'm leaning toward they can't because of the lack of mention. There's also the fact that humanity failed to establish themselves in the abyss. If they could have kids to replenish their numbers then I don't see why they'd all be wiped out. It's not like everyone would be constantly fighting all the time like Hansoo.

The fairy mentions in the beginning that the limiters on their bodies are released now, and they have the potential for infinite growth or something along those lines. That would explain why people don't seem to age since the "limit" of death (via old age) has been removed. Now how would childbirth tie into that?
Old 2016-04-16, 12:41   Link #54
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufarasu View Post
That reminds me of something I was thinking about.
Can the people in the abyss have children? I mean there's been no mention of them in any way. You'd think they could, but I'm leaning toward they can't because of the lack of mention. There's also the fact that humanity failed to establish themselves in the abyss. If they could have kids to replenish their numbers then I don't see why they'd all be wiped out. It's not like everyone would be constantly fighting all the time like Hansoo.

The fairy mentions in the beginning that the limiters on their bodies are released now, and they have the potential for infinite growth or something along those lines. That would explain why people don't seem to age since the "limit" of death (via old age) has been removed. Now how would childbirth tie into that?
I don't see how children help to not be wiped out. Even Hansoo needed 50(30?) years to catch up with 3 strongest and they were still anihilated by dragons.
Old 2016-04-17, 20:36   Link #55
mufarasu

The whole point of what Hansoo is doing is to increase or maintain their numbers so that they can make it through the abyss.
Having children would help that no? Even Hanson was a College Student or something when he entered, and obviously those younger than that entered too. It may take time, but the kids would already be acclimated to the new world.
Old 2016-04-17, 21:31   Link #56
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufarasu View Post
The whole point of what Hansoo is doing is to increase or maintain their numbers so that they can make it through the abyss.
Having children would help that no? Even Hanson was a College Student or something when he entered, and obviously those younger than that entered too. It may take time, but the kids would already be acclimated to the new world.
I would the children will become a burden, when hell break out. Hansoo's objective isn't only saving as much people as possible, but also building future for new generation and until Abyss is beated humanity isn't ready.
Old 2016-04-17, 21:56   Link #57
mufarasu

I agree, but realistically children would still be conceived. Whether it's because of rape, or love.

And that's my point. Where are the children? The people who are born in the otherworld?
Old 2016-04-17, 23:45   Link #58
kaisis

I doubt having kids would have helped humanity in the long run. You'd have to dedicate too many resources to raise them, plus they'd likely be starting from the Colorless stage so you'd have to sacrifice the Runes you could have used for your current troops on them instead, just to get them on par.

What I'm more curious about is if the humans still age normally.
kaisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 04:05   Link #59
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisis View Post
I doubt having kids would have helped humanity in the long run. You'd have to dedicate too many resources to raise them, plus they'd likely be starting from the Colorless stage so you'd have to sacrifice the Runes you could have used for your current troops on them instead, just to get them on par.

What I'm more curious about is if the humans still age normally.
It's super fast for someone to get good runes tbh, and we know high tier skills of shitty master >>>>> sucky skills of high tier master, so kids actually aren't bad.

The issue is more that you need to have a stable country before the kids are more of a gain than "stealing from people weaker than the parents".
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 05:16   Link #60
obnuchious

and there's no real stable country/place for them since they are gonna be exterminated completely...

Tags
time travel, weak become strong