AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index Movie Preview Rating
Perfect 10 11 68.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-09, 13:27   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Movie Preview Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index Movie Preview Episode.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 14:43   Link #2
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So for some reason no one has commented. I am guessing it's because people didn't want to watch and spoil it... Well... they showed the first 22 minutes and then at the end they revealed some new previews and trailers for the movie which looked absolutely fantastic. The blue-ray version should have better graphics, but it was really funny to watch. Styl's appearance was nice to see. It's been a while since I saw him animated in new material.

Furthermore, Index was funny. I guess I normally say that I don't like Index as a character, but she isn't nearly so bad here. Also, I am possibly warming up to her as a character in general.

This also had the scene with Styl's apprentices and the 4 main protagonists of railgun. Kuroko was hilarious... she made customers actually leave

I am pretty sure that this preview was just to basically show a nice intro, hear Arisa singing pretty nicely, show some pretty amazing Academy City mech-robots and then end at an awesome scene (after showing a miracle occur), just in order to make us want to buy the BD.

Well I am sure that preview worked pretty well as it was very excellently done and timed. The new commercials and previews were good as well. Am I one of the only ones here so saw it because no one wants to be spoiled???
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 14:48   Link #3
R.LocK
My turn

No subs? Figured.

^Eh, no. I watched the entire movie already so I don't really need to watch this preview. Not that I could understand anything, except for Miracle 88, Endymion and some words gaijin may know~
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 14:59   Link #4
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I figure most people would rather see the whole thing than just a small fraction of it, and then the rest of it later on BD/DVD. It kind of kills the whole experience of watching a movie.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 15:09   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It depends- If they cut it just nice, it could do as a preview episode so long as it's not to abrupt.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 16:08   Link #6
DorkingtonPugsly

For some reason I felt nostalgia creep in, made me remember the days when I used to live in Japan and go to digmon and pokemon movies. Anime movies have a certain feel, atmosphere, and pace to them don't they.

It's a bit abrupt but whatever, only a few weeks time till the blurays out. And I should get it day of unless cdjapan decides to screw me over (which they've rarely done so I think I'm good). What a cash in for j.c. and the to aru series overall huh, I'm buying the railgun s blurays as they come out but also buying the new bluray boxes, and now this movie, and in september Index II bluraybox. So much... so much...

I liked the new scenes shown as teasers at the end... Saw some good stuff.
Old 2013-08-09, 21:24   Link #7
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I guess watching part of a movie could ruin the experience of watching a movie, if you only like watching it in one sitting. I don't mind seeing it in separate parts. Here they ended at a good part. Plus, I could have already seen the whole movie as well but... I decided not to, because I want to see it in good quality eventually with subtitles. I just figured that this was worth watching because I would get to see an idea of how Index III graphics would look like.

That's the main reason I watched this. The movie is fine to watch and all, but I already spoiled the whole plot for myself so... I don't see the point of waiting for it to come out... Anyway, the real version should have graphics that are about 2.5 times as good as the preview version, so it should really look spectacular. While it seems a step back from Railgun S animation and end of Index II animation... it seems like it actually has some pretty good animation. I hope though that it'll be better in season 3, even though one would have to see the whole movie anyway in order to be able to judge whether the animation here seems to be a good sign for the animation to come in season 3 eventually if it comes out.
Old 2013-08-09, 23:01   Link #8
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Hmmm... to watch or not to watch, should I just wait for the entire movie to be released on DVD?
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 00:50   Link #9
omega253

My personal opinion: Wait until it's completely subbed after the DVD's release
Old 2013-08-10, 01:16   Link #10
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Forgetting about the actual plot, for anyone who has actually seen the preview unsubbed, how was its animation quality and direction when compared to the recent episodes of Railgun S? I am hoping I can watch a Blu Ray version but you cant compare that to the subbed railgun s episodes...
Old 2013-08-10, 01:47   Link #11
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Forgetting about the actual plot, for anyone who has actually seen the preview unsubbed, how was its animation quality and direction when compared to the recent episodes of Railgun S? I am hoping I can watch a Blu Ray version but you cant compare that to the subbed railgun s episodes...
So... I guess I would say that the stream was only 480 quality but still had pretty good graphics. Imagine Breaker looked nice. I'll say that the graphics actually looked really good even with 480 quality so I am guessing that the real version has much better graphics and is probably at least as good as Railgun S (then again it IS a movie).
Old 2013-08-10, 09:36   Link #12
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So... I guess I would say that the stream was only 480 quality but still had pretty good graphics. Imagine Breaker looked nice. I'll say that the graphics actually looked really good even with 480 quality so I am guessing that the real version has much better graphics and is probably at least as good as Railgun S (then again it IS a movie).
Why are you watching in 480p?
Old 2013-08-10, 09:49   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Why are you watching in 480p?
It's a stream.
Old 2013-08-10, 09:51   Link #14
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Since the movie's graphics are as great as Railgun S, then it means the next Index season would be just as great too.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 09:58   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

....Why are you guys calling it 'graphics' ?
Old 2013-08-10, 10:07   Link #16
R.LocK
My turn

Is it what you should be surprised at, Chaos...?
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 11:35   Link #17
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
While it seems a step back from Railgun S animation and end of Index II animation...
Were we watching the same preview...?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 17:10   Link #18
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Were we watching the same preview...?
You misunderstand... I am considering the fact that this is a movie and therefore should be much better with animation quality than Index II, Railgun S (or at least I think so...)... but it had some pretty good animation...

By the way, @chaos2frozen and R.Lock... you both know what I mean when I say graphics I think so at least I'm referring to animation quality...? I'm not exactly sure what the terminology should be? The pixel quality? The amount of pixels?... anyway...

It looked really good... my point is that I feel like the BD version is going to be absolutely amazing. All I am saying is that after seeing Railgun S and Index II's ending, I want to see a large improvement in animation quality...

Though I liked the preview... Anyway... this is the first season/time I have actually watched streams... so... I don't know any terminology at all excuse me if I say confusing things.
Old 2013-08-10, 18:36   Link #19
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Ah, I understand now. Because that last half was really something.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 19:35   Link #20
Algent

Without subs it's hard to follow, good thing I still remember the Endymion manga which had that part translated.

I found the quality to be really average, for a movie it's a bit surprising.

Also nice ass-shot in the mecha thingie .
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote