AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

Old 2014-06-27, 21:36   Link #101
zztop

Is there currently enough LN material for a Season 2?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 23:03   Link #102
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Is there currently enough LN material for a Season 2?
yes there is, the anime only went up to volume 3 and and volume 6 was released in april though they might be waiting for volume 7 to be released before they decide anything considering the material of the 4-6
Old 2014-06-28, 01:07   Link #103
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
yes there is, the anime only went up to volume 3 and and volume 6 was released in april though they might be waiting for volume 7 to be released before they decide anything considering the material of the 4-6
Depends on how long they want it to be. If it's a single cour (12-13 episodes), then they've already got enough with 4-6, and would be ending season 2 with the volume 6 flashback arc, which promises to be memorable. Don't know how they'd leave things, though, since the last scene of volume 6 is apparently the last scene of what we saw in the anime.
Old 2014-06-28, 02:07   Link #104
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Depends on how long they want it to be. If it's a single cour (12-13 episodes), then they've already got enough with 4-6, and would be ending season 2 with the volume 6 flashback arc, which promises to be memorable. Don't know how they'd leave things, though, since the last scene of volume 6 is apparently the last scene of what we saw in the anime.
i've never said there wasn't enough, i'm just saying the content might not be good enough to where they should only use those 3, and the problems come from vol 4 and 6, here me out

Spoiler for just in case spoiler for problems:

i'm saying the content is bad just for an anime those are problem
Old 2014-06-28, 05:34   Link #105
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I don't know, I thought the dating sim game was hilarious, especially,

Spoiler:

Ending on a cliffhanger works if there's a continuation planned. We don't know if there is one, and they decided to end on one in the first season anyway. They may decide to just ignore it in the second season or they might retcon it with the BD version.
Old 2014-06-28, 10:20   Link #106
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post

Spoiler:

Ending on a cliffhanger works if there's a continuation planned. We don't know if there is one, and they decided to end on one in the first season anyway. They may decide to just ignore it in the second season or they might retcon it with the BD version.
As long as they put in a TWGOK reference, it'll be a successful episode. And you just know they will... ^_^
Old 2014-06-28, 11:29   Link #107
shadow1296

maybe i see the dating sim as a problem, but it is still a bad idea to end a season on a flashback arc because you can't end a season well with won of those, and its possible they can't remove the old deus scene now or change it since that was a cliffhanger used for the first season to keep peoples interest its not something that can easily be removed especially since it aired in the official broadcast
Old 2014-06-28, 17:47   Link #108
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post

Spoiler:

Yeah I want to see that one too lol.

I doubt they will just skip half of it btw.
People would complain hard if they skipped 3 races, especially considering how one of them is the Flügel - I mean who wouldn't want to know how they got defeated?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 16:03   Link #109
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Re-reading the author's after notes, anyone has the feeling the anime might skip the Vol.6 entirely?

The purpose of Vol.6 is pretty much to hype the Old Deus, showing off how broken they are before actually engaging the game with them.... but the anime simply rush to the end of vol.6 where the game begins. Clearly showing they just want to get that portion over with instead trying to build it up.
In other words, if there is a second season, the Old Deus game will be the first thing that gets taken care of in the first one or two episode. On the other hand, the content of vol.6 can produce at least 3 episodes, and there will be no way to fit it in.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 16:55   Link #110
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Re-reading the author's after notes, anyone has the feeling the anime might skip the Vol.6 entirely?

The purpose of Vol.6 is pretty much to hype the Old Deus, showing off how broken they are before actually engaging the game with them.... but the anime simply rush to the end of vol.6 where the game begins. Clearly showing they just want to get that portion over with instead trying to build it up.
In other words, if there is a second season, the Old Deus game will be the first thing that gets taken care of in the first one or two episode. On the other hand, the content of vol.6 can produce at least 3 episodes, and there will be no way to fit it in.
No, I think it's just teasing. There won't be any skip.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 00:34   Link #111
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
No, I think it's just teasing. There won't be any skip.
First minute or so of season 2:
Quote:
*summoning light show*

Steph: Wh-what is this?
Jibril: What power!
OD!Miko: Divine core manifestation. Mind meld established. Power setting: minimal. Why have you summoned me, you with finite lifespans?
Sora: Exceed Rank #1, Old Deus...
Jibril: Exceed Rank #1?
Izuna: Old...?
Steph: ...Deus!? *faints*
Sora: Okay...
[ ]: Let's begin the game!
OD!Miko: ......
[ ]: ...
Steph: *unconscious*
Everyone else: ...
OD!Miko: ...Declined. Busy now. Come back later.

*light show vanishes*

Everyone: O_o'

*OP*

*season proceeds with true end of volume 3 and continues into volumes 4-6 normally*
Old 2015-05-14, 12:48   Link #112
MrSurvivorX
Anime Novice

Speculation:
Since i have only read up to volume 6 of the light novel (luckily I downloaded 6 of them before...well something happens) I can't really speculate alot of stuff. But I feel that eventually Steph will get hella pissed at Sora and Shiro for whatsoever reason and the plot will twist and then the country will split apart and big things happen.

Why the whole volume 6 about the past?
Idk. Maybe some of you have read volume 7+, but I feel that that volume will get important someday with Tet and the others.
MrSurvivorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 18:30   Link #113
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

^vol. 7 has yet to be released.
Old 2015-08-02, 18:41   Link #114
Rias

Although it was a great way to end the show, I think season 1 ending has made it harder for them to follow. Perhaps they were waiting to see if they can jump to volume 7 and later return to 4-6, but the way volume 7 has turned out, I don't think it's possible. Also seeing how volume 7 and 8 will link, just like volume 4 and 5 did.

Perhaps season 2 can start with the ending of season 1, put in a "two months ago" thing, and start over from volume 4-6. They can even start with volume 6 and lead into 4-5, and lead back to the ending of volume 6, and have the same ending as season 1.
Old 2015-08-04, 00:12   Link #115
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Although it was a great way to end the show, I think season 1 ending has made it harder for them to follow. Perhaps they were waiting to see if they can jump to volume 7 and later return to 4-6, but the way volume 7 has turned out, I don't think it's possible. Also seeing how volume 7 and 8 will link, just like volume 4 and 5 did.

Perhaps season 2 can start with the ending of season 1, put in a "two months ago" thing, and start over from volume 4-6. They can even start with volume 6 and lead into 4-5, and lead back to the ending of volume 6, and have the same ending as season 1.
There's actually a simple solution for that. Wouldn't take any longer than the teaser. Season 1 ended with [ ] getting Miko to call forth the Old Deus and then challenging them to a game. Just as Volume 6 ends, if I understand correctly. Just replay that last part of the last episode, in which this all happens, and then have the Old Deus decline. They could say something trite like "You're not ready yet", or some such, but I think it would work even better just to have them simply say "No" and relinquish control back to Miko. Sora dismisses it with an "Ah, well, maybe later," or something like that, and we hang on Steph and Ino's flabbergasted reaction shots for a moment as [ ] walk off to play a video game or grab some munchies. Boom, Season 2 OP, then the story picks back up with the beginning of Volume 4.
Old 2018-02-23, 14:16   Link #116
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

illustrations 10
https://imgur.com/a/HI8xo
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 23:21   Link #117
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Illustrations vol.1 to 9

LN 1 - 4
https://imgur.com/a/uikUbMG