AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-29, 19:50   Link #81
KBTKaiser

Normally, I would say that Replica would sub in perfectly for Operator, but with Replica MIA, I dunno.

Also, chances of Team Mikumo picking up Izuho Natsume the laid-back buddy sniper? It would actually work out if one sniper runs Ibis and the other runs Lightning or something.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 11:34   Link #82
James Rye

I expect Usami to be their Operator for the first time but later they will have to find their own operator for their team. Or they get a random Operator from HQ. Or they gotta fight without an operator and can done in by teams who can count on the support of their operators.

Izuho will surely join Team Mikumo, after that invasion it seemed as if it had changed her "lazy" attitude. She's very brave in the face of danger and once she learns the ways of how a sniper operates she will be a useful agent.
I doubt she had made it into the 15% of the snipers yet to be accepted as B-agent yet. Maybe she will change branches to join Tamakoma firstto receive teachings as well like Chika?

What I noticed is how rarely Lighting seems to be used by Snipers. They always use the Ibis or the Eagle/Eglet one. Guess while Lighting got lots of speed while shooting its damage output and range is too low for many snipers to be taken as first choice.
Can't wait to see a sniper using Lighting in battle though.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 14:14   Link #83
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm reading through the chapters again. It takes 4000 points to be a B-rank. How many points are needed for A-rank?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 14:25   Link #84
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I'm reading through the chapters again. It takes 4000 points to be a B-rank. How many points are needed for A-rank?
We can only guess, yet in chapter 40 on page 2 we get to see the points of an A-agent who's in A4, Midorikawa with 9110 points. So maybe 8000? That is if you can get to A rank with points only, maybe you need to have a great performance at the rank wars and get B-1 rank for then you get the chance to become a new A ranked team. Maybe we will hear the explanations on how to get to A-class in the coming chapters beyond chapter 85.
Old 2014-12-01, 19:55   Link #85
AceTrigger

Chapter 81 is out.

Spoiler:
AceTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-05, 08:50   Link #86
KBTKaiser

Kitora and the others were rescued by Konami(the net bag at her side) when she bruteforce'd the rabits

And chapter 86 spoilers are out.
Spoiler:
Old 2014-12-05, 13:53   Link #87
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTrigger View Post
Chapter 81 is out.

The War is over heh? For now at least.

Hughes is captured.

Some new A-Rank girls shows up.

No civilians casualties, just injuries.

6 Border agents died (All Operators)

A few serious injuries, and 32 C-Rank trainees are missing.. The mystery intensifies!

Did I miss something but what happened to Kitora and those people that got turned into cubes?
Yep, the war's over but the next one is surely behind the next corner. XD

Hughes captured or better said left behind by Aftokrator is a huge deal for Border. They got an elite warrior of the biggest or one of the biggest militaric powers of the neighborhood as a war prisoner. If he tells them what he knows, whenever willingly or unwillingly, then they will gain a lot of intel about Aftokrator, its soceity and military and other stuff.

Osamu getting heavily injured was probably the worst the Agent force had encountered in this war. Expect for the unexpected 6 deaths and other injuries among the operators. That's what happens when you take a desk job, believing it is safe. :P

Kitora and other C-cubes are fine as they are with Momma Konami. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Kitora and the others were rescued by Konami(the net bag at her side) when she bruteforce'd the rabits

And chapter 86 spoilers are out.
Spoiler:
...I'm so used to always write my spoilers about new chapters and such alone. And now somebody posted about chapter 86 before me here and I can respond to it.
*sniff*
I'm so happy!

Spoiler for Spoiler 86 talk:
Old 2014-12-05, 19:25   Link #88
KBTKaiser

yeah, uh, I check the JP summary sites and normally wait for the chinese scans, but 86 was too crucial in terms of info to not leak early.
Old 2014-12-07, 09:06   Link #89
James Rye

Quote:
yeah, uh, I check the JP summary sites and normally wait for the chinese scans, but 86 was too crucial in terms of info to not leak early.
Right, it is after all the
Spoiler for 86 spoilers:
Old 2014-12-07, 10:17   Link #90
KBTKaiser

Then again...

Spoiler:
Old 2014-12-07, 18:37   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ch82:
Old 2014-12-08, 11:13   Link #92
James Rye

Quote:
Then again...

Spoiler:
Right.
Spoiler for 86 stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well the aftermath of this invasion should be pretty huge. It was a nice chance to get some Osamu flashbacks and see how he got here. So Chika's brother being taken wasn't just a simple abduction, he was taking action himself. Probably a good call to lie to Osamu since he would have come along otherwise. Not sure if his message meant to not feel obligated to stay by Chika or just not feel obligated to do more than just stay by Chika.

Also just a good reminder of how Osamu wasn't all that suited to the border agent job at least from testing. Saw Chika trying and went ahead and tried to join up. Even doing something reckless like sneaking into the base in order to try and get someone to support his application. He was just that determined.

The ending was kind of interesting. Had a "oh nice, Chika was sleeping there", but ended up "oh boy...his mom has arrived."
It better be huge, Border lost 6 of its Staff members inside its own HQ and 32 teenagers have been captured. While that is far less than like 4-5 years back then, the people who lost their husbands/wives/sons/daugthers won't take lightly to their lose.
And the press/goverment will also have a talk in that as well. Still wonder why we haven't heard yet anything from the japanese goverment. Kind of feels like they are letting Border do whatever they want.

What I really enjoyed about the flashback was how it kept entirely to Osamu's POV and didn't "showed" us Osamu's emotions but made us "imagine" them ourselves, as if we were in Osamu's shoes, hearing about Rinji's plan, his disappearance, seeing Chika cry for the first time, try to get enlisted as Agent but fail for a reason we cannot understand, do something illegal as last desperate mean, almost getting eaten aaaaaaaaand there's the draw-back to the very first chapter where Jin saved Osamu in the opening from a Neighbor!
Nicely done, liked that compact yet full of informations/more understanding for Osamu's struggle as a trion weak person with great ambitions flashback alot.^^

You know, seeing this flashback makes Osamu's draw against Kazama, the 2nd strongest fighter of Border, even more amazing. Even if it was after 20+ loses and Osamu's trion weakness didn't mattered as much due the endless trion supply from the simulation room. XD
It just makes it more amazing because we basically got told that Osamu is no "agent material". Yet we see him standing up to people who are considered elites or are superdangerous trion soldiers/humanoid neighbors and be able to stand his ground. Albeit ofc at his very limits of his ability.
Still amazing now that we know Border had first made Osamu "fail" for being an Agent. Guess Jin foresaw back then when he saved "four-eyes" that this person gonna mean great changes for Border, even if he is a "weak" fighter.

And yes, sleeping Chika is an adorable sight. <3
Osamu's mom's pretty hot though. Guess he got his looks from his dad after all. :P
Old 2014-12-08, 13:28   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Right.
Spoiler for 86 stuff:

It better be huge, Border lost 6 of its Staff members inside its own HQ and 32 teenagers have been captured. While that is far less than like 4-5 years back then, the people who lost their husbands/wives/sons/daugthers won't take lightly to their lose.
And the press/goverment will also have a talk in that as well. Still wonder why we haven't heard yet anything from the japanese goverment. Kind of feels like they are letting Border do whatever they want.

What I really enjoyed about the flashback was how it kept entirely to Osamu's POV and didn't "showed" us Osamu's emotions but made us "imagine" them ourselves, as if we were in Osamu's shoes, hearing about Rinji's plan, his disappearance, seeing Chika cry for the first time, try to get enlisted as Agent but fail for a reason we cannot understand, do something illegal as last desperate mean, almost getting eaten aaaaaaaaand there's the draw-back to the very first chapter where Jin saved Osamu in the opening from a Neighbor!
Nicely done, liked that compact yet full of informations/more understanding for Osamu's struggle as a trion weak person with great ambitions flashback alot.^^

You know, seeing this flashback makes Osamu's draw against Kazama, the 2nd strongest fighter of Border, even more amazing. Even if it was after 20+ loses and Osamu's trion weakness didn't mattered as much due the endless trion supply from the simulation room. XD
It just makes it more amazing because we basically got told that Osamu is no "agent material". Yet we see him standing up to people who are considered elites or are superdangerous trion soldiers/humanoid neighbors and be able to stand his ground. Albeit ofc at his very limits of his ability.
Still amazing now that we know Border had first made Osamu "fail" for being an Agent. Guess Jin foresaw back then when he saved "four-eyes" that this person gonna mean great changes for Border, even if he is a "weak" fighter.

And yes, sleeping Chika is an adorable sight. <3
Osamu's mom's pretty hot though. Guess he got his looks from his dad after all. :P
This whole situation should be a major wakeup call to everyone. Obviously for the relatives for those dead or kidnapped, but just everyone in general. They are living on the front lines of a war here. No matter how nice everything seemed once Border took over, that reality has now been thrown in their face.

I guess the Japanese government and really the world itself can only have so big an impact. Border can always just disperse at their leisure and then everyone is screwed. That group has a monopoly on their only legitimate defense against these invasions, they'll have to give them a wide berth.

This was a good reminder that Osamu is starting from a much weaker position than I ever imagined. I thought he was just average to below average agent material. But really this guy was below the borderline. But his personality and determination are keeping him going in a world full of monsters. Good point that it probably explains why Osamu eventually got in. Jin probably helped the process along knowing that it was important for Osamu to be in Border.

The first person perspective to the flashback worked well I agree. Really helped to literally stand in his shoes. Seeing someone he looked up to struggling to protect his sister and vanishing, seeing Chika just crying from her loss and then boom he took action. Didn't need any more than that to get why he was there taking the test.

Sleeping Chika was nice, but also a good reminder of the realities of the situation with his mother being there. Osamu still has his family as far as we know so he's different from even his two friends here who have both suffered some real losses. He is the guy that helps ground this show.
Old 2014-12-09, 18:26   Link #94
KBTKaiser

Well the place I find the JP raws has updated so we now have names for the two teams that kuga and chika more or less OHKO'd.

Yoshizato Squad
Mamiya Squad
Old 2014-12-09, 19:16   Link #95
zerofighter

Unless there are ways to actually boost Trion levels, Osamu is going to be a cerebral fighter. Using tactics and techniques instead of fire power.
Though he could tie Chika to his back and use her as a battery and auxiliary attacks (Banjo Kazooie)
Old 2014-12-11, 04:28   Link #96
Esclair

Is Osamu's mom really his mom?
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 12:14   Link #97
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Is Osamu's mom really his mom?
It's his sister
Old 2014-12-11, 12:44   Link #98
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This whole situation should be a major wakeup call to everyone. Obviously for the relatives for those dead or kidnapped, but just everyone in general. They are living on the front lines of a war here. No matter how nice everything seemed once Border took over, that reality has now been thrown in their face.

I guess the Japanese government and really the world itself can only have so big an impact. Border can always just disperse at their leisure and then everyone is screwed. That group has a monopoly on their only legitimate defense against these invasions, they'll have to give them a wide berth.

This was a good reminder that Osamu is starting from a much weaker position than I ever imagined. I thought he was just average to below average agent material. But really this guy was below the borderline. But his personality and determination are keeping him going in a world full of monsters. Good point that it probably explains why Osamu eventually got in. Jin probably helped the process along knowing that it was important for Osamu to be in Border.

The first person perspective to the flashback worked well I agree. Really helped to literally stand in his shoes. Seeing someone he looked up to struggling to protect his sister and vanishing, seeing Chika just crying from her loss and then boom he took action. Didn't need any more than that to get why he was there taking the test.

Sleeping Chika was nice, but also a good reminder of the realities of the situation with his mother being there. Osamu still has his family as far as we know so he's different from even his two friends here who have both suffered some real losses. He is the guy that helps ground this show.
Well, those people must have mighty reasons to stay in a city near a warzone with the risk of getting killed or kidnapped to be used in foreign wars. I guess that Border pays them for staying in the city and that they need them to stay because "material".
I thought first that Border would need them as families for agents but then I got that Border got a much bigger problem: Ressources.
Where the HECK is Border supposed to get Trion to create its huge walls, cannon shells and traps and ofc the triggers which can form weapons or combat bodies or optional stuff like the grasshopper one or the teleport one?!

And I think the people in the city are said ressource.
Remember the little Rads? Who collected trion energy from people around them without harming them and then created warpgates with said energy? I bet Border got a similar machine in their HQ which collects trion energy from a certain radius, basically the city, and with this trion the Border engineers can form it to walls, shells and triggers and what else.
However, this also means the more people leave Mikado city the less tiron they can gather. So this would explain why Border is worried about people leaving the city as well as of their own image/reputation.
At least that is my theory to that.

Yeah, the goverments of the world has to let Border do as it pleases, for now. But they probably won't like it. The knowledge that there is alien technology and you do not have it would drive many nations, scientists as well as big corporations insane.^^;

Yep, it is darn impressive.
No destined person of fate, no superpower bloodline, no amazing power to fight cool battles with, no incredible weapon to fight with, Osamu's probably one of the most average MCs in a battle shounen manga. xD
Yuuma with his sad background story, his special trion body and his Black Trigger, fits the usual MC role much better than Osamu does.

Also chapter 83 and 84 are out already! Nice!
Osamu's mom is shipping OsamuxChika with all her might, it seems. XDDD
Good to see more friendship stuff between Osamu and Yuuma.^^
Man, Replica not being there anymore in the manga does change things quite a bit. For Yuuma it is a similar power-down like for Jin when he gave away his Fujin weapon. No more copy and replicate powers for Yuuma in future invasions.

Karasawa is a nice guy overall, for showing Osamu that Border intends to put all the blame on him for the missing trainees. Mean tactic, but one many big organisations and nations have used in the past and are still using. :c
Good to see how Yuuma made it seem so simple with how he talked Osamu out of his guilt with a couple words. That surely left an impression on Kasumi, maybe she ships her son now with Yuuma? XDDD
Liked how Osamu had this two panel flashback of how Kido asks him what he would if a simialr situation happens again and he answers back he would definetly help.

It is right, Osamu has no reason to be ashamed of helping or feeling guilty for saving people. How was he supposed to know that this would give away information to the neighbors that the baby chickens had no way to escape like regular agents? And even if he did knew, would that have justify letting around ten teenagers die just to keep that information secret?
Hell no!

Besides, Aftokrator would have attacked so or so. They needed new people so badly they came with a huge army, dozens rabbits and 4 (!!!) Black Triggers. They were desperate to do such a move, they had done it with or without the C-agent information about their lack of escape trigger.

Doubt the press will see it the same way though. They want somebody to blame and Osamu is just about to give them exactly somebody who they can blame for everything and write horrible stuff about in their newspapers/newsTV.

Quote:
Well the place I find the JP raws has updated so we now have names for the two teams that kuga and chika more or less OHKO'd.

Yoshizato Squad
Mamiya Squad
Doubt we will hear or see much more of those two teams. XD
Then again, we got to read extra stuff about some of those sideside-charas like Chano from the Chano squad who dresses like a boy and who's bigger brother has gone missing in the invasion. So maybe if Ashihara gets enough chapters and time, we might get to see/hear some stuff about those people in later arcs at the sideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofighter View Post
Unless there are ways to actually boost Trion levels, Osamu is going to be a cerebral fighter. Using tactics and techniques instead of fire power.
Though he could tie Chika to his back and use her as a battery and auxiliary attacks (Banjo Kazooie)
They got the horn technology. Which gives brain cancer and makes you a mad person. And kills you after a couple years. Doubt Osamu gonna make use of that though. That idea with Chika battery is a worthy one.^^

We got Chapter 87 spoilers.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Can't wait to see if Chika's birthday gonna be celebrated in the manga or forgotten about it. Hope we get to hear about her parents till then or during the birthday and how they view her involvment with Border and such.^^
Old 2014-12-11, 19:55   Link #99
KBTKaiser

Spoiler for ch 87:
Old 2014-12-12, 10:13   Link #100
James Rye

Quote:
Spoiler for ch 87:
Spoiler for ch.87:

Also looks like World Trigger is getting a game in 2015!

Spoiler for Game announcement:

No idea when an action manga usually gets a game or if they get games anyway. Thought WT wasn't popular enough to gain attention from a game producing company. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tale, etc all got games but they are HUGE franchises already compared to WT.
Still happy it got a game, gives me hopes that maybe someday WT gets a strategy game in Xcom style. Something like "World Border - Protecting the world from neighbors". <3

Tags
action, shounen stargate