AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-03, 19:44   Link #2841
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
but she finds him creepy
You make it sound like Relius needs her consent to do something.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 20:12   Link #2842
Rias

Quote:
I can't stop debating whether I like Sector 7's or that more myself.

And for some fun, someone's feeling left out:

Ah, poor Makoto. I wonder what she's going to do when she finds out that even Jin is part of the "Super Mode" club.

This was the twitter post that Isocchi (Makoto CV) made back when they first announced Izayoi:

https://twitter.com/isocchi_la_al/st...43325266374656

"Right after her 2 close friends having new costumes, Makoto has awakened to the Surge of Killer Intent" (Evil Ryu reference)
Old 2013-01-03, 22:14   Link #2843
Shadow5YA

What does "ndk?" mean anyway?
Old 2013-01-03, 23:29   Link #2844
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I got Continuum Shift from North Carolina a few weeks ago. Can't wait to play it!

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 04:12   Link #2845
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
I can't stop debating whether I like Sector 7's or that more myself.

And for some fun, someone's feeling left out:

Ah, poor Makoto. I wonder what she's going to do when she finds out that even Jin is part of the "Super Mode" club.
What? Sorry.. I got distracted by Mu's butt
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 14:07   Link #2846
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
but... you can't even see it

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 14:18   Link #2847
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Not sure what Makoto's upset about, she has more assets then both of them put together.
Old 2013-01-04, 14:48   Link #2848
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I was distracted by how makoto is still a better character hahaha.
Old 2013-01-04, 15:57   Link #2849
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
they look so yukkuri
Old 2013-01-05, 01:31   Link #2850
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Just gotta get this off my chest. One thing about the fgc that amazed me to no end this year. Was the amount of hate ppl could show to a game. Blazblue and Persona 4 arena being examples. Apparently everyone who likes these games are weeaboos so say the geniuses on EventHubs.

Amount of hate makes no sense.
Old 2013-01-05, 06:35   Link #2851
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Because anime style games = bad to illogical people.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:34   Link #2852
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You make it sound like Relius needs her consent to do something.
Of course not , I mean she would never go anywhere near him for that to happen.

Quote:
No idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Just gotta get this off my chest. One thing about the fgc that amazed me to no end this year. Was the amount of hate ppl could show to a game. Blazblue and Persona 4 arena being examples. Apparently everyone who likes these games are weeaboos so say the geniuses on EventHubs.

Amount of hate makes no sense.
The FGC fanbase in general being insular twits is sadly nothing new. If it's not a Crapcom or Scamo fighter it's mostly either shit or too anime. That's one of the reason I hate the term "Anime" fighter, it just further fuels an unnecessary divide.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 11:03   Link #2853
LROlsson

Quote:
NDK = ねぇねぇ今どんな気持ち?= ne ne, ima donna kimochi? = Hey, Hey, How are you feeling right now?

Clearly they are taunting Makoto
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 14:40   Link #2854
shadow1296

Quote:
Of course not , I mean she would never go anywhere near him for that to happen.

No idea.

The FGC fanbase in general being insular twits is sadly nothing new. If it's not a Crapcom or Scamo fighter it's mostly either shit or too anime. That's one of the reason I hate the term "Anime" fighter, it just further fuels an unnecessary divide.
i totally agree with you on this and twits dont even realise that blazblue and persona arena styles are where fighting games started, what i mean by this is when you look at street fighter 1-3 , marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 if you put any of the characters from persona or blazblue in those games nobody would be none the wiser heck if you put them in mvc3 or St 4 they would still be none the wiser, what blazbue did that those didnt is kept the 2d graphics so more combo's can be used and more variations of those those combo's can be discovered, the term "anime" fighter comes from the fact that they stuck with the 2d graphics, i don't know why people want 2d fighters to go 3d but i find it better its 2d because it keeps clone moves and characters from showing up because you can program in more variations, and you can have larger rosters
Old 2013-01-05, 20:53   Link #2855
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Is KOF an anime game then? He's not very popular among the "Airdasher" community. But it's 2D, how could it not be ANIMU!?

I. Anime games are mostly NEW
Back then, in the 90's, people had fewer fgames to play. You could either go Capcom or SNK basically. SNK produced shitton of games mind you.

Before Guilty Gear even mattered (GGX launched in 2000), Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom and KOF had already a large fanbase. GG was basically the black sheep. Only players who had enough of mainstream games or new players could get into it.

II. Distinct Style
They're not all 2D. Couldn't DBZ, Naruto, One Piece or Bleach be considered Anime games? They're based off Animes!
Well, yeah but only if they were meaningful games. Sorry fans, but these games are made with Story and Marketing in mind, not proper competition.

Keeping that in mind, mostly 2d games are made by "I've never heard" companies and distributed by known ones. More over, you get all these shining gauges, good amount of fanservice and sparkling combos.

Why do people hate them?
When everyone in your family have been playing the same game for centuries and as well as everyone else, it's natural to pick on the new kid.
This is starting to change however, as ASW has started to move. By making new games, you can attract new players and veterans who're tired of their current game. P4U worked like a sacrifice to promote Blazblue, just as Blazblue to promote Guilty Gear.

That is a possible answer of why GGXXX is not out yet.
Old 2013-01-05, 21:11   Link #2856
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it's just the fact they can't get over not having a hadoken and shoryuken in place of hell's fang and infernal divider.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 21:36   Link #2857
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Most of the current FGC don't give a shit about any game except Marvel and SFIV, that includes Capcom games like SFxT and Namco games like Tekken Tag 2 (yeah Tekken heads flocked to it, but that's the norm) and SC5. KOF XIII gets a lot of love though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i totally agree with you on this and twits dont even realise that blazblue and persona arena styles are where fighting games started, what i mean by this is when you look at street fighter 1-3 , marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 if you put any of the characters from persona or blazblue in those games nobody would be none the wiser heck if you put them in mvc3 or St 4 they would still be none the wiser, what blazbue did that those didnt is kept the 2d graphics so more combo's can be used and more variations of those those combo's can be discovered, the term "anime" fighter comes from the fact that they stuck with the 2d graphics, i don't know why people want 2d fighters to go 3d but i find it better its 2d because it keeps clone moves and characters from showing up because you can program in more variations, and you can have larger rosters
You're missing the point. Animu fighter or "Doujin" fighter is a specific style, SF style is much more footsies, spacing and zoning based then something like GG/BB/Persona and the other doujin fighters. So while something like Street Fighter Alpha/Zero looks "anime" it's still a SF style game even though they introduced crazy shit like alpha combos.

Marvel is more like an anime game style anyway, heck you could argue that it was either the originator or Darkstalkers. Saying Blazblue stuck with 2d graphics for more combos shows you're clueless. Does a typical animu game have more combos then Marvel Vs Capcom 3? SFIV has way more combos then SF2 which is 2d, how can that be?

Also Animu/Doujin is also used not only to refer to how the game plays but it's look, being "cheap", no 2d fighting games have animation on the level of SF 3 and Garou, and none ever will. Darkstalkers animation was amazing for its time as well...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 23:10   Link #2858
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You're missing the point. Animu fighter or "Doujin" fighter is a specific style, SF style is much more footsies, spacing and zoning based then something like GG/BB/Persona and the other doujin fighters. So while something like Street Fighter Alpha/Zero looks "anime" it's still a SF style game even though they introduced crazy shit like alpha combos.
Not applicable.
You can't really judge a game based on how it plays, since each character differs when it comes to gameplay style.

Even the most offensive guided games, like GG, has its share of turtle matchups.
And the most defensive guided games, like SF, has its share of rushdown matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Does a typical animu game have more combos then Marvel Vs Capcom 3? SFIV has way more combos then SF2 which is 2d, how can that be?
Taking in account that MvC3 is a tag/team based game, it will have much more variety.
But character by character? Most 2D fighters offer more options than MvC3.
Old 2013-01-06, 13:53   Link #2859
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Not applicable.
You can't really judge a game based on how it plays, since each character differs when it comes to gameplay style.

Even the most offensive guided games, like GG, has its share of turtle matchups.
And the most defensive guided games, like SF, has its share of rushdown matchups.
Sure you can judge.

There are fundamental differences between each fighting game series, like Street Fighter's abundance of fireball users and lack of airdashes.

It's just like how UNiB is fundamentally different from MB because there is no air backdash, a roman cancel that gains meter, and a meter system that doesn't diminish when you hit max.
Old 2013-01-06, 14:17   Link #2860
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I am sure you can judge a game how it plays. Even in street fighter games the zero/alpha series, III and IV play very differently due their own differences in mechanics and not just the characters.
Differences like being able to block in the air or not, defences (parry in III, alpha/zero counters ), maximum ammount of super meter bars/stocks that may or may not carry over after each round, having a guard meter or not etc. will all change the flow and pacing of a game.

Last edited by hyl; 2013-01-06 at 14:36.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360