Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-05, 16:10   Link #761
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Can somebody help me answer a question? I had my suspicions when if irst opened it but I think my rider figure is a bootleg or something. I bought it at the fanime anime convention last month I think.
Spoiler:

As you can see , it stands, but she is leanign way far to the side.

compare it to this:
http://animedesho.animeblogger.net/?p=1723
and
http://animedesho.animeblogger.net/?p=1723

the fingernails and toenails on mine also are not colored white like the previous two links. Its just the normal skin tone. And the way mine holds the board is weird. the boogie board on mine also seems to be a different color...can somebody explain this to me?

Do you have the box? The legit ver should have a TM hologram sticker on it somewhere. All Legit Type-Moon product have it.
Old 2007-07-05, 20:42   Link #762
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I have one as well. I havent open my box yet since it looks really pretty inside the box. I checked my box and it has its TM sticker along with some chinese characters which means something like license rights. You should be able to see it on the back of the box located on the bottom right corner. Thats for me anyways >.>

Btw, from what i've seen on my box compare to yours, it seems yours is leaning abit too much to one side. That doesnt seems right.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 21:56   Link #763
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Oh no...I cant find the sticker you are tlaking about. T_T
Spoiler for images:

Dammit! I cant believe I got swindled!!! Kazuki, do you mind showing me what your box looks like... I would really appreciate it.....

T^T
Old 2007-07-05, 23:07   Link #764
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Here they are:

Spoiler for images:
Old 2007-07-05, 23:48   Link #765
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

LAME!!!! WTF?!?!!? Mine is bootleg!!!!!!!! I knew there was somehting weird with the eyes. Damn!!!!! That pisses me off so much!! I spoent like 40 dollars on it too. Damn you dealers at fanime!!!!!!!!

Well, at least now I can tell if something is real or not if it's a fate/stay night thing. Man, this sucks! thanks for posting them though. IO guess its good to know that is really is a bootleg. This sucks ass!!!!!!!!! I am infuriated, seriously. T_T
Old 2007-07-06, 00:02   Link #766
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
LAME!!!! WTF?!?!!? Mine is bootleg!!!!!!!! I knew there was somehting weird with the eyes. Damn!!!!! That pisses me off so much!! I spoent like 40 dollars on it too. Damn you dealers at fanime!!!!!!!!

Well, at least now I can tell if something is real or not if it's a fate/stay night thing. Man, this sucks! thanks for posting them though. IO guess its good to know that is really is a bootleg. This sucks ass!!!!!!!!! I am infuriated, seriously. T_T

All Type-Moon products have the sticker not just FSN products. However not all products that have the sticker is authentic, there have been some bootlegger that copy the sticker. But any item that does not have the sticker is definetly a fake.

Another way of spotting fakes is look at who the distrbutors are, there only 2 license distrbutors in the US. AAA and Diamond, if a item doesn't have their sticker on it, don't buy it.

Detail articles on spotting fakes:

http://www.nutsforanimefigures.com/i...=139&Itemid=39

Zerotype also has a small list of good sellers and bad sellers.

http://forums.zero-type.com/index.ph...8932de49c3570a
Old 2007-07-06, 04:19   Link #767
kamikazex

http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1655xv5.jpg
figures i got from anime expo!
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 06:45   Link #768
Zeneva

Revoltech 2G Series - Saber Alternative Fate/Stay Night

Planning to get this set to match my Revoltech saber.
Zeneva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 12:04   Link #769
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:

Just a piece of advice. When I buy figures, I usually buy/pre-order them at the anime store around my area. If I cannnot find them, than my last resort would be going to the anime expo. But, I wouldn't put high hopes since theres alot of people and it will be probably be expensive to buy it. So I reckon you check out your anime stores around you before you buy it.

Think of it this way, for 40 bucks you bought yourself a lesson in learning how to tell which figure is fake or real.

If you live around Canada,Toronto. I can probably help you find some anime stores.
Old 2007-07-06, 16:39   Link #770
V-Slasher

that rider was a limited edition sold only with the magazine hobbyjapan. Only few of them came out of japan is a very risky item and it's almost impossible to find an original for that price. I know how you feel, I got some bootlegs too in the past.

anyway for comparing galleries:

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/yuki_bune/e/9d...5a74bbfc9cfb14
http://msz006yama.sakura.ne.jp/yama/rider.htm
http://tenra.at.webry.info/200611/article_28.html
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 23:45   Link #771
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I also bought one of those 1/8 Rider swimsuit figures and it should be here by next week. I bought it from Yahoo Japan Auction but I'm still hoping that I didn't get scammed as I know there were quite a few fakes on YHJ too. (Won the auction for 4300 yens, which is still quite a bit cheaper than most of the auctions on there. The seller's feedbacks look ok tho...)
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 03:30   Link #772
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Man... thanks but I live in california, so yeah.... and there arent any anime stores near me that I know of... Thanks though.

And thank you Xellos for that article. Now I should look out for the holographic sticker on stuff I buy.

And thank you V-Slasher for clearing that up. I thought limited edition was like...first edition or somehting. If I had known that it came with a MAGAZINE and was limited edition in that sense, i wouldnt have even bought it. I thought it was a little weird that no one else bought it, and it was on the shelf the whole day....

p997tt, best of luck to you. Hopefully you dont get ripped like i did. -_- Sucks finding out something you got was a bootleg. =[ Post about it here when you get it though, I'm curious to see. How much is 4,300yen in US dollars?
Old 2007-07-07, 04:40   Link #773
V-Slasher

about 30-35 dollars. I don't think you can get a limited edition and out of stock item for that price, but who knows.

about the hologram stick it is true that without it is a fake for sure, but is always better to compare the item with some galleries. I got an asuka pvc with the gainax stick and still it was a bootleg.

The fact is every item is produced in china, the figures that surpasses the quality check, goes to japan get the stick and are officially distributed. those that doesn't pass the check instead are sold directly from china at low price. of course in china are also produced a lot of fakes to begin with and this explain why there are bootlegs really close to the original and bootlegs that looks like crap.
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 21:47   Link #774
Conri

What always surprises me is that so many of the bootleg sellers on eBay have such good feedback. Do people not realize, or do they just not care? Or something else entirely?

The HJ Rider has been pretty badly bootlegged, but fortunately, most of them seem easy to ID. I actually just posted mine on eBay along with my extra 2G Saber (finally--multiple expensive hobbies is a bad idea when you don't have much income ), so the listing has pictures and I pointed out some of the things to look for to try to tell if you're looking at a bootleg or an original. As for conventions, I can't recommend them as a place to buy figures unless you know exactly what to look for.

For yen to USD exchange rate, 100 yen to one US dollar is a good rule, because then the only surprises you get will be good ones these days. The actual rate you'll get at a Yahoo! Japan deputy right now is around 114 to 117 or 4300=$36-38. After deputy fees and shipping, the total cost is often near doubled for cheaper, moderate weight items like this.

On a different note, I got my Dark Saber Revoltech in from HLJ, very cool. I think she looks much neater with the mask on. The package comes with the color version of Excalibur, so I swapped this with the "invisible" Excalibur that came with the regular Saber. No pictures, unfortunately, because the camera I borrow is on vacation with my father. Here's my "old" Saber in the meantime.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 10:02   Link #775
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Does anyone know the difference between the 2 fanbooks of Fate/Stay Night?

I went to a mall yesterday and came across two, they are called:
Fate Stay Night: Premium Artbook
Fate Stay Night: Visual Artbook

Oh yea, was browsing internet and came across another one called:
Fate Compliation Book

If anyone has info on the differences between books, be appreciate your help. THanks

Edit:

Seems like 2 limited figures will be on sale during the Wonder Festival on August. SADLY, I'm not in JAPAN. If i am i rush to BUY THESE, omg check these out peeps:

http://www.alter-web.jp/event/img/wf2007s/index.html

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2007-07-22 at 02:06.
Old 2007-07-22, 02:08   Link #776
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Sadly, i am not in Japan, if i am...I would soooo buy these figures especially Irisviel!!!!!!!. Ladies and Gentlemen CHECK these OUT!!! A MUST SEE!!!

http://www.alter-web.jp/event/img/wf2007s/index.html

These 2 are only available ( YES AVAILABLE ONLY) in Wonder Festival 2007 in August. argh i'll find my way to get ahold of one of these...!!!

Edit: BTW if someone would be kind enough to also tell me info regarding the artbooks. I double post to bump the thread, i really hope someone would help me outz..please...
Old 2007-07-22, 03:05   Link #777
phelan_kell
loves Mai :D

Something bugs me about how Saber looks in that...but that may be just me. The other isn't bad, but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it. I think my core collection of Rin/Saber/Sakura is good enough. Maybe if I'm still in Japan when it rolls around I'll go look and if I can grab some. Then again...I am on a tight budget >_<

Some place online is saying the visual artbook is just a bunch of posters slapped into a book. I'd think the premium artbook would have some sketches and some of the character design or something, but I may be wrong.

Last edited by phelan_kell; 2007-07-22 at 03:10. Reason: nothing in particular..
phelan_kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 03:06   Link #778
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Oh my gosh! That completely sucks!!!! Whats wonder festival? I assume thats a japan thing. That means its gonna be almost impossible to get it in america, and even if yoiu could, the price would be outrageous and it'll still sell out too fast!!! I couldn't care about the white haired lady but that saber is WAAAY to cool to pass up. When I saw that figure of saber a couple days ago I was like "im getting this". Now I hear this. Shikimori Kazuki, you bring me terrible news. T_T
Old 2007-07-22, 10:50   Link #779
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

My eyes are fixed on Irisviel (the white hair one), I already had 2 sabers ><, planning to collect the fate stay night females characters hehe. Yes, it is a problem to buy them since they are only available in Japan only.

Heres are a few solutions(s):
1. If you have people you know that lives in that area, you can try to ask them to get one for you. Though, theres no gurantee...seeing as they only sell 2500 in the Wonder Festival and 2500 on net i assume? Since it says 2500 and 2500 = 5000

2. Try your anime shop near you! I'm planning to do this since I got my Limited Swimsuit Rider from an anime shop. I can be they have connections with Japan. Since they manage to get an Limited Rider, why not these 2 figures in WF as well? hehe

I wish you guys luck .
Old 2007-07-23, 00:55   Link #780
phelan_kell
loves Mai :D

Yeah, I expect to see at least a few of these pop up somewhere in Nakano shortly
phelan_kell is offline   Reply With Quote