Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-07, 12:57   Link #181
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
I dont' know about the rest of you, but I think the Blackbeard Pirates need a dose of Sanji-kick-in-the-face makeover... they could all really use it. >_>;
No way. The look like true pirates. Their ugliness makes people hate them even more as villains, which I'm sure is Oda's intention. Besides, we already see enough pretty boys and beautiful women in other manga. Oda's wacky designs make One Piece unique and refreshing.
Old 2010-03-07, 14:54   Link #182
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
No way. The look like true pirates. Their ugliness makes people hate them even more as villains, which I'm sure is Oda's intention. Besides, we already see enough pretty boys and beautiful women in other manga. Oda's wacky designs make One Piece unique and refreshing.
lots of truth here, not all pirates want to look like Jack Sparrow
Old 2010-03-07, 16:13   Link #183
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is it just me or does Blackbeard's nose look longer than it was before? I'm fearing a relation between him and Usopp, or worse the woman (whose name I can't remember) that's on Blackbeard's crew.
Old 2010-03-07, 17:57   Link #184
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
They don't gotta look pretty. Lol... but they could certainly at least look normal.
Old 2010-03-07, 18:37   Link #185
james0246

^What's "normal" in the One Piece universe?
Old 2010-03-07, 18:45   Link #186
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^What's "normal" in the One Piece universe?
My thoughts exactly . One Piece is anything but normal.
Old 2010-03-07, 19:38   Link #187
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
My biggest concern about the future of One Piece. It was that comment Oda made about this being Luffy's last adventure as a 17yo. I'm remembering about what Iva told Luffy about his original treatment. How supposedly it will cause him to lose ten years of his life. Ivan did mention a few times how that treatment had some dreadful side effect. I believe he even mention having used it on himself and Inazuma after the escape from Impel Down in CH. 549.

I'm worried that Luffy will wake up looking ten years older. I think a lot of the charm will be lost from his fun and lighthearted personality if he is older looking.
Old 2010-03-07, 19:42   Link #188
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
They don't gotta look pretty. Lol... but they could certainly at least look normal.
Just checked the pictures of Whitebeard pirates and their allies. The ones you would think as normal looking seem to belong to a rare species....
Old 2010-03-07, 20:33   Link #189
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Just checked the pictures of Whitebeard pirates and their allies. The ones you would think as normal looking seem to belong to a rare species....
Lol. Ok, point taken. But wow, BB pirates really are unrivalled in ugliness.... and that's saying something in a crazy thing like this. I guess Burgess, Van Auger, and Pizarro look ok.... but the rest of em O_o; they make Moria look like a beauty queen.
Old 2010-03-07, 21:02   Link #190
FullMetalKid

Personally i am sad to see this arc end. It has shed some light and created new questions in the process. Can't wait till next chapter.
Old 2010-03-07, 21:38   Link #191
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
My biggest concern about the future of One Piece. It was that comment Oda made about this being Luffy's last adventure as a 17yo. I'm remembering about what Iva told Luffy about his original treatment. How supposedly it will cause him to lose ten years of his life. Ivan did mention a few times how that treatment had some dreadful side effect. I believe he even mention having used it on himself and Inazuma after the escape from Impel Down in CH. 549.

I'm worried that Luffy will wake up looking ten years older. I think a lot of the charm will be lost from his fun and lighthearted personality if he is older looking.
That's an interesting thought, but Oda I'm sure is very well aware of that he wouldn't do something that's gonna take the fun out of Luffy, if anything he's gonna come out looking like a bad ass 27 year old. And if he does end up losing his youth, that doesn't mean he won't be funny anymore.

Having said that, personally I've stopped trying to guess what Oda is thinking, maybe he will turn older or more likely something completely different will happen.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-03-07, 21:57   Link #192
ArtCp

Don't worry Luffy won't change, at least not in his "base". Don't put Oda on the same level as Kishimoto please.
Old 2010-03-07, 22:59   Link #193
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtCp View Post
Don't worry Luffy won't change, at least not in his "base". Don't put Oda on the same level as Kishimoto please.
Is that comment for me? Cause I wasn't the one who said that Luffy's gonna change, in fact I was just telling FoxxFireArt the same thing that your saying. Not that it really matters.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-03-07, 23:01   Link #194
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Luffy's not going to change. It'll be understandable if he grieves for a little while, but he'll recover fairly quickly and be back to his exuberant self.
Old 2010-03-08, 04:31   Link #195
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Black Beard Reminds me of how people talk about China. Theres all this speculation about him because he took out Ace. (China grows at 8%, it also is still 1/4th the size of the U.S economy) I think its a stretch to assume that he's the final obstacle. Especially with the whole void century thing and how evil the government is. I really wouldn't be that surprised if his crew is defeated sooner than later in the story. Luffy has a reason to hold a grudge.

Quote:
Man when did OP become so awesome? I could not live without it. And now remembering I really wanted to quit some time ago. Doubtfully that will happen now.
Shabody Triangle onward. Many my life consists of Monday Check Spoilers on Anime Suki, Live life, Read One piece, Live life, Saturday watch Anime, Monday Check spoilers again.
Old 2010-03-08, 05:20   Link #196
karaya
Behind lies is truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Black Beard Reminds me of how people talk about China. Theres all this speculation about him because he took out Ace. (China grows at 8%, it also is still 1/4th the size of the U.S economy) I think its a stretch to assume that he's the final obstacle. Especially with the whole void century thing and how evil the government is. I really wouldn't be that surprised if his crew is defeated sooner than later in the story. Luffy has a reason to hold a grudge.

Shabody Triangle onward. Many my life consists of Monday Check Spoilers on Anime Suki, Live life, Read One piece, Live life, Saturday watch Anime, Monday Check spoilers again.
my thoughts exactly. During shabody this manga really turned around and got interesting.

And you mean Sunday watch anime? Fan subs do not come out until Sunday. Or do they?
Old 2010-03-08, 10:56   Link #197
Illieas

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaya View Post
my thoughts exactly. During shabody this manga really turned around and got interesting.

And you mean Sunday watch anime? Fan subs do not come out until Sunday. Or do they?
Nope saturday 9 pm west coast funimation has the episodes subed and on streaming. if your east coast 12 midnight of sunday
Old 2010-03-08, 11:13   Link #198
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Luffy's not going to change. It'll be understandable if he grieves for a little while, but he'll recover fairly quickly and be back to his exuberant self.
I seriously disagree. This is the first time we've seen Luffy handle Death... and its not just anyone dying, its his brother.

I really doubt he'll still be his carefree self like before, all the mental and physical trauma from the War and losing Ace is definately going to change him. Yeah the change may not be extreme but he'll change nonetheless.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2010-03-09 at 05:43.
Old 2010-03-08, 14:45   Link #199
shankss
CP10

Quote:
I dont' know about the rest of you, but I think the Blackbeard Pirates need a dose of Sanji-kick-in-the-face makeover... they could all really use it. >_>;
I disagree, San Juan Wolf looks adorable as a puppy.
Old 2010-03-08, 15:56   Link #200
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

There is are many questions about San Juan wolf that need answering.
1. How the hell was he captured?
2. How did they even transport him to Impel Down?
3. How the hell did they even get him all the way down to Lvl 6?
4. How did he get out....???

Considerin that he is almost twice the size of Oars Jr ( most likely) It does make you wonder...
Closed Thread