AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-20, 13:07   Link #61
shankss
CP10

Nice joke back there but it just screws the bounty system so hard that it wont be so trustworthy from now on.Hey, since when anyone cares about bounties anyway? (Ex : Blackbeard having none and becoming shichi plus killing Whitebeard - Moria having the second highest and getting killed as the most pathetic villain ever in process)

I will just pray that Oda didnt re-introduce Buggy to world as the man who just replaced whitebeard.

Last edited by shankss; 2010-04-20 at 13:13. Reason: Edited "pwning" word with "killing" to avoid a bunch of enraged fanboys.
Old 2010-04-20, 15:14   Link #62
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
That is so much bull. No matter much of a comic relief Buggy is, that bounty is just BS. Seriously. I would lose a tiny bit of respect for Oda if he actually did that. No need to fuel the "fire"
Although I don't care much for Buggy personally, I don't think such a bounty would be that farfetched.

- He participated in the uprising at Impel Down, and was named as an accomplice of Luffy
- He has been identified as one of Roger's former crewmen, and that he is also associated with Ace and Shanks
- He has gained a sizeable crew, most of which are more powerful than him (which doesn't seem hard at this point, but still), even if they're oblivious of that
- He played a part in Luffy's escape

So, eventhough he's weak and mostly comic relief, in the eyes of the Marines and WG he's made himself out to be a huge threat. Bounties aren't always a reflection of strength, and this is a prime example of that. If this bounty is legit.
Old 2010-04-20, 15:26   Link #63
Illieas

i think too many people use the bounty system as a power scale.
It actually wouldn't surprised me if luffy is the top 3 (first possibily being his father and second now being blackbeard) highest bounties in the one piece universe.

the shear amount of problems he has caused. I don't see how any other individual has caused as much havoc. He was involved in the destruction of all three of the marines main sites and he and his crew beat down 3 of the world's nobles. I don't see how can any one person could top that (blackbeard is close).

I am sure a good portion of the new world pirate crew are stronger than luffy but as it seems luffy is much higher threat as he has shown to actively disrupt their activities at every turn, while yonkous like shanks sit around and booze up.
Old 2010-04-20, 15:33   Link #64
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Luffy also had a general faith in Ace's survival...until the vicre card started burning up. Luffy's duty, as Captain, is to his crew, not someone from another crew. So, I do think it is a somewhat big deal...But, Fair enough. I simply do not want a reunion where Luffy just shows up (where the crew is stationed) and they don't even acknowledge Luffy going off to war without them.
I think it would be more dissapointing if Luffy didn't have that sort of faith in his crewmates. Thats something has been a persistent theme through out his crewmates. Nami and Arlong park saga and the whole of course I need others to help me, and Zoro's whole speech during Vivi's saga about a feral crew. The straw hats have vivre cards, and assuming they are alive, I think its perfectly reasonable for luffy to believe they are strong enough to find their way back. (Not to mention luffy knows that none of them have been sent to impel down .

Him not going after ace originally was a different circumstance in its entirety. A major motivating factor for luffy not initially going after ace, as soon as he found out his life was in danger during the thriller bark arc, was ace would not want him to interfere in his affairs. He violated what he knew to be aces' wishes once he found out he was facing immediate executioun. I do not think any of luffy's crew mates would hold anything against luffy for going after ace, over rendevousing with them. Heck if anything, I'd expect some of them would regret not having been along for the ride in the first place.

If I do expect luffy to repent on anything, its just for being to weak and underestimating the sea. Up through the enies lobby arc, the straw hats have simply just demonstrated how talented they are, and how much they kick butt. Why they are rookie crew of the year. The last three arcs have basically shown how powerless they still are. Luffy would have been killed on half a dozen occasions if it was not for someone elses lucky assistance at various occasions.

1. Kuma and Zorro's assistance
2. Kizaru and Silver Rayleigh + Kuma's assistance
3. Magellen and Bon Clay, and Ivanakov
4. General War and Marco+White Beard
5. Aikanu and Ace's Assistance
6. Aikanu and Jimbei+Crocodile+ Trafalgar + Boa
Old 2010-04-20, 15:35   Link #65
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I'm surprised his bounty isn't higher considering that he is the son of Dragon the revolutionary, his brother is the son of Gol D. Roger, defeated Gecko Moria, he broke into impel down and freed prisoners including other revolutionaries like Iva, helped the attack on Marineford and was a major factor in the war.

He has the king's haki etc...

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-04-20, 15:45   Link #66
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I'm surprised his bounty isn't higher considering that he is the son of Dragon the revolutionary, his brother is the son of Gol D. Roger, defeated Gecko Moria, he broke into impel down and freed prisoners including other revolutionaries like Iva, helped the attack on Marineford and was a major factor in the war.

He has the king's haki etc...
1. coverup
2. not revelant
Old 2010-04-20, 15:51   Link #67
Kallen4life

Luffy's is alright, but for Buggy - 'participated' (more like tagged along) and 'associated' isn't nearly enough for such a huge number .. and like I said his association with Shanks and being part of Roger's crew should've been known before Roger even went to Raftel

he does deserve a triple digit (in millions) bounty though .. but less then Crocodile, who is an ex-Shichibukai, also broke out of ID, attacked a truckload of people @ Marineford (and in the end not a scratch on him - even though he's Logia, impressive), saved Ace, saved Luffy & Jinbei (by cutting High Admiral Akainu in half even if that didn't hurt him), on his orders Mr. 1 again protected Luffy from Mihawk (and later Croc himself kept Mihawk busy) and prioritised foiling WG's plans over his vengeance on WB

Quote:
not revelant
King's Haki is VERY relevant .. the entire Marineford was shocked when he did it (that includes Sengoku, Akainu, WB, WB's crew etc.) and immediately everyone realised it as a huge threat - WB's crew protecting Luffy and Akainu focusing his monstrous determination on Luffy .. currently 3 people possess it (though I kinda think Rayleigh could qualify for KH too with his mastery)

Quote:
coverup
Crocodile's defeat was covered up too (Smoker), but they slapped Luffy a 100 mil regardless
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-04-20, 15:58   Link #68
james0246

^Buggy is the one that published the marines "crimes" by high-jacking one of the snail cameras and showing the world the ruthlessness of the Marines. Considering how big the WG is on their goody goody persona, Buggy's somewhat indirect action, in many respects, outweighs Crocodile's direct crime of actually attacking high ranking marines and Shichibukai.

To put it simplistically, Buggy did a lot of smaller things that could all add up to be more threatening to the WG than the more direct and grander accomplishments of Crocodile.
Old 2010-04-20, 16:00   Link #69
Kallen4life

well maybe . .we'll see

I guess I could live with that, but Buggy's face will be PRICELESS .. or a lot of other people's too
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-04-20, 16:51   Link #70
hero147

I'm on the side that says Buggy is not 600 mill material. Considering Luffy declared war on the World Government, decimated Enies Lobby, and defeated the CP9 only scored him a 300 mill bounty, Buggy shouldn't surpass 300 mill. Bounties should be harder to increase after a certain point, as not to unbalance the scale.
Old 2010-04-20, 17:07   Link #71
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Actually when you think about it, the only guy fought along with Luffy was Buggy.Marco,Jozu,Vista and rest of nw captains were pathetic against Buggy's actions like starting a riot amongst ID, throwing Luffy around and then saving him from Akainu.I guess he deserved the bounty.
Old 2010-04-20, 17:57   Link #72
james0246

To be fair, none of the bounty information has been confirmed, and many sites do not even list the potential spoiler. So, maybe we should focus less on the potential bounties, and more on the possible revelation of Dadan (which seems more legitimate).
Old 2010-04-20, 20:31   Link #73
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think the part referring to Dadan is legit, while the one with the bounties is just wishful thinking of some people.
Old 2010-04-20, 22:15   Link #74
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Plus, I'm sure the WG/Marines aren't stupid. They knew of Buggy and I'm pretty sure they knew he was part of Rogers' crew. Yet what was he bounty before? Probably not that high. Sure he did some stuff accidentally they may be worth noticing, but no way that high.
Old 2010-04-20, 22:46   Link #75
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The Marines did not know Buggy was part of Roger's crew until recently. It's a point in the chapter where they're sailing to Marineford. They considered him a no-name East Blue pirate until the Impel Down incident forced a closer review.
Old 2010-04-21, 02:23   Link #76
itis

Buggy and Shanks were revealed to be part of Roger's crew much later than when they were introduced, and much later than when Buggy's bounty was revealed. Therefore, it is not such a surprise that there are things that don't make sense. These are called plot holes. It is left to the readers to make sense of them.

This is my interpretation of why Buggy's bounty was so low, and why the possible new bounty of 600 mil isn't so farfetched as some of you might believe:

When Buggy was part of Roger's crew, he didn't do much to warrant a bounty therefore the WG did not fully investigate his history or know who he was when his initial bounty was set. For example, the WG didn't even know about Sanji until after the events of Enies Lobby. This explanation makes perfect sense when we take a look at Buggy's personality of being a coward and someone who runs away when faced with a confrontation. Furthermore, after Roger's crew was disbanded, Buggy maintained a low profile. He remained in "the weakest of the four seas" when he could've easily entered the Grand Line - something which even Don Krieg couldn't do. As many people said, he only recently drew attention to himself (not that he wanted to) when he broke out of prison. I would also like to remind you that he was the first one to get out of his prison cell and was believed to be responsible for starting the riot that led to the escape of more than several dozen prisoners from Impel Down - a feat which was said to be so difficult that only one man (someone who was consider to be on par with Whitebeard and Roger) was able to accomplish successfully. At this point, the WG decided to fully investigate his background and learn that he was part of Roger's crew. We know that the WG wants to eliminate anything that is associated with "The Pirate King Gold Roger”. They even executed the person who built Roger's ship. Thus, after learning that Buggy was someone who was part of Roger's crew, and believing that he was someone who was responsible for the events that transpired at Impel Down, it is not implausible to learn that his bounty would go up significantly.
Old 2010-04-21, 02:52   Link #77
Blaine

Spoiler:

This seems kinda unbeliveable.
Old 2010-04-21, 02:53   Link #78
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Cause it's fake.
Old 2010-04-21, 03:20   Link #79
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Enel is just too much retarded to believe in.I'd believe it if it was Lucci instead of Enel but Enel wtf...The man that desires going to moon becomes an earthly admiral lol.

Btw its been a long enough time, it'd be awesome to see Lucci and his co getting back as enemies or friends.
Old 2010-04-21, 03:55   Link #80
Kallen4life

omg, Enel and Aokiji is 100000000000 times more unbelievable then Buggy's 600 mil

however, technically I think he could do it seeing as how Aokiji is vulnerable to heat (he's equal with Ace's fire and I'd be really surprised if Akainu couldn't kill him the same way as Ace - magma evaporates ice instantly) and Enel's lightning generates enough heat to at least easily melt metal (gold) .. Aokiji's got no rubber and Enel is also much faster (and durable seeing as how he walked away from Luffys Golden Rifle)

this spoiler is most likely going to be the real thing
Spoiler for 582:
We are Blackwatch
Closed Thread