AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 01:36   Link #461
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've got a crossover exploration of my own in the works. Should be ready for viewing sometime tomorrow or the next day, if I'm lucky.
Old 2012-01-12, 02:18   Link #462
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laith View Post
Can I get a resume of what happens there?
Why not read it for yourself?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7441415/...Fantasia_Unity

That's the third of three chapters up on FF.net. Other chapters are available... somewhere else.

Quote:
So mostly what Jail did only more vicious, I am guessing?
No, Jail took an entirely different tack, accusing her of adopting and raising Erio and Caro to be useful minions. Which is definitely something her Shadow can throw at her, in the general time period of StrikerS.

Quote:
Add a line or two about not being able to save Reinforce in there and you are golden.
Forgot that; good catch. Though it's less of an issue in the PSP timeline.

Quote:
Maybe adding a little something about pulling Nanoha to the magic side of things which led to her accident? Maybe, not sure about this.
Not a bad idea, but there's more general ground to cover here.

Yuuno's Shadow would accuse him of being too irresponsible or just plain weak to handle the consequences of his actions. He didn't prevent the Jewel Seeds from getting lost on Earth, he couldn't handle the situation without getting an innocent girl involved, and then he didn't stop that girl from overworking herself or getting terribly injured because he wasn't there to support her.

Quote:
Add a comparison to his own father.
That's what I was driving at, yes.

Quote:
Hmmm, more like his shadow showing him that he could be enjoying having all that power, or something like that.
Or urging him to take revenge on Veyron for his slaughtered family.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 03:53   Link #463
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Hmmm, more like his shadow showing him that he could be enjoying having all that power, or something like that.
Shadow Thoma: "No matter how you try to get as many friends, you're still a monster that is not much difference with them. You're not a human anymore. You're just merely a tool and a poisonous person.
Thoma: "NO! YOU'RE NOT ME!"
Old 2012-01-12, 08:06   Link #464
novalysis

That's alot of potential here. Indeed, we might as well take the plot and setting of the Persona series and apply it on the Multi-dimensional level. A series of mysterious and bizarre gruesome murders leads to the three aces being called in. To discover a horrific truth.

Epicness Awesomeness, Carnage and plenty of angst results.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 11:59   Link #465
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Thanks was thinking of researching Persona (dunno what that is)
Old 2012-01-12, 12:10   Link #466
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh yeah, Nova, remember that debate we had about the range of dimension travel? You were right, A's episode 3 is very clear in mentioning range limitations to dimensional travel.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 12:35   Link #467
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
Uh.... has anyone ever mentioned what if Gilliam Yeager from SRW transported into the world of nanoha using his system XN
Old 2012-01-12, 12:49   Link #468
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Thanks was thinking of researching Persona (dunno what that is)
Do you mean the series or the ideas?

Hey, what about Call of Duty and Nanoha crossovers. I wonder know if the conflict between Huckies and Vandin Corporation ended, but the conflict of Section 6 and Huckies still ongoing. Heck, I wonder if ever there is a conversation like this:

Curren: Who is this?
Hayate: This is your Living Lost Logia who you stabbed from behind before. I'm coming for you, Curren.

I wish I'd seen anything like it
Old 2012-01-12, 13:31   Link #469
AngryDesu
Cleaner of Hell's Tokamak

Quote:
Can I get a resume of what happens there?
Basically Nanoha is 'hannibal lectured' by a copy of her primarily on the issue of how she goes about befriending people. It labels her as a bully who essentially beats people up and breaks them down until they're loyal to her out of fear... Then it accuses her of breaking down/in Fate so thoroughly to a level that even Precia didn't manage in order to make the girl almost fanatically loyal to her.

Nanoha doesn't exactly take all that very well.

On persona style shadows and the MGLN cast... It really depends on when you're hitting them with the shadows. The things that work best on them early on (just after A's for instance) are not necessarily the same things that would get the same sort of impacts post StrikerS.

Nanoha, for example, can be hit with the abusive friendship or sadism thing (a'la the one detailed above) early on easily enough. After StrikerS though it could be more interesting to hit her with how her workaholic-ness and over-exertion could lead to her doing to Vivio what happened to herself in regards to her father's hospitalization and her own semi-abandonment for that period.

The key thing, I feel, with Shadows (and Persona crosses in general) is that one shouldn't necessarily go for the most obvious issue. In fact the more obvious the issue a person has the less it should be considered as Shadows tend more towards the issues people do their best to hide, not necessarily the ones they allow others to see easily.
AngryDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:29   Link #470
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh yeah, Nova, remember that debate we had about the range of dimension travel? You were right, A's episode 3 is very clear in mentioning range limitations to dimensional travel.
The only question, of course, is the precise nature of the range limitations.Which is why I think that Carnagi is outside the range , if you want to transfer from Mid-Childa.

Another matter in any crossover: does anyone know of any summary of how the rank system actually operates in Nanoha?
Old 2012-01-13, 04:55   Link #471
green-link94

Here is one.

魔導師ランク試験 – Mage Rank Examination
As the judicial administrator in the inter-dimensional world, the Time Space Adminstration Bureau established the “Mage Rank Examinations” as a form of qualifications assessment for mages. Depending on the direction of magical training, the examination is classified into healing, development, scholarship, and other fields of study; the mage ranking for battle-related magic is split depending on the area where it is to be used, namely Ground or Air battle. These mage ranks do not simply measure magic power or the strength of combat abilities. Instead, they are proof of “the ability to accomplish the prescribed actions in a course of study.”
Also, on average Armed Forces member are usually ranked D~C, while B rank is known to many Air/Ground mages to be an unpassable wall at first.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 08:43   Link #472
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-link94 View Post
Here is one.

魔導師ランク試験 – Mage Rank Examination
As the judicial administrator in the inter-dimensional world, the Time Space Adminstration Bureau established the “Mage Rank Examinations” as a form of qualifications assessment for mages. Depending on the direction of magical training, the examination is classified into healing, development, scholarship, and other fields of study; the mage ranking for battle-related magic is split depending on the area where it is to be used, namely Ground or Air battle. These mage ranks do not simply measure magic power or the strength of combat abilities. Instead, they are proof of “the ability to accomplish the prescribed actions in a course of study.”
Also, on average Armed Forces member are usually ranked D~C, while B rank is known to many Air/Ground mages to be an unpassable wall at first.
Thanks. Which means that Rank assessment of any non TSAB character has to be off the cuff, and estimated. Though the bench-mark of course, is the question. How are these examinations graded, for example? Are they calculated by score? In the Nanoha manga, Fate is ranked AAA after her battle with Yuuno - I take it that was her initial rank diagnosis.

Which basically means that rank is effective combat power, and not a result of innate magical strength alone. Hmm, hard work does work in Nanoha it seems.

Though one wonders whether the TSAB have a different system from judging magical potential.

And whether there is a Unit of Measurement for Magic.

And what types of spells tend to be harder to learn. Ironically, it seems that Barrier Jacket formation and simple Shoot and movement spells seem to be the most basic magics. Barrier, Aria based AOE attacks and Beam-spam and Ritual Magics seem to be the hardest. Flight (effective Flight) , Teleportation, Struggle Binds and Protection seem to be in the middle.

Or at least, that's my take. A pity we never saw Fate Testarosssa's actual training syllabus.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:34   Link #473
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Unit of measurement for magic uses the same units as rank. Which can be terribly confusing at times.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 13:33   Link #474
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Late because lol school and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Why not read it for yourself?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7441415/...Fantasia_Unity

That's the third of three chapters up on FF.net. Other chapters are available... somewhere else.
Yeah something like this.

Quote:
No, Jail took an entirely different tack, accusing her of adopting and raising Erio and Caro to be useful minions. Which is definitely something her Shadow can throw at her, in the general time period of StrikerS.
Ok, then I mostly forgot about that part so I was, again, guessing.

Quote:
Forgot that; good catch. Though it's less of an issue in the PSP timeline.
I usually go canon timeline until stated otherwise.

Quote:
Not a bad idea, but there's more general ground to cover here.

Yuuno's Shadow would accuse him of being too irresponsible or just plain weak to handle the consequences of his actions. He didn't prevent the Jewel Seeds from getting lost on Earth, he couldn't handle the situation without getting an innocent girl involved, and then he didn't stop that girl from overworking herself or getting terribly injured because he wasn't there to support her.
Yep, that's better that what I was going for.

Quote:
That's what I was driving at, yes.
Just making sure, and all.

Quote:
Or urging him to take revenge on Veyron for his slaughtered family.
More like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Shadow Thoma: "No matter how you try to get as many friends, you're still a monster that is not much difference with them. You're not a human anymore. You're just merely a tool and a poisonous person.
Thoma: "NO! YOU'RE NOT ME!"
But adding something more of the "go batshit insane, cause everyone heart attacks" stuff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
That's alot of potential here. Indeed, we might as well take the plot and setting of the Persona series and apply it on the Multi-dimensional level. A series of mysterious and bizarre gruesome murders leads to the three aces being called in. To discover a horrific truth.

Epicness Awesomeness, Carnage and plenty of angst results.
Now it only needs a fitting demonic/godly antagonist and ta-dah Persona/Nanoha crossover. Do not ask for a SMT crossover tho, that would lead to make every character suffer Also, should think a little more, maybe write a little something of this, don't know yet.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 14:12   Link #475
Sunder the Gold

I wouldn't introduce Personae to the Nanoha cast, because they have no need of additional powers.

That doesn't mean that they can't be confronted by manifestations of their own worst fears, however.

Heh. Facing enemies who use a magic system that attacks the psyche with hallucinations and illusions might have been a far better idea that an enemy that renders magic itself powerless.

It bypasses strength in order to hit an actual weakness, without removing the heroes' strengths. Thus, they can be challenged, and once they overcome the challenge, they can stomp their enemies into defeat. All without nerfing anyone.
Old 2012-01-13, 14:24   Link #476
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I promised I'd post something concerning a crossover. Here it is.
Old 2012-01-15, 03:30   Link #477
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I wouldn't introduce Personae to the Nanoha cast, because they have no need of additional powers.
I would, if that means that their Devices upgraded in the other direction of Tech vs Magic scale. Meaning no more mecha parts, but instead having their devices manifesting as ethereal entities. Because I HATE HATE HATE that whole ADD MOAR MECHA PARTS in Force.

This gives an idea of how they would look like.
Old 2012-01-15, 03:42   Link #478
Sunder the Gold

I agree that adding more and more Devices and such is not a pleasant direction, but neither do I think moving away from technology is a good direction.
Old 2012-01-15, 04:04   Link #479
rxrx

Just have a combination of technology, biotech and occult. Imagine a zerg wearing protoss armor. In Nanoha terms, imagine Nanoha having a right tentacle arm and a Raging Heart that can emit plasama shots.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 04:11   Link #480
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
...and a Raging Heart that can emit plasama shots.
If it helps of something, Fate is able to do that since A's, Plasma Lancer anyone xD?

IIRC the Strike Cannon is also supposed to be able to do this.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote