AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-13, 13:19   Link #5301
Justin_Brett

Yeah, good point. It's pretty much just Veyron and Touma so far who have them, and that's just 'cause they're meant to be rivals.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 16:41   Link #5302
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So far, we've also seen different devices wielded by eclipse. Cypha's swords, Curren's katana, Stella's ship, Veyron's claw, DeVille's axe, mookeclipse's powerfists, quite a few really.
Veyron's Claw Garb is an independent Device-like equipement not a divider.

As for Curren's swords, for all intentions and purpouses those aren't divider either, none of them have displayed the power or aestetics similar to the other onscreen dividers. Probably the effectiveness of Curren's katana comes from the Huck Leader's augmented body as also her own skill. She may possibly be the best swordfighter of the Nanohaverse to date.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:17   Link #5303
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I wouldn't say she was in a sword fight, per say. She's fast, nimble and has a book of HAX

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 17:22   Link #5304
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I wouldn't say she was in a sword fight, per say. She's fast, nimble and has a book of HAX
And pretty strong arms as she destroyed a Katana and Two Strike Cannons with little effort.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 18:33   Link #5305
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Veyron's Claw Garb is an independent Device-like equipement not a divider.

As for Curren's swords, for all intentions and purpouses those aren't divider either, none of them have displayed the power or aestetics similar to the other onscreen dividers. Probably the effectiveness of Curren's katana comes from the Huck Leader's augmented body as also her own skill. She may possibly be the best swordfighter of the Nanohaverse to date.
While I will give you the claw (probably a NEXT that explained that, right?) dismissing the katana purely because it looks different from other dividers despite the massive variety in appearances we've seen already is something I can't just accept.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:36   Link #5306
Justin_Brett

The fact that it broke after hitting two AEC weapons when the others didn't is a pretty big clue on that. Unless Curren just has a hundred inferior Dividers for some reason.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 18:44   Link #5307
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While I will give you the claw (probably a NEXT that explained that, right?) dismissing the katana purely because it looks different from other dividers despite the massive variety in appearances we've seen already is something I can't just accept.
About the Claw Garb yes, Veyron's profile explains it's a device-like equipement and not a divider.

Abut Curren's katana there was nothing indiˇcative of it being a divider:

* Curren didn't even seems to be so bothered of losing it.
* It haven't the chance to display any of the characterictics or powers of a divider.
* Deville's Divider-695 and Tohma's Divider-996 easily damaged/destroyed Strike Cannons without receiving any kind of damage in response(695 wasn't even reacted at the moment).

But yeah, i take your point that a confirmation is lacking. Still, nothing displayed by the Katana indicates it to be a divider.

The official art and Curren's rapier in Ch. 17 sugguest that she has a wide supply of swords. Maybe it's a power of her book? Or her divider isn't a physical weapon like the others and instead takes the form of an artifact that allows Curren tu summon various different blades? It's pretty misterious xD

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-01-13 at 19:12.
Old 2012-01-13, 19:09   Link #5308
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
I wonder know what kind of her Divider looks like and what code is it...
Old 2012-01-13, 19:18   Link #5309
LostSome

About Zero`s question, was the Thoma`s book talking about Curren when it mentioned 006 ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:22   Link #5310
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
About Zero`s question, was the Thoma`s book talking about Curren when it mentioned 006 ?
From what chapter is this? It's from Ch. 20 when Curren sent a "book message" to Tohma xD?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 19:25   Link #5311
LostSome

Yeah, I should hunt down something other than the chinese one, but...
Old 2012-01-13, 19:31   Link #5312
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

*checked spanish scans*

Code 006 seems to stand for:

a) The book's sys-code for "audio/video message" or...
b) Curren's IP xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 19:37   Link #5313
LostSome

I see.
Thanks for that.

I just realized that it`s very hard for Stella to take care of her divider.
So much cleaning to do.
Old 2012-01-13, 19:58   Link #5314
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
I just realized that it`s very hard for Stella to take care of her divider.
So much cleaning to do.
...armed only with a towel and a bottle of windex to go on that adventure xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 20:05   Link #5315
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
I don't know why I was asking about it, but certainly, this thing is more and more interesting.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:38   Link #5316
Key Board
Carbon

So are dividers relics, or is it a recent invention like reactors?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 23:46   Link #5317
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So are dividers relics, or is it a recent invention like reactors?
The ones manufactured by Vandin Corp. are stated to be replicas so we don't really know about the others yet. However, if i remeber correctly it was implied that Tohma's Divider-996 was created in the facilites of Vandin Corp. that were attacked by The Huckebein in Ch. 17. Cypha also have a Divider of the "900" series so i wonder if that also was created in that place as well.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-14, 04:37   Link #5318
Key Board
Carbon

That's why I am confused

It implies that Thoma's divider is a replica manufactured by Vandine

but then in the next few chapters you see what a replica divider is like. They have their own serial number. VC9 or VC10 instead of the usual XXX digit
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-01-14, 06:22   Link #5319
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
The way I understood it, first there was the Eclipse virus, associated with the Book of Silver Cross. Both hail from Ancient Belka. Then, someone in the modern times decided to tinker around with Eclipse and created the Dividers to harness their anti-magic powers and Reactors (including Stroseks) to enhance them. These are the once the Hucks and Thoma are using. Lily is one of those old-time Reactors, obviously, which somehow landed in VC's hands and they were trying to get her to react with anyone. In the meantime, VC has reproduced the original Divider/Reactor designs as Replica devices.
Old 2012-01-14, 06:34   Link #5320
Key Board
Carbon

I've checked the earlier chapters.

reactors are created. Implied to be recent?
nothing said about dividers
Strosek series are humanoid reactors made from reverse engineering the Silver Cross Bible

Vandine only seems to be replicating the gunblade and book, though
And they seem to have special interest in the Strosek model

I have theory about Vandine's real goals

If I'm going to guess Eclipse is a bio weapon program and Eclipse infected are zombie berserker soldiers.
Would it be wise to create a zombie army without anyway of asserting control over it, though?

You know how Ixpellia was the master control of all the Marriage zombie soldiers?
Perhaps Silver Cross is the master control for all Eclipse zombies

If that's true, then the Huckebein might not be as sovereign as they think

I think the real goal is for Vandine and Caladwelch to have a perpetual manufactured war between Raptors and their own Eclipse zombies.
Raptors are soulless automatons, so they won't rebel. The problem are Eclipse infected. If Vandine could find a way to bring them under control then the problem is solved. And the back up plan are making their own fake Huckebeins as their pawns.

Tags
manga, nanoha force