Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-11-21, 23:38   Link #281
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezen View Post
I'm about to start playing the PC game, is it really hard to play if you know no Japanese (I'm assuming it is) and if so, does anyone know of that program that translates the game to english or something of that sort?
Well, it sort of depends on what you mean by "hard to play"... In terms of the battle system, you should be able to figure a lot of it out by trial-and-error. But so much of the game consists of story-telling scenes, and the PC game has no voice acting. So, in terms of the actual plot details, you won't have very much to go on. I've never fiddled with auto-translators myself, though I hear they exist (at a quality level not unlike Babelfish and the like, which isn't saying much, but it's something).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-22, 08:56   Link #282
Ezen
Utawarerumono Obsessor D;

Location: Helping Touka kick some ass and listening to: "Kimi Ga Tame"
Send a message via AIM to Ezen Send a message via MSN to Ezen
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it sort of depends on what you mean by "hard to play"... In terms of the battle system, you should be able to figure a lot of it out by trial-and-error. But so much of the game consists of story-telling scenes, and the PC game has no voice acting. So, in terms of the actual plot details, you won't have very much to go on. I've never fiddled with auto-translators myself, though I hear they exist (at a quality level not unlike Babelfish and the like, which isn't saying much, but it's something).
I see, I thought after watching the Anime playing the game might be a little easier since I'll already know the story. I guess not knowing any of the text will make the game last longer? XD
Sure is taking a long time to download. :| Still at 6.5% and I had it on overnight.

EDIT: Taking forever for me to get started, I'm such a computer nub. Now downloading ATLAS so I can at least understand what they're saying (somewhat) since there's so much text. I'm glad they have a "relive the H-Scenes" option, I wouldn't want to go through the whole game all over again to see them.

Last edited by Ezen; 2006-11-22 at 21:46. Reason: Didn't want to double post
Ezen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 18:46   Link #283
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Or you can do it the loooooooooooonnnnnnnng way before I downloaded Atlas. But you're going to want a few things first. You want Anime Games Text Hooker, an open source program that takes the displayed Japanese from the game, copies, and pastes it into a notepad. To get it working, read the details in Mastress Alita's forum here. She's on the HongFire forums and so am I. =]

After you get that running, you can use the notepad program and copy/paste whatever words or phrases you don't understand to various Japanese-English dictionaries online. I recommend these two as I used it all the time at UCSD and my Japanese professors recommended them to me as well.

Jim Breen - for basic words, occassional phrases
Unknown Website Title - a dictionary that looks up modern words and phrases AND sentences used today. Very helpful. The problem is that for longer phrases and sentences, if you miss one word, it will tell you "sorry. No references found" so you gotta either be on the ball or keep your words to a minimum.

Slow but surely you will translate everything. And you want to read it. The story's good. But I'm assuming you have had at least some experience with the Japanese language before........?
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 23:58   Link #284
Ezen

Got the translator working, although I'm considering not leaving it on the whole time as it gets a little annoying. Seen the anime so I sort of know what's going on, but sometimes I'll open the translator.
I hate it when it crashes right after I finish a hard fight. D;
Old 2006-11-25, 02:54   Link #285
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Crash? You mean when it spits out a crazy ton of lines at you when there's dialogue before, during, and after a battle? There is a way to prevent that and it's discussed in the forum link I wrote. But to save you some time, just copy this to your Utawarerumono shortcut target line when you right click:

"C:\Program Files\Agth\agth.exe" /c /kf1:200 "C:\Program Files\Leaf\うたわれるものDVD版\utaware-dvd.exe"

Now it will actually pause. This is assuming that I have your issue figured out. = o

By the way, and I know you probably heard this a thousand times already, but what the anime offers is only a fraction of what the true game reveals. Although I do admit, the anime did clarify some things because it's usually a lot easier to see than to imagine from reading. Hope you're enjoying it.
Old 2006-11-25, 12:58   Link #286
Ezen

Crash as in it just closes. D; Usually happens when I go fullscreen, so that should have been a sign for me.
True that the original game always > the anime version, but I might play through it once without translator just so I know what to do on my second playthrough, it would be easier for me to concentrate on the story.
Old 2006-11-26, 03:40   Link #287
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
The game crashes for alot of people. Tends to do it more often when you speed the text or click quickly. Solution is to save often.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 10:01   Link #288
Ezen

I save every 2-3 minutes or so, but it only crashes right after I finished a fight, what luck. D;
Old 2006-12-10, 14:14   Link #289
Duero
Otaku

I have just got my hands on the original pc game of utawaremono but it´s the japanes game does some one know of a english translation patch ??
Duero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-11, 01:08   Link #290
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duero View Post
I have just got my hands on the original pc game of utawaremono but it´s the japanes game does some one know of a english translation patch ??
There's no such patch (there barely ever are for games in this genre). There was a group that was talking about starting to work on one a while ago, but they haven't said much since. So, no -- the game is in Japanese.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 08:20   Link #291
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
The game is pretty simple to play, so even if you don't know Japanese, you should be able to finish the game. I probably posted this before, but here it is again if anyone is interested: a text translation of the in-game tutorial

As for the patch, alot of the technical stuff is being worked on at the moment, and actual translation work is expected to continue soon.
Old 2006-12-14, 06:05   Link #292
Duero
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybudgy View Post
The game is pretty simple to play, so even if you don't know Japanese, you should be able to finish the game. I probably posted this before, but here it is again if anyone is interested: a text translation of the in-game tutorial

As for the patch, alot of the technical stuff is being worked on at the moment, and actual translation work is expected to continue soon.
I know how to play the game etc but I wan´t to hang with the story in the game shure I have seen the anime and got the storry but it´s no fun to play a game and understand half the story sure I have studdy japanes for like 2 years but hey I only like understand like 1/3 part of the storry ^^
Duero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 05:23   Link #293
Myname

Some questions...

1. Hakuoro... back in the first half of the series, that guy form another kingdom said Hakuoro was his brother-in-law and he killed his sister? Was that true or was it just manipulation on Dii's and old dude's part? If not, whats the story on that?

2. Mutsumi, is it explained how she is the only one that got powers or how she even has enough power AND knowledge to seal up a god? Is the present Mutsumi the same as the one in the past or was Kamyu actually BORN and Mutsumi transferred her spirit into her?

3. What is Karura's relation with that metro emperor?

4. What is Touka's story in the game? How he ends up having sex with all of them too if possible.

5. Is it true that Yuzuha got pregnant in the game? If yes, did she die giving birth to the baby cause of her weak body or did she die before even giving birth? Did Oboro know that she was pregnant with Hakuoro's baby? Anyone find it stupid how he used his powers twice to save Aruru but he never used it once to cure Yuzuha even if he didn't know how to control his power and barely had time to use it?

6. Ok, so I don't think the black wings and the vampirism ever got explained. I know she's like related to this evil blood-thirsty god but I don't get why she needs to suck blood. And is there a reason why her wings are black?

7. Is it explained as to why these test tube lifeforms have animal characteristics besides making them look cute and cuddly?

8. Why wasn't the throne given to Benawi? It makes more sense, than Oboro. And where does he go to at the end?

Oh right, and if Hakuoro is related to Eruru. Does that mean he's sexing up his great^n granddaughter? Or has the blood diluted enough to not matter.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 16:27   Link #294
Zaris
of Porsche

1. The guy from the other kingdom, Orikakan, was planted a very heavy suggestion by Niwe of Shikeripitchum. He allowed him to think that Hakuoro was the one who killed his sister and his nephews/nieces in the process. This anger was so great that he went to war with Hakuoro for it and dragged his bodyguard Touka as well. Too bad it was all a lie. As for the real killer, we'll never know.

2. There's no explanation for Mutsumi's unique power. We're left to believe that she's just a very unique experiment from all the rest. Same Mutsumi now as it was before; you might say her consciousness was sealed in Kamyu. Because Kamyu is different (black wings indicator), she can allow Mutsumi to take form and vice versa.

3. Suonkasu was really really in love with Karura. I forget if Karura was a slave to him already or not. Regardless, Karura removed his genitals at one point and fled. She was presumably captured and sent back to Na Tunk when a storm destroyed the ship. Current events take place afterwards.

4. Next to nothing is known about Touka's background. All we know is her species' name and what they're like (Kuuya and Hakuoro trade stories about their Evinkuruga bodyguards). Touka was given a lesson by Karura to best...please Hakuoro...I think. She kinda forced sex on him as a result. = o

5. Yep, Yuzuha got pregnant from their intercourse. Did she die at childbirth? There's no way to tell, but we do know that she died fairly soon after delivering the baby as Oboro was holding it on that cliffside and the child wasn't like 5 years old or something. Oboro knew. He wanted Hakuoro to do it. Well, you may think it's stupid but there was very little time. Plus, Hakuoro didn't sign a contract with Yuzuha/Oboro. He wouldn't be obliged to use his superpowers to save her as a result.

6. Black wings represent her link and capability to have Mutsumi summoned. Kamyu is a special child. Mutsumi has red eyes. Notice that? As for the vampirism, theorists suggest that it was Mutsumi trying to ressurect herself, but that's really difficult (for me) to believe. Black wings were explained somewhat. Kamyu didn't like being different having black wings but that's about it.

7. Nope! Consider it as the human's experiments between Iceman's DNA and various other animals to create a human augment capable of living on the surface.

8. You'd think so. I think so too. But hey, that was Hakuoro's decision in the end. We don't ever know where he goes.

9. This is difficult to answer. After several generations, the DNA gets so broken up that it's hardly called incest at all. But since we don't know how many years went by between Iceman's sealment into the earth and when he woke up as Hakuoro, we don't know for certain. But for me, since there's no proof, and there are other factors included, you can't say for certain they're related at all.
Old 2006-12-23, 17:54   Link #295
Myname

Ok, last question, what does Utawarerumono mean? The One being sung? Who is "the One"?

Thanks.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-23, 18:40   Link #296
Zaris
of Porsche

That depends on how you interpret it. I honestly do not know. Eruruu in the game sings for Hakuoro. In the anime, Urutorii suggests that the singing is a kind of string that pulled them through they events they went through. In which case, The One would refer to Hakuoro. I dunno! My mind has clayed. lol -.-
Old 2007-01-06, 09:10   Link #297
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I just played through the game - PC version (only watched episode 1 of the anime when it was first aired) in 3 days. Very very excellent. Everything worked out perfectly for me, and from the anime summaries and spoilers I read, seems like everything makes a lot more sense / ends up better in the game e.g. Yuzuha's child, Hakuoro's harem with almost everyone.

My only only only gripe is...why not Kuuya too You know she liked Hakuoro too!

But apart from that the game was perfect, and I am going to assume that at the very end (which is one year later, approx), Hakuoro split with his god mask and returned to Eruru, everyone's happy

Utawarerumono means, the one being sung. My interpretation is, it's the one being sung in hymns and praises. I remember at the very last stage, right before the final battle, when Hakuoro appeared in his Wits form, he said: "My name is blah blah blah, the god you worship, the one being sung (Utawarerumono)." To the people of this world, their god is the liberator (i.e. the Hakuoro who destroyed the lab and let all the specimen out when they killed Mikoto), so the one being sung/praised by them = Hakuoro.

As for Touka, I remember when they were talking about her back story (I think it was Karura), they say that the Evangukuru (or something) race rarely lets their women out of the village - so when a woman do go out on a samurai journey, it was usually to find a worthy father to pass on the seed. of the Evan-something. So she thought, great, I love my master, I think he's the greatest guy ever, so let me have his child. (much to her anguish, Karura lied to her and told her that she can get pregnant by swallowing the semen - which does the exact opposite)

I am still trying to figure out how I can rip the "SADAME" song from the game
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 13:21   Link #298
Skeithis
Von Einzbern

Send a message via MSN to Skeithis
Has a specific route of the H-game been animated , so you can get other endings by chosing other womens (karura for excample) ?
Skeithis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 09:09   Link #299
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quick question: Does anyone know if a 'no CD Key' patch was ever released for the game?
Old 2007-01-23, 17:50   Link #300
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeithis View Post
Has a specific route of the H-game been animated , so you can get other endings by chosing other womens (karura for excample) ?
Eh? Utawarerumono (the PC game), has only one ending. It's linear.

And as for a 'no CD' patch, I think it exists, I downloaded the 'no CD' and 'no DVD' patch. I don't know if they actually work though.