AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-21, 23:10   Link #461
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, you shouldn't, if it ends up being part of the UC timeline, which the majority of people prefer, and if so you're better off watching them in order.
Old 2013-07-21, 23:19   Link #462
monster

If you're able to watch all of them, then you might as well just watch them in production order (see the first post of this thread).

If nothing else, it will let you see how the franchise has evolved/progressed.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:05   Link #463
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
I don't plan on getting hyped over what someone says is the best.

It isn't going to stop me from trying the rest of the franchise if it turns out bad :/.

I'll just put it as a higher priority is all.
Don't prioritize. Watch them in production order because the difference in animation will be jarring otherwise. Keep in mind animation has evolved a ton since the first Gundam series was made so it will take some getting use to for a first time viewer.
Old 2013-07-22, 20:02   Link #464
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Okay, so me and my brother are gonna watch Gundam. ALL. THE. WAY. FROM. THE. BEGINNING! I have watched 00, Wing, and G. 00 being my favorite by far. G being pretty good. Wing I don't remember hardly anything, BUUUUUUUTTT I'm gonna re-watch them to.

So, my questions:
-Which series are better in dub or sub?
- What are the series I can watch out of order?
- What is the best series in the Gundam franchise? Can I watch it without watching the others?
This is just my personal opinion, but I think that the english dub of Gundam Wing was better than the sub.
Old 2013-07-22, 20:05   Link #465
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Same here, for both Wing and G-Gundam.
Old 2013-07-24, 17:42   Link #466
brightman
Ancient Member

G-Reko tentative official title/broadcast date?

For those who missed the news:

http://kaito2198.blog43.fc2.com/blog-entry-1317.html

Quote:
The famous Japanese animation director Yoshiyuki Tomino, as known as the father of animation MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM(Kidou Senshi Gundam), announce that the title of his latest animation--code name "Gレコ"(G reco)-- would be called as "Gのレコンギスタ"(Reconquista of G), at a public radio recording program on July 15(Japan time).

Since 2011, Tomino has said his new animation project with Sunrise Animation is called "Gレコ"(G reco), and on July 15, Tomino joined a public radio recording set by NHK Radio 1st program named "Tonight is TOMINO festival -- NOW, the message from GUNDAM". In recording, when MC asked about the thinking of the classic GUNDAM, he slipped the title of his newest animation from the mouth.

"I made the world UNIVERSAL CENTURY(the era in GUNDAM) more than 30 years ago, and now I know it is impossible, so I will make another world in next animation."said by Tomino.

"Can we ask more about the new one?"said by MC.

"The only thing I can say now is that TOMINO WILL MAKE A NEW ANIMATION NAMED Gのレコンギスタ"(Reconquista of G), and I'm sure you guys has known that."

In fact, in a BANDAI announcement campaign of new GUNDAM plastic model animation "GUNDAM Build-fighters" on July 2nd, the vice-president of BANDAI has announced a new animation of Tomino will be shown in 2014, but he doesn't talk about the title of the new one. So it seems Tomino misunderstand that and make a miss to slip the title of his new work.

"Reconquista” is a history noun, which means the Christian countries taked back Iberian Peninsula from Islamic countries. We don't sure why Tomino pick up this word, but we can suggest that maybe Tomino wants to use the meaning of "Reconquista”, which also means "GET BACK THE LOST GLORY OR TERRITORY". The lost glory maybe means his chair in GUNDAM series, and the lost territory maybe means GUNDAM seems to be a synonym for children animation in Japan, and off course it's not anymore now.

Maybe Tomino wants to say "hey! I will make a really new GUNDAM for children" to us, we don't sure. But well, it is just like what Tomino would say to us, and BANDAI, SUNRISE, Japanese Animation, or etc.

However, TOMINO still decide the final title, so "G" maybe mean "GUNDAM" or just simply called "G", and "no"(of) may be deleted or not. However he doesn't make the final decision, so we can only know that the final title may be called as the variation under.

「Gのレコンギスタ」as "Reconquista of G"
「ガンダムのレコンギスタ」as "Reconquista of GUNDAM"
「Gレコンギスタ」as "G Reconquista"
「ガンダムレコンギスタ」as "GUNDAM Reconquista"

And a good news is that Tomino said that he is making storyboard now, and this new work "Reconquista of G" will probably be broadcasted in Spring 2014. It is believed that further news will be announce in this autumn, so let us be expected that!
Old 2013-07-24, 18:02   Link #467
monster

It may be a play on the name Gundam, but I doubt G would officially stand for Gundam unless this show is supposed to be part of the Gundam franchise.
Old 2013-07-24, 18:30   Link #468
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It may be a play on the name Gundam, but I doubt G would officially stand for Gundam unless this show is supposed to be part of the Gundam franchise.
From what I understand, It was officially announced by Bandai at a Gundam event. More importantly, a release date was given in a presentation about future plans for Gundam.

I think it's save to say that it's part of Gundam one way or another..
Old 2013-07-24, 18:37   Link #469
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
From what I understand, It was officially announced by Bandai at a Gundam event. More importantly, a release date was given in a presentation about future plans for Gundam.

I think it's save to say that it's part of Gundam one way or another..
Does that mean there will be two new and non-SD Gundam TV series (along with Origin) in 2014-2014 timeframe or will one of them be an OVA?

And, wow, if this is part of Gundam, that's a lot of Gundam shows in such a short amount of time.
Old 2013-07-24, 18:40   Link #470
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It wouldn't be the first time a Gundam title lacked the full name of Gundam. G-Saviour, anyone?
Old 2013-07-24, 18:57   Link #471
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Does that mean there will be two new and non-SD Gundam TV series (along with Origin) in 2014-2014 timeframe or will one of them be an OVA?

And, wow, if this is part of Gundam, that's a lot of Gundam shows in such a short amount of time.
Origin has not been confirmed as a full ±50 episode tv show.. And since it will be released in the same year as G reco, only one of them will be a 50 episode tv show. otherwise they will be competing against each other and that's never going to happen.

My bet is on G reco.
Old 2013-07-24, 18:59   Link #472
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
From what I understand, Tomino himself said it might be Gundam Reconquista or might not be, and that its not his decision to make (so probably Sunrise's marketing department will make that determination... Since they control the Gundam brand).

But the show is definitely Gundam-related.

In fact, I found a Japanese blog post from 2007 that indicated that the title "Gundam Reconquista" was trademarked in Japan (this was around the same time as Gundam 00)... So it seems like Tomino wanted to do this project for a while.

Last edited by brightman; 2013-07-24 at 21:54.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 21:12   Link #473
sky black swordman

Quote:

I wonder if that may have something to do with Gundam Age ?
Old 2013-07-25, 02:20   Link #474
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It wouldn't be the first time a Gundam title lacked the full name of Gundam. G-Saviour, anyone?
Oh, I wasn't saying this wasn't a Gundam show because it didn't have the word "Gundam" in its name, in case that's what you thought.

I just didn't think it was a Gundam show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Origin has not been confirmed as a full ±50 episode tv show.. And since it will be released in the same year as G reco, only one of them will be a 50 episode tv show. otherwise they will be competing against each other and that's never going to happen.

My bet is on G reco.
Oh, I hope so. I would prefer an original show for a (main) TV series at least, as opposed to an adaptation from a novel/manga/video game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
From what I understand, Tomino himself said it might be Gundam Reconquista or might not be, and that its not his decision to make (so probably Sunrise's marketing department will make that determination... Since they control the Gundam brand).

But the show is definitely Gundam-related.

In fact, I found a Japanese blog post from 2007 that indicated that the title "Gundam Reconquista" was trademarked in Japan (this was around the same time as Gundam 00)... So it seems like Tomino wanted to do this project for a while.
Well, I'm always happy for more Gundam, so that's good.

And yeah, I think you misunderstood my comment, and mentioning SD/BF/something, but I see you've edited your post, so it's all good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I wonder if that may have something to do with Gundam Age ?
I think it has to do with the 35th anniversary of Gundam and Gunpla, not necessarily Gundam AGE.
Old 2013-07-25, 06:01   Link #475
sky black swordman

Quote:
I think it has to do with the 35th anniversary of Gundam and Gunpla, not necessarily Gundam AGE.
I see. I initially though that the reason for all these Gundam shows coming out was to get people to forget all about Gundam Age.
Old 2013-07-25, 06:28   Link #476
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I see. I initially though that the reason for all these Gundam shows coming out was to get people to forget all about Gundam Age.
There is still Memory of Eden coming up for Gundam AGE.
Old 2014-03-10, 22:57   Link #477
brightman
Ancient Member

http://www.gundam35th.net

Announcements for Gundam's 35th anniversary are coming on 3/20 (ten days from now!)
Old 2014-03-11, 00:30   Link #478
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
http://www.gundam35th.net

Announcements for Gundam's 35th anniversary are coming on 3/20 (ten days from now!)
New anime?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 05:12   Link #479
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
New anime?
Yes, they already said a new series will be announced around that time.
Old 2014-03-11, 23:14   Link #480
n0m@n
C-Z

New Gundam anime? Nice.
Gundam will always be the best anime series in the world.