Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-14, 10:16   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 374 Discussion

Gray Wolf, Red Blood, Black clothing, White Bone

Quote:
Quote:

* Love and Rose are looking in shock at what just happened . The blade that Stark thought had stabbed him was pulled out in an instant . Stark is shocked and turns around to see the attacker . Strange Buzzing sound reverberates in the air Zuzuzuzuzuzu……. Stark’s shadow itself begins making noise and as it does so it starts to take shape. That shape slowly becomes Kyouraku .The figure carried a long swords in each hand and had a disturbing expression on its face . Stark then asks Kyouraku, who’s now standing in front of him . What was that Technique, duving in the shadow and its ridulious technique . Stark is a little suprised Shunshui hid that from him

* Kyouraku: “Kage oni”, it’s not like I was hiding it. It’s just that this little one wasn’t in the mood before. My Katen Kyoukotsu’s ability is to turn children’s games into reality. Katen Kyoukotsu decides the rules of the game and anyone who falls within the area of its Reiatsu is forced to follow its rules—including me. For “Taka Oni” the one who goes up higher wins. For “Kage Oni” the one who gets their shadow stepped on loses…If you win you live and if you lose you die. It’s pretty selfish. And it’s pretty tiring being the one pushed around, even if it is for the sake of my adorable sword.”

*As he says this, Kyouraku turns the sword in his right hand so that the tip of its blade points downward and says right . As he mumbles this to the sword, he stabs it right into the ground . The point of the blade that had been stabbed into the ground flies up from the ground at Stark . But Stark manages to narrowly avoid the attack by leaping in the air . Kyoraku is amazed how Stark caught on the technique . Stark raises his right hand and a blade appears . As the two cross blades Kyouraku then says over his sword… " Iro Oni” – ‘Grey’” .Even though his right arm had just been cut by Kyouraku .

* Stark is overwhelmed by an odd sensation . Stark wonders why his wound shallow as it felt the attack was strong enough to rip off his arm . Then he relaizes his arm is grey colored whilst rest of his body is not , Stark is still anaylizing and is interrupted by Kyoraku Voice . Kyoraku enquires whats wrong and its Stark's turn now . All Stark has to do is call name of color he wants to cut . Kyoraku adds he wont be able to cut any color . Stark looks at Kyoraku with and mutters "White" . Kyoraku is shocked at first and realizes whats going to happen . Kyoraku grumbles and is sliced by Starks on his back .

* Kyouraku: “You got me. That was a good answer. In “Iro Oni” you can also be damaged if the name of the color you call out is cut by your opponent. On top of that, by calling out colors that are more and more risky for you, you can deal bigger blows. For you, “white” was the color that could both give and take the largest amount of damage…To think you'd be able to figure that out in one hit though…you really are a pain to deal with.” As he says this, Kyouraku attacks Stark .

*As Stark fights back against Kyouraku’s attacks, he thinks about the decisions he made in the past. Stark (thinking back): “That's my line. Why the hell do I have to fight someone as strong as this guy anyway? I was jealous of the weak ones. All of our friends would have their souls shaved away and disappear just by being around us. So out of loneliness I split my soul into two. Which one was the original, or were either of us even the original. That was the only way I could escape loneliness. I was jealous of the weak ones. If I was weak then I could certainly go with any number of other groups. I wanted to be weak, and if I couldn't become weak then I at least wanted to have friends who were as strong as me…”

*All of a sudden, the number on Kyouraku’s robe flew in front of his eyes . Stark, now returned to his senses, cuts at it but Kyouraku isn't there . And at that moment, Kyouraku suddenly appears in front of Stark and after giving him a cold look says “Black” and as he says this, he cuts stark right from the front .

Credits : Czeria / Nez / Zangetsu
/ / 69Ruma / PocketMofo / Nja

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules. Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-09-16 at 12:21.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:29   Link #2
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

"Child's play into reality" is it? How very interesting. This form though also has major backfire potential if the opponent can figure out the game. This form is more like a turn based game of who ends up killing the other first.

I think I'm just glad to see it was indeed Kyouraku that ended up stabbing Stark.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:45   Link #3
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
If you're the shadow-monster, you lose if your shadow gets stepped on.
Haha, I called it first this time. xD

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...83#post2638983
Old 2009-09-14, 10:49   Link #4
Vinak
Procrastinator

Kobo has truly lost his mind.

"strength" seems to have become solely based on the abilities of your sword. so basically it's random chance whether or not you are a strong fighter, or cannon fodder.
Old 2009-09-14, 10:51   Link #5
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

* Chapter Begins with Shunshui stabs Starks from behind the shadows and says his ability is to turn child's play into reality . Shunshui ability is related to some Japanese shadow game If you're the shadow-monster, you lose if your shadow gets stepped on. If you're the tall-monster, you win by being the taller one. You die if you lose and live if you win. .

* And once someone is in the region of swords shadow your at the mercy of Shunshui . The rules are dictated by naming of the sword and Shunshui's sword alone . Shunshui continues and says according to the naming of the sword, once you go into that area, you have no choice but to play by the rules.

* With that Shunshui engages Stark roaring "Iroki, haiiro" (Monster of color, gray) . Stark says even when he has been cut down he doesn't worry that its a serious wound . Shunshui mocks Stark telling him not to turn as he is breaking the rules of the Game (Shadow Game) . Stark observes and replies as he doesn't have any gray its monster of color white .

* Kyouraku's expression changed and on his back was a splash-shaped wound and a tremendous amount of blood is sprayed out. Shunshui mumbles he wasted too much time explaining rules of the game . Shunshui is amazed that how he turned Shunshui attack on him despite Stark been injured ,

* Shunshui also says Stark delivered a large blow by going for his weakness . Shunshui is amazed Strak understood the working of his sword and acknowledges him as pain in the butt . Stark says right back at Shunshui and wonders why does he have to face someone this strong

* Stark's has a flashback I envy the weak ones. The ones around me will soon become corpses. Because of the loneliness, I have split my soul into two, I've already forgotten which one of us is the original. I envy the weak ones. They are able to live in groups. If someone as strong as me joined as my comrade...

* Stark cut across the Happi (Kyouraku's captain coat) that was thrown at him. Kyouraku is now all in black. "Monster of color, Black!" Stark got cut open everywhere . Chapter Ends

Quote:

-Nja doesn't know if it's shikai or bankai, and there's no change in the shape of the sword.
-It's just that when Shunsui was talking and pointing with his sword, he was using his right hand.
-It's worth noting that maybe the sword on his left hand has other abilities?
Credits : Czeria / Nez / Zangetsu
/ / Nja
Old 2009-09-14, 11:07   Link #6
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Interesting... I'm glad it was Shunsui. I hope he didn't just kill Stark.
Old 2009-09-14, 11:16   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Hopefully KT is not a Yugioh fan . Couldn't get much on shadow games but this one

Quote:
In the playground my preschool class plays shadow tag. It's just like regular tag except we tag each others shadows. This opens up a lot of discussion on why shadows are long or short and why we can't play this game on a cloudy day.
If anyone knows the Game in Q being referred to here please do share . Google isn't being of any help now =/
Old 2009-09-14, 11:32   Link #8
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Shunsui is illogical - if his strenght is very confusing game, then why he explained it. I mean, Ukitake warned him about showing his skill, not to mention explaining it Oo

All that wait just to hear that it's Shunsui that takes the fight. Vaizards were covered in smoke for too long and now they are hopeless - they exposed their weakness too early, now they can't fight.

After hearing Starks flashback it seems that he wouldn't die against 10 vaizards and yet he will lose to a SS captain.

I love the fact that Soul Society is SS in short - like Schutzstaffel XD
Old 2009-09-14, 11:54   Link #9
kitten320

Oh, somehow that sounds really interesting. Finally Shunsui proves that he really is worth of a title as one of the strongest captains.
But damn, where was Ukitake to shut his mouth? I guess Ukitake was the only smart one who didn't tell his abilities but said "Figure it yourself". Big respect to him for that.

But what does shadows have to do with wind? After all his shikai is based on wind.

P.S. Quiet an early spoiler and with so much details! I guess we will get an early chapter this week.
Old 2009-09-14, 11:56   Link #10
Lendial

what a massive plot twist for lily to be the true primara original.
Old 2009-09-14, 11:57   Link #11
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
what a massive plot twist for lily to be the true primara original.
Lol soon Lillynete will come out and Stark will turn into "Death Canon"
Old 2009-09-14, 12:06   Link #12
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Can someone explain the japanese 'shadow game', coz my mind is now filled with the ol' YGO versions of it...

Imagine how funny will it be when Lily is the true primera. Stark uses pistols, Lily uses rocket launchers? (Ya I noe Ururu has it, but who knows?)

If Shunsui's zanpakuto has 1 ability for each blade, god knows what will happen now... With one sword, he already put two vizards to shame already (and i'm assuming its the shikai)
Old 2009-09-14, 12:19   Link #13
SeanQ

Lol...confusing spoiler...
________
DianaAngel

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:04.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:29   Link #14
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
now that's good manga
Old 2009-09-14, 12:52   Link #15
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why do I think, that when Stark is about to loose, we get to know that he wasn't the original to begin with.
Well he might have been. He said he forgot which one, so the number 1 could still be either him or Lily until it's actually stated in the next chapter or so.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:45   Link #16
lucasd

I can understand Aizen saying he has absolute hypnosis, it's like Achilles saying I'm immortal.

But here we got Achilles saying "I'm immortal, unless you cut me right here. Do you see it or should I get closer...."

And i'm seconding that comment about sword and strength randomness...
Old 2009-09-14, 13:47   Link #17
Gin
*Artist

Wow Kubo really stepped up his game this chapter, I wonder if this is just his Shikai
Old 2009-09-14, 13:56   Link #18
kamyu

Quote:
* Stark's has a flashback
okay, he can die now
Old 2009-09-14, 14:00   Link #19
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I don't get it
Old 2009-09-14, 14:12   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It'll porbably make more sense when you actually read the chapter. Spoilers can be confusing. But these spoilers certainly do make this weeks chapter look promising...
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga