AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 19 27.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 38.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-09, 18:58   Link #21
yoropa
Director

Just when I thought this show had reached its climax with no where else to go, it takes a completely new turn into uncharted territory with its compass pointing in the direction of adventure.

I love it.
Old 2010-04-09, 21:13   Link #22
Project_MkUltra

Saw the subbed version. Hardly anything happened until the end, which was a cliffhanger.

This is why I like watching anime that already finished so that I won't have to wait a week or 2 to watch it.
Old 2010-04-09, 23:13   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

Finally watched the episode, feels really nice to have to have the show back. Liked the new OP as much as the old one, same with the ED. The relationship between Kida, Saki and Izaya has my attention the most.

Despite it being a setup episode it's interesting how the Dollars meeting has affected the city as whole and the further foreshadowing of oncoming events. Celty no longer has the freedom to travel the streets as she did before since the police are now aggressively pursing her, or at least Kuzuhara is. The Slasher is now increasing claiming more victims and has even made the news and various magazines. The newly revived Yellow Scarves are showing open hostility to the Dollars which means soon or, later Mikado will get involved with them. Then there's Shinra's father who has decided to pay a visit.

It was nice finally get Anri's perspective for once and... she definitely has issues. It was pretty strange to hear her talk in third person especially in her own thoughts. Not knowing difference between friendship and love? Not sure of her place Mikado and Kida? And there's that really creepy bit in the end where the Slasher appeared perhaps signaling she too become another victim much like those 3 stooges.

It's also confirmed Kida really was in Yellow Scarves when some old friends try to recruit him back into the gang. It also amusing seeing him tease Mikado about Anri, but it really hard to tell if he's gunning for her or, he just wants to force Mikado to make a move.

Shingen turned out to be a riot, it's really different impression from brief period you see him earlier on. Kuzuhara seems like he'll fun guy too, doesn't give damn whether Celty's a monster or not.

Nobody seems to mentioned this yet, but the Slasher seemed to be looking at Shizuo again in this episode, and Izaya has a new board setup, I wonder how far his hand is in these events. Him speaking Russian with Simon was interesting and going by their conversation Simon knows he's upto something.

EDIT: Forgot to note, but did anyone sort hear voices during the Slashing scene at the end?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-04-10 at 01:37.
Old 2010-04-10, 06:45   Link #24
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
OMG New episode?! Where to begin. Loved the new OP, not hot for the ED.

Too much to say so little time before work. All I have to say for now is:

Implied Celty and Shinra have been in bed. ( O_O )
That's Shinra's dad? I was going wtf the whole time in that scene. I expected him to be darker.

Last but not least, POOR ANRI-CHAN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *Clings to someone's leg*
(Feels so bad for Anri.)

EDITED: Jeszzzzzz christ are Seiji and Mika shagging like all over the city, they popped up like 3 times kissing somewhere that episode.

Also, the more i listen to the OP the more i feel like i've heard that song similar somewhere before.
Ah right the chorus sounds similar to New World Back-on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seF7bbH6IcA

(Runs off to work)

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2010-04-10 at 07:01.
Old 2010-04-10, 08:36   Link #25
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

I agree with Kida!!! Anri is soooo ero-kawaii!!! and lolz at Celty... afraid of cops.
Old 2010-04-10, 10:19   Link #26
raruku

I can't help myself rewatch new OP again and again .

The music's GAR !!!
Old 2010-04-10, 10:36   Link #27
Unellmay

I love the new op!
Old 2010-04-10, 10:38   Link #28
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Love both opening song and the ending song.
And did anyone notice in the opening when Simon stopped a flying pole threw by Shizuo, Izaya was standing behind Simon? Double appearance in the opening, that's a first. It also seems to hint that they are in cahoots as follow by the conversation between Simon and Izaya.
Old 2010-04-10, 10:41   Link #29
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Is it wrong that I love that cop's Rider-scarf so much?
Old 2010-04-10, 11:22   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Human sushi ! Umai yo~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It's also confirmed Kida really was in Yellow Scarves when some old friends try to recruit him back into the gang. It also amusing seeing him tease Mikado about Anri, but it really hard to tell if he's gunning for her or, he just wants to force Mikado to make a move.
Kida finds Anri sexy (who doesn't?) but I don't think he's serious at all about her. He's trying his best to get Anri and Mikado together, like the true bro he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Nobody seems to mentioned this yet, but the Slasher seemed to be looking at Shizuo again in this episode, and Izaya has a new board setup, I wonder how far his hand is in these events. Him speaking Russian with Simon was interesting and going by their conversation Simon knows he's upto something.

EDIT: Forgot to note, but did anyone sort hear voices during the Slashing scene at the end?
I only noticed the slasher behind Shizuo when watching the sub, I'm not exactly sure what to make of it... I didn't really hear voices at the end, other than the three stooges and that creepy (but awesome) music. Also, looking at the ending scene closely, it looks like the attacker is using a kitchen knife and not a sword, so it's not THE slasher attacking those girls. That's why I still think the slasher is Anri (cf. the discussion in the general thread a long time ago). The fact Anri talked about herself in third person is definitely weird, split personality maybe?
And I was surprised at how much Simon knows... I interpreted his short conversation with Izaya to be about Celty's head.
Old 2010-04-10, 11:35   Link #31
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Implied Celty and Shinra have been in bed. ( O_O )
I thought the tone Shinra used was in a wishful thinking way, like he wishing that she "would" be like that in bed with him not "when" they are in bed. "見せろ" is the key word that indicate wishful thinking. He has mentioned in previous episodes his desire to get in bed with Celty and to go as far as marry her to obtain it. He always get the same treatment from Celty when he makes those sexual comments (punch or karate chop to the stomach). The fact that Shinra was delighted and surprised that she hugged him make me think they have not yet done the dirty deed.
Old 2010-04-10, 12:01   Link #32
Demoned Away

Quote:
Also, the more i listen to the OP the more i feel like i've heard that song similar somewhere before.
Ah right the chorus sounds similar to New World Back-on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seF7bbH6IcA

(Runs off to work)
IMO the ending sounded a lot like the 3rd (I think?) opening for FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwaf-cYwM-0
Old 2010-04-10, 12:37   Link #33
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wow, didn't hear the slasher voices in the end or see the slasher behind Shizuo at all (but I did see a crapload of refernces in the new OP and the Sora no Woto one, plus the NSM window on Mikado's computer gave me a laugh). And I started laughing when Sakai came onto the board at the end and everyone is going "Oh jeeze, AGAIN?!?" It seems like Kanra/Izaya doesn't know who Sakai is either which is interesting, though that Izaya knew everything.
Not crazy about the new ED, suspect it'll grow on me, but the new OP was better when with the animation and I like it a ton now. Nice how they used match-cuts in there again as well, even after seeing the first DRRR OP and the Baccano OP use that style it doesn't feel over used at all.
Old 2010-04-10, 13:25   Link #34
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Ah right the chorus sounds similar to New World Back-on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seF7bbH6IcA)
Ah, so I'm not the only one who thought this.
Old 2010-04-10, 13:56   Link #35
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

hmm so we're getting more slasher now. the guy's dad is hilarious.

cool new OP/
ED: its been a while since I heard ON/OFF - since vampire knight lol.
Old 2010-04-10, 15:48   Link #36
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Could Celty get any more cuter!!!

Just shows how much impact good animation and voice acting can make. They don't even need a head!
Old 2010-04-10, 16:47   Link #37
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The fact Anri talked about herself in third person is definitely weird, split personality maybe?
And I was surprised at how much Simon knows... I interpreted his short conversation with Izaya to be about Celty's head.

I think it is told this way probably because she seems to have a distinct differentiation between outside herself / body, (and the world) and her very being / person / soul.

We've seen her "phase" out of the world inside herself for refuge during when she was at the bench being teased by the boys, and at the end being bullied (The end scene is a good depiction of the victims of bullying). I totally relate to this as when i'm getting flakked by a boss or people alot of the times I try to "blank" out and ignore it all. I'm sure you (yes you whose reading my post ) do this when your getting yelled at sometimes too.

However the "deep extent" she blocks the outside world suggests heavy emotional scarring beyond what school bullying would inflict on someone. Maybe family issues as well perhaps, or an incident in the past?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I only noticed the slasher behind Shizuo when watching the sub, I'm not exactly sure what to make of it... I didn't really hear voices at the end, other than the three stooges and that creepy (but awesome) music. Also, looking at the ending scene closely, it looks like the attacker is using a kitchen knife and not a sword, so it's not THE slasher attacking those girls. That's why I still think the slasher is Anri (cf. the discussion in the general thread a long time ago).

- After being wrong about Celty's head sewed on Mika's body last arc, I can't really assume much about Anri being a Slasher because i'm half expecting some sort of twist to happen. (Thumps up for the awesome not-so-predictable script.) =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I thought the tone Shinra used was in a wishful thinking way, like he wishing that she "would" be like that in bed with him not "when" they are in bed. "見せろ" is the key word that indicate wishful thinking. He has mentioned in previous episodes his desire to get in bed with Celty and to go as far as marry her to obtain it. He always get the same treatment from Celty when he makes those sexual comments (punch or karate chop to the stomach). The fact that Shinra was delighted and surprised that she hugged him make me think they have not yet done the dirty deed.
Hm, yes I suppose so. It must of been the subs, many a translators are not doing a very good job keeping the meaning behind dialogue intact. (Theres been many news around about the poor quality of fansubs recently.)

Anyway I really wanna give Anri a very big hug and pat on the head. Poor things been through so much.
T.T

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-04-11, 01:32   Link #38
wry bread

Wow, Shingen's personality was totally unexpected (then again, like father like son? No wonder Shinra's so off-kilter.)

The new OP song is pretty good, but I don't really like the ED...Trust Me still has a very special place in my heart. lol.

Housewife!Namie in the OP is win
Old 2010-04-11, 01:56   Link #39
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Wow.

Celty's moe-ness was overwhelming.
Old 2010-04-11, 07:41   Link #40
xKeen

The new OP was good, but I didn't really like the ED. I thought Anri was the slasher...hmm...
The chat box was creepy when she slasher came in...Izaya,was it? did not know how to block him/her either xD

Credits to Pellissier~
Closed Thread