AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 02:23   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 581 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The break's over, so we've got a new OP spoiler to kick off the new week, folks! However, we must once again keep in mind that the spoiler has yet to be confirmed to be legit. Still, this definitely sounds like authentic stuff to me, so here goes:

-Chapter title is "The future is creeping up". The television broadcast announces the marines' victory at Marineford. Meanwhile, it seems that Hancock finally caught up to Luffy, then heads back to Amazon Lily (presumably with Luffy in tow).

-The rest of the supernovas were still watching the war at Sabaody. Kidd mentions that the remaining Yonkou ruling the New World are Shanks, Kaidou, and someone named "Big Mom". Bonney still seems to be upset about the war, blaming an unknown person for the events taking place at Marineford, and swears to hunt that person down (whoever it is she's angry at hasn't been specified).....

-At Impel Down, it's revealed that Magellan is fatally injured. It turns out that many more level 6 prisoners than the ones who joined Blackbeard's crew busted out of prison along with him......

-The government wants to conceal the details of the ID incident from the world, but Sengoku disapproves of their decision. Meanwhile, Doflamingo tells Moria that he was useless, and will kill him off under the pretense that he died in the war. Moria asks if this was an order from Sengoku, but Dofla replies that he's acting upon orders from someone even higher up the ladder.......

Whoa-hoa-hoa! Things are starting to really heat up already, despite the war having just ended! Still, I really hope that Moria doesn't get killed off. I hate it when the characters I like most are the ones who end up getting the shortest end of the stick.....

So anyways, it looks like we finally got the name of the last Yonkou, who, judging from the name alone, seems most likely to be Lola's mom after all. It's also pretty crazy to learn that Magellan got attacked by an onslaught of level 6 prisoners (hey, maybe this means that Bon Clay was able to escape him too, eh? ). Heh, looks like the New World is about to become a lot more interesting than we thought.....

And so, it seems that Luffy's going back to Amazon Lily to recover. I wonder if this means that Law's crew will be allowed on the island, as well? If the Kuja had the impression that Luffy was normal for a male, I can't even begin to imagine what they'd think of Bepo!

But man, oh man, this sounds like an awesome chapter (if it's real, that is). We should get confirmation of its authenticity by tomorrow......

Still crossing my fingers for Moria's survival >_<

Edit: Oh yeah, it looks like OP's going on another break after chapter 582 comes out, but it won't be because the author is taking a break. The whole SJ lineup will be on break due to the Golden Week holiday. Just a heads-up....

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-04-12 at 10:17.
Old 2010-04-12, 02:36   Link #2
Jaieni

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Chapter title is "The future is creeping up". The television broadcast announces the marines' victory at Marineford. Meanwhile, it seems that Hancock finally caught up to Luffy, and is taking him back to Amazon Lily.

And 10 months later Luffy goes off to search for his crew leaving his wife and newborn daughter back on Amazon Lily.

I hope that Magellan survives, he would've been a good opponent for Luffy to have a rematch with just to see how much he's grown in an arc or three. Though Lava Man will most likely be that (revenge for his fallen brother).
Old 2010-04-12, 02:55   Link #3
marvelB

*grumble mumble*..... Huh? Oh, right, Magellan. Yeah, sucks that he was taken down and all that jazz. I guess I'm interested in finding out who the rest of those leel 6 prisoners were, though. Oh, and how about that Big Mom, eh? Yep, I'm sure that she's Lola's mama... or something..... I guess......

Man, to think that Dofla would do that..... to Moria..... I mean, I know that it would cement his status as a major villain and all, but why, of all people....? *mumble grumble*.....

Edit: Actually, after thinking it over, I really shouldn't lose confidence so easily. After all, Moria's a Shichibukai himself, for cripessakes! Hell, he was even considered to be something of a rival for one of the Yonkou! I doubt that Dofla would be able to topple him that easily!
Old 2010-04-12, 03:49   Link #4
andy

OP spoilers just seem so out there need more info before i comment .
Old 2010-04-12, 04:05   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

With a moniker like "Big Mom" it's definetly unanimous that the final Yonkou is a woman. And judging by those silouettes shown a while ago, the "big" part is definetly there for a reason. =p

Are you sure Bonney isn't referring to Blackbeard? As I recall that battle between him and Ace was the excuse for this whole conflict to commence.

I'm sure Bon Clay made it out of there okay. Nothing will stop the Okama Way.~

While Moria's role was short lived, TBH I think now is a good time for him to be killed off. The arc where he was the main antagonist has already passed and since the Whitebeard War is over, Oda might have no more ways of writing him in for future plot.

If he IS killed, this pretty much brings down the Shichibukai to only Mihawk, Doflamingo and Kuma. (Maybe Boa, but she might be stripped of her title soon for assisting the enemy.)
Old 2010-04-12, 04:41   Link #6
Gin
*Artist

So is Big Mom Captain Lola's mom?
Old 2010-04-12, 04:42   Link #7
Crimson Reaper

Ahh spoilers! How I love thee. Anyway..
Quote:
Meanwhile, it seems that Hancock finally caught up to Luffy, and is taking him back to Amazon Lily.
(I'm gonna assume she takes him alone after stoning the Marines)This is an interesting situation, lots of things can happen here. Boa could try and convince Luffy to stay with here. Train him in Haki. The Strawhats may track Luffy down here. Or when Luffy does eventually leave he takes a certain Amazon with him. Why? Meh, Boa might want to have someone watch over him and send reports of his well being back to her or something. I just want Margaret to join for a while darn it!

Quote:
Kidd mentions that the remaining Yonkou ruling the New World are Shanks, Kaidou, and someone named "Big Mom"
Yep that will be Lola's mom, that's basically a favour owed from a Yonkou that Luffy can cash in right there.

Quote:
Bonney still seems to be upset about the war, blaming an unknown person for the events taking place at Marineford, and swears to hunt that person down
She's becoming another interesting character, be interesting how this turns out.

Quote:
At Impel Down, it's revealed that Magellan is fatally injured.
As long as Bon-chan is still alive, I could care less. Sorry Magellan fan's, he just doesn't strike me though I admire his strength. He'll live I'm sure Oda's just trying to make an early point as to the strength of these level 6 guys.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Doflamingo tells Moria that he was useless, and will kill him off under the pretense that he died in the war.
Well he had already been beaten once and wasn't much use in the war so this comes as no surprise. Doflamingo also needs something to set himself up as a high level threat as well, this will do nicely.

Quote:
The whole SJ lineup will be on break due to the Golden Week holiday
God damn you again Golden Week!*Sigh*
Well looking foward to this chapter, gonna be great!!
Old 2010-04-12, 05:12   Link #8
shankss
CP10

Unless there was someone with ranged logia, haki or poison immune powers, Blackbeard might've got his revenge on Magellan back there.After all he was there when level 6 prisoners escaped.

And Oda is finally getting rid of Moria the most useless shichi once and for all while showing off some Donflamingo powers..That was unexpected yet I was expecting Moria to go down at a point.At least I hope it will be an interesting fight.
Old 2010-04-12, 05:32   Link #9
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Luffy is gonna be a pretty broken guy when he recovers. He was soundly defeated. Ace died. Whitebeard died. I think he'll stay with Boa until someone comes and gets him.

From the flash sideways, it seems that Zoro will be the one reassembling the team since he seems like the one in the situation best suited to that task. He is with Perona and seems desperate to get off the island. Chopper may also set off to get some team members as his surroundings are too dangerous for him to stay put. Then again, Chopper could have become leader of the tribe.

Sanji is "trapped." Nami, Usopp, Robin, Franky are busy "learning." Brook is "busy."

Duval may also take it upon himself to look for the crew, as well. . . since he is BFF with the straw hats.

As I see it, Zoro and Perona get off the island. The meet up with Duval and the ship. They sail around picking up the lost crew. Last one picked up is Luffy.

They find him a year or two later, married to Boa. He has a kid name Go... I mean Ace. He farms or is some sort of fisherman. Luffy is going to be pretty traumatized. Boa will nurse him back to health. He'll retire from adventuring for a while. They'll settle somewhere.
Old 2010-04-12, 06:25   Link #10
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Some of these spoilers sound fishy. For one, how could Boa of found Law's ship when all they did was sail forward aimlessly? Law's ship is a sub. Why would he expose himself to a Marine vessel about escaping. Not to mention he was so injured you'd think he'd need to be in a doctor's care for a while.

Why take him back to Amazon Lily when they are so near Sabondy Archipelago? Rayleigh is right there with the Thousand Sunny. That's where everyone else from the crew will be heading with their Vivre Card pieces.

It also doesn't make a lot of sense that the Supernovas would still be in Sabondy Archipelago after they all pretty much had to battle those PX series just to escape. They were all heading for the New World. Why would you fight to escape and go right back to where you were nearly caught?

The only to crew members outside the Grand Line are Robin and Chopper. Robin was last seen with Revolutionaries. Surely she could find a way to get a lift. They must have a way through the Calm Belt. Even taking the Red Line could get you close enough.
Chopper is on the island with the large birds. Odds are he can fly one of them where he needs to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
So is Big Mom Captain Lola's mom?
That's what I was thinking. Nami has a Vivre Card that leads to her.
Old 2010-04-12, 07:28   Link #11
james0246

Isn't this a little premature, MarvelB? I haven't seen these spoilers confirmed by any of the Named, so this could be just a well constructed lie...

That being said, I hope it is real just so we can see Moria get killed and stop talking about that silly devil wannabe...
Old 2010-04-12, 08:06   Link #12
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Isn't this a little premature, MarvelB? I haven't seen these spoilers confirmed by any of the Named, so this could be just a well constructed lie...

That being said, I hope it is real just so we can see Moria get killed and stop talking about that silly devil wannabe...
Well Aohige_AP post them over at AP but he did say they could be wrong, also marvelb mess up cause it say Hancock catches up to Luffy, and heads to the Kuja island.

It never said if he was with her or not but people should know how Apprentice spoilers are by now if this really him .
Old 2010-04-12, 08:54   Link #13
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Oh man...Boa catching a submarine underwater and Magellan going down without any reason at all...It sounds like a fanboys wet dream fake spoiler.Im actually surprised that spoilers didnt include Boa yelling "Luffy dont die on me! I carry your child!"
Old 2010-04-12, 09:14   Link #14
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

After the deaths of WB & Ace, no character is safe any more. No longer can we assume that a certain character is not above being killed off. If WB or Ace can, then any1 can. Although it sounds like an interesting chapter, i'll reserve judgement on this until it has been confirmed
Old 2010-04-12, 09:15   Link #15
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Unless tracking is another application of haki, how did Boa find out which way they were going?
Old 2010-04-12, 09:18   Link #16
seiji_kun

Missed my weekly dose of OP but this spoilers seem so damn good that it makes me think they're legit or at least I hope they are. I do hope that ID doesn't get concealed, it would be the third thing they kept concealed about Luffy and then you got Enel that only Skypiea knows of. At least give him some more notoriety Oda, don't keep the majority of his actions concealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well Aohige_AP post them over at AP but he did say they could be wrong, also marvelb mess up cause it say Hancock catches up to Luffy, and heads to the Kuja island.
While it's true that it doesn't specify that Hancock took him with him, I do think Marvelb is right that she brought him with her. A lot of people (I'm one of them) always thought and speculated that Luffy could recover at Amazon Lily cause it's the best place to recover cause it's inaccessible to the marines and I can't see Hancock leave without him so if the spoilers are true I do think she took him with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
Yep that will be Lola's mom, that's basically a favour owed from a Yonkou that Luffy can cash in right there.
That's one theory I always didn't understand. If Lola's mom was a yonkou then why didn't she send message to her or sailed back to her to get her to own Moria to get her crew's shadows back. Not ruling it out of course but just saying, if her mom was above Moria then it just doesn't make sense to me that she fell victim to Moria.

And so after a daddy figure yonkou we're getting a mommy figure yonkou. From pops to mom . Plain hilarious if you ask me. And Do Flamingo trying to kill Moria, +1 at hoping he succeeds. Kill that douche. Kind of funny to that Do Flamingo shares the views of so many people on the internet.
Old 2010-04-12, 09:21   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

How is One Piece not the best selling manga, One Piece is the only of the Big 3 that can still be interesting whilst no fight is actually going on.

@Aliasxn Her love/woman's intuition. Don't question the logic or flaws, love is like The Force, it overcomes your mortal logic.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-04-12, 09:35   Link #18
Kallen4life

Quote:
The government wants to conceal the details of the ID incident from the world, but Sengoku disapproves of their decision. Meanwhile, Doflamingo tells Moria that he was useless, and will kill him off under the pretense that he died in the war. Moria asks if this was an order from Sengoku, but Dofla replies that he's acting upon orders from someone even higher up the ladder.......
whoa

perfectly fine with Magellan going down, he's served his purpose and that implies Bon lives
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-04-12, 09:48   Link #19
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
-Chapter title is "The future is creeping up". The television broadcast announces the marines' victory at Marineford. Meanwhile, it seems that Hancock finally caught up to Luffy, and is taking him back to Amazon Lily.
Figures. He needs someone to teach him about Haki,

Quote:
-The rest of the supernovas were still watching the war at Sabaody. Kidd mentions that the remaining Yonkou ruling the New World are Shanks, Kaidou, and someone named "Big Mom". Bonney still seems to be upset about the war, blaming an unknown person for the events taking place at Marineford, and swears to hunt that person down (whoever it is she's angry at hasn't been specified).....
10 Beri says it's Luffy Bonney's referring to. We already know she doesn't like him.

Quote:
-At Impel Down, it's revealed that Magellan is fatally injured. It turns out that many more level 6 prisoners than the ones who joined Blackbeard's crew busted out of prison along with him......
They broke the game breaker? Damn, that's pretty badass.

Quote:
-The government wants to conceal the details of the ID incident from the world, but Sengoku disapproves of their decision. Meanwhile, Doflamingo tells Moria that he was useless, and will kill him off under the pretense that he died in the war. Moria asks if this was an order from Sengoku, but Dofla replies that he's acting upon orders from someone even higher up the ladder.......
O_O
Old 2010-04-12, 09:50   Link #20
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

even though bon clay helped out luffy n all, for some reason i don't think i want him to be the new member, something bout him just doesn't match with the crew... in fact, i find him kinda annoying