AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 30.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 25.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 23.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-04, 13:50   Link #21
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

This episode was nice closure on Sinon's story.

As a whole the arc was quite enjoyable, and i liked it more than S1 of SAO.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:00   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
This was actually a very good wrap-up episode imo.
I'm glad that Asada was the one to save her own ass by cracking the kid with her boombox.

Kirito sucks at fighting IRL as usual, lol. Trying to be the hero barging in, and gets beat up by a weak wimpy doctor's son.

The scene with Asada standing up to her bullies was good. Wish she shot at them though.

lol @ Kirito waiting for Asada at the school gate with his motorcycle. Trying to be cool IRL again. Bet he's just thinking "I'm so badass right now" while waiting.

The bit at the end with her meeting the mother and son of someone she saved during that time was a bit hammy, and felt it wasn't really needed, since she was already overcoming things herself fine.
It was a bit surprising to bring in the survivors, but I feel that was still a good move. She was moving forward, but I think the lives that she saved was a part of the equation that she wasn't considering by herself. And really I think someone should say thank you to this girl for saving their lives.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:01   Link #23
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I guess my only issue with the arc was how the handled the set-up of whole situation with Endou. If I remember correctly, it was a lot worse for Shino than it was in the anime, but I digress. It's a pretty faithful adaptation and was a decent arc overall.

But, now that Log Horizon is back, my interest in SAO is being drained by that.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:33   Link #24
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
and they're not just going to adapt the novel poorly. That would go against the Novel reader's and the writer's wishes. It's iffy, but still fine IMO. Plus, they weren't going to take more time to explain it... because people like you were already complaining that it was too long. You can't take that back, because you said as much on the threads of the last few episodes of this arc already.
Or they could, you know, plan ahead? Cut some of the worthless filler crap they'd been doing that made it too long already so they have time to explain things so they make sense? Wanting useless things to not be stretched out while wanting important things explained is not a contradictory sentiment.

Quote:
They all planned what to say here. It isn't like Kirito just talked to Asuna for the first time after spending time with Asano. They already discussed how to make the introductions, so this remark should just get scrapped. It was done much better this way than any other way people were suggesting. That's for sure.
Get off your high horse. There's absolutely no reason to believe, based purely on the anime, that they rehearsed this introduction at all. Hence why we have Kirito make fun of both Asuna and Liz, with Liz getting irritated enough to attack him. If they say otherwise in the novel, that's fine, but just say that instead of acting conceited and talking down to people like they should just shut up and let the novel readers be the only commentators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It was a bit surprising to bring in the survivors, but I feel that was still a good move. She was moving forward, but I think the lives that she saved was a part of the equation that she wasn't considering by herself. And really I think someone should say thank you to this girl for saving their lives.
Yeah, when they said they went to the town and then brought someone, I had three ideas of who it could be before they appeared (in the following order):
  • Sinon's mother
  • One of the people she saved
  • Gunman's family
For the first two, it's obvious how they'd resolve it. The latter was more of when I saw the woman and her daughter and Sinon didn't know who they were, I thought that's who they could have been. If it had been, then I'd assume it was more of a "thank you for stopping my husband before he killed anyone" sort of thing.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 14:36   Link #25
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't see the rest of Kazuto introduce Shino to Leafa, Silica, and Klein. It seems almost a waste to not see Klein try to introduce himself to or hit on Shino, and Kirito gut-punching him for it like usual.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:52   Link #26
IceHism

that was a nice conclusion but 3 episodes for caliber and 7 for mother's rosario...

And i'm not sure why people are mad that Kirito called asuna and lizbeth his friend.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 14:53   Link #27
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's absolutely no reason to believe, based purely on the anime, that they rehearsed this introduction at all.
I haven't read the novel and dniv's response is exactly how I reasoned it for myself. It's not hard to figure out that they planned it out at least somewhat, considering:

1. Kirito brought Asada somewhere with the intent of meeting someone.
2. The only people at the bar, besides the bartender, were two female SAO survivors.
3. They all knew about her condition and invited a survivor to talk to her.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure they at least talked about who would meet Asada, what words to use for introductions, explanations, and so on. The entire point of the scene wasn't just for Asada's benefit either. Survivors guilt is something nearly all of the SAO survivors have to deal with. That's why Kirito stammered at the end before the little girl gave Asada the picture. So instead of looking at it as Asada being introduced to friends, look at it as being introduced to a support group.

By no means will I ever state that SAO is well written overall, but episodes like this certainly are done very well.
Old 2014-10-04, 14:55   Link #28
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The swipes he made at Rika and Asuna were pretty clearly adlibbed if there was any rehearsal.
Old 2014-10-04, 16:56   Link #29
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Very nice episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Spoiler for Name of a future story arc, but otherwise no actual info:
Thank you for clarifying.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:10   Link #30
MasterVampire

Woah woah woah wait a second.

So the two killer brothers were sent to some hospital instead of fucking prison?!
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:16   Link #31
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Woah woah woah wait a second.

So the two killer brothers were sent to some hospital instead of fucking prison?!
Child Crime Laws I think?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 17:19   Link #32
MasterVampire

And whats with Kirito not introducing Asuna as his girlfriend and just as his friend?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 18:06   Link #33
ChampDream
Alive

Nice ending for the arc, hope the rest of the anime is like this.
For me Sinon is best girl in SAO so far.
Old 2014-10-04, 18:08   Link #34
dotdotslash

Overall a good episode, and a good way to end the arc.

The one thing they cut short in the anime, is that despite Asuna not being introduced as girlfriend, this is something that Shino picks up on during the course of the meeting. But in the anime I guess they decided to cut this short and focus on Shino's recovery. Plus they seem to have a hard time in the current arc w/ drawing Kirito and Asuna's body language as being "close".

The two things that left me thinking "wtf" were: 1. as pointed out, why the need to have Kritio "stabed", it would seem to work just as well if Shino does the head bashing right before; and b) I can understand keeping the fight to 3 characters, the timing works fine.. but I just kept wondering "where the heck is Asuna, wasn't she right in the hospital".. kind of felt like a bit weird to have her at the hospital only to not follow Kirito to the apartment and to not have any explanation of resolution of why.

At this point, there's been so much talking, I don't feel like I need a "recap", hopefully it's used as a way to re-introduce some of the other characters and set the stage in for the next arcs.
dotdotslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 18:36   Link #35
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaming4vengence View Post
Ausuna needs to hire the NSA to watch this guy...

my money is still all bet on sinon and her having a scuffle down the line,
I'm not going to say whether your prediction is right or wrong, but as someone who has read some of the source material your comment gave me a good chuckle.
"Please be our friend, Asada-san."

Okay, the adaptation cut some of the stuff with Asuna reaching out to Sinon and added a little hint of what might be jealousy, but even so, now do you people get why I was so smugly amused by people expecting the two of them to get into a cat fight?
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 18:46   Link #36
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
2) "Girl I've been macking on for the last few weeks, I want to introduce you to some people. These are my friends from SAO." Yeah Kirito, because Asuna isn't your girlfriend/pseudo-wife or anything. Go ahead and introduce her as a friend and nothing more.
The exact word he uses in japanese is 'nakama' so some of the meaning is lost is translation, but it does carry the connotation of someone I have shared important experiences with.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 20:13   Link #37
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The exact word he uses in japanese is 'nakama' so some of the meaning is lost is translation, but it does carry the connotation of someone I have shared important experiences with.
Now that makes sense. I wasn't listening to what the term he used was, but the translation appears to be at fault. Personally, I'd have gone with "partners" instead of friends with nakama.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 20:28   Link #38
Darthtabby

Isn't nakama often translated as "comrades"?
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 21:00   Link #39
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

This was an amusing touch
(proof)
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 21:09   Link #40
Peanutbutter

If the next arc's starting on Oct 18, then the next ep, ep 15, is most likely a summary of the entire GGO arc, condensed in one episode.

For two people who just met for the first time in real life, they sure got chummy with each other. Did any fujoshi screamed when Shino placed her hand on Kazuto's chest?

Nice end to the arc, it got overly dramatic for a bit there, but that's how rehab goes. You suck it and move on.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote