Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2018-10-03, 13:57   Link #41
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I do think there's a very real chance that the FBI could conclude that Kavanaugh perjured himself on some very important points while under oath during the hearing though.
Well, the week is about half-way done and it seems that Kavanaugh's stories about never going overboard when drinking and hearing about the allegations of one of his accusers for the first time in the New Yorker are being disputed by a class mate each. Makes me wonder what else Kavanaugh might not have been honest about.

One of his staunchest defenders, Trump himself, said that "you shouldn't lie to congress and to me that would be unacceptable."
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 21:30   Link #42
The Green One

A real hello pot my name is kettle moment.
Old 2018-10-05, 17:23   Link #43
The Green One

Looks like he has the votes after all. Yet another confirmation that being a sexual predator has no consequences when you're a powerful man in a high office.
Old 2018-10-05, 20:35   Link #44
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Looks like he has the votes after all. Yet another confirmation that being a sexual predator has no consequences when you're a powerful man in a high office.
i am not sure why anyone is surprised. The American People gave all three branches of government to the same political party. They surely only did this because they wanted it, right?
Old 2018-10-06, 03:12   Link #45
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

And to nobody's surprise, Jeff Flake is going to vote along party lines.
Old 2018-10-06, 05:02   Link #46
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

It was as surprising as seeing Joe Manchin (a ''BlueDog'' democrate) voting with the republican.
Old 2018-10-06, 06:11   Link #47
Newhope

Democrats are really starting to disgust me.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 08:54   Link #48
The Green One

Not like the Republicans are any better.
Old 2018-10-06, 09:59   Link #49
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Better them than the bunch of fascists who want to put forward someone who is deemed unfit for the job by former SCOTUS justice John Paul Stevens. Those justices sitting on the Supreme Court should also have their say on welcoming or not someone in the club based on what they saw.

In 16 of 18 cases as a federal judge, Kavanaugh ruled in favour of polluting industries against the environment. He overwhelmingly rules in favour of the state's powers over the citizen, and against the state's power to help the citizen. If that's the kind of justice you want in a country, give your head a wobble, I say.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-10-06 at 10:27.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 12:07   Link #50
Key Board
Carbon

people like Manchin, once again, prove that Democrats are just moderate conservatives
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 13:39   Link #51
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Why assume he's a sexual predator when the FBI report could find no evidence to support the claim? An allegation is a proof-less claim, nothing else. Susan Collins was on the fence, but the FBI report tipped her over to his side as she was then able to judge him based on his merit as a judge, and not as a perpetrator to a sexual assault case. Lets be honest, it was a flimsy allegation that Ford had very little recollection of. My best guess is that Ford was sexually assaulted, but it was by a different man at a different time and place.
Old 2018-10-06, 14:19   Link #52
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
people like Manchin, once again, prove that Democrats are just moderate conservatives
How can Manchin still lead in the West Virginia senate race, that's beyond me. Seriously, his ass deserves to be challenged by a Democrat who is sitting more on the left of the spectrum. In a state that has been poor for so long as West Virginia, it should be a hotbed for left-leaning ideas to blossom.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-10-06 at 14:29.
Old 2018-10-06, 15:13   Link #53
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Why assume he's a sexual predator when the FBI report could find no evidence to support the claim? An allegation is a proof-less claim, nothing else. Susan Collins was on the fence, but the FBI report tipped her over to his side as she was then able to judge him based on his merit as a judge, and not as a perpetrator to a sexual assault case. Lets be honest, it was a flimsy allegation that Ford had very little recollection of. My best guess is that Ford was sexually assaulted, but it was by a different man at a different time and place.
Of course the investigation could find no evidence, it never looked for it to begin with. There were about 40 relevant people who offered to speak to the FBI but it only spoke to nine. Ford's lawyers had a list of twenty people who would corroborate her story and one of the other accusers had fourty, all of which got completely ignored in the "investigation". The FBI didn't speak to Kavanaugh, his room mate who he presented as his key witness, nor Dr. Ford, at all.

Let's not kid ourselves here, this did not deserve to be called an investigation. The republicans once again dropped any pretense of being interested in anything else than entrenching their personal interests.

As for Ford's accusation, she was able to give the area, neighborhood, year and location in the house at her hearing. Obviously she doesn't recollect every single detail like the color of her shoes for example but she seems to remember the act of being assaulted and the perpetrators very clearly.

Quote:
We already know that you're a firm supporter of Trump's echo chamber so that's nothing new. Kavanaugh could set a woman who wants to abort on fire and you'd still support Trump's nominee.

-

Kavanaugh has lied several times, under oath, during his hearing and has given the impression of being heavily partisan. His behavior alone during the hearing disqualifies him for the Supreme Court. Several thousand law professors have spoken out against his nomination.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2018-10-06 at 15:49.
Old 2018-10-06, 15:16   Link #54
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
In which was basically a 2 day investigation in which neither the victim nor the accuse were questioned nor were the other women who accused him of rape or attending gang rape parties. They even ended the investigation 2 days earlier than they had to. It's the same as it was with Anita Hill. Just some cover-up to feel good.

Well I hope this nomination means that the reps gonna lose hard in midterms. If not, hm, well sooner or later all great realms went down under. Sooner or later the same will happen with America as well given how deeply divided that country is that they have a president who only won with a minority vote ruling over a majority which hates and is disgusted with him.
Old 2018-10-06, 15:24   Link #55
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Of course the investigation could find no evidence, it never looked for it to begin with. There were about 40 relevant people who offered to speak to the FBI but it only spoke to nine. Ford's lawyers had a list of twenty people who would corroborate her story and one of the other accusers had fourty, all of which got completely ignored in the "investigation". The FBI didn't speak to Kavanaugh, his room mate who he presented as his key witness, nor Dr. Ford, at all.

Let's not kid ourselves here, this did not deserve to be called an investigation.

As for Ford's accusation, she was able to give the area, neighborhood, year and location in the house at her hearing. Obviously she doesn't recollect every single detail like the color of her shoes for example but she seems to remember the act of being assaulted and the perpetrators very clearly.
Ford couldn’t remember the day she wrote a letter to Feinstein detailing her account. Ford also said that she wrongly identified Patrick Smyth as a bystander to the alleged misconduct in text messages to the Post. Ford first corrected her account in the Feinstein letter to say there were at least four other people at the house and then corrected the account again, based on her polygraph statement, to say that there were at least five others, including a boy whose name she didn’t know. Ford also changed the description of who allegedly pushed her into a bedroom. She originally said it was Kavanaugh, but then wasn’t sure if Mark Judge, Kavanaugh’s friend, may have helped. And then there was a bunch of little things she outright had no recollection of(like who drove her home).

The investigation mostly focused on people that were at the party. Not people that simply knew his character as that doesn't prove anything by itself. Even Fords friend who was allegedly at the party states she had no recollection of it. She later mentioned that she was pressured to alter her story in a way that wouldn't make Kavanaugh seem innocent. Anyways, it honestly doesn't matter if the investigation wasn't sufficient for you. The fact remains that there isn't evidence to accuse him of being a sexual predator. So why assume that he is?

Also how could 20 people corroborate her story when she claims to have told no one about it until many years later.

Last edited by Demi.; 2018-10-06 at 15:42.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 16:34   Link #56
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

None of these grievances speak against the accusation at its core, that Kavanaugh pushed her into the room and tried to assault her. The list provided by her lawyers would support, or you know, corroborate, Ford as a believable victim. The fact remains that the FBI didn't contact any of these people and thus cannot claim to have performed a thorough investigation which should have been its utmost priority. Her friend being pressured into a statement against Kavanaugh has been debunked already.

And let's not gloss over that the investigation flat out ignored the other two accusers. Kavanaugh got confirmed to the Supreme Court before he was cleared of his accusations. And even if it ends in her story against his story there is his whole other baggage that speaks or at least should have spoken against his confirmation. And of that we do have plenty of evidence.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2018-10-06 at 16:45.
Old 2018-10-06, 16:36   Link #57
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
How can Manchin still lead in the West Virginia senate race, that's beyond me. Seriously, his ass deserves to be challenged by a Democrat who is sitting more on the left of the spectrum. In a state that has been poor for so long as West Virginia, it should be a hotbed for left-leaning ideas to blossom.
This vote was an offering to Trump
He doesn't want to run as Democrat
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 17:05   Link #58
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
Better them than the bunch of fascists who want to put forward someone who is deemed unfit for the job by former SCOTUS justice John Paul Stevens. Those justices sitting on the Supreme Court should also have their say on welcoming or not someone in the club based on what they saw.

In 16 of 18 cases as a federal judge, Kavanaugh ruled in favour of polluting industries against the environment. He overwhelmingly rules in favour of the state's powers over the citizen, and against the state's power to help the citizen. If that's the kind of justice you want in a country, give your head a wobble, I say.
So you want mob justice thank you for proving my point for me.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 17:16   Link #59
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I'm not quite sure how you read mob justice into this but you are aware that republicans have pushed pretty much anything through the senate with your definition of mob justice right?

It's so easy to always blame the other side.
Old 2018-10-06, 17:34   Link #60
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
So you want mob justice thank you for proving my point for me.
So for you being OK with politicians pushing forward a judge who fits your and their political agenda instead of protecting all citizens of a country. That is mob justice.

True justice would have required a deeper and longer investigation on everything that came out, especially on whether or not Kavanaugh lied under oath. Perjury means jail time, and the American Bar Association has been willing to investigate as well. Obviously, you're the only one who has no clue about how things do and should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
This vote was an offering to Trump
He doesn't want to run as Democrat
That's why the Dems must flush him out at the next opportunity for a primary or find a new candidate if Manchin defects to the other side. At least, Heitkamp had more guts to stand up even though it has become highly probable that she will lose in November.

Last edited by LKK; 2018-10-08 at 09:54. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.