AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-06-30, 10:25   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 12
Websites for the nostalgic anime fans

Lately, I have been really into watching and reading about old (pre-2000s) anime. So I figure that I should make a list of websites that will make give fans wanting to know about the "old days" good times.

And feel free to add your own recommendation! It maybe a new website that specialized in talking about the old things, or something back when Usenet was still a thing. It maybe something academic, or simply an archive.

Spoiler for The list:

Last edited by Fireminer; 2018-12-06 at 10:40.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 11:07   Link #2
crazyidiot78
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
I think this is one of the sites you are looking for

http://goldenani.blogspot.com/2013/1...thou.html#more
crazyidiot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 11:20   Link #3
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyidiot78 View Post
I think this is one of the sites you are looking for

http://goldenani.blogspot.com/2013/1...thou.html#more
Thanks a bunch! You have no idea how long I have been looking for this!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 15:41   Link #4
Fvlminatvs
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New Jersey
Thanks as well. I was familiar with a few of these already but a couple of them are new to me.

I've read some of Colony Drop, but the operators seem a bit salty regarding new anime for my taste. Yeah, it's true that I prefer mostly older anime to the newer stuff but I don't HATE the newer stuff. Besides, they haven't updated in two years, it seems.

Even though the forums there aren't amazingly active, there is the Old School Otaku Lounge. It's not an extremely happenin' place, but it's got some conversations going on. They don't get a ton of people joining so it takes a week or two to process your registration but overall, its a nice place and most of the people there are rather easygoing.
__________________
--Qvidqvid Latine dictvm sit altvm videtvr.
Fvlminatvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 19:19   Link #5
crazyidiot78
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Thanks a bunch! You have no idea how long I have been looking for this!
Glad I could help
crazyidiot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 22:31   Link #6
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvlminatvs View Post
Thanks as well. I was familiar with a few of these already but a couple of them are new to me.

I've read some of Colony Drop, but the operators seem a bit salty regarding new anime for my taste. Yeah, it's true that I prefer mostly older anime to the newer stuff but I don't HATE the newer stuff. Besides, they haven't updated in two years, it seems.

Even though the forums there aren't amazingly active, there is the Old School Otaku Lounge. It's not an extremely happenin' place, but it's got some conversations going on. They don't get a ton of people joining so it takes a week or two to process your registration but overall, its a nice place and most of the people there are rather easygoing.
Thanks a lot! I having looking for a place where I could ask my questions!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 10:41   Link #7
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 12
Say, I am looking for a particular Wordpress blog which has a post archiving links of Youtube videos collection trailers from VHS tapes. Does anyone here have any idea which blog is it?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 13:05   Link #8
Tanuki.
Just another tanuki.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Germany
Age: 26
I love Anime Redshift Chronicle because instead of creating content, they compile and comment links of various sources that report about retro anime every two weeks (sometimes more): https://animeredshiftchronicle.com/
Tanuki. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.