AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-05-12, 07:43   Link #941
Dark Wing

@Lunar Archivist and Mef: I think you guys need to start reading a few non H-loli manga like Aishiteruze Baby, Chokotto Sister, Ichigo Mashimaro, Gunslinger Girl, and Naisho no Tsubomi...

Anyway back on topic...

@Vexx and Mykas: I actually thought they would've dropped it after the first volume was relesed but all the feed back on the internet kind of made the process faster...Just goes to show you how much power the we on the net really have...
Old 2008-05-12, 08:44   Link #942
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Speaking of cousins... did you know, that on a genetic level, A father and daughter are just as related as first cousins? In simple terms, first cousins are 1/4 related. parent and child are 1/4 related. When a child is conceived they gain 1/4 the father, 1/4 the mother, 1/2 newly constructed unrelated genetics... pretty weird to think about huh?

BUT, Brother and sister are 1/2 related... so brother and sisters are more related than parent and child.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 11:21   Link #943
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Having unrelated genes would only be due to mutation, but normally you get half of your genes from your father and half from your mother. You are directly genetically linked to your parents only. On a related note, that's how we determine degrees of consanguinity:

....................Grandparent...................
......................../.........\......................
................Parent........Parent..............
................/......\........../......\..............
.........Child.....Child.....Child....Child....... .

Parent and child are related by one degree.
Siblings by two: you>parent>sibling
Grandparent and grandchild by two: you>parent>grandparent
Uncle/Aunt and Nephew/Niece by three: you>parent>grandparent>uncle/aunt
Cousins by four: you>parent>grandparent>uncle/aunt>cousin
Second cousins by six: (do I really have to draw this? )

Now when religious and civil laws would say that they disallow marriage between relatives up to the second degree, that would mean cousins are allowed to marry.

Last edited by CaptGloval; 2008-05-12 at 11:33. Reason: fixed the diagram
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 01:29   Link #944
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

After reading the latest chapter (37), I kinda noticed I lost interest in this series. While this wasn't a bad chapter or anything, I'm just not into the whole angst thing. It seems that the moment that angst will stop this series will too. I liked the series for other reasons. >_>
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 01:54   Link #945
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not really reading the scans... just waiting for the manga volume collections... and they've really slowed down the releases - so that's hurt my interest level a lot.

Frankly, I figured this series for six maybe seven volumes because once the primary plot line is resolved (solving the enigma of Rin) if I were the author I'd close the story out. That isn't to say that couldn't *take* a long time but she'd have to be rather extra creative in drawing the tension out for 14 or more volumes.
Old 2008-05-22, 02:20   Link #946
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
After reading the latest chapter (37), I kinda noticed I lost interest in this series. While this wasn't a bad chapter or anything, I'm just not into the whole angst thing. It seems that the moment that angst will stop this series will too. I liked the series for other reasons. >_>
You are not the only one there. The Japanese and Taiwanese are slowly losing interest in this title too. (Judging from the number of posting per topic on each of the series's chapters in various BBSes. Discussion here too reach a low around last Chapter as you can plainly see. )

Everything was perfect from before with a balance of dramas and humour but the story just got too serious for its own good especially right after Renji reveal his grand plans, IMO.

I do hope Watashiya wrap up all the angst around the early 40-lish at the latest. Such things are best reserve for K-Dramas which all the Asian Obasa enjoy and I pray hard that Watashiya isn't indulging herself on one in recent months.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 08:09   Link #947
Dark Wing

Actually in my eyes I don't think the quality of the story has suffered in anyway it's still has the comedy and always had angst and drama (See Reiji, Rin Mimi, Kuro, and Shiro's Back Stories) so how is now any different then before?... If anything it's the long wait between chapters thats making it suffer popularity wise...And I can't believe I'm hearing this form you guys of all people...

Anyway it was decent chapter Aoki seems to have gotten his resolve back thanks to Boin-sensei and also made up with Shiro in the end. While Rin still dosen't seem to be sure of what she wants anymore. Well I think one or two more chapter (hopefully one) this whole mess with Aoki x Rin x Reiji will be resolved along with everyone else's problems by the end of Volume six or seven.

I'm starting to get the feeling like most people that this series is starting to reach it's climax and will being coming to any end by the end of this volume or the next. However I won't be so shallow has to let that hinder my enjoyment it's been a good ride after all from the start up till now and most likely will be a happy ending for everyone. (unless it's open ending...then I'll be disappointed in Watashiya...)
Old 2008-05-22, 08:54   Link #948
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Actually in my eyes I don't think the quality of the story has suffered in anyway it's still has the comedy and always had angst and drama (See Reiji, Rin Mimi, Kuro, and Shiro's Back Stories) so how is now any different then before?... If anything it's the long wait between chapters thats making it suffer popularity wise...And I can't believe I'm hearing this form you guys of all people...
Previously, all the drama was resolve within a space of 2-3 chapters. But this time, it's taking a tad too long.

Now, I was there when Kimi Nozomu aired. The viewers were basically divided into 2 groups where one enjoys the drama whereas the other half said that every of the cast should just die and get the angst over.

I'm opting for a balance here and hope this Renji arc will be resolve as soon as possible and not just drag everything through the mud and everything becomes cheesey and sappy like a bad soap opera.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 14:17   Link #949
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I'm opting for a balance here and hope this Renji arc will be resolve as soon as possible
But wouldn't the story be finished at that point?
Old 2008-05-22, 14:34   Link #950
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
But wouldn't the story be finished at that point?
Was thinking the same thing, but there is room for story though. Like making Rin mature as in mentally. No she is not mature she thinks like a kid. A kid who about sex though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 16:06   Link #951
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

adult thoughts in a kids mindset :P
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 16:27   Link #952
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it was a winding down chapter from the emotionally intense last two. Things have to find their new equilibrium, and we have to explore it, before they start moving again. How will Mimi react to Rin's "betrayal"? How will Rin and Aoki interact from now on?

On a lighter note, since humor is making a comeback...
It looks like
- Aoki and Kagami have the same taste in women.
- Aoki really is a masochist.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 16:50   Link #953
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I'm opting for a balance here and hope this Renji arc will be resolve as soon as possible and not just drag everything through the mud and everything becomes cheesey and sappy like a bad soap opera.
Oh, it seems like it is getting there one way or another.

The DRAMA (angst) for this series really is beginning to show but there is just so much angst you can have before it becomes annoying.

Yet again in chapter 37, Aoki falls down into another deep thought episode. I hope he can sort himself out soon and then maybe he can help Rin.

But more Sae scenes is love. I just lawled at her comment at the arranged meeting. Sea cucumbers XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 00:54   Link #954
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I put up my take on Kodomo No Jikan Period 37.

Has anyone noticed a borderline evil streak in Rin in how she basically ruins everyone she comes into contact psychologically, even the ones that try to help her? I have and I guess people can read my in depth thoughts on it in my article. Really though I'm considering some possible scenarios regarding her trying to make everyone in some way like she was during the period when she was emotionally withdrawn. Some sort of revenge against the world type thing.

Of course I'm probably letting my imagination run wild there, but there's no doubt in my mind that when you look at Rin's actions in the series from a different perspective they suddenly become disturbing and sinister, like she's actively trying to screw people up with mind games and pit them against each other.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 08:37   Link #955
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Would a few more chapters be enough source for the coming second season anime?
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 08:43   Link #956
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
On a lighter note, since humor is making a comeback...
It looks like
[...]
Indeed. "Please scold me more!" Shades of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei... The line starts here.

Curse you, Kuro, why must you cockblock Aoki? Make a decision: Shiro-chan or Rin.
Old 2008-05-23, 10:19   Link #957
Inanimated_object
Live, Love & Learn.

After 1 month waiting for the next release.. itīs nice to see you all!

The mainstraem thoughts about this particular chapter seems to be same, it's not as "spicy" as it used to be, and this is kind of expected; for those who think that the tempest has passed, I would say, the story is in the "eye of the storm", and the next chapters might bring back the spiciness everyone's missing, you never know it might even be hazardous for your diet , but that is just my wishful thinking.

Overall, the pace of this chapter was comical with a little bit of drama involved(seeing how Rin gave Mimi that cold stare of hers.....just frightening).

Quote:
Well, he did said "scold me more...etc, etc.", but I don't think he gets a trill out that (quoted from Kuro's meaning of the word masochist), but it more like: if fall 7 times, get up 8 and so on, I supposed that's the reason he didn't run away from Rin whe he started as a teacher, seriously, If had been in Aoki's shoes I would've end up in the cuckoo house just after my first week in that class.

*Ahem*, So, what's next? Well, since Aoki got his confidence back, it safe to assume he will try to save Rin, but in order to do it, he needs more info about the mental "scar" she's suffering so much from, but since she cut the bonds between them and they barely speak each other, he will have to go to the only source left, Kuro Kagami; And I hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone, but if this "unholy" alliance takes place it will be like .

IMO and to wrap it up, this chapter and the followings ones will prepare the ground for something bigger and better, so I wouldn't just drop KnJ just yet, and besides, the second OVA of the anime will be up soon, so just hang on!.

Later.
Old 2008-05-23, 18:25   Link #958
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I put up my take on Kodomo No Jikan Period 37.

Has anyone noticed a borderline evil streak in Rin in how she basically ruins everyone she comes into contact psychologically, even the ones that try to help her? I have and I guess people can read my in depth thoughts on it in my article. Really though I'm considering some possible scenarios regarding her trying to make everyone in some way like she was during the period when she was emotionally withdrawn. Some sort of revenge against the world type thing.

Of course I'm probably letting my imagination run wild there, but there's no doubt in my mind that when you look at Rin's actions in the series from a different perspective they suddenly become disturbing and sinister, like she's actively trying to screw people up with mind games and pit them against each other.
Now I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I don't think Rin is evil at all she just dosen't understand the full effect that her actions are going to have have on others later down the line. While she dose realize she is betraying the people closet to her she believes it's for a good reason to protect her family.

Well thats what I think anyway....
Old 2008-05-24, 01:28   Link #959
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Meh I still throughly enjoy it, but thats probably because I continue to read mostly for shiro-chan...Probably something to do with the fact that I'm getting burned out on reading about high schoolers and enjoy seeing something portraying a woman around my same age (I just dated myself didn't I...)

Poor Aoki just can't catch a break with Kuro-chan though...No matter who he turns to he manages to accidently get on her badside.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 09:23   Link #960
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Meh I still throughly enjoy it, but thats probably because I continue to read mostly for shiro-chan...Probably something to do with the fact that I'm getting burned out on reading about high schoolers and enjoy seeing something portraying a woman around my same age (I just dated myself didn't I...)

Poor Aoki just can't catch a break with Kuro-chan though...No matter who he turns to he manages to accidently get on her badside.
Yea, the poor guy. Next thing you know she'll develop a crush for houin-sensei and he won't be able to get close to her either. Since they both seem to have the same taste in women.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen