AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-24, 18:52   Link #41
Vena
Carpe Diem

There were a few things I wasn't sure about, who was the Yin-like person in the epilogue that is seemingly dead? Is that the "dark" Yin?

The ending for the main characters is left rather ambiguous, which is fine, though I would say that Hei killing Yin would come off as a contradiction if he spent all season refusing to kill her. Perhaps he killed "dark" Yin, and freed Yin? I don't think they merged, since we see the two of them, or at least Yin in his arms, at the end (unless its a joining in spirit), and I don't think she's dead since she's glowing. Suou is... in wonderland?

The rest of the cast was pretty much concluded. Mina may not appear but her story ended when she killed Genma, I would think she's probably alive since we don't see her corpse. Mizaki, Golgo, Madame, and so on, all got resolved in some sense of the word, or better put the same way they were resolved at the end of the first season.

And a big *thumbs up* to July. He discovered love, pity he forgot and had Suou taken away from him by the magician.

(Is July with November 11 in the epilogue?)
Old 2009-12-24, 19:15   Link #42
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Normally I would watch the raw. But these comments are making me wait for the subs.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:29   Link #43
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
And a big *thumbs up* to July. He discovered love, pity he forgot and had Suou taken away from him by the magician.

(Is July with November 11 in the epilogue?)
I did rather like how they expanded his role from what it was before and his final decisions were ones I quite liked as well.

Now that you mention it, the clothes of the one he is holding hands with appear to be the same as the ones November 11 wore. Which is kind of cool, though that makes me wonder if other dead people are here too.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-12-24, 19:37   Link #44
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I did rather like how they expanded his role from what it was before and his final decisions were ones I quite liked as well.

Now that you mention it, the clothes of the one he is holding hands with appear to be the same as the ones November 11 wore. Which is kind of cool, though that makes me wonder if other dead people are here too.
I agree, I really enjoyed what they did with July. He had a good finish, and we know he became very alive.

I always thought he saw November as his dad, and the girl (I forgot her month) as his mother. So I think it would make sense, but that just brings up a lot of questions about the dead/alive in Suou's world.

Season 3 (I'm calling it) is the story of Suou and July when they've grown up and in their more-hormonal years.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:41   Link #45
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
This is one of the time where I wish my JPL proficiency level was higher. Level 4 doesn't cut it when it comes to complex terminologies.

I can't see why people are complaining, really, as almost the exact thing happened at the end of the first season. We had an almost EVA-esque 'congratulations!' scene then, we have an HS-AU world now. Literally.
Old 2009-12-24, 19:47   Link #46
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Season 3 (I'm calling it) is the story of Suou and July when they've grown up and in their more-hormonal years.
Nooooooooooooo!!!! pleas, really... I'll cut myself if that would happen... Where are the real main characters ?! Hei and Yin, Misaki ? And where is the real plot ???!!
Old 2009-12-24, 19:53   Link #47
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Actually, if anything, another season focusing on yet ANOTHER new character other than Hei might be expected now, with the first season cast just hanging on the sidelines. To ignore the possibility is simply foolish.
Old 2009-12-24, 20:04   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A Chinese sub is out and makes things a bit clearer to me.
Spoiler for ep26:
I guess I understand why people are so disappointed, since this is not what they expected, nor is it exactly in the spirit of the original series. I like it better, for sure, but that's just my taste. I liked Suou and her journey, and I like having my mind blown. The "real plot" is bigger than it seemed in series one. We still want to know how the gates arose, and if there is any group of people behind them, but if we found out, the show might lose a lot of its mysterious energy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-24, 20:22   Link #49
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2009-12-24, 20:26   Link #50
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Oreille called the new Earth "proof that humanity existed."
Sounds too much like End of Evangelion. Except with no Unit-01 floating off into infinity.
Old 2009-12-24, 21:13   Link #51
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Sounds too much like End of Evangelion. Except with no Unit-01 floating off into infinity.
add rahxephon to the list too... i haven't watch the episode but the ending is all too similar from what i've been reading in this thread
Old 2009-12-24, 22:15   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I'm sorry to say that my feelings about this episode aren't much better than most others'.

And new worlds/new earths???? Where the heck did all this come from??? Since when did DtB have anything to do with world changing/making???

They ended up suffering a bit from a rushed ending, as I feared. We never found out what the heck was up with Yin being Izanami; hopefully they tell us what that was all about in the upcoming OVAs.

And JulyxSuou came really came quite a bit out of nowhere. After 24 episodes, DtB fans still can't accept HeixYin, so how does Bones expect people to get behind SuouxJuly? They had the friendship thing going, but then they ended up jumping to a love relation, and Suou's feelings for hei ended up getting a bit of a backburner due to obvious time constraints.

And then we don't even find out what happens to Hei and Yin in the end; they end up getting an even worse backburner.

Hopefully they make an S3, because they certainly have plenty to work with; the Syndicate, the Gates, and Hei and Yin.

But this episode ended up not doing quite so well. DtB ended up dissapointing quite a bit after a good main run. (for me anyway) 4/10
Old 2009-12-24, 22:55   Link #53
Hobbit
. . .

Waiting for subs, but reading the comments I'm a bit disappointed. Now I'm going to wait for the OVAs and hope for some light about what happened to Yin and Hei (both between S1 and S2 and after S2).
Old 2009-12-24, 23:11   Link #54
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I can't understand Japaneses and can only rely on info from others.

But to me is seems that the sky is now the normal sky, with 1 exception that BK201's star is the only one still shining. So if Hei is still alive, he is the last contractor, but Mao is stuck in his squirrel body.
Old 2009-12-24, 23:25   Link #55
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
. After 24 episodes, DtB fans still can't accept HeixYin

l can accept such a wonderful pairing, hopefully the ova will give us a yinxhei on a date moments
Old 2009-12-24, 23:29   Link #56
Kunagisa

Here's what's my take on the ending after first watch (highly subject to change). Speculations to why Yin still exists.

Spoiler for 12:

All in all, I loved this episode. The things I want to see resolved got resolved (even though there are a ton of unanswered questions but I'm fine with that regarding the world itself). I personally believe it's a Hei x Yin end <__<.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2009-12-26 at 04:05. Reason: Added extra thoughts
Old 2009-12-25, 00:26   Link #57
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

This episode was so.... sad. It's certainly not the end that I wanted, but it certainly isn't a trainwreck that other people are making it out to be, though.

Spoiler:

As for Hei...
Spoiler:

The created Earth thing isn't much of a stretch, since Shion needed machines, amplified Gate power, amplified meteor power, his contractor power, and dying to make it. Remember, Amber was able to move time itself without needing those other things at all.

Then we get
Spoiler:

Okamura Tensai did say that he wanted to focus on other characters other than Hei in coming sequels after season 1, but... didn't he already do it this season with Suou?

But seriously, a bittersweet ending before Christmas, Bones? REALLY?
Old 2009-12-25, 00:53   Link #58
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
This episode was so.... sad. It's certainly not the end that I wanted, but it certainly isn't a trainwreck that other people are making it out to be, though.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for not quite:

Quote:
Then we get
Spoiler:
After rewatching the raw:
Spoiler for that kid:
Old 2009-12-25, 01:24   Link #59
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Spoiler for Stuff:
Old 2009-12-25, 03:37   Link #60
USCPharmacist

BEST ENDING EVAR!!!

Now all I need is wait for "Darker than Black Kai Chiru" to find out what the fuck was going on....
Closed Thread