AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-29, 15:27   Link #1261
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikePotatoes View Post
Asuna wasn't raped ? Also you should probably google what ntr is...
NTR is basically the male MC's love interest ending up with another guy. Rentaro was in the same situation that Kirito was in. Their love interest was forced into a marriage with the main antagonist and the main antagonist nearly manages to succeed in making the MC suffer before it was foiled. The only big difference is that the Fugitive Arch didn't had any rape scene in the storyarch while Sword Art Online Fairy Dance Arch had the villain attempted to rape the female love interest. That being said, even it was attempted rape, the attempted rape itself was more controversial than NTR itself. The Fugitive Arch got a lot of controversy not only because of the NTR, but the author puts the entire main cast into one of the worst suffering hell in LN history.

That being said, between the Sword Art Online Fairy Dance story arch and Black Bullet's Fugitive arch, the former happens to be more controversial because Asuna was nearly raped. That being said, I will not be surprised if Shiden throws rape (particularly if the victim happens to be Enju and Tina) into the later storyarchs since Black Bullet is highly inspired by Gen Urobuchi's works. And if anyone is very familiar with Urobutcher's works, he's not only a brutal sadist, but he enjoys killing off a large number of characters and incorporate rape in his storylines in addition to being a total troll. Similarly, the Fugitive arch was written mainly to piss as many people off as possible and oh boy did Shiden manages to piss a lot of people off out of pure sadism. That being said, the actual reason the Fugitive Arch was written because he wanted to deconstruct Rentaro's utilitarian ethics and expose how it can backfire on Rentaro.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 15:44   Link #1262
Mega27

I started reading Volume 5, and I'm a bit lost. Did the Anime skip something? Because Rentaro and Kisara basically had a breakup scene, but reading the prologue and parts 1-3 of volume 5 makes it seem as nothing happened. Was the Epilogue of Volume 4 animated completely?
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 15:45   Link #1263
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Meh, I've seen stuff more controversial in light novels. Sword Art Online infamously had the Fairy Dance story arch that not only had the main protagonist, Kirito, got NTRed; but the lover, Asuna, got raped when trapped in ALO. While the NTR is one thing, the rape is actually the more controversial part of the story.

Oh, and if this isn't bad enough, SAO also used rape AGAIN in another female lead during the GGO storyarch.

So if you ask me, NTR and putting Rentaro and co. through suffer hell in a very sadistic way can be controversial. However, I think the series could be more controversial if rape was incorporated into the series as a source of drama (especially if Enju or Tina gets raped). That being said, there are some writers who did throw rape into the story as source of drama (i.e. Gen Urobuchi), but most writers usually throw rape as a source of cheap shock value.
Haha no. Attempt isn't the same as successful which BB did.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 15:54   Link #1264
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Haha no. Attempt isn't the same as successful which BB did.
Are you referring to rape or the NTR? Sword Art Online had attempted rape AND NTR (heck, there were two attempted rape scenes). Black Bullet had NTR threw in the Fugitive arch, but I never recall rape involved. That being said, as I mentioned numerous times, I will not be surprised that Shiden Kanzaki will throw rape in his writing and have Enju and Tina being raped. In fact, I have a gut feeling that Enju and Tina will get raped soon once the author finishes up the volume 7 & 8 storyarch.

Now, if the author does decide to throw rape in his writing and have Enju and Tina getting raped, this will definitely be more controversial than the Fugitive arch (since the rape victims involved are lolis and any scene involving children getting raped is a very big shock value).
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Old 2014-09-29, 16:10   Link #1265
Breimoon

IF lolies (especially Tina and enju) get detailed rape scene, i expect a lot to ragequit.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 16:32   Link #1266
Shidou

I don't think we will have a rape. I hope we don't have someone raped, even if tina can be abused because she always want to sleep.
Shidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 16:46   Link #1267
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
IF lolies (especially Tina and enju) get detailed rape scene, i expect a lot to ragequit.
NOW you're beginning to understand why rape is actually more controversial than NTR. Having the main character not winning the female lead the first time is one thing. Having the female character getting raped is another. It not only devalues the perpetrator, but also the victim as well, particularly if used as a shock reaction value.

Most of the time when writers throw rape as a source of tearjerker or drama, most of the time the rape ends up being cathartic shock value. When writing rape into the story as a source of drama, the author need to be to put into very careful consideration in the subject (since rape is a very controversial issue, even in real life), have extensive understanding of the subject (such as knowing the psychological trauma of the victim), and respecting the audience in this issue. This is why Gen Urobuchi is probably the only LN/VN/anime writer who can write rape into his stories without causing too much controversy.

Depending on how Shiden Kanzaki does this, if he does it correctly, he can have Enju and Tina getting raped without causing too much controversy providing if he understands this subject well. If it's done poorly like that infamous rape scene in Valvrave and the two attempted rapes in Sword Art Online, then it will definitely cause a lot of controversy.

EDIT: This guy in ask.fm sums the issue of depicting rape as drama really easily.
Old 2014-09-29, 17:04   Link #1268
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega27 View Post
I started reading Volume 5, and I'm a bit lost. Did the Anime skip something? Because Rentaro and Kisara basically had a breakup scene, but reading the prologue and parts 1-3 of volume 5 makes it seem as nothing happened. Was the Epilogue of Volume 4 animated completely?
Not that I know. It isn't a breakup scene , because at this point to two weren't even together

What´s the answer to everything ?

Last edited by Estzero1; 2014-09-29 at 17:40.
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 17:08   Link #1269
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Not that I know. breakup scene is senseless, because at this point to two weren't even together
I didn't recall a breakup scene in volumes 3 and 4 or in the anime. Rentaro and Kisara became an official couple after the Fugitive arch events. So sorry if you want to ship Rentaro/Enju or Rentaro/Tina.
Old 2014-09-29, 17:11   Link #1270
Estzero1

No problem at all. Don't forget. It wasn't me who asked for this scene.
I like the current pairing

Last edited by Estzero1; 2014-09-29 at 17:38.
Old 2014-09-29, 21:27   Link #1271
Mega27

By "breakup scene" I don't mean a relationship kinda thing. I'm just pointing out that they had a fight. It's like fighting with a friend you're close to. breakup 'scene', Lol~ :P

And yuh, I knew they were not a couple at the time. ( -__-)
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 15:06   Link #1272
Dark Paladin X

Volume 5 is finished at Baka-Tsuki.

I happen to read the author notes. It pretty much confirms that Shiden Kanzaki acknowledges his own flaws as a LN author and he intends to troll everyone by being "the worst writer in all of history."

Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-01, 15:35   Link #1273
Estzero1

wow! Shiden Kanzaki, one hell of a guy

Old 2014-10-01, 15:42   Link #1274
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
wow! Shiden Kanzaki, one hell of a guy
If you ask me, having Enju being taken away by IISO, force her to pair with "buddy killer" and having her implied to be physically and emotionally abused and tortured by "buddy killer" isn't the worst Shiden Kanzaki can do. If you ask me, he plans to be the biggest LN trolling author by being a total sadist. He LOVES to make Enju and Tina suffer just to piss his readers off. It's only a matter of time that he'll write rape in his stories such having Enju and Tina being taken away from Rentaro again and having them raped.

That being said, Gen Urobuchi is also a troll and sadist, but he puts into careful consideration and respect to his readers when writing very sensitive subjects or plot devices in his stories such as rape. If Shiden Kanzaki plans to write rape in his stories, he should learn this from Gen Urobuchi than Reki Kawahara.
Old 2014-10-02, 11:40   Link #1275
Estzero1

Mhm, I don't know if this is the best thing what he can do. The story itself is pretty dark so it kinda fits but I hope if he plans something like that, that he wont exaggerate. Even if you want to be a troll, pissing off your readers is a double edged sword. Lets pray that he knows what he is doing.

Old 2014-10-02, 12:14   Link #1276
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

OMG already finished the 5th Book? Unexpectedly fast for this series... time to compile it

Thanks for the update again
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-10-02, 15:03   Link #1277
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
OMG already finished the 5th Book? Unexpectedly fast for this series... time to compile it

Thanks for the update again
Volume 6 is being updated as we speak.
Old 2014-10-10, 15:24   Link #1278
Nishaven

I watched anime and i want to ask something. Does Rentaro and Kisara become enemies? (after she killed her brother)

edit: And are they going to translate volume 2-3-4 at Baka-Tsuki?
edit 2: And does Tina die?

Last edited by Nishaven; 2014-10-11 at 06:46.
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 19:45   Link #1279
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
I watched anime and i want to ask something. Does Rentaro and Kisara become enemies? (after she killed her brother)

edit: And are they going to translate volume 2-3-4 at Baka-Tsuki?
edit 2: And does Tina die?
Well for starters:

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2014-10-15, 21:34   Link #1280
AP24

Vol 6 is about 60% finished. At the rate it's going the entire volume should be finished in 1 or 2 more weeks.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko