AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-01, 20:05   Link #141
LuniNeko
Humble Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
Gunslinger Girl live action movie adaptation to be set in Japan.
Spoiler:
That's supposed to be a GSG adaptation? Yeesh. That girl'd better not be named after any of the actual cyborg girls. I'm gonna hide in my bed when this comes out.
Old 2008-02-02, 00:46   Link #142
dfens

LuniNeko he was joking that crappy movie has nothing to do with GSG. Other than a suppose cyborg girl and guns etc.

Still doesn't even come close to being like GSG.
Old 2008-02-02, 06:03   Link #143
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Ok the Volume 7 I have is the official Japanese one, infact I have all 9 volumes in japanese. I also have the first 6 by ADV in english.

Plus I get each new chapter in japanese as its released. 52 was the last chapter and the new ones come out about once a month. Can't really script it since it's kind of time consuming to translate it and type it up in english.

What happened is I got tired of waiting for the english ones by ADV so I started getting the japanese ones first since they come out in a timely manner. Plus the quality is much better for the paper and printing etc. If you know chinese they are up to number 8, but I only read english and japanese.

As for ADV dropping the series that's all rumors/here say for now. I doubt they gave up on it but who knows if they will take another 2 years to release volume 7. Their was a add for it but no one has a release date, not amazon or anybody as of yet.

Personally volume 7 rocks but 8 and 9 where kind of boring. But 10 is looking good.
if you ever want to translate it i know a lot of people who would like to scanlate it
and would be very greatful
just log on to http://gunslinger-girl.up-with.com/
you will be most welcome there

you might even get the
transcendent hero cape
Old 2008-02-02, 12:42   Link #144
Claes
Claes lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Ok the Volume 7 I have is the official Japanese one, infact I have all 9 volumes in japanese. I also have the first 6 by ADV in english.

Plus I get each new chapter in japanese as its released. 52 was the last chapter and the new ones come out about once a month. Can't really script it since it's kind of time consuming to translate it and type it up in english.

What happened is I got tired of waiting for the english ones by ADV so I started getting the japanese ones first since they come out in a timely manner. Plus the quality is much better for the paper and printing etc. If you know chinese they are up to number 8, but I only read english and japanese.

As for ADV dropping the series that's all rumors/here say for now. I doubt they gave up on it but who knows if they will take another 2 years to release volume 7. Their was a add for it but no one has a release date, not amazon or anybody as of yet.

Personally volume 7 rocks but 8 and 9 where kind of boring. But 10 is looking good.
8 is boring due the lack of first generation gitai (and excessive content of that 'kitten'). How could you find 9 boring, its a tribute volume for Ange!

btw, I have volume 1-8 in Indonesian version. Cant wait for volume 9 release
Old 2008-02-02, 13:43   Link #145
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Lol at that movie. I love how it lists the enemies and weapon.
Old 2008-02-02, 19:08   Link #146
dfens

Volume 9 wasn't really boring it was sad for angelica but I want a little action and gun play.

Least it wasn't like number 8 man I can't believe it was all about petroshuka.
Old 2008-02-29, 12:28   Link #147
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Just finished vol 9 in french i feel bad for Marco but he did get some kind of "salvation" at the end, seeing how the fratello are coping with the death of Angelica it will surely end in fire for Hillshire and Alessandro.

I wonder if the author will use more of the 2nd generation cyborg in the coming chapters, i believe it was the first time we saw them as a group ?
Old 2008-03-23, 16:32   Link #148
kenro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuniNeko View Post
That's supposed to be a GSG adaptation? Yeesh. That girl'd better not be named after any of the actual cyborg girls. I'm gonna hide in my bed when this comes out.
Good lord even as parody this sucks.
I want Ender's Game with more violence and psych, not a wannabe slasher flick.
( But then, it wasn't made for me, and some liked it. )
Old 2008-03-23, 16:42   Link #149
kenro

Is there any reason the sec gen are going toward pure espionage more than antiterror/kill-the-bad-guy?
Old 2008-03-23, 18:20   Link #150
X207
Gamyūsa

how many chapters have been coverd in the 2 anime seasons up to se2ep5? ive seen se2 ep6 raw and id like to know which chapter it is in.
Old 2008-03-24, 15:04   Link #151
dfens

X207 season 2 jumps all over the place that's why it's confusing. Episode 5 was volume 5 chapter 23, while episode 6 was volume 3 chapter 17.

That's one of the reasons I hate this season it can't even follow a liner time line.

At least we know when it's over it will cover up to the end of volume 5.
Old 2008-03-24, 22:34   Link #152
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
X207 season 2 jumps all over the place that's why it's confusing. Episode 5 was volume 5 chapter 23, while episode 6 was volume 3 chapter 17.

That's one of the reasons I hate this season it can't even follow a liner time line.

At least we know when it's over it will cover up to the end of volume 5.
o.o yikes, it really jumps areound that much?? i thought the gonzo+RV jumped around alot.
Old 2008-03-25, 08:39   Link #153
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah Season II had me going wtf.
Old 2008-03-27, 22:02   Link #154
kenro

"You just never know your time..."

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-28, 12:49   Link #155
Claes
Claes lover

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-28, 16:08   Link #156
X207
Gamyūsa

does anyone know which of the manga chapters se2 eps 7-13/current cover? im most likely gonna wath the raws and the corresponding chapters would be useful as they seem to follow the manga pretty damn closely.
Old 2008-03-28, 16:57   Link #157
Claes
Claes lover

Judging from eps 1-5, I think its mainly on Pino's arc (and anything in between it)
That pretty much last half volume 3-volume5
Old 2008-03-28, 18:42   Link #158
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claes View Post
Judging from eps 1-5, I think its mainly on Pino's arc (and anything in between it)
That pretty much last half volume 3-volume5
ty claes, ....now off to download vol 4-5 and searching for the raws.

Last edited by X207; 2008-03-28 at 20:31.
Old 2008-04-04, 18:14   Link #159
kenro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenro View Post
Is there any reason the sec gen are going toward pure espionage more than antiterror/kill-the-bad-guy?
My bad I confused two characters.
Old 2008-04-12, 05:03   Link #160
Claes
Claes lover

OK, what happen in the last chapter (54)? How's Hilscher mission? Did his quarrel with Triella ends?
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, gunslinger girl, seinen