AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-10, 05:32   Link #21
Eugene
Barnarna Pearl

Share Network? What on earth is that? As far as buying anyone anything... I'm well beyond broke and trying to scrape by while in college. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't able to get those DVDs when they came out. I'd love to just throw down over $300 on something like that if I could... but when you can barely afford to even cover rent... and can't afford to cover bills... threats of being sent to collections hanging overhead... no health insurance to speak of... I'd be pretty stupid to put myself into more debt over anime DVDs!

But yeah, if anyone can point me to a URL for downloads on those raw files... I really really would love to see the series... orz

I'm also several years now into my studies of Japanese... going through my second year of college with it. Can't say I'd be of use in help for translating/subbing them much now... but you never know in the future, I'm definitely improving with my Japanese and I've been able to translate some simple things for folks.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 13:39   Link #22
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

Share is a Japanese p2p network. Most fansubbers get their raws from share, or one of its counterparts: The precursor WinNY, or Share's successor Perfect Dark. The files on there range from manga scans, to tv rips, to DVD images, to games, to pretty much anything you would find on bittorrent or limewire. The benefits of using these networks is that they are (almost completely) anonymous. However, subbers just like em because they are like a treasure trove of raws.
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 22:35   Link #23
Nicholi
King of Hosers

It will probably be impossible to get the ISOs now. They don't seem to be that well distributed anymore on the network, and even when I got them a year ago it was pretty tough. I had to stalk both Winny and Share for rar piece to complete them. You should be able to still get the jpn dvdrips.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 14:12   Link #24
Hiei-

We're actually releasing a Dai no Daibouken fansub (episode 7 was released today) and we probably have a translator for "Yuusha Abel Densetsu" (it's not 100% sure yet but chances are "very high") but we don't have the raws at all for this series, nor the DVDs.

We yet have a good basis of translation for the 14 first episodes, so if it's done, it'll be done faster than Dai no Daibouken.

So if someone have the RAWS or DVDs or whatever, feel free to pm me or post here and I will maybe contact you or not when I'll know if we are really doing it or not.

Edit : Settled.

Last edited by Hiei-; 2009-02-02 at 21:33.
Hiei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 11:41   Link #25
joker012

Anyone willing to possibly share the raws?

I've been looking for these raws forever and would be eternally grateful if some amazingly kind member happened to make a torrent of them. Anyone care to share some how...? Abel Yuusha has been a childhood fave of mine since I was in elementary school and I would love to get my hands on the series!
joker012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 21:05   Link #26
Hiei-

Episode 01 released (already posted) in the torrents category of this forum).

Video/Audio come from the official Japanese boxset.

Not sure if it'll be added here, though the licence expired long ago, but if it's the case, you can find the torrent on the website team (search "Frenchies-Subs" on google).

Edit : Animesuki added it, under the name "Dragon Quest".

Last edited by Hiei-; 2009-09-07 at 01:07.
Old 2009-09-15, 19:11   Link #27
Eugene
Barnarna Pearl

Oh nice, they're finally allowing it to be listed on AS, eh? I'm hoping this is the start of many episodes translated and posted to come... then again, with only one episode posted... I suppose I won't hold my breath for a full series translation anytime soon.

Still would love to see someone post a torrent somewhere of all the raw episodes. Then again, I'll be in Japan for awhile here soon... I wonder if I can track down the DVDs at rental stores or something like that?
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 13:48   Link #28
Hiei-

Hold your breath

We already have near 4 others episodes ready (the whole series has already been released in french, so we already have all the timings and such ready).

We plan to release, at least, two episodes per month, maybe more sometimes, it'll depend of the translator (right now, episodes 2-3-4-5 are translated).

During the start of the next month, we'll release our usual monthly batch episodes that we started in September, and in it, there will be "Abel 2 & 3".

About your question about the dvds, yeah, you may find them in Japan in rental stores.
Old 2009-11-02, 03:08   Link #29
Ryu_Kenosuke

My god...it has been years since I last logged on here.

For anyone looking for the series Dragon Quest Abel no Yuusha, the series was officially re-released as a DVD box set in Japan.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%89%E3...6929039&sr=8-3

That link is for the box set on Amazon's Japanese sister site. Although the price on Amazon is quite hefty, I've done some research, and found a couple other Japanese sites offering it for around $300-400. A large sum of money...but for one of the greatest animes I have ever come to know...I certainly will dish out the cash for it.

There is a slight problem with Amazon, though. The Japanese sister site does not allow online payments from any source other than a Japanese bank. Not even Paypal. So, for those of you who have friends/family members in Japan that you can transfer the money to, here is your chance (finally) to get this anime in its entirety, fully re-mastered in DVD quality.

I do not know if it has English subs, but if it doesn't, this can completely rekindle the flame for a very high quality fan sub of the series. ( :

-Ken
Ryu_Kenosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 04:45   Link #30
Hiei-

This box set, like 99,9% of japanese DVDs, don't have english subtitles.

This is the box set we are using for the fansub of the series, talking about that, episode 2 will be released tonight (and episode 3 will be released in a few days), I'll post again (or edit my post if no one post before my next post to avoid double post) to confirm it once it's released.

Edit : Episode 2 released.

Last edited by Hiei-; 2009-11-29 at 09:40.
Old 2009-12-22, 19:22   Link #31
Hiei-

Episode 3 released.
Old 2010-02-08, 07:14   Link #32
pk116

Nice! DQ has been on my wish list for a while. Good to see it getting some attention.

Last edited by pk116; 2010-02-08 at 07:30.
pk116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 12:43   Link #33
Tazer

Yo.

Im glad I found this thread; the Abel -story was pretty interesting, and I hope work on it continues......

Tazer
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 01:15   Link #34
klare

i never play the game and always confuse about dragon quest

is this related to the Legend of Dai?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 04:01   Link #35
[Kyuubi]Fansubs
For fans, by fans!
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to [Kyuubi]Fansubs
We at Kyuubi thinks its about time someone finished subbing this in english, so we decided to do it, however we would need a translator for it.. anyone interested?

already have raws and all other staff etc prepared. only need experience translator interested in this classic show.
Old 2010-08-29, 05:27   Link #36
Hiei-

We had one, but he dissapeared because of personal problems, that's why the project is actually stalled (though I have the scripts of episode 4 and 5 but I thought it was pretty useless to release them if I wasn't sure the following episodes would come).
Old 2010-08-29, 11:04   Link #37
[Kyuubi]Fansubs
For fans, by fans!
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to [Kyuubi]Fansubs
Yeah, makes sense.
If we only had a translator to help us with this one, we would definitely finish it from start to finish.
Old 2010-12-09, 12:26   Link #38
MetaKite

Is there really no other way to just get the raws? I have the Frenchie-Subs version but wouldn't mind looking to recruit people I know who are fluent in Japanese to help translate. I would need the raws first.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like the guys at ANBU do have this covered.

Last edited by MetaKite; 2011-04-15 at 21:12. Reason: old news is old news.
MetaKite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 03:31   Link #39
tyciol
*Artist

Does anyone know what happened to FightingMagic's subs? They are mentioned here but I don't see them at the tracker http://animesuki.com/series.php/1496.html

I tried http://fightingmagic.edwardk.info/ like it says but it's not loading for me now.

It appears both ANBU and Frenchies have done the first 10 eps. I'm curious why they stopped at the same place. Since ANBU's ep 1 began after F's 6-10 batch I guess they're redoing it.

Last edited by tyciol; 2012-03-27 at 03:35.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 07:04   Link #40
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Does anyone know what happened to FightingMagic's subs? They are mentioned [url=http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85420] here but I don't see them at the tracker http://animesuki.com/series.php/1496.html

I tried http://fightingmagic.edwardk.info/ like it says but it's not loading for me now.

It appears both ANBU and Frenchies have done the first 10 eps. I'm curious why they stopped at the same place. Since ANBU's ep 1 began after F's 6-10 batch I guess they're redoing it.
I can answer your question. Basically, we did the first two episodes. Honestly, from my own opinion, I'd rather pretend I did not fansub those and would rather you look at ANBU or Frenchies's versions for this, as I am quite embarrassed with my past fansub works (particularly the lack of a "translation", if you know what I mean).

As for the group, we went our seperate ways. Honestly, I'm terrible at managing groups and it was always problematic whenever I worked on something. I'm doing some smaller projects now.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote