AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-04, 14:59   Link #2301
Mangaka-chan

Just wondering, did they change the ED animation sequence in this episode and included Jin in it? Since the ED was changed for Yunoha and Shrade, I'm wondering if they'll also include Jin now in the lineup now that we've had an episode centered around him.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 15:06   Link #2302
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While the details are identical, the actual art itself isn't. It's a remade scene rather than a reuse - keep the details intact while improving the actual animation.
Hence "CGI set". Different rendering approach and updated textures but looks likes at most extremely modest edits to the model (if even that).

Mangaka-chan: they used a different ED verse but I didn't notice anyone different in the ED animation.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 15:11   Link #2303
Zuul

Anything about the preview ?

I haven't watched the episode yet. TT
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 15:27   Link #2304
mayumi

i am very suprised by zessica's behavior. she is full out ignore mode atm. don't want to dwell on her feelings or come in between amata and mikono. nor tease them. i think mix will confront her next episode as runs off again.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 15:47   Link #2305
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Hence "CGI set". Different rendering approach and updated textures but looks likes at most extremely modest edits to the model (if even that).
Don't think it's even that - when I said details, it's more like the arrangement of them and their presence, but I never implied that they were one and the same. It's more like looking at a view, then drawing it. Then later you make a different drawing of the same view that's done better. The sizes of certain details should point to that, ex. the lines coming out of that wall hatch is thinner on EVOL, and that large disc on the wall is larger. Plus, the proportions of the structure on the EVOL shot is completely different from the Sousei version.

So it's hardly some "modest edits" to the model.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 16:03   Link #2306
kuromitsu

Watched the episode - yakk deculture indeed! :DDD Btw the preview seals it, Jin is an otaku. XD Rare white bloomers! WHAT. XDDD Btw, he is in fact an Akino otaku. Rewatching an earlier episode, his line about invisible doors (mienai door, mirai no door ... sekai no hate ni tondeiku) was awfully out of place, so I looked it up - it's from 'Chance to Shine', the opening of Oban Star Racers. :DDD

Spoiler for ep 22:

And the preview. What. WHAT. xDDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
and one ignoring/keeping her distance from the other for some reason.
Actually, it was the same for Mikono when Zessica was in the spotlight. So it's probably not an actual characterization thing, more like the writers ignoring the love triangle aspect for the moment, and not doing a very good job at it. (Don't worry, going by the preview the next episode will have Zessica interacting with Amata. :P)

Btw, I'm very impressed with Kaji Yuuki's ability to sound almost identical to Ishida Akira. In this episode, when Amata said "are da yo, are" off-screen, for a moment I actually thought it was Ishida Akira. Same in the stripper episode, where Amata's line about Andy having stayed up all night also sounded totally like Ishida. No wonder they chose him to replace Ishida in Berserk...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-04 at 17:17.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 16:38   Link #2307
Zuul

Jin was so damn adorable.

Cayenne was so cool and manly. He's 2nd only to Kagura on my sexy list. XD

We saw Andy's 6 packs.

Zess was awesome as always.

And the preview. It seems like Kagura is going to turn against Altea next week. I cannot wait.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 16:45   Link #2308
magnuskn

So, Jin is a Zentraedi?

Can't wait for the subs.
Old 2012-03-04, 16:53   Link #2309
miketyson

Plot Discussion:
Spoiler:

LoweGear:
Spoiler for spoiled because it's a derail:
Old 2012-03-04, 17:12   Link #2310
mayumi

i have a feelings there is going to be a jin vs kagura coming our next few episodes. amata might be moping next episode(preview) cause he saw jin fangirling alicia gadget.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 17:15   Link #2311
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Alicia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Actually, it was the same for Mikono when Zessica was in the spotlight. So it's probably not an actual characterization thing, more like the writers ignoring the love triangle aspect for the moment, and not doing a very good job at it. (Don't worry, going by the preview the next episode will have Zessica interacting with Amata. :P)
Previews troll. (There's a lot of no-eye shots from the preview, one for Zessica (who's focusing in on her lips as she drinks? (Maybe more Jin antics? Though I'd rather him focus on Yunoha.)) and one for Amata because...?)

That said, I don't think it's quite the same here as it was with Mikono as she continued to interact with Amata and Zessica in those episode, in this and the last, she's seemingly ignored them. Who knows.
Old 2012-03-04, 17:32   Link #2312
Mangaka-chan

Just watched the raw and I'll need the subs to understand what exactly went on but

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2012-03-04, 17:35   Link #2313
pingva

Spoiler:
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 17:38   Link #2314
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ?:
Old 2012-03-04, 17:46   Link #2315
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Spoiler for ?:
Spoiler:
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 17:51   Link #2316
miketyson

Wow, *that* is some good eyes. I would never have caught that detail ever. Nice work. Shocking developments real soon now it seems...
Old 2012-03-04, 17:54   Link #2317
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Spoiler:
Wow!
Spoiler for oho:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 19:11   Link #2318
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Plot Discussion:he's seemingly their last hope (though why him and not his slightly-older subordinates? that's a mystery...)
I don't really think he's necessarily their last hope... I feel that he's just being given special treatment as he happens to be the last born person of the world. It carries an emotional significance, I'd say.

Like a parent doting on their youngest child.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 20:44   Link #2319
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Jin afraid of girls. Jin x Yunoha is a nice pairing. So he displayed his own element power at the end. Cayenne had another bad dream.
Old 2012-03-04, 21:06   Link #2320
leokiko

Holy fuck, the soundtrack amazes me episode after episode, seriously.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction