Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-10-24, 09:01   Link #241
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avento View Post
Does anyone know where i can read the LN? idk how to read japanese but i wanna try reading it using google translate LOL. even if i cant get the accurate translation atleast i know the gist of it.
http://ncode.syosetu.com/n8725k/

Have fun =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 13:37   Link #242
Avento
Lone Wolf

Thx for the link Estavali

After trying to read the 1st chapter i gave up

I could not even make sense of the translation

Heck it even translate into an english word that i dont even know it existed

Avento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 15:56   Link #243
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avento View Post
Thx for the link Estavali

After trying to read the 1st chapter i gave up

I could not even make sense of the translation

Heck it even translate into an english word that i dont even know it existed
Log horizon is heavy in terminology and explanation that I don't recommend to use machine translation. I understand on wanting to read it that even using machine translation will be used just to read it but I pick on what to use it on.

On this type of series. I don't advice using it. It might be helpful if the story is a generic romcom or for scenes like that but when it involve heavy words that's been used in the setting of the story. It won't help a bit.
Old 2013-10-24, 17:38   Link #244
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

I just realized something. If naotsugu just came back after a two year break wouldn't his equipment be pretty outdated? Usually if you play something even coming back after month or two your equipment can be considered inferior. Or is it because their only fighting low level monsters so far that his equipment doesn't matter as much?
Old 2013-10-24, 17:59   Link #245
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
I just realized something. If naotsugu just came back after a two year break wouldn't his equipment be pretty outdated? Usually if you play something even coming back after month or two your equipment can be considered inferior. Or is it because their only fighting low level monsters so far that his equipment doesn't matter as much?
I also consider and and comparing him to two other guardian guild leaders... his armor look indeed plain.

For 2 years there should be tons of patches or update done and even if his items are claimed in boss raids. That will still be in efficient for the ones in the update.

But still that didn't change the fact that his armor and weapons are still first class, in his years and maybe even today. Its just that its not one of the top.

Remember he is still level 90 and member of a raiding party. His items are still top notch. Just like the Griffon summoning flute.

@Drkz where did you get your sig? doujin or artwork? I can't pm because you disable it.
Old 2013-10-24, 18:19   Link #246
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I also consider and and comparing him to two other guardian guild leaders... his armor look indeed plain.

For 2 years there should be tons of patches or update done and even if his items are claimed in boss raids. That will still be in efficient for the ones in the update.

But still that didn't change the fact that his armor and weapons are still first class, in his years and maybe even today. Its just that its not one of the top.
His gear looks like standard armor. He doesn't seem to have a personality to flaunt fancy armor either. I'm just curious if the author ever releases a tier chart for weapons and armor. Wonder if the anime would cover enchanting or upgrading weapons.

Spoiler for I'm guessing this is what Aohige mentioned earlier about food. Hes actually dancing! Hahaha.:
Old 2013-10-24, 18:34   Link #247
tsunade666

^they finally taste real food. Not salted or sugared food XD of course you will dance in joy for it.

In the anime they didn't express much how time pass but they probably been living there for more than a week already.

For a week with only a food on appearance only and colored drinks that taste water .... ;_;
Old 2013-10-24, 19:09   Link #248
JediNight
キズランダム

Honto is having a 10x points sale on manga and LNs right now, so I think I'm gonna order a few of the Log Horizon LNs. I need an excuse to practice my kanji more, anyways.

Also, I really really like Shiroe's outfit for some reason. Sans the silly cloak clasp. I should see if I can whip something together for it for a con I'm going to next month. Only issue is I'm OCD so it needs to be done right, or I won't do it.

What are those striped turtlenecks called btw? You usually see them on MILF fanservice pictures, etc. But I've never actually seen anyone wear one like that IRL before.

EDIT: Well, crap. Apparently they're categorized as novels despite being Ranked as Light novels. So they don't qualify. Maybe I can email them and twist their arm...

Last edited by JediNight; 2013-10-24 at 19:37.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-24, 21:49   Link #249
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
His gear looks like standard armor. He doesn't seem to have a personality to flaunt fancy armor either. I'm just curious if the author ever releases a tier chart for weapons and armor. Wonder if the anime would cover enchanting or upgrading weapons.
Sure thing
1. Normal Item - normal bland items sold in stores
2. Magic Item - normal item with minor enchants
3. Created Item - crafted item ranging from normal to artifact, but generally ranked below artifact and above magic item. (exception, there are few Fantasmal crafted that use Fantasmal mats)
4. Artifact - very rare and powerful Epic items, generally the best quality most player will get their hands on. An average lv90 may have two or three of these. Found on mobs, quests, chests, and raid drops. Bound on equip.
5. Fantasmal - Extremely powerful legendary items, found only in raids. Only a limited quantity of these may drop in any given server. All of them are bound on pick up. When someone gains a Fantasmal drop, it is announced to the whole server.

Shiroe is the only one in the main party who has a Fantasmal (his cape).
The leaders of the raid guilds in Akiba each has at least two though, weapon and main armor. (Soujiro, Crusty, Issac, William)
Old 2013-10-25, 02:07   Link #250
Avento
Lone Wolf

it would be really awesome if one of the member of DTP is a broken-like character with a full set of fantasmal EQ

His/her weapon would be the sword of yamato (reference from DMC 4) because the japanese server is called yamato server. His/her armor would be susano'o themed for male or amaterasu themed for female. The accessory themed would be tsukuyomi

Although he's/she's a member of DTP he/she is a soloer. He/she would join the other DTP member only when raiding. The reason why he/she joined DTP is because he/she was captivated by kanami. (note: by captivated i dont mean love. i mean more like admiration or respect)

i would prefer if his/her main class is a samurai. Its more because of my bias feeling to play samurai class character in mmo (im talking to you maple ). His/her subclass is sword-saint or dragon slayer. Although i dont know what these subclass actually do but they sounded cool so i pick them LOL

well this is just my imagination going wild because of extreme boredom so u can give me your opinion or just completely ignored it if u wish. i dont mind at all.

Speaking of subclass does anyone know what each subclass actually do?

Last edited by Avento; 2013-10-25 at 02:09. Reason: forgot something
Old 2013-10-25, 02:12   Link #251
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The leaders of the raid guilds in Akiba each has at least two though, weapon and main armor. (Soujiro, Crusty, Issac, William)
Dam guild leaders hogging all the good items . It reminds me of those days where people would roll for equipment. If you had bad luck you'd always end up with junk.

Does the author mention equipment stats?
Old 2013-10-25, 04:10   Link #252
tsunade666

Quote:
What kind of bonus does fantasmal item do? Bonus in skill level? If its that kind of item that increase one skills/spell then its really a useful one. I also don't see the reason of shire getting a fantasmal weapon if the weapon only give addional magic damage or damage. It would be useless for his class because his not the offensive type. But if it increase in cooldown then it would be really a good item. Or boost in casting speed but so far. The casting speed is not needed from what shiroe cast. They are all instant cast.
Old 2013-10-25, 06:27   Link #253
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

While running through a Chinese message board, I came across some information which might be of interest to us here:

Spoiler for On birds and the bees:

Spoiler for On publishing the side story:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 07:19   Link #254
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Spoiler for On publishing the side story:
who is Leonardo? what's TMNT mean?
Old 2013-10-25, 07:34   Link #255
Breimoon

Quote:
do you remember turtles ninjas?? Well leonardo is a character of the side story who kinda cosplays as one of these ninjas.And american companies are really evil, there is copyright even about the strangest/tiniest things!! I would not be surprised if someday they would copyright air......
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 07:36   Link #256
Avento
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
Leonardo is one of the party member that is travelling with kanami. TMNT would mean Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon
do you remember turtles ninjas?? Well leonardo is a character of the side story who kinda cosplays as one of these ninjas.And american companies are really evil, there is copyright even about the strangest/tiniest things!! I would not be surprised if someday they would copyright air......
im sure they already did....... we just dont know it LOL

Old 2013-10-25, 07:49   Link #257
tsunade666

........................... ;_; okay that's a dumb question. So its Leonardo from teenage mutant ninja turtle. I didn't manage to connect the dot on why it would be a problem of copyright without you guts explaining it. Thanks but I feel dumb for asking that one -_- or maybe its just that I don't know the whole copyright problem in America.
Old 2013-10-25, 08:00   Link #258
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
........................... ;_; okay that's a dumb question. So its Leonardo from teenage mutant ninja turtle. I didn't manage to connect the dot on why it would be a problem of copyright without you guts explaining it. Thanks but I feel dumb for asking that one -_- or maybe its just that I don't know the whole copyright problem in America.
Depends on where you draw the line of parody.

Soujirou Seta is just as bad though, he looks and talks like Soujirou Seta from Rurouni Kenshin.
Of course, Watsuki can't say jack shit about that one, he's far more guilty of parodies and influences. Rurouni Kenshin was FULL of X-Men characters.

Quote:
What kind of bonus does fantasmal item do? Bonus in skill level? If its that kind of item that increase one skills/spell then its really a useful one. I also don't see the reason of shire getting a fantasmal weapon if the weapon only give addional magic damage or damage. It would be useless for his class because his not the offensive type. But if it increase in cooldown then it would be really a good item. Or boost in casting speed but so far. The casting speed is not needed from what shiroe cast. They are all instant cast.
Fantasmal gear, especially weapons, are like special snowflake MMO weapons.
They all have unique effect only found on the specific item. Issac's Sword of Pain Black reflects percentage of damage he takes back at the enemy as threat/hate. Soujiro's katana is an intelligent sword that can assist him.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-25 at 08:17.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 08:04   Link #259
tsunade666

Quote:
Soujirou Seta is just as bad though, he looks and talks like Soujirou Seta from Rurouni Kenshin.
Of course, Watsuki can't say jack shit about that one, he's far more guilty of parodies and influences. Rurouni Kenshin was FULL of X-Men characters.
O_O

I don't understand this. I watch Rurouni Kenshin and even buy the dvd's but .... X-men? sorry but maybe I just don't know any western comic novel or something but I don't have a clue on what you said.

Maybe that is why I also didn't recognize TMNT. Since I'm little I only watch anime and few western shows. I didn't watch x-men or likes for the matter but I know them.
Old 2013-10-25, 08:06   Link #260
Breimoon

Quote:
Rurouni Kenshin was FULL of X-Men characters.
what, really??? Didn't see rurouni kenshin yet.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers