AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 20:40   Link #3061
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

But I think having Jun die while the dolls are still alive is going to wrack them real bad. It is like seeing your loved ones die. Shinku would probably put up a tough exterior and move on, but I really don't know about Suiseiseki doing the same. We had seen that she almost broke down in depression when Souseiseki left to join the Alice Game. Having Jun, another person she love, die is going to really crack her up. Having to experience two deaths in her lifetime will take a huge toll on her. She might decide to just hide in her box and never come out again.

And Shinku, maybe, she is strong enough to move on. However, the memories of Jun dying may affect her decisions in taking a new medium.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 20:59   Link #3062
Flo
The Necessary Evil

What Bitch-Pit...I mean Peach-Pit don't want you see concerning Hina Ichigo.

Free fall junk

I dunno what to call it

Will you Desutards be able to do it?
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 22:29   Link #3063
Lost

"For you, I'm a mindless drone. If you say so, your desu~ness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
But I think having Jun die while the dolls are still alive is going to wrack them real bad. It is like seeing your loved ones die. Shinku would probably put up a tough exterior and move on, but I really don't know about Suiseiseki doing the same. We had seen that she almost broke down in depression when Souseiseki left to join the Alice Game. Having Jun, another person she love, die is going to really crack her up. Having to experience two deaths in her lifetime will take a huge toll on her. She might decide to just hide in her box and never come out again.

And Shinku, maybe, she is strong enough to move on. However, the memories of Jun dying may affect her decisions in taking a new medium.
Abit like deciding not to buy another dog when your pet-dog passes away eh?

Well, it will definitely make them sad, but I don't think they will be too distressed, because I doubt that it will be the first medium death they have had to go thru. These dolls are much older than Jun, and we saw Shinku fighting circa WWII period. She must have had a master then, and if so, he/she would prob alr be dead.

I can't say for sure that Jun is not the first medium for SuiseiSeki, but I think these dolls go way back into the past ~ from the mid-1800s perhaps. Sui was VERY depressed by Sou's death because she was her sister, and Sou was with her for all that time since their creation, and (to Sui) should have continued to be with her for infinity. I dont know..
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 22:38   Link #3064
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
"For you, I'm a mindless drone. If you say so, your desu~ness"

Abit like deciding not to buy another dog when your pet-dog passes away eh?

Well, it will definitely make them sad, but I don't think they will be too distressed, because I doubt that it will be the first medium death they have had to go thru. These dolls are much older than Jun, and we saw Shinku fighting circa WWII period. She must have had a master then, and if so, he/she would prob alr be dead.

I can't say for sure that Jun is the first medium for SuiseiSeki, but I think these dolls go way back into the past ~ from the mid-1800s perhaps. Sui was VERY depressed by Sou's death because she was her sister, and Sou was with her for all that time since their creation, and (to Sui) should have continued to be with her for infinity. I dont know..
Well, from what we saw in the beginning of S1, Shinku got shut back in her box. Maybe all this while, this is what these dolls experienced, getting shut in the box. And I had the impression that of all the mediums, it is probable that they were closest to Jun. If they had all been treating their previous mediums as worthless servant/a master, then what they will feel when Jun dies will be different than what they feel when the previous mediums die. It is already mentioned in drama CDs (if it can be trusted) that Suiseiseki had never been such a mischievous doll until she met Jun, and Shinku was different before she met Jun.

I think their relationship with Jun is much closer than their relationship with their previous medium. So Jun's death will affect them very differently.
Old 2006-05-10, 09:39   Link #3065
Lost

Wt- Not a single post since this morning? Heh, there was a time when it'd have been the opposite

Quote:
And I had the impression that of all the mediums, it is probable that they were closest to Jun. If they had all been treating their previous mediums as worthless servant/a master, then what they will feel when Jun dies will be different than what they feel when the previous mediums die. It is already mentioned in drama CDs (if it can be trusted) that Suiseiseki had never been such a mischievous doll until she met Jun, and Shinku was different before she met Jun.

I think their relationship with Jun is much closer than their relationship with their previous medium. So Jun's death will affect them very differently.
I agree.. needless to say, Jun is a VERY special medium. I mean, how many people in the world would take those dolls seriously?

I was just eating some Californian strawberries (they're really big, ripe-red and very sweet) a friend gave me. Guess who they reminded me of? *sob*
Old 2006-05-10, 10:09   Link #3066
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Quote:
Wt- Not a single post since this morning? Heh, there was a time when it'd have been the opposite

I agree.. needless to say, Jun is a VERY special medium. I mean, how many people in the world would take those dolls seriously?

I was just eating some Californian strawberries (they're really big, ripe-red and very sweet) a friend gave me. Guess who they reminded me of? *sob*
You sure not from Cameron Highlands? But well, why need to be saddened anyway.
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 20:20   Link #3067
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steno
You sure not from Cameron Highlands? But well, why need to be saddened anyway.
Strawberry = Hinaichigo = Dead.
Old 2006-05-10, 20:40   Link #3068
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Anyway, if Season 3 were to end on a beautifully sad note, we'll have Jun die at the end of it, and then the dolls trying to let Nori live, albeit lonely themselves. Sui will transform into the lady she really is, and Shinku will lock herself up in a box.

BTW, Jun dies for the sake of the dolls. Oh, man, will I cry when that will ever happen. Sui then becomes a quiet, sad looking girl, and Nori lives on ... ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 21:36   Link #3069
Flo
The Necessary Evil

I did let Tomino direct the 3rd Season. For obvious reasons
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 22:33   Link #3070
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Ah! Yoshiyuki 'Kill 'em all!' Tomino! Yay! /sarcasm
Old 2006-05-10, 22:42   Link #3071
Alu
Guide my hand...

Uff.., I made it back

My deepest apologies if I've been recently absent.., I was abducted by the F/S night boards.., and only now was I able to make a escape run back to the Rozen Maiden thread I love so much

Anyway.., I take leave for a bit and I then find a Alice race going on, Lost converted himself to Haruhiism and Hina is smoking.
Its good to see Flo still continues with the WTF pictures..

Now, regarding the Jun discussion.

Quote:
I can't say for sure that Jun is not the first medium for SuiseiSeki, but I think these dolls go way back into the past ~ from the mid-1800s perhaps. Sui was VERY depressed by Sou's death because she was her sister, and Sou was with her for all that time since their creation, and (to Sui) should have continued to be with her for infinity. I dont know..
I belive him not to have been Sui's first medium, altough I am pretty sure that Sui did not have a good experience with her past ones.

As we all remember when we first saw Sui she realy despized humans, and would not stand for a medium no matter the circustances; of course, this was also due to the fact that she could not stand to see Sou suffer like she was at the hands of her medium just because of her devotion to him.

But still, from most of the flashbacks we see from Shinku and Hina, etc. Its clear to me that they did not have a medium that could understand them as better as Jun did, nor to give them such freedom as he does aswell.

All and all these are diferent times then the ones we saw in the flashbacks, but still given all things considered, Jun is after all a good person.

So naturaly I belive it would hurt them alot if Jun where to die..; maybe that will happen as a "trigger" in season 3.., currently our imagination is the limit on what can happen then..
I still hold great hopes for a Gin + Shinku vs Kira fight

Now.., regarding the Alice Race :

Quote:
Megu: Straight out of ICU, and with Congenital Heart Disease, this underrated piece of Junk has an advantage in that it has nothing to lose, no, not even her life. With Slavedriver Gin right behind her, this is one "cart" not to underestimate.
Secret Bonus: See that IV Line she's holding? It contains ADRENALINE. Yep, ADRENALINE, aka NITRO. +10 speed and reflexes over 20 seconds.
Yup.., my money is on "The Megu" !
Even if the Bara Bara Machine cheats by using the Rabbit and the Shopping Buggy leaves out obstacles.., there is no way they can catch "The Megu" when she triggers on her special !

(By the way Lost, great post. You get a cookiee from me too )

Ah, forgot to mencione... Why on earth did Physics became a medicine seller ? ~Desu
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 00:15   Link #3072
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

In season 3, there is a change of plans:

Old 2006-05-11, 00:55   Link #3073
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Please translate for the Japanese impaired on our forum. (Me, for instance.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 02:44   Link #3074
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
I belive him not to have been Sui's first medium, altough I am pretty sure that Sui did not have a good experience with her past ones.

As we all remember when we first saw Sui she realy despized humans, and would not stand for a medium no matter the circustances; of course, this was also due to the fact that she could not stand to see Sou suffer like she was at the hands of her medium just because of her devotion to him.

But still, from most of the flashbacks we see from Shinku and Hina, etc. Its clear to me that they did not have a medium that could understand them as better as Jun did, nor to give them such freedom as he does aswell.
Even without the flashbacks, it's pretty obvious that Jun's a different type of medium compared to the Shibisakis and Micchan: though they might love their dolls a lot too, only Jun treats the dolls as, well, true individuals who are humans' equals, should I say? And I'm guessing he's also the first medium who personally plays an active/emotional role in the Alice Game (i.e. more than a "power supplier", so to speak)?

[Edit]
Quote:
I mean, how many people in the world would take those dolls seriously?
Exactly what I meant to say above, but in fewer words and much more clearly

Observation of the hour,
Suiseiseki : Desu :: Kanaria : Kashira

What does "kashira" mean, anyway?

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2006-05-11 at 05:04.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 02:57   Link #3075
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i think it says Ginchan, Po Po Po! able to begin, from the continuation, the end.

i dont know what Po Po Po is, other than like a noise for kisses, but thats usually typed chu, so im not sure.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 05:47   Link #3076
gonzo

Kashira!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou
What does "kashira" mean, anyway?
As I wrote some 100 postings ago, kashira means "brains".

When Kanaria adds a "kashira" to her phrases, she says something like "OMG, I'm so smart".
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 06:47   Link #3077
Lost

Quote:
Strawberry = Hinaichigo = Dead.
Exactly.. She is still dead..

@physics: I'll bawl my eyes out if what you described happens; it'll just be too sad to see the dolls trying to go on in daily life without Jun. Tho, technically, without a medium, shouldn't they be kept in their boxes, for that eternal sleep Shinku fears? i.e. they "die" for the time being.

Oooh.. an idea. You know that long sleep the dolls take inbetween mediums? When they wake up, do the dolls lose their memory of the previous medium? Because Gin came to my mind: she initially forgot her previous experience with Shinku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
I still hold great hopes for a Gin + Shinku vs Kira fight
I greatly second that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Ah, forgot to mencione... Why on earth did Physics became a medicine seller ? ~Desu
He was no longer getting his high from Ergo Proxy J/k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou
And I'm guessing he's also the first medium who personally plays an active/emotional role in the Alice Game (i.e. more than a "power supplier", so to speak)?
Thats definitely true.. Remember the exchange between him and Shinku about revealing Bara to the rest in the 2nd (I think) episode of S2? and how he gave her a musical box later. Or him reading Sui to sleep?
Old 2006-05-11, 06:50   Link #3078
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

When the next RM manga comes out, I am sure that Kira will kill another doll.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 07:15   Link #3079
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It's the first time I ever puked so much in my life. It's the first time I got so dead drunk, I couldn't even give a damn I was.

Yep, I know that was offtopic.

If RM3 pulled off a Tomino ... wow. It would be one of the greatest series of all time.

Last edited by physics223; 2006-05-11 at 09:49.
Old 2006-05-11, 07:21   Link #3080
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
It's the first time I ever puked so much in my life. It's the first time I got so dead drunk, I couldn't even give a damn I was.
Huh, you're off topic. I'm sorry.

More killing from Kira required in season 3!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural