AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-08, 21:55   Link #101
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I'm kinda glad I never watched Code Geass now. :l
Old 2008-01-08, 22:00   Link #102
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have the advantage of not having much liked Code Geass, so Lelouch is easy for me to get out of my head. I've heard Fukuyama Jun as the self-important Lelouch, as an effeminate young cellist in Corda D'Oro, and as the uke in the yaoi OVA Okane ga Nai. I think his voice here isn't really any of those, but some different mix. We'll see where he goes with it. I think Lawrence has to be a mixture of young and energetic and mature and knowledgeable. There is a nice, sunny energetic edge to Jun-chan's version of him in episode one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 22:36   Link #103
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Well, I guess you better add bestiality to my list of acceptable relationships.

Last edited by tun; 2008-01-08 at 22:50.
tun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 22:42   Link #104
Westlo
Lets be reality

Andrew C said all doubts are removed after watching the first ep and that the new stuff felt like the novel so that's good enough for me. I noticed a lot of people don't like the pacing but that issue came up with the manga and never really bothered me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
]
I'll take this one, thanks!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 22:55   Link #105
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Well, I guess you better add bestiality to my list of acceptable relationships.
Lol, whut? She's only 10% furry, ffs.

Anyhow, raw on Veoh if you don't want to download: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v250452846EW6SXm

Subs are coming out soon, says some anonymous dude.
Old 2008-01-08, 23:05   Link #106
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Honestly, I like Jun's Lelouch voice. Even if it is coming out of the "mature" Lawrence's mouth, this shouldn't bother me much. And Koshimizu Ami has yet to fail me. She made Kallen my favorite CG character, and she absolutely dominated the rest of the cast of M;Y as Nanaka.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 23:08   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some lovely avatars there but I took so much heat about dropping Tomoko before I guess I'll have to stick with Tomoko.

I will definitely be wanting a small .sig image of a series of Horo snaps though..... and I also dropped Code Geass like hot iron so there's no VA overlap problem for me.

edit: its only "bestiality" if the date is with a lesser or non sentient creature. With this situation, its xenophilia (love of the exotic).
Old 2008-01-08, 23:40   Link #108
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
edit: its only "bestiality" if the date is with a lesser or non sentient creature. With this situation, its xenophilia (love of the exotic).
Humans are the lesser creature. We have the moral sense. We choose to do evil things because they suit us. No beast chooses to do evil, for they know not what evil is.

You should know what I'm referencing.
Old 2008-01-08, 23:44   Link #109
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
...Koshimizu Ami has yet to fail me....she absolutely dominated the rest of the cast of M;Y as Nanaka.
Quoted for truth. It was as if the lights went on as soon as Nanaka started speaking and then went off again when she was done. I'm now looking forward to 12 more episodes of Ami having her way with Horo.

On her blog, she says that she got "great good fortune" in her new year's divination this year, after "misfortune" last year, so all will be well. She and her friend Sanpei Yuuko (Eureka7, Precure5)are on holiday in Kyoto and Osaka this week, and Ami is posting pics to the blog. They both joined the big Sigma Seven agency last year, and are looking forward to good roles. This appears to be one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-09 at 00:08.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 23:58   Link #110
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
This one been claimed yet? If not, I'd love to use it.
Old 2008-01-09, 00:19   Link #111
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
This one been claimed yet? If not, I'd love to use it.
As far as I can tell... it's all yours!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 00:51   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Humans are the lesser creature. We have the moral sense. We choose to do evil things because they suit us. No beast chooses to do evil, for they know not what evil is.

You should know what I'm referencing.
aye aye... was ordering in terms of the food chain (or at least our position when we have access to long pointy sticks).
Old 2008-01-09, 01:55   Link #113
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
I wanna use this ava...

Thanks!
Old 2008-01-09, 02:22   Link #114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And while I blinked... w00t, someone has released a sub of ep 1!
Old 2008-01-09, 02:23   Link #115
Westlo
Lets be reality

That was quick, props to BSS! Now to wait 10 hours to dl it since I'm capped
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 02:24   Link #116
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

YES! *does an embarrassing dance*
Old 2008-01-09, 02:41   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, the quickness has me a bit worried but if the dialog is a match to lines from the manga or light novels -- translation would go faster (particularly Horo's lines).
Old 2008-01-09, 04:20   Link #118
tbl
Affably Evil

Lawrence's voice reminded me a lot more of Albert de Morcerf (Gankutsuou ) than Leouche's which is a bit disappointing. Jun's sounded a bit young to me and to be honest, the only show I've really liked him in is Code Geass.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Last edited by tbl; 2008-01-09 at 04:55.
tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 04:41   Link #119
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Yea, I didn't hear any Lelouch in Jun's Lawrence like everyone was claiming. I'm pretty convinced at this point that Jun is an amazing VA. As Lelouch, his tone is extremely menacing, sarcastic and condescending. As Lawrence, its slightly playful, still a little sarcastic (but in a completely different spectrum from Lelouch) and he gives you a sort of "kinder older brother" feel. Ami, as expected from me, did an outstanding job. As Horo, she sounds somewhat indifferent and otherworldly, yet lonely (exactly what you would expect from a goddess who has been bound to the land for centuries).
The interaction between the main characters leaves me craving for more episodes, as well as Lawrence's comment about the "dangers" of being a merchant. A promise for interesting conflict perhaps?
Old 2008-01-09, 05:02   Link #120
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Just got around to watching it finally (Damn busy day...) and enjoyed it a lot. This is probably going to be the best series this season. And I usually wait at -least- three episodes to decide whether a series is decent or not. >.>

Best first episode for a series in a long time, I think. Not many have drawn me in and left me craving more like this has.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen