AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-27, 09:56   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Macross Frontier Movie Discussion

Did you know there is going to be a movie following the Macross F TV series? No? Well, there is going to be a movie following the Macross F TV series. Yes, I pride myself at bringing fresh news. Now that you've absorbed a tremendous shock at discovering that there is going to be a movie, lets get on with the discussion about your expectation, speculation on what would be the focus of the story, and whatever else in between.

Feel free to post any new information about the movie and I'll update the opening post.

Only one rule to post in this thread:
  • Be polite to each other.

Have a merry discussion.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:00   Link #2
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

I think there will be an epic love triangle!

I kinda figured there would have to be a movie because the show ended abruptly

Cant wait!
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:00   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

It would seem logical with the way the series ending and the timing of the announcement for the movie that this is a sequel to the tv series... let us hope that's the case.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:01   Link #4
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
2 words

TRIANGLE RESOLUTION

GO GO KAWAMORI TROLLFU GO!

on a serious note, i think this will be even better than the generally very good tv series. macross has always shined in ovas/movies
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:11   Link #5
glyph

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! Alto x Minmay (who has been in stasis on the planet all this time) shock ending.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:12   Link #6
Wesley84

I don't want to see any of the cast, except for Klan and Nene.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:31   Link #7
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Well, considering the way we were presented with the ending and how the ending progressed we can expect a direct continuation. The problem is what kind of continuation will it be?

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:40   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

^ Ranka realizing that she's behind in the race for Alto's heart started to put the moves on Sheryl in the last scene. So the movie will still be a triangle with Sheryl in the center as Alto and Ranka try to win her over. Nanase in a blind rage of fury at realizing she's losing Ranka-san to another woman starts to stalk Sheryl.. meanwhile Leon get's a new wig in prison...

IT WILL BE EPIC!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 10:52   Link #9
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ Ranka realizing that she's behind in the race for Alto's heart started to put the moves on Sheryl in the last scene. So the movie will still be a triangle with Sheryl in the center as Alto and Ranka try to win her over. Nanase in a blind rage of fury at realizing she's losing Ranka-san to another woman starts to stalk Sheryl.. meanwhile Leon get's a new wig in prison...

IT WILL BE EPIC!
I like this script. I would like to pre-order for my pair of tickets please. You take credits, right? Leon in a new wig and Nanase's jealousy fascinates me.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 11:00   Link #10
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Ahh, Masa-san

Seriously, I expect Biller and Leon to join forces. Only they qualify for the villain spot in the post Grace world. In SDF we had unhappy battle-ready Zentradi. I imagine there will be people who will follow Leon and Biller.

Old 2008-09-27, 12:27   Link #11
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
My prediction is Leon will escape confinement, rally his supporters in Intelligence Section and tries to sabotage a joint Ranka-Sheryl concert by kidnap them. He somehow have access to Grace's legacy and able to manipulate Vajras or gain a super weapon, decided to use it for take over Frontier world into military dictatorship.

Alto by now a season veteran and leader of PMC SMS was on scouting mission for Mr Birle regarding on disappearance of Megaroad that Min Mei boarded half a century ago. He almost on verge of discovery or found something interesting when big news break out. He raced back to new planet, to find resurgent Leon who is on the rampage with Bird Human technology or Vajra Protoculture stuff.

By using what he discovered when he is on archeaology hunt for Megaroad, he defeated Leon for one last time with Luca's help in dechipering the new found artifact. Ozma will do butt in, do his country dance again against pregnant Cathy's will. Klan lead a new squad also involved in the fight to protect the new homeworld.

My ending will be Alto decided that both of singing divas are too lovely so he decided to bang them both. LOL
Old 2008-09-27, 13:51   Link #12
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

What I'm starting to get worried about is that we'll get an ambiguous ending in the movie. I wonder if Kawamori will have enough courage to create a proper resolution instead of going for a indirect answer. So far only M7 failed to do so because of a significant lack of development. The way he portrayed both Sheryl and Ranka makes me think that he won't be able to.

Then again, if Frontier is a homage to the original series and has an aspiration to be unique he has to do it. I'm sure he knows way too good how fans would react if he failed to provide anything for the second time. He wouldn't be able to go with a "second movie" excuse at that point.

Old 2008-09-27, 14:19   Link #13
hai_san

yea way to go LT unsolve in TV serie, lets make a MOVIE and when that doesnt resolve anything announce upcoming OVAs...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 14:32   Link #14
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I don't think Kawamori is that ambiguous, he has shown that he can be decisive in resolution and I suspect the upcoming movie will resolve some question marks left the series.
Old 2008-09-27, 14:54   Link #15
EternalDestiny

so....any confirmed release dates?
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 15:09   Link #16
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I don't think Kawamori is that ambiguous, he has shown that he can be decisive in resolution and I suspect the upcoming movie will resolve some question marks left the series.
Hm, from what I gather that may be true. He certainly did create a great amount of development in Frontier, unlike in the infamous Macross 7. Seven never had anything that could be the base of a decisive and believable solution. The romance thing was more like a necessity rather then an integral part of the series.

I don't think he'll have enough reasons to make an OVA or another movie. Fan's will get frustrated and end up swinging away from the indecisive series. Besides, pulling another troll with a movie will just lower it's ratings. What fan would watch a movie that has no solution more then once?

Old 2008-09-27, 15:21   Link #17
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
GO GO KAWAMORI TROLLFU GO!
OH... I'm expecting Kawamori Ultimate TrollFu Technique, SwitchoTriangular! In which we see NO SherylxAltoxRanka at ALL... just Sheryl and Ranka in monitors singing happily to the masses, while Trollmori takes us on a journey following a whole different three people, locked up in their OWN triangle of rabu-rabu. He'll drag us through 90 minutes of glorious battle and mecha pR0n and resolve this totally different triangle by the end of the movie and never even address the whole ending of the series...

Then Kawamori says: "There you go people, a resolved triangle! <evil grin>"

Macross F, the Movie: Psych-O Macross!

--- Kawamori CHOP! FTW!
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 16:21   Link #18
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

whatever, I'll still want to see the casts one more time for a short story....especially Sheryl, she's a very likable character
AMDX1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 16:41   Link #19
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
OH... I'm expecting Kawamori Ultimate TrollFu Technique, SwitchoTriangular! In which we see NO SherylxAltoxRanka at ALL... just Sheryl and Ranka in monitors singing happily to the masses, while Trollmori takes us on a journey following a whole different three people, locked up in their OWN triangle of rabu-rabu. He'll drag us through 90 minutes of glorious battle and mecha pR0n and resolve this totally different triangle by the end of the movie and never even address the whole ending of the series...

Then Kawamori says: "There you go people, a resolved triangle! <evil grin>"

Macross F, the Movie: Psych-O Macross!

--- Kawamori CHOP! FTW!
that is quite funny lol
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 16:43   Link #20
BluWacky
尻の竜

This is all assuming that the movie is a sequel to the TV series. Because of course, Kawamori has such a great track record with doing that:

Do You Remember Love - retelling of the TV show
Macross Plus Movie - retelling of the OVA
Escaflowne - complete re-imagining
Aquarion - complete re-imagining

Given the announcement so close to the end of the TV show I suspect something like the RahXephon movie - a condensed retelling with a bit of new animation and some new music. I don't know when the Macross Plus film came out but the others came out some time after their original TV shows and Frontier's animation is pretty good already (the off model episodes were all "filler" anyway).

Of course, the real story is going to be down to Hiroyuki Yoshino, and he never fails to write endings that piss people off. Surely Ranka should fall in love with her non-existent father at some point...
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote