Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 00:21   Link #2081
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyriN View Post
is it possible for someone to pm me the summaries of what as happened since season 3 anime ? Just went through the whole 190 pages of shakugan no shana novel thread, dont really feel like starting another 100 pages to find the summaries of the novels ^^, if not is it possible to direct me to which page that contains the summaries.

Help appreciated
If you use the search function and search for my posts in this thread, you can find some summaries I wrote. I don't know where I started though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 06:27   Link #2082
HyriN

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If you use the search function and search for my posts in this thread, you can find some summaries I wrote. I don't know where I started though.
Yup, thanks to the previous poster, i've somewhat got the idea of whats going on up to now, and yea i went back a few pages to find quite a few of your posts too. Thanks for the help still
HyriN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 08:10   Link #2083
Alfred Kamon

Hi there.

Yep, I'm new, but I wanted to say that I made a video with a summary of the light novels 13-18 based upon serenade_beta's summaries. I'm very thankful to him and every other who wrote in this forum.
Here it goes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuv3F3IMCSw

This is not to advertise myself(not interested in views and stuff like that), just to easily re-direct the ones who come here searching for the summaries... I took a lot of time to find serenade_beta's post by myself at once, so it should be easier for everyone with this.

Thanks again, see ya -
Alfred Kamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 09:05   Link #2084
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Kamon View Post
Hi there.

Yep, I'm new, but I wanted to say that I made a video with a summary of the light novels 13-18 based upon serenade_beta's summaries. I'm very thankful to him and every other who wrote in this forum.
Here it goes:

This is not to advertise myself(not interested in views and stuff like that), just to easily re-direct the ones who come here searching for the summaries... I took a lot of time to find serenade_beta's post by myself at once, so it should be easier for everyone with this.

Thanks again, see ya -
A good job but you should have mentioned that there are a lot of differences between novels and anime so there are some points that for anuime watchers will be hard to understand as they were changed or omited from the original novels.

Also one of the main reasons why nothing regarding Znt anime season 4 is that JC Staff directors screwed up big time and made the series not so very popular boob-show fest.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 10:44   Link #2085
Alfred Kamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
A good job but you should have mentioned that there are a lot of differences between novels and anime so there are some points that for anuime watchers will be hard to understand as they were changed or omited from the original novels.

Also one of the main reasons why nothing regarding Znt anime season 4 is that JC Staff directors screwed up big time and made the series not so very popular boob-show fest.
Thanks. =)

Yeah, unfortunately it is true, they screwed up lots of events, they cut off the awesome book 8, they totally invented scenes and made Saito look like a total pervert (well, he is but not so much XD). I think that all what I've written actually can be understood by someone who has only seen the 3 anime seasons. I tried to make it the simplest possible. The only rilevant difference was with Saito's laptop but in that case I clearly wrote that in the light novels he doesn't drop it at the beginning like in the anime.
If you found other things that you think can't be understood by a random ZnT anime watcher, please inform me, I'll just add a note in the video. =)

For all the differences between anime and light novels another video would be needed, eheh, 15 minutes aren't that much..
Also, I would love to translate the LN from english to my language (italian) someday...

If it's true that ZnT anime is dying, it's sad that the original light novels won't be read or even known as they're MUCH better.

Last edited by Alfred Kamon; 2011-04-21 at 23:51.
Old 2011-04-22, 03:55   Link #2086
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Thanks. =)

Yeah, unfortunately it is true, they screwed up lots of events, they cut off the awesome book 8, they totally invented scenes and made Saito look like a total pervert (well, he is but not so much XD). I think that all what I've written actually can be understood by someone who has only seen the 3 anime seasons. I tried to make it the simplest possible. The only rilevant difference was with Saito's laptop but in that case I clearly wrote that in the light novels he doesn't drop it at the beginning like in the anime.
If you found other things that you think can't be understood by a random ZnT anime watcher, please inform me, I'll just add a note in the video. =)

For all the differences between anime and light novels another video would be needed, eheh, 15 minutes aren't that much..
Also, I would love to translate the LN from english to my language (italian) someday...

If it's true that ZnT anime is dying, it's sad that the original light novels won't be read or even known as they're MUCH better.
This is the problem with Anime-ka. If they did a poor job and screwed up big time, people would naturally think the novel is just as no good..........if you do a good job, you can boost your novels' popularity.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 10:27   Link #2087
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Hi there.

Here it goes:

Thanks again, see ya -
Grazie per il video.

Where can I find serenade_beta's summary?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 10:41   Link #2088
crusher7d

when does the next volume come out
crusher7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:58   Link #2089
Alfred Kamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Grazie per il video.

Where can I find serenade_beta's summary?
Grazie a te per averlo visto.

For the summaries, I sent you a PM.
You can also use the search function.
Old 2011-04-27, 17:26   Link #2090
SpecialCase

so since delf gets broken what happens after? does he get repaired and what weapon does siato use now?
SpecialCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 01:54   Link #2091
Flere821
Lurker

After Derflinger got shattered Saito used a katana he picked up in Romalia's vaults. Then by Vol19 Derf's consciousness and abilities is transferred into the katana, since Derf is a elven spirit blade forged by Sasha and can transfer between vessels (but using a lot of its energy stores on the process).
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 00:41   Link #2092
johan8989

mmmmm ^^

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...:ZnT18-025.jpg

they did? .... I see that picture and thought that they already "did. " do they did or not? I'm sorry for asking
johan8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 02:35   Link #2093
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan8989 View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...:ZnT18-025.jpg

they did? .... I see that picture and thought that they already "did. " do they did or not? I'm sorry for asking
Spoiler for v18:
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 21:43   Link #2094
johan8989

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Spoiler for v18:
though o.o?
johan8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 13:54   Link #2095
Hiro Hayase

The "Shaitan's Gate" seems to really coincide with the term Shaitan in Islam, which means the devil/Satan in Islam. That's pretty interesting in ways

P.S. I wouldn't be very surprised if Tiffa was revealed to be the daughter of Sasha and Brimil. I know its very very late, but Tiffa reminds me of Tifa from FF lol
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 19:44   Link #2096
yumichan808
tra la la la la~

Omg! wow! I havent read this in a while... (how about since college started) and theres been alot of progression!

but as for the anime... if they really wanted to... the can make an OVA (kinda like the side stories for Negima that animated the manga just because the anime destroyed the anime ending). I know its not really a OVA... but I would call it that just because there is nothing else to call it. Trying to pick up from all the changes that they did to ZnT3 would call for tons of plots twists which (for some reason) never turns out good for the anime.

Much appreciation for the translations!

But one question: How could all these Void Users suddenly appear? Joseph dies and suddenly Tabitha's twin appears and happens to be a Void User??? Thats a llooonnng shot!

And I think the point to think about is what would happen when all 4 users came together... (I mean thats the point that is going to eventually happen right)? I remember something like (and maybe im wrong) but something goes wrong when all 4 familiars or users appear at the same place and the same time something happens right? Think about Louise's explosion 4x! what a sight!
yumichan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 20:22   Link #2097
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
The "Shaitan's Gate" seems to really coincide with the term Shaitan in Islam, which means the devil/Satan in Islam. That's pretty interesting in ways

P.S. I wouldn't be very surprised if Tiffa was revealed to be the daughter of Sasha and Brimil. I know its very very late, but Tiffa reminds me of Tifa from FF lol
Maybe a descendant or something, since Brimir lived 6000 years ago...
Also the elves do remind me of the early middle east: Live in the desert, technology advanced by western standards, etc...

Quote:
But one question: How could all these Void Users suddenly appear? Joseph dies and suddenly Tabitha's twin appears and happens to be a Void User??? Thats a llooonnng shot!

And I think the point to think about is what would happen when all 4 users came together... (I mean thats the point that is going to eventually happen right)? I remember something like (and maybe im wrong) but something goes wrong when all 4 familiars or users appear at the same place and the same time something happens right? Think about Louise's explosion 4x! what a sight!
Firstly, the reason why void users are popping up is not that clear, maybe it's just time for it to happen.
The reason why Tabitha's sister became the next void mage after Joseph died is because the Void lineage is that of the Royal families of the four countries (not germania), and I think that potential Void mages fail at magic similarly to Louise early on, which is how the Pope new she'd be a Void mage once Joseph was dead.

If your after long shots, then why was Saito summoned? All other void familiars so far were from the same world. I mean it would even be more likely if someone was summoned from the other side of their own planet (an equivalent to Feudal japan would have been awesome). Either they're gonna do a last minute explanation or they'll chalk it up to "destiny".
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 02:49   Link #2098
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iealchemist View Post
Either they're gonna do a last minute explanation or they'll chalk it up to "destiny".
They kind of already did chalk it up to destiny lol... there's only two ways for a Void familiar to be summoned, either by love or destiny. Louise is the 2nd reason, while Tiffania summoned her for the 1st.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 03:06   Link #2099
iealchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
They kind of already did chalk it up to destiny lol... there's only two ways for a Void familiar to be summoned, either by love or destiny. Louise is the 2nd reason, while Tiffania summoned her for the 1st.
The thing that gets me is that in most Manga, anime etc where the main character starts out as a normal person (Saito), usually takes a turn around halfway where it turns out that character has been wrapped up in the whole thing without knowing for most of their life. Since Saito doesn't have that and actually is just a random "destined" person it is a bit weird from my POV.

After Vol 5 I was expecting at some point for there to be some sort of hint that Saito had ancestors from Halgekia or that something in his world had arranged for him to be summoned. But it never came, and instead we got a love-potion fanservice chapter.

Last edited by iealchemist; 2011-05-23 at 09:05.
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 13:08   Link #2100
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post

I don't think it's a coincident. The author couldn't have made up a name that happen to mean "devil" and then just happen to use it to name the elves's supposedly Evil Gate. He must have researched it
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen