AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 16:11   Link #2621
tsunade666

awesome episode indeed and in the end Gai is indeed trustworthy commander

I wonder what's the real relationship of the girl in the picture and Shu and Haruka the awesome mom though the relationship between Shu and Haruka doesn't look like a mom and son to me too young and even Gai looks older <.< and to hell with the age in this series. I don't care anymore.

Arisa is a nice character and Gai is really a smooth talker. Plus nice fan service full episode. And the next episode is a beach episode which is truly indeed nice and I need more Hare and by the looks of next episode I wish I can get it.
Old 2011-11-24, 16:24   Link #2622
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Ookouchi Ichirou wrote the Code Geass and Yoshino Hiroyuki assisted him with it, now Yoshino Hiroyuki writes Guilty Crown and Ookouchi Ichirou assisting. But this time he wrote the whole script for this episode (Yoshino Hiroyuki wrote all for the previous).
For anyone who can read Japanese/Chinese characters, Japanese Wikipedia is a great resource for episode staff for most shows, including this one. When you go to the Wikipedia page for the show, in the box to the left is usually a link to a list of the episodes (各話リスト). Click there and it will take you to the part of the page that lists the episodes, with titles and main episode staff. Like this one. Chinese Wikipedia often has the same list.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 16:31   Link #2623
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2011-11-24, 17:07   Link #2624
magnuskn

Haha, Sheryl Nome rides again! Or someone who at least has her voice and a little bit of her attitude.

I really liked this episode. I still find it absolutely unbelievable that Haruka is supposed to be Shu's mother ( unless she had him at 15 or something like that... even then her character model looks like a 20-something ) and the whole conflict between Shu, Gai and Inori has been smoothed over a bit too quickly.

But on the whole, I approve. This show needed some more relaxed and less "grim and gritty" episodes. Even the bad guys got a few moments where they didn't go "mwahaha!" all the time.

And Segai is awesome.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-24 at 17:21. Reason: removed sub-forum complaint
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:25   Link #2625
Sides

Come on, that was just show off to promote Production I.G.
Enjoyed it nevertheless. Next episode more Hare, please.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:33   Link #2626
U<3Anime
Boo!

Holy shit, Guilty Crown really threw a curve ball this week. From the beginning to end, Episode 7 was just hella awkward to watch. Can't say I enjoyed it, but I did enjoy seeing Shuu's "Mom" because she is sure one smokin' hot "Mom".
Old 2011-11-24, 17:43   Link #2627
hyl
reading #hikaributts

This episode is different than the previous episodes. Shuu and Gai both seem to have changed in this episode, like others said Shuu is ok if he wants to protect people that he cares for and Gai seems more sympathetic (except this was all according to his plan).

If this was planned by Gai to get some kind of alliance started with a powerfull group, how did he know beforehand that someone on that ship had an usefull void against missiles? I am not sure if Gai met Arisa before he was on the ship, but i doubt it. This seems a little too convenient for the plot.

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-24 at 17:52. Reason: typo
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 17:52   Link #2628
Bila
*Graphic Designer

Well i didn't expect a episode like that, but was very enjoyable except by some moments, eh
Nway i just loved gai in this episode, and the new chara, Arisa, seems pretty cool too, i want how her story will be, well if she get some development. And the picture at the end of episode too.
Old 2011-11-24, 18:22   Link #2629
hoarfrost

GHQ are nonthreatening as usual. We may as well say we don't have an antagonist for how inconsequential they are.. Shu no longer seems to care that he is a fool to be used by practically everybody. The return to school was non-controversial. For the first time since starting this show, I had a hard time maintaining interest for a whole twenty minutes. I guess it's going to be like this until the "shit gets real" episode.

And sheer watchability was all it had going for it in my eyes. Oh well.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 18:29   Link #2630
magnuskn

Did I mention that Segai is awesome? Because he is. I think his nonchalance to what American Dan was ordering him to do elevated him even more in my opinion.

"Yeah, I probably should do some mwahaha-evil and help launch those missiles at the passenger cruiser. Nah, I'll just take a nap and leave it to the other doofuses".
Old 2011-11-24, 19:17   Link #2631
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Those matters were solved in the gap between last ep and this. In any case, Shu was always pathetically eager to get back together with Inori, so what's the problem? Her telling him how to fool Gai in the past episode was like their reconciliation.
That's kind of a sign of a lack of effort when the staff leaves the resolution of a significant scene to the imagination of the viewers (in the gap before last episode and this one? ), and the problem is that there hasn't been any "always" between them yet. Inori hasn't practically shattered his psyche any more than the one time; it's not something he has repeatedly shown himself overcoming or anything, yet here he is like it never happened. Disappointing, because it makes you wonder "What the heck was the point of his angst from Inori?" They already had the conflict between Shu and Gai going in full gear before Inori hurt him.
The fooling Gai last episode did nothng at all to reconcile them. All she said was "do as I say." It helped Shu reconcile with Gai, but didn't do anything about how Inori supposedly used him on Gai's orders.

Quote:
The idea of them both being back at school is a far bigger problem that we just have to accept and enjoy. And only at the end do we see how much "Haruka" (not "Mother"?) knows, which explains how she can so easily accept Inori.
Well that they actually explain; the deal with Segai last episode. And as you said, they hint why Haruka was so acceptive of Inori. But not a word was given to the damage done between Shu and Inori.
Old 2011-11-24, 19:42   Link #2632
JediNight
キズランダム

I think the info to take out of this episode is:

- Shu is most likely adopted. Calling her Haruka, and being uncomfortable with the hug, etc.
- Haruka had a picture of Shu and Proto-Inori in her wallet. So presumably she knows who/what Inori is. It's hard to imagine she wouldn't notice the similarity.
- Shu manned up and asked for orders and succeeded like a boss for once instead of moping around.
- Segai doesn't care anymore and just wants to see more of Shu doing his thing. (He had the eye mask on and was sleeping when they were firing the missiles lol... )
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:06   Link #2633
Key Board
Carbon

So Sheryl Nome met Saotome Alto this episode
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:13   Link #2634
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So Sheryl Nome met Saotome Alto this episode
I disagree, Gai is much cooler than Alto.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:16   Link #2635
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That's kind of a sign of a lack of effort when the staff leaves the resolution of a significant scene to the imagination of the viewers (in the gap before last episode and this one? ), and the problem is that there hasn't been any "always" between them yet. Inori hasn't practically shattered his psyche any more than the one time; it's not something he has repeatedly shown himself overcoming or anything, yet here he is like it never happened. Disappointing, because it makes you wonder "What the heck was the point of his angst from Inori?" They already had the conflict between Shu and Gai going in full gear before Inori hurt him. The fooling Gai last episode did nothng at all to reconcile them. All she said was "do as I say." It helped Shu reconcile with Gai, but didn't do anything about how Inori supposedly used him on Gai's orders.

Well that they actually explain; the deal with Segai last episode. And as you said, they hint why Haruka was so acceptive of Inori. But not a word was given to the damage done between Shu and Inori.
All reasonable points, but with all of which I disagree. Leaving resolution to a gap is a good way of doing things, it seems to me. Not everything has to be woodenly and painstakingly laid out in chronological order. We get the pleasure of the slight dissonance, and of inferring truth rather than having it handed to us on a platter.

Shu has been devoted to Inori since early in episode one. Him watching her video is one of the first things we see. That's the "always."

To me, it seems clear that Inori teaching him how to fool Gai brought them closer. He obeyed her, for one thing. It worked, for another. And getting closer to Gai makes him closer to Inori, softening some of the tension of the triangle.

What's the point of the angst? Mainly, it's its own point. Him seeing her go into Gai's room was one of the most powerful things in the show. We also learned from the angst how connected Inori was to Gai: he even gave her her name, and she wouldn't think of abandoning him. But we also know, having the godlike audience view we do, that they really weren't doing what Shu thought they were, there behind closed doors.

Of course I know they stated a reason that Shu could go back to school, but I still don't find it very convincing. I just accept it and go on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:39   Link #2636
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Awkward random shower scene is awkward and random.

Segai stole this episode by sleeping through it. I'm not sure if that's awesome or not.

More seriously, though, Gai is one charming bastard. He and Shu make a good team, even if he really is just using the poor kid. I like the student council girl, but I think we just got her one token episode. I'm hoping that I'm wrong. Shu's mom gets an introduction too, but there's obviously a lot more to learn about her.

I know I said this last week, but holy hell, is it ever weird how Shu's tension with Inori has been... I want to say "dropped", but I don't think that even begins to express just how aggressively GC seems to have abandoned that subplot. They didn't just drop it, they threw it on the groooound. Serves me right for getting invested in something.

Also, may I express an interest in more of Tsugumi "operating" soon? Gai spent good money on that skin-tight catsuit, the least she can do is bounce around in it a little more. And yes, I am fully aware that I just completely discredited my first paragraph.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:42   Link #2637
dark998

Gotta love how Guilty Crown can go from seriousness and chaotic action to comedy and a more light hearted atmosphere almost seamlessly. And still excel at both sides of the coin.

Arisa is a interesting character and has a nice chemistry with Gai. Haruka is a really caring mother even though she is busy with her work at Sephira most of the time.

Highlight was of course Shu/Gai working as a team and the handful of scenes between Shu and Inori. After seven episodes we finally get to see her true smile.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:57   Link #2638
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I'm gonna be bluntly honest: episode 7 was atrociously bad and cheesy which may mean it's so bad it's good for some people - ymmv. This is coming from a person who has been genuinely enjoying Guilty Crown on a weekly basis and somewhat defending it in the past despite all the harsh criticisms about plot, Shu's character etc. However, this was in a different league of bad even in comparison to episode 3, which had a lot of school life shenanigans in itself. I think I counted more "fanservice" and "anime comedy" scenes than the all of the the other GC eps combined. These are merely some off the top of my head but I'm sure there is lots more:

1. Shu's whole class getting excited and jumping on him due to his involvement with Undertakers.

2. How many Haruka (Shu's mother) the milf pantyshots did we get? I lost count because there was too many.

3. Funnell picking up and folding Inori's undergarments.

4. Shu falling on top Inori causing Haruka to misunderstand.

5. Inori acting like a moeblob eating that riceball.

6. Arisa shower scene.

7. Blond psycho number 2 (Dan) being all gung-ho and enthusiastic about missile firing.

8. Arisa acting tsundere to Gai's "fabulousness".

9. A somewhat serious plot of missles being fired at a ship turning into a comedic firework display with Shu dancing about using Arisa's void to deflect the missile attack synchronized to Tschaoivsky's Waltz of the Flowers being played in the background (WTF!).

This episode just made me rage. Complete and total tonal shift that is comparable to Hanasaku Iroha ep 1-2 vs ep 3. It's like if I was watching a completely different series and or if Seiji Kishi got his hands on the script . The only redeeming parts was the revealing of Haruka working for GHQ's geronome department (which in itself was bit of an asspull imo) and at the very end when she revealed a wallet photo of her, Shu and that Inori look-a-like girl.

3/10 for the episode and by far the worst episode for me.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 20:58   Link #2639
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

So why does Shu call his mom by her name?
Old 2011-11-24, 21:00   Link #2640
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 8:

- The random dudes calling Shu a "criminal scum" do need detention, but what about the blonde girl who was so quick to resort to violence?

- "Is the military really full of gay people?" Oh Fujoshi girl, you are by far this episode's MVP. By the way, meet Segai...

- High School Stationary List: iPad - starting from $499USD

- Wonder what happen to Haruka's husband/Shu Papa. Maybe he died. Maybe he's the clown guy. You heard it here first.

- All-American Dan Eagleman. Learned Japanese in 2 months using GUTS. Now he can watch anime unsubbed. I like how that guy who got his iPad thrown away by Daryl last episode calls him "Mr. Dan".

- "Hi. My name is Gai. I can take down a big robot by myself. I can survive a mile-wide missile blast still standing. I don't know where I learnt this as a terrorist, but I can charm high-school girls with my looks, moves and lines, but since I move and talk like some low-exposure Shojo-manga male lead, its probably just my looks. Manipulate the GHQ to shoot missiles at a ship to earn a partnership with the Kouhuin group? Sure! Do my annual taxes in 15 minutes? No problem! Play ping-pong underwater with electric eels? Why not? Man, I can't wait for this show to make me cooler and cooler with each coming week!"

- Speaking of which, if Haruka knows both Shu and Inori, chances are she will know Gai wouldn't she? Why isn't Gai in that photo along with them?

- I like how blonde girl's void is a Pokeball that turns missiles into fireworks. According to Gai its because she's a Tsundere.

- I also like how the clown guy sleeps with an eye mask on.

- Irrespective of age, I find the "Inori" from the unknown past much cuter than the present Inori. I dig the domestic look.

- Overall a very "In Gai we trust" episode this week. The one person who distrusts Gai now also like him. And all is right with the world.

-Dan: "If they fly upward, they can fly horizontally too!"
Shirou: "People die if they are killed."
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig