AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 10:46   Link #981
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
She may have acted maternal with them, but it doesn't really seem like she was trying to groom them for leadership in the same way she was with Joeffry. And Cersie had a VERY dysfunctional way of grooming Jeoffrey for leadership.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Cersei can't exactly claim she had no hand in Joeffrey becoming a delusional brat. Not when she's telling him that he can double think this personal failings into triumphs due to him being a king. And then she acts surprised when Joeffrey takes this advice to heart?
Well, neither of them are expected to lead. Marcella would get married off (If I remember correctly that's why she got sent to Dorne), and Tommen will eventually get Casterly Rock to serve under Joffrey. And well, I think we can all agree that although Cersei loves her children very much, shes not the best of mothers Though I really do believe she only wants to the best for them.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:08   Link #982
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I've been hearing about Dorne since forever.

i hope at some point they actually show the damn place, I'm eager to taste their wine. ^_^

Edit: They also have hinted at Casterly Rock, but I doubt HBO has the money to materialise the image that filthy rich place cast in my mind.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:53   Link #983
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Well, neither of them are expected to lead. Marcella would get married off (If I remember correctly that's why she got sent to Dorne), and Tommen will eventually get Casterly Rock to serve under Joffrey. And well, I think we can all agree that although Cersei loves her children very much, shes not the best of mothers Though I really do believe she only wants to the best for them.
Yes. And the fact that neither of them were given "leadership" training by Cersei is why they're both far more qualified theoretical rulers than Joffrey. Joffrey is very much like Cersei in many ways. Vain, vicious, but not particularly clever.

Cersei is basically totally ignorant of martial values/matters, and is at best an amateur schemer. And with those credentials, she tried to raise Joffrey into being a valiant and clever warrior king. In that regard, she absolutely failed.

The only way I can possibly imagine Joffrey turning out better would have been if Cersei had let him develop more amicable relations with his uncle Tyrion.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 17:48   Link #984
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

Quote:
She may have acted maternal with them, but it doesn't really seem like she was trying to groom them for leadership in the same way she was with Joeffry. And Cersie had a VERY dysfunctional way of grooming Jeoffrey for leadership.

YouTube

Cersei can't exactly claim she had no hand in Joeffrey becoming a delusional brat. Not when she's telling him that he can double think this personal failings into triumphs due to him being a king. And then she acts surprised when Joeffrey takes this advice to heart?
THIS!

Proof that Jofrey is the he is because of his mother! /Freud
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 07:11   Link #985
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Images

Btw am I the only one who expected Walder Frey to ask "Where is Mrs Norris" when you first saw him?
Old 2013-06-23, 21:04   Link #986
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Yes. And the fact that neither of them were given "leadership" training by Cersei is why they're both far more qualified theoretical rulers than Joffrey. Joffrey is very much like Cersei in many ways. Vain, vicious, but not particularly clever.

Cersei is basically totally ignorant of martial values/matters, and is at best an amateur schemer. And with those credentials, she tried to raise Joffrey into being a valiant and clever warrior king. In that regard, she absolutely failed.

The only way I can possibly imagine Joffrey turning out better would have been if Cersei had let him develop more amicable relations with his uncle Tyrion.
I don't think Cersei is the only one at fault. Joffrey actually resembles Robert a lot (the whole "the king gets what he wants" thing). He is basically the combination of the worst traits of Cersei and Robert (and his own stupidity of course), which makes him a disaster.
The other kids have an advantage over Joffrey is that they haven't grown up enough to learn (bad) things from adults.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 12:03   Link #987
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post

Btw am I the only one who expected Walder Frey to ask "Where is Mrs Norris" when you first saw him?
And then you found out who Hermione's Mom is.
Old 2013-06-24, 13:18   Link #988
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
And then you found out who Hermione's Mom is.
Yeah, saw someone post that either on my Facebook feed or earlier in this thread. The end result of the comparison image was demanding that Emma Watson join the Thrones cast and disrobe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 12:08   Link #989
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

'Game of Thrones' casts major season 4 role: Oberyn the Red Viper

Quote:
The most anticipated new role coming to the fourth season of Game of Thrones has been filled.

Prince Oberyn Martell will be played by Chilean actor Pedro Pascal, who has previously had arcs on CBS’ The Good Wife, ABC’s Red Widow and USA’s Graceland.
So what do you think?
Old 2013-06-29, 12:45   Link #990
jvcscasio
Lord of Lurkervile

I'm not sure, let's see how they use the make up on him, and his acting...
jvcscasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 06:01   Link #991
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I confess I've seen none of the work of Mr. Pascal, so I'll withhold judgment. But the track record in terms of casting is pretty damn stellar, so there's no reason to suspect he's not a fine actor. And in truth, this is a character of secondary importance to begin with.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 10:10   Link #992
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

In related note, since the actor for the Red Viper has been cast, i wonder they might also cast actresses that might play the character's daughters. (I read in GOT wikia that Oberyn has eight daughters.)
Old 2013-06-30, 11:22   Link #993
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
In related note, since the actor for the Red Viper has been cast, i wonder they might also cast actresses that might play the character's daughters. (I read in GOT wikia that Oberyn has eight daughters.)
I am not sure the girls can get here in season 4 other than cameo like Yara. Remember, the other 1/2 of book 3 didn't have any of the daughters. The closest is the girl who is playing Trap in the citadel@oldtown.

And I think they probably will cancel/merge a couple of the daughters anyway. Most of them had little storyline (at least until book 4, I didn't read B5 yet)
Old 2013-07-06, 10:35   Link #994
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube

Lol.

In other news, Neil Marshall, the man who directed the action packed episode of Season 2, Blackwater, will be directing the Season 4 finale.

Spoiler for What the season 4 finale is.:
Old 2013-07-09, 01:50   Link #995
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hope Cersei dies a slow and insanely painful death. I'm sick of her #(&@ing smiles.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:10   Link #996
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I hope all the Lannisters die but I don't see that happening sadly...
Old 2013-07-09, 07:18   Link #997
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Except some of the Lannisters are good.
Tyrion is a decent man who cares about the weak and doesn't like people like Joffrey harming them.
Kevan does not have his older brother's pride and cares more about the family being safe then taking revenge even it might cost them their honor.
Jaime is a jaded jerk with a heart of Gold who acts like a jerk because no one will ever believe he killed the Mad King to save the people of King's Landing and will only seen as the betraying bodyguard.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2013-07-09 at 09:34.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 07:45   Link #998
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I hope all the Lannisters die but I don't see that happening sadly...
watchu talkin about? the lannisters MAKE the show! they have all the best characters. I mean come on, what would the show be without Jamie and Tyrions excellent one liners?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 08:34   Link #999
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Kevan does not have his older brother's pride and cares more about the family being safe then taking revenge even it might cost them their honor.
I don't even know who the hell this is.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 09:47   Link #1000
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't even know who the hell this is.
YouTube

He's the guy in this video that suggest they make peace with the Starks.

Tags
game of thrones, hbo