Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-15, 17:50   Link #101
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The animation is gorgeous but so far its just been a let down. I like the premise and i thought finally the story was going to get moving with ep 5 but that didint happen. It seem like the writers didnt know which way the wanted to tell the story or how to rely the brothers feeling to the auidence its a shame. I think i will hang in there for another 4 episodes to see what happens before i cast complete judgement
Old 2006-09-30, 21:46   Link #102
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Well, the story's progressing nicely now, after watching episode 10. The show's starting to get more and more of a darker feeling (not that it already doesn't have that). The usage of the premonitions was a nice touch. Not shocking, but still somehow everything seems to make sense, and perhaps the question as to why the doctor had somehow managed to get a splitting headache should be explained in the next episode.
Old 2006-10-01, 01:09   Link #103
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

I must say, both Naoto and Naoya have met quite a few attractive women in this series! There's Reiko (though a bit psycho, mind you), Shouko (space-time traveller), unnamed girl who gives Naoto money (end of ep5 and beginning of ep6), and now this viral researcher, Kanako.

Lucky dogs!
Old 2006-10-09, 13:29   Link #104
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Hahaha, Kamiya never had powers in the first place. MWAAHAHAHA Loser.
Old 2006-11-04, 08:45   Link #105
Cloudy

How come nobody talks about this series nowadays?

BTW,the part where Sonezaki was rapping in ep 13 is funny.
Old 2006-11-27, 04:07   Link #106
ccardoso
Banned

I saw episode 18: why did Naoto become some kind of deus ex machina all of a sudden? I hate these plot devices...
Old 2006-11-30, 09:40   Link #107
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
I saw episode 18: why did Naoto become some kind of deus ex machina all of a sudden? I hate these plot devices...
Had Sonezaki not stopped his explanation in episode 13 halfway, perhaps we would be able to know more. Apparently he said that he 'saw some sort of devil' in Naoto, adding to the fact that practically everyone who knows of the two brothers acknowledge them as being vital to the Upheaval, which would mean that they were in some way 'unique' or exceedingly powerful.

The releasing of his powers was somewhat disappointing, yes...In fact, some things felt as though they were unexplained. It's still interesting, though, and now that Shouko's more or less out of the picture (until otherwise stated), looks like we're left with the confrontations between Ark and the Kirhihara bros.
Old 2006-12-01, 07:45   Link #108
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
is there a chance for shounen ai in this show? ^^" lol
Old 2007-01-13, 15:12   Link #109
juventas

Does no one like this show? I think it's very X-files-ish, which is good. I'm at episode 23 and I just don't get the jump from ep 22. What was the revelation that the president of Ark had?
Old 2007-01-15, 01:55   Link #110
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by juventas View Post
Does no one like this show? I think it's very X-files-ish, which is good. I'm at episode 23 and I just don't get the jump from ep 22. What was the revelation that the president of Ark had?
I liked it fairly well. Though, IMO, the last 2 episodes were more like a side story than an ending for series. And there were several questions I had that I didn't think were answered properly.
Old 2007-01-19, 08:56   Link #111
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Hello. This is my first post here.

I have a little question: Is there any place, a forum, a blog, or whatever where somebody has posted a concluding (longer) review of the complete series? Everywhere I look the discussion seems to just have died a peaceful death. I find that curious because even if the series becomes a total letdown in the later epsiodes I would at least expect somebody to complain about wasted potential or something like that. Things being as they are it seems that I wouldn't miss much if I didn't watch NHG but I would feel better if I knew why exactly wouldn't miss much. A positive review that might change my mind is of course also very much welcome.
Old 2007-02-24, 00:42   Link #112
Epoq
1-Up Mushroom

This is one of those anime that seems to rob me of time. I can usually tell whether I like an anime or not after about 3 to 4 episode in, but it took about 11 episodes for me to realize I didn't like Night Head Genesis.

Correct that actually, I hate it.

Hearing "nii-sama" 10+ times each episode made me want to pull my hair out.
Old 2008-02-14, 14:52   Link #113
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Unofficial announcement that Media Blasters plan to license Night Head Genesis.

AoD forum, Off-topic post by John Sirabella
ANN, Media Blasters Indicates License of Night Head Genesis

Official, unofficial? Clearly it is planned but not yet final?
Old 2008-02-14, 16:03   Link #114
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
John Sirabella tends to do that quite a bit on the AnimeOnDVD forums, so 95% of the time, it's the real deal.
Old 2008-02-25, 00:23   Link #115
strategos

Will there be a second season to this anime?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2008-02-25, 10:03   Link #116
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Will there be a second season to this anime?
I hope so,cause the ending is really lame.you know,those two are really like dean and sam from supernaturals.

anyway,i would have like this show a bit better if not because of naoya's constant "Nii-san!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 2008-02-26, 19:22   Link #117
strategos

Well, I finished the series. It was awesome, but there was no closure to the anime. Is like lefting the viewers for a possible second season. Is like they will for ever go a look to stop disaters to occur.

Could the girl that gave them money in the first episode, be the girl that they saved from the abusive father?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2008-03-30, 12:15   Link #118
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

The first half was a little bit weird but this series got better and better.
I liked the last two eps
Spoiler for las two eps:

Nice show and a good end.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, supernatural