AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-09, 09:37   Link #181
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think of her as a Bunny Ears Lawyer. She's confident, but knows the line between that and arrogance. Yet, she has that sensitivity, that fear of losing her humanity to war, as all so often is the case. She treats people with respect, and as such, do expect somewhat the same treatment.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:40   Link #182
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think of her as a Bunny Ears Lawyer. She's confident, but knows the line between that and arrogance. Yet, she has that sensitivity, that fear of losing her humanity to war, as all so often is the case. She treats people with respect, and as such, do expect somewhat the same treatment.
That word... I don't think it means what you think it means. Key phrase here: 'personality quirks'.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:45   Link #183
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, does Deadpan Snarker counts as a personality quirk? Anyway, Sega could easily invent some for her. Even her friends from the academy go ,"You're still doing that? For crying out loud, you're a commander! Act like one."

Or how about munching bread, all the time? Shout out to C.C. and her pizza-eating.

Selvaria: Would you kindly not snack in the presence of the prince?
You (mouth full of bread): Can't help it, my lady. It's fuel for my brain.

Max: For the last time, stop eating in my tent!
You: Ok. (proceeds to bite from yet another sandwich)
Selvaria: Please excuse her, my Prince. She.... needs the nourishment.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:46   Link #184
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Well, does Deadpan Snarker counts as a personality quirk? Anyway, Sega could easily invent some for her. Even her friends from the academy go ,"You're still doing that? For crying out loud, you're a commander! Act like one."
So are you spouting ideas, or would you actually write this scenario?
Old 2009-04-09, 09:47   Link #185
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
And let us hope Sega makes the Commander a she and Yukana/ Kate Higgins does her voice.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:50   Link #186
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
So are you spouting ideas, or would you actually write this scenario?
Wow. That would have to wait. My University finals are coming up and I wouldn't want to screw this one up.

But, seriously, I would want a full Imperial campaign for VC.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:53   Link #187
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Wow. That would have to wait. My University finals are coming up and I wouldn't want to screw this one up.

But, seriously, I would want a full Imperial campaign for VC.
For a moment, I thought I smelled fanfic. No getting my hopes up!

I will buy practically any game they sell with the name Valkyria Chronicles on it. Pretty much no questions asked.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:56   Link #188
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Sega hit a jackpot with VC, no doubts about that.

Selvaria has our sympathy. Definitely. Max's background comes a little too late for us to empathize with him. Still, it is quite clear that the Imperial army isn't all bad. To try to create a campaign from that point of view: I think it's a logical sequel, and a nice touch.

Character interactions, shoutouts (even to the original VC, when you eventually face Squad 7 and go, "That's how I played my team 7 back in the original!"), and alternate story. Come on, Sega! You can't be happy with a 4 mission bite-sized campaign, right?

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-04-09 at 10:10.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:29   Link #189
Girsej

Got some really good news in the link, talking about a sequel. Nothing confirmed but at least the producer wants to do more.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2692/s...ia-chronicles/
Girsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:41   Link #190
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
OH YEaH!

Thank you!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 18:52   Link #191
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

A sequel continuing the storyline after the epilogue? Now, that I'll have to see.
Old 2009-04-09, 18:57   Link #192
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
A sequel continuing the storyline after the epilogue? Now, that I'll have to see.
Or a prequel.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:22   Link #193
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm really up for the idea of a prequel focusing on the Imperial army I was always wondering while playing the game how it'd be to play as the other army. Heck I'm up for any kind of continuation of the Valkyria Chronicles universe.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:31   Link #194
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm really up for the idea of a prequel focusing on the Imperial army I was always wondering while playing the game how it'd be to play as the other army.
The only character that was closest to being Welkin's role in servitude to the Empire was Jaeger (despite his few appearance. Blame MGS4 for that.) A prequel explaining his past and motivation in serving the Empire despite his homeland being assimilated would be good.

Or they can just use the tried-and-tested route by focusing on General Gunther's exploits.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:35   Link #195
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Or they can just use the tried-and-tested route by focusing on General Gunther's exploits.
There could be a whole other game based on the war Welkins dad faught in. Perhaps more would could be included around Cpt. Varrot and maybe even that guy in the graveyard.

I think its very possible for a sequel or prequel, at least in Japan. Even though it didn't sell too well in America it did make it on the greatest hits line up in Japan. Producer Nonaka Ryutaro told the Famitsu Weekly magazine that in light of the recent popularity, he really wanted to do a sequel to the game.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:27   Link #196
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girsej View Post
Got some really good news in the link, talking about a sequel. Nothing confirmed but at least the producer wants to do more.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2692/s...ia-chronicles/
Before the original game was released, there were rumors about it being a trilogy. So I am very glad to see the producers affirming the possibilities of a sequel.

But, at this point, instead of a sequel or prequel, they could make a game corresponding to the events in Valkyria Chronicles. After all, the game ended with the second war over, and Imperial forces were on full retreat from Gallia. Yet, this could not have been possible without the existence of the Federation, which btw, was the primary enemy of the Empire, not Gallia. The latter being considered a bit of a side-show. Thus, a game could be made about the conflict between the Feds and the Imps.

That, and I yearn for a proper introduction of the Federation.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 23:53   Link #197
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
But the war ends Europa wide in the epilogue.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 01:11   Link #198
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Before the original game was released, there were rumors about it being a trilogy. So I am very glad to see the producers affirming the possibilities of a sequel.

But, at this point, instead of a sequel or prequel, they could make a game corresponding to the events in Valkyria Chronicles. After all, the game ended with the second war over, and Imperial forces were on full retreat from Gallia. Yet, this could not have been possible without the existence of the Federation, which btw, was the primary enemy of the Empire, not Gallia. The latter being considered a bit of a side-show. Thus, a game could be made about the conflict between the Feds and the Imps.

That, and I yearn for a proper introduction of the Federation.

- Tak
Sega could pull off a Suikoden here.

One setting, different nations that rise and fall.

A sequel doesn't even have to be about Galia. It could be about another nation, all the while historical references about the events in the first game could also be used as the background for the new story.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 01:58   Link #199
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Sega needs a blockbuster franchise. VC can be that franchise.
Old 2009-04-11, 19:21   Link #200
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
This would be absolutely awesome if they made another game. I'd preorder it this time. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote