AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 63 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 34.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 16.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-01, 11:44   Link #61
oompa loompa

this episode was awesomeness, enjoyed every minute of it.
Old 2009-05-01, 12:07   Link #62
ruu-san

Hey, when will come out ep 6? with eng subs
Old 2009-05-01, 12:12   Link #63
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruu-san View Post
Next Friday.
Old 2009-05-01, 12:15   Link #64
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruu-san View Post
Next week Friday at the earliest (in my part of the world, GMT +8).
Old 2009-05-01, 13:01   Link #65
b0nyb0y

The concerts in Sawa-chan flashback was hilarious. You can see the guy she liked drifting further and further away from the stage as she "evolved" through each concert. He was very near the stage on the first, and by the time the concert turned into some kind of cult at the very end (as there's some chanting background voice), he was all the way at the back of the room.
Old 2009-05-01, 13:19   Link #66
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ah I always seem to enjoy the crazy sensei characters in Anime and this one did not disappoint.

Really fun episode all around though and I hope to hell they actually play next episode instead of just ending it right before they do or something...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-05-01, 13:25   Link #67
masumi
真澄

I have to say that this is possibly the best episode yet, and Yamanaka-sensei is ~sugoi~!
Old 2009-05-01, 13:25   Link #68
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Really fun episode all around though and I hope to hell they actually play next episode instead of just ending it right before they do or something...
Oh man, I do hope so as well. That would be the biggest troll any anime has pulled yet this season if they won't be able to perform.
Old 2009-05-01, 14:04   Link #69
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Episode 5 seems to be very good considering how awesome Sawako is... and her WILD past!

Rating: 9/10

Full Episode 5 Reaction
Old 2009-05-01, 14:32   Link #70
Fran~
floating away...

my predictions... after ep6 or 7, it depends when the band will play, Mio will be elevated to the status of character of the year. Same efect that haruhi after in the festival when she sang God Knows.
Old 2009-05-01, 14:34   Link #71
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Definitely the best episode yet.

There was nothing I could find wrong with this episode, like really. The addition of Sawako and just the increased comedic value in general already made it great, but to top it all off they started tinkering in the music side of the show~ What I liked is how they blended both humor and the music this time around, which was what I wanted since the first episode.

Sawako is an awesome character, no doubt about it. I was expecting her to become the adviser, but I didn't think she would add a whole new dynamic to the club itself. It's hard to explain, but I think she contributes a lot, and takes away next to nothing from the what made the club so great in the first place. I hope she keeps this up, as it can make the next couple of episodes very satisfying.

They're still milking all the moe out of Mio, but I'm glad it wasn't so overdone this time around. Mio is cute yes, but she can get annoying when the moe is abused. Besides that though, Yui stands on top of the main four this episode again. Her trying to get Ritsu to pick her to sing, and the results of her "training" were great, and it's a shame too since I was looking forward to her leading the band I should have expected it to be Mio though, and now I can't wait since the next episode seems to be their first actual performance.

And the last two things... so Tsumugi's secret feelings for women has been revealed? Awesome, at least she's going to be a little more interesting now. Finally, Sawako's Ong-Bak parody was gnarly.
Old 2009-05-01, 15:08   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmmm.....reflecting back on last nights episode, Sawako was definitely the biggest and most intriguing personality so far in the show (mostly owing to everyone else being kind of blah), but her impact was kind of dulled by the fact that I have already seen this character done in a much more consistently amusing fashion in a much more conistently funny music group based anime not to long ago. I'm now left to think of the possibilities had I seen K-On before I saw DMC or had I not seen DMC at all! Whatever the case she's still no GTO or even post time skip Yoko from TTGL.

Not getting ahead of myself , I will say that I have no expectations for the concert next episode, but I do have some theories. Realistically speaking they should just squeak through and have a lot of fun while doing it, but fail to win any prizes or lasting admiration until the next time they play, because after all they are still new. That would leave the lesson that even with how much they've improved they still have much improvement to go through as a group.

This being K-ON and Kyoani it seems like they would go for some over the top uber-play sequence of them being rock gods to up the popularity of the show, (And with reference to that Linda Linda Linda film they like referencing so much) because it seems like what the majority wants is something akin to "God Knows", right here and right now. Of course that would send the wrong message to otaku subgroups who picked up guitar just because of this show that learning to play it and forming a strong band is easy and discourage them from trying to improve further when they realize through real life experience that it isn't. And of course at that point to what would be the point of having 6 more episodes if they've already proven themselves. Unless of course the Budokan is not the final goal and they go on to tour the country or prefecture or something.

Okay I actually AM starting to get ahead of myself with the theory so I definitely want to stop now. It's best to wait and see what actually happens next episode and then I can come back to this.

Anyway, for the record I don't think one single character moment in any anime that is just played for "rule of cool" purposes can make a character some universal character of the year in my eyes. Then again I don't believe one single event in an episode that is kind of good can elevate such an episode to perfect 10 status if everything else is just average, but hey, whoever said that everyone uses the same score card.

Whatever the case I am curious to see where this show goes now, if for totally different reasons then most people.

Lastly, agreed with the poster above on Mio. They're obviously still working her moe angle, but at least this time it wasn't over done, it just felt kind of natural again like it did before she become crazy popular with otaku. Of course that might have been because the focus with on Sawako overshadowing every other personality in the show. It really makes me wonder if they are going to be competing against each other for screen time now.
Old 2009-05-01, 15:24   Link #73
slayer545-sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Probably they use their teeth to bite the guitar pick tightly..there's no way you can play a guitar with a tongue,unless if you train long enough with your tongue,and make your tongue's surface becomes harder..but still its impossible..i think?

I never heard of a case where your tongue can harden in the same way your finger would...is there any?

Its either bite the guitar pick with your teeth,or you use the upper front side of the teeth...

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Yeah it's the teethes. I have a crazier idea.....somehow glue a pic to your tongue.
Old 2009-05-01, 16:23   Link #74
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Or you could pull a Paul Gilbert and start doing arpeggio sweeps using your ass.
Old 2009-05-01, 17:03   Link #75
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This was definitely the most funnier episode yet, Sawako is giving the series a new depth. But I wouldn't say it's the best overall because episode 4 had that awesome fireworks scene and Mio reaching a new record in the moeness scale.

Mugi's being a yuri fangirl was really a surprise! However I'm not sure she is lesbian herslef at this point, it's more like she is attracted by lesbian relationships for some reason. I wonder how this will develop.

Old 2009-05-01, 17:52   Link #76
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

A yuri fangirl complete with yuri goggles. That was funny.

Krauser-sensei still beats that.
Old 2009-05-01, 18:42   Link #77
ThoHell

MUGI IS COMING OUT!!!!! That was unexpected, but rather interesting. Actually it seems to fit her character for some reason. Yui is getting really good at playing but man Sensei is one crazy woman O_o..

I wonder what the last episode is going to be. Manga is still on going and we're not even halfway done yet and we're already at the festival. Maybe Yui will get to sing before it all ends, or so I hope.
Old 2009-05-01, 19:05   Link #78
DidCart

Episode with story progression!

Yuri-Mugi!
Moe-Mio! (as always)
Krauser-Sawako!

Best episode so far!
Finally Mio will sing!
Yui will become the next Sawako!
Sawako will put WILD COSTUMES in the band like in the ED!
The series is getting better and better!
Old 2009-05-01, 19:19   Link #79
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I hadn't made that link, yet. Sawako-sensei will probably be one of the driving elements in how the girls form their band, both musically and visually, eh?

Old 2009-05-01, 19:42   Link #80
Fran~
floating away...

I dont wanna to told that, because is Manga material... but yes... she will be serious about her role as advisor.

So, be aware of the multiple cosplay outfits from Sawa-chan